Focus

Pool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Summary: In which Seulgi notices over time that whenever she talks to Joohyun, the latter's eyes are fixated on her lips instead.

...

 

"Hello? Joohyun unnie?" She waves in front of her face with her hand, eyebrows quirked upward and staring back at the brown orbs that were looking below her eyes, "Earth to Joohyun unnie..."

"Y-Yes?" Joohyun blinks repeatedly and shakes her head, "Sorry, what were we talking about?"

The two girls were sitting on a small round table in the midst of the cafeteria while everyone else was in their own universe focusing on their own individual thing. Seulgi sips her cup of coffee and sends a grumbling look at her senior's face for not paying full attention to her.

Seulgi sighs, "I was just talking about how Daniel keeps giving me the weird looks in class. I mean, I know we share the same surname and all but that doesn't mean I was made for him or something."

Joohyun chuckles in return, leaning her head on her arm in amusement.

"You say he's sending you weird looks. Does that mean he's into you or does that mean he's trying to spite you? I don't know too much about him but.. He's a good guy, isn't he?"

Seulgi snorts all of a sudden, "Good guy? I see him together with Jihyo all the time. What do you even mean? I don't like that kind of a person. He seems so shady." She pauses for a moment, "Though... I could be mistaken if he's actually hitting on me or something.. I don't know. Like you said, I can only say 'weird looks' because I don't know what he's trying to get at."

"Oh." Joohyun could only reply shortly. She readjusts her position and leans in a little closer, "So.. What kind of a person do you like then, Seulgi?"

That was a question Seulgi didn't expect out of the blue all of a sudden. She draws her eyes elsewhere from what's in front of her and looks off to the side, sparing a moment of peace to think.

"Umm.... Well.." She scratches her head, "I haven't really thought about it.. But I think I'd like someone who's older so... Obviously Daniel's out of the picture." Seulgi stops her sentences as she takes a glance on her wristwatch.

Joohyun's eyebrow twitches, intrigued, "Oh?"

"Hey unnie, sorry to cut our time short, but I have class in seven minutes - I should really get going."

Seulgi packs her things together as Joohyun stands up.

"Oh, alright. Have fun in class. I'll text you okay?"

"Yeah, ok! See you around-!" She waves with a smile before jogging off into the distance as Joohyun stares from the back.

 

...

 

"Hey! Sorry, am I late?"

Seulgi pulls out the chair to take a seat in front of Joohyun.

"No, you're ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter