The big yellow part two

Blue Betta the remix

Sunmi holds each of the twin’s hands in her own. They giggle and skip beside her and she can’t help but melt at how adorable they are. She really loved her nieces, even though they were cut out of her stupid sister’s ...their mannerisms, attitude, the way they talked. Just like Sooyoung when she was younger. 

Sooyoung growing up was mean as hell, but Sunmi had influenced that a lot. Sulli was the good child between the three and Sunmi hates to admit that her younger sister was the better one. Especially to Sooyoung.Sunmi was only five years older than Sooyoung and Sulli was only two years younger than her.  She would take a fourteen year old Sooyoung to parties, while Sulli would help Sooyoung do homework and give her life advice.

Between the three of them however, Sooyoung was the fighter, no matter how physically tiny and frail she was she always came out stronger. She’d stand up to anyone and she had bottled a lot of anger from being in the middle of Dasom’s and the father’s divorce. Sooyoung always tried to do good and make everyone happy, but her efforts didn’t always reach which in turn made her frustrated. That she couldn’t do the world good everyday. 

Her kids were just a reminder to Sunmi just how their childhood was like. She knows how crazy Sooyoung could be and it seemed like it carried through her daughters. Her baby sister has mellowed out a lot, her insanity seems to flow through bad mom jokes now.

Sunmi pulls the twins up to her lamborghini, her pink one…with only front seats. “ I forgot there were two of you.” She groans out and looks at the twins who give her strange glares. She wasn’t really thinking straight, but hell that bus lady called her out of the blue.

“But Aunt Mimi you saw us last week.” Sunmi stares down Yeji who mumbles to her. She can not recall seeing her nieces last week. Actually she can’t remember from last week.

Sunmi swallows and lifts the door up, “yeah um of course.” Sunmi grumbles and stuffs both of them in one seat. She could watch the both of them for the day she’s done it before then call Jinsoul up...her sister’s y wife...who she still tried to hit on and would get rejected every time. 

Buckling the two in she chuckles and squeezes their cheeks before grabbing their backpacks to put them in the tiny storage in the car. Sunmi drives them to her nice little apartment in the city. They blabber about that boy and Sunmi scoffs when Yuna tells her the reason that little boy’s nose was now on backwards.

First however, before they got home Sunmi knows it’s gonna be getting cold soon. So she stops at the old Burberry Store and buys both of them any coat they want. Yuna gets a Faux Fur coat and Yeji wants a little cashmere action. She blows a couple grand on her nieces just to see their smiles. 

The two walk into her apartment with some Gucci glasses they found in the glove compartment and their oversized coats. Sunmi goes to the table to sit, already a little wired out. “Why don’t you guys go play on the T.V some, Aunt Mimi needs to sit down.” The two shrug and fumble around the house and Sunmi yells, “SHOES OFF PLEASE.” She hears a groan or two but then the clutter of shoes being thrown off.

Yuna and Yeji race through the house and into their Aunt Mimi’s bedroom. The older woman had Youtube on her T.V and the twins really liked to listen to music. Yuna grabs the remote, “what you wanna listen to?” Yuna mumbles to her sister already clicking around.

“Perfume.” Yeji says while staring at the screen. Yuna agrees and they click on a playlist, the pop music already booming in the room as they giggle and jump around with each other. Yuna and Yeji know some of the simple choreos so they focus on the screen while dancing, not noticing the lump under the sheets behind them.

The lump groans, why did she hear kids and japanese pop. 

Jennie shoves the covers off of her head and glances down at two kids fighting over a remote. “Play Michael Jackson!”

“Noo I wanna listen to-” 

Jennie watches as the two go at it, naming out various artists over and over again. The two seem to finally notice as they freeze while playing tug of war with the remote and slowly turn to her. The one with pigtails jerks the remote and puts it behind her back while the other one blushes madly and looks down. 

“Hi,” Jennie smiles and waves at the two. 

Yeji blinks at the lady in her Aunt Mimi’s bed. It was a young woman and she had a big sweater on. “Hi.”

Jennie slips out of the bed and pulls the sweater over her thighs as she walks over to the two, “Hi cuties, what’s your names?”

The one with pigtails smiles with all her teeth, it’s the cutest thing Jennie has ever seen, “Jung Yeji.”

Jennie turns to the one that was still avoiding her gaze, blushing like crazy. “And yours?” 

The other one slowly looks up and into her eyes, it’s silent for a few seconds. “You’re really pretty.” Jennie smiles at the little girl’s compliment.

But before she can tell the girl she’s even prettier her assumable sister elbows her, “that’s not your name stupid head!”

The one that called her pretty smacks back, “I know that ugly I was just saying she’s pretty!” Jennie lets her eyebrows raise. These two girls were mean. But instantly they cling onto each other and look back at her. The shy one mumbles out, “Jung Yuna.” 

Jennie looks between the two, they were similar yet different. “I didn’t know Sunmi had kids.”

“We’re not, we her nieces.” Jennie hums, she didn’t know Sunmi had siblings. Well...she hadn’t known Sunmi that long either. Maybe four days? “Come on Yuna let’s go see what Aunt Mimi is doing and leave her alone.”

Jennie wants to protest but she was also really sleepy. Yeji leaves and Yuna stands there looking at her, “you’re really pretty…”

The girl blinks and Jennie smiles, “awe you’re prettier.” Yuna then breaks out into the cutest smile and walks away giggling. Jennie watches amused when the girl runs into the wall instead of through the door. Yuna bumps her head off the wall and shakes away the pain before laughing and smiling again then runs away embarrassed.

Yuna meets up with her sister who is questioning her Aunt, Yeji points at the white powder all on Sunmi’s nose. “Aunt Mimi what’s that.” 

Sunmi knots her brows and wipes her nose and snorts the rest of it, blinking dramatically as she does so. “Sugar.” 

“Why you putting it up your nose?”

“Because. Mind your business.” Sunmi smiles and pats Yeji on the head while Yuna climbs onto the counter to rummage through her snack cabinet. 

Yeji narrows her eyes at her aunt, “this why momma never lets us come over because you’re weird.” 

Sunmi laughs and kisses the girl on the forehead, “no the reason why you guys never come over is because your moms a hoe.” Sunmi never got to spend time around the kids by herself because one. Sooyoung didn’t trust her alone with them, two she didn’t trust Sunmi around her wife. But Sooyoung did make a lot of effort bringing them over. “How’s your other mom?” Sunmi asks, a bit nosey since she never sees Jinsoul.

Yeji smirks, “mind your business.” 

Sunmi throws her head back cracking up. What a good answer, the twins may have the Jung name but they’re Ha blood. Straight up mean. Sunmi pulls Yeji into her lap and they chat when another person appears in the kitchen. Sunmi raises a brow as she watches Jennie slip into a seat beside Yuna who was eating cereal. Her third bowl. The younger twin shyly smiles and hides her face in her bowl when Jennie pats on her head.

“Didn’t know you were still here.” Sunmi says blankly. She stares at her sweater thrown over the girl’s body. Looks like Jennie made herself right at home but Sunmi couldn’t find herself wanting to complain. It was weirdly comforting the way Jennie smiled at her.

Jennie takes the box of cereal and eats it dryly, “didn’t know you were an aunt...Aunt Mimi.” Sunmi rolls her eyes and throws a coco puff at Jennie’s smirk.

They eat peacefully together and Sunmi feels something deep in her gut. She kinda wanted a family. She wanted to get out of here soon as possible before she did something stupid...like asking Jennie if she wanted to stay the night again.

“We should go to the park.” 

~~~~

Jinsoul rolls up to school excited to see her babies after a long day. She’s missed them so so much and can’t wait to hold them and ask them about their day. Jinsoul bounces in the driver seat as she parks, screaming lowly with happiness. 

The younger woman jogs up to the stairs to the entrance rolling back and forth from her heels to toes as she shakes with inpatientence. She breaks into a huge smile when her youngest breaks out first which is strange, the older two always were out because they knew how to tie their shoes.

Jinsoul squats down and holds her arms out reaching the same volume as her daughter screams. She lifts the girl into her arms and spins her around. Hugging her like she hasn’t seen her all year long...but that’s how it felt to Jinsoul. 

Squeezing Chaeyoung against her chest she spreads a thousand kisses across her daughter's face. “Mommy missed you so much today.” Jinsoul whispers in her hair and rocks them side to side with the girl still lifted in her arms. Her baby tries to hug back but her tiny arms can’t hardly reach around her shoulders.

Jinsoul giggles and rubs her nose against Chaeyoung for a little Eskimo kiss before shifting the girl to her hip to rest there. Chaeyoung clings onto her and watches the entrance to the school along with Jinsoul. “Mommy I-“

“Shhh baby I’m trying to find your sisters.” Jinsoul glares at the doors and there’s only a few kids left. Jinsoul’s panic starts to set in, the twins only had after school meetings with Ms. Tinashe on Thursdays. Jinsoul walks through the school looking for her children but can’t find them. Tears spring to her eyes and her heart starts to pump. She holds Chaeyoung tighter against her as she storms through the halls. 

She’s almost to their home room teacher before her youngest blurts out. “Mommy I saw Aunt Mimi today.”

Jinsoul freezes and stares at her child, “you saw Sunmi?” Chaeyoung furrows her brows, right she doesn’t know anyone’s name. She doesn’t even know Sooyoung’s name. “Baby where did you see Aunt Mimi?”

The girl giggles and plays with her hair, “at the buth with mith buth lady.” Jinsoul blinks, why the hell was Sunmi there?

“Um...where did they go?”

Chaeyoung shrugs, “I dunno.” 

Jinsoul holds Chaeyoung with one arm and pulls out her phone with the other. She dials the number and let’s it ring for a few seconds. A smooth voice like her wife’s pick up. “Hey oooh .”

Sunmi on the other line checks the time. Yeah she was about to be ed out. “Yeah do you happen to have my children?”

“Yes…”

“Why, what is the reason?” Sunmi widens her eyes at Jinsoul’s tone and Jennie gives her an amused look.

Sunmi covers the microphone, “sister in law.”

Jennie’s smile is knowing and she silently laughs at Jinsoul cusses her out some more. Sunmi covers her laugh, “Jin..Yes Jinsoul I’ll send you my location just calm down.” Sunmi hangs up and sends the location.

The younger woman looks at the blank on her phone and huffs. “Calm down my ...I am calm.” She looks at her daughter, realizing she just said some harsh stuff in front of her. 

Chaeyoung looks at her with sparkling eyes, “mommy what doeth pith for brainz mean?”

Jinsoul blinks.

“Nothing baby.”

~~~~

Sunmi is watching Jennie play with the twins on the swing sets when Jinsoul pulls up in her fancy car that Sooyoung bought her. Sunmi rolls her eyes, Sooyoung had all her girls spoiled rotten. 

She can’t help but take a deep breath when she sees Jinsoul rush out of her car, pulling out her youngest daughter with her. Jinsoul looks very pissed, Sunmi thinks it’s very y. The younger woman stomps over to her with Chaeyoung on her hip, her finger already lifting up to point in her face. 

But the baby in Jinsoul’s arms screams and Sunmi knows her sister’s wife can’t go all the way in on her. It would be traumatizing for Chaeyoung to see the bad side of her mom. “Aunt Mimi!” The girl reaches for her so Sunmi takes her outta Jinsoul’s arms and into her own. 

Sunmi loved her nieces more than anything in this world so she ignores Jinsoul’s aggressive stare. “How’s my baby Chae doing?” Sunmi brushes the girl’s hair back as she rambles on and on about her day. Slowly but surely Jinsoul cools down, rolling her eyes as she pushes past Sunmi to go sit down on the bench.

Taking every opportunity she can get, Sunmi almost cracks her neck from how hard she checks Jinsoul out. Head to toe, Sunmi lets out a low hum. How did her baby sister manage to marry the finest woman alive. Jinsoul looked a little too good in those jeans.

Even though Sunmi won’t deny how attractive Jinsoul is, she could never live with her. Jinsoul was too damn crazy, she and Sooyoung were perfect for each other. Going to sit down beside the younger woman she shifts Chaeyoung in her lap.

Jinsoul looks exhausted, the younger woman is slumped down in the bench rubbing her temples with two fingers each. “Rough day?” Sunmi asks. 

“Ha, you have no idea.” Sunmi didn’t fully understand what Jinsoul did, even though Sooyoung had explained it to her a bunch of times. It seemed important and all sciency. Too stressful for Sunmi. She was just a relations therapist. Still, she didn’t know how to deal with her own relationships. “It’s a ing freakshow, and the one thing I looked forward to everyday is seeing my wife and kids...and when two of my babies was missing.” Jinsoul seethes out while shaking her head.

Sunmi swallows fearfully when Jinsoul turns to her with crazy eyes, “tell me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you.” The younger woman rolls her eyes, running her fingers through her black hair, “Sunmi you gotta tell me this stuff, I almost had a heart attack.”

“I was, but I got distracted.”

Jinsoul snorts, “by what? Your little boo thing.” Sunmi blushes at the mention of Jennie but she isn’t given time to argue when Jinsoul starts to yell. “YUNA, YEJI, OVER HERE NOW.”

The twins freeze at their mother’s voice. Then a split second later they’re trying to defy physics by how fast they’re trying to get to Jinsoul. The younger woman simply leans down as the two hit her with a force of a ton of bricks. Somehow, Jinsoul’s unfazed even though they collided with her like a semi-truck.

“Them girls sure do love their mommy.” Sunmi snorts as the twins cling onto Jinsoul, trying to climb into her lap even though they are a bit grown now. Jinsoul showers them with kisses and sweet words. Holding them as close as she can while pulling them up. The twins sit beside their mom, both of them snuggled under an arm each as Jinsoul takes turns kissing them on the head.

No wonder they got in trouble at school so much, Jinsoul didn’t look like she would hurt a fly. Jinsoul presses her cheek into Yeji’s head as she holds Yuna’s against her chest. “I missed my babies so much.” Yeji’s on the verge of tears and Yuna is just happy. Sunmi can guess why the other one is about to cry. She probably feels guilty.

Sunmi hates to ruin it, but she needs to at least give Jinsoul a hint as to why they were playing hookie today, “so...the reason why they weren’t at school.” The twins stare at her with pleading eyes, begging her to not say a word. But Jinsoul was gonna ask anyway. “There was a little tussle on the bus with some boy.” Jinsoul’s eyes widen.

The younger woman starts to check for any scratches or bruises that she may have missed. She holds the twins heads between her head as they groan at the overprotective behavior of their mother. Jinsoul was panicking a bit, scared that her girls were hurt, “are you guys okay?” She asks worried, cradling their faces affectionately. 

“Yeah mommy we kicked his .”  

Slapping her hand on her knee she glares at her daughter, “Yuna, watch your mouth before I pop it.” Jinsoul sighs and the twins cringe, already knowing they’re about to get their ears chewed off. “Girls, what did I tell you about fighting?”

“But mommy he was saying mean things about you!”

“It doesn’t matter, if you want to pick a fight wait until it’s where no one can see.” Jinsoul explains, although she wasn’t completely against fighting, she knew it shouldn’t be often. This is the fifth time Yeji’s gotten in trouble, Yuna’s second. She wishes her daughters would just tell someone so the problem could be removed not worsened. She’s afraid that where the twins are good fighters they may be the ones to get in trouble. 

Yeji crosses her arms, “he was the one that started it. And Momma said that we supposed to be the ones who finish it.” Jinsoul shakes her head at Sooyoung’s influence. Her wife was right, but she didn’t want her babies to be suspended at school and have a bad time. Even worse, expelled. 

Jinsoul didn’t want them getting hurt. She knows her girls can hold their own, but there may come a time where they can’t. Jinsoul doesn’t want them to keep this habit of fighting. “Momma doesn’t know what she’s talking about, baby I don’t want no one to have the chance to lay a finger on you. Leave it to the adults to handle it.”

Yuna puts her two cents in, “but Miss Amber doesn't do anything. She sit there and talk about how we shouldn’t be haters. I don’t know what that means mommy.”

Jinsoul blinks, “well that’s dumb.” Her twins look at her funny before Jinsoul shakes her head, “I mean...okay maybe Miss Amber isn’t the best bus driver. Do you all wanna switch buses?”

Yuna and Yeji look at each other, before the older twin answers for them both, “No, all our friends on the bus.” 

The younger woman hums, “well if that boy is mean again you guys just ignore it.”

“See Yeji, I told you!”

“Shut up Yuna!”

Jinsoul shushes them both by patting them on the back. “Stop it you two. I don’t need you guys fighting too.” Yuna and Yeji glare at each other before looking back up to their mom, “If it gets too bad, mommy will start driving you guys to school.” The twins seem to like that idea, they like hanging around their mom. 

“Can momma take us too?”

Jinsoul nods.

“Aunt Yerim too?”

“Yup.” Jinsoul then turns to Sunmi who was listening into their conversation. Jinsoul was a great mother Sunmi can tell just by how much the twins adore her. “You guys can ride with Aunt Mimi too.” Jinsoul winks at her and Sunmi faintly blushes, but the twins' silence is deafening. Jinsoul takes notice and looks between them, they were giving her silent pleas. “Or not.” Their smiles are enough to break Sunmi’s heart.

She sighs, “Damn. You two are ice cold.”

Yuna tilts her head as an apology, “no offense Aunt mimi.” 

Sunmi can’t help but smile anyways, and all their attention had been turned to the girl who was slowly making her way up to them. Jennie had been hovering away, not wanting to get involved in family affairs, but didn’t want to come off as rude.

Jinsoul smiles at her and reaches her hand out, “Hi I’m Jinsoul, Sumni’s sister in law.” Jennie is blushing, probably torn up by the fact Jinsoul is so gorgeous. Jennie lets out a short hum before reaching her own hand out. Yuna is staring up at her before she hides her red face in her mother’s chest. 

“I’m Jennie,” She steals a quick glance at Sunmi who is giving her a strange look...something similar to affection. “Sunmi’s uh friend.” Jennie notices how Sunmi’s smile drops in disappointment. “Your girls are good kids, hope you don’t mind that we kinda kidnapped them today.” 

Jinsoul breaks into a bigger smile, glancing at both of her babies in her lap and the one in Sunmi’s. “I know my girl’s are perfect and no I don’t mind at all.” Jinsoul glances back up at Jennie, she’s cute. “Girls you wanna go play some more.” The twins nod eagerly and Chaeyoung is already jumping out of Sunmi’s lap. 

The younger woman waves at her girl’s as they run back to the playground. Yeji is holding Jennie’s hand as she does so. Jinsoul sighs and turns to Sunmi, “I like her.” Sunmi glares at her before agreeing.

Sunmi chats with Jinsoul some more as the sun rests into the sky. As the girl’s are almost half asleep, being laid into the car by Jinsoul. The younger woman turns to Sunmi one last time, Jennie wrapped around the woman’s arm. “Don’t tell Sooyoung...you know how she is.” Sunmi nods sincerely and blows kisses to her nieces before Jinsoul drives off. 

As she and Jennie walk to her own car, the younger woman asks, “what’s your sister like?” 

Sunmi hums, “she’s something else. I’ll let you meet her sometime, I have another one too.” Sunmi says seriously. Jennie rests her cheek on her shoulder and Sunmi opens the passenger side door for her. Jennie climbs in and Sunmi closes it for her. 

She thinks about what Jinsoul said…

Sumni thinks she likes Jennie too.

~~~~

Jinsoul is painting Yeji’s nails when she hears her wife coming into their home. She smiles at the sing-song of their names as Sooyoung calls out to them. “Girls I’m home!!!” Jinsoul’s heart races, she loved this woman so much. She’s been on edge waiting for her to get home. Eager to see her, Jinsoul had started to miss Sooyoung about an hour ago. Don’t get her wrong, Sooyoung gets on her nerves, so Jinsoul appreciates the time away. But after too long, she starts to miss Sooyoung like crazy. It’s even worse with her babies, she starts to miss them not even an hour after she’s parted from them. She’s deathly attached to her wife and children.

After so many years, she still gets so excited when she hears Sooyoung’s voice after a long day. Wanting to go greet her she stops herself and the girl’s already rushing off the bed to go hug their momma. Jinsoul points at the bedroom door, “lock it baby.” Yeji who was the closest to the door locks it as quickly as she can and Jinsoul waves at her to come back to bed.

Jinsoul huddles them all together in the middle of the bed, Chaeyoung is hanging off of her from behind while Yuna is on her lap and Yeji is snuggled into her side. Jinsoul listens closely, Sooyoung was probably taking her shoes off and stuff. She then hears a loud whine from the living room, “Girls!?” 

The twins and Jinsoul giggle quietly as Chaeyoung hides behind her mother. They were playing a trick on Sooyoung and it was clear it was already getting to the woman. Sooyoung continues to whine and cry, wondering why none of her babies have come to greet her yet. Sooyoung’s feet pitter-patter through the house, searching for her wife and kids only to not find them. 

Jinsoul snorts as a loud groan comes from the hallway, Sooyoung seemed very upset that they were hiding from her. “Um I’m home?! Do you all not love me or something!?” Sooyoung was very sensitive, especially as she aged. If she didn’t get a welcome home hug and kiss from every one of them, she pouted up and sulked for the rest of the evening until she got it. 

Her wife was needy, but Jinsoul loves it. Jinsoul shushes her girls when Sooyoung finally reaches the bedroom door, shaking it when she discovers it was locked. “Don’t do me like this!” Jinsoul covers to quiet the laugh that’s about to break out as Sooyoung cries pitifully, “let me in...LET ME IN.” 

Yuna and Yeji jump up to go let their mom in, but Jinsoul stops them. The door shakes a lot more aggressively. “If you all don’t let me in this door! UNLOCK IT NOW!” Jinsoul shuffled to the edge of the bed, now Sooyoung was swiping her hands under it. Jinsoul snorts when Sooyoung’s middle finger pops up, “I missed you all and this is how you treat me.”

It’s quiet for a few moments until Sooyoung yells again, “I SWEAR TO GOD IF THIS DOOR ISN’T OPEN IN THREE SECONDS.” Sooyoung starts to count down and Jinsoul can’t stop Chaeyoung from running to the door, scared by the countdown it’s self. She quickly unlocks it. Jinsoul holds the twins protectivily. The door doesn’t open at first.

But when it does, it creaks open slowly, since Chaeyoung is curious as to why her mother hadn’t come in yet despite unlocking it. Chaeyoung is looking past the open door and into the darkness, Jinsoul narrows her eyes but can’t see Sooyoung. The twins scream when their baby sister is snatched up and behind the door at the speed of light.

There’s no sound, not even a peep from behind the door. But then Sooyoung reaches in to turn the light off leaving them in darkness. Jinsoul giggles as the twins scramble to get under the blanket since they’re afraid of the dark. But Sooyoung is quick and before her eyes can adjust to the darkness Jinsoul is grabbed.

She lets out a scream and swings, landing her fist on Sooyoung’s side. She hears her wife groan out in pain, flopping onto the floor. Jinsoul gasps and rushes to turn on the night lamp before crawling down to hold her wounded wife. Sooyoung’s on the verge of tears, either from being neglected or because Jinsoul had some muscle. Jinsoul rubs on the wounded spot while holding the back of Sooyoung's head. “I sowwy.” Sooyoung glares at her, “Sooyoungie I sowwy.”

Sooyoung rolls her eyes but then winces in pain, “damn forgot about that left hook you got.” Jinsoul pouts up at her wife, feeling bad as their children circle around them. Sooyoung smiles up at her, “hi baby.” Sooyoung then looks at her kids, “there’s all my beautiful girls. Don’t be hiding no more, you know momma doesn’t like that.”

It doesn’t take but a second later for all three of their girls to crawl on top of Sooyoung making the older woman huff and raise her legs up at the added weight. But Sooyoung soon reciprocates the love and affection. A bright smile invading her features when her daughters and wife start to cuddle her.

It isn’t later until Jinsoul’s forgiven for her accidental punch, after lots of kisses and Sooyoung’s favorite take out order, her wife had quit pouting at her for bruising her rib. She’s spooning Sooyoung from behind, while her wife had Chaeyoung snuggled up to her chest. Their baby girl was drooling all over Sooyoung’s shirt while the twins were playing in the hallway with nerf guns. 

Jinsoul wraps her around Sooyoung’s waist a little tighter and leans down to kiss behind her ear. Taking her hand that was holding her head up, Jinsoul brushes her fingers through her wife’s hair, earning a hum of appreciation. “Hey Sooyoung.” Her wife slightly turns to her, smiling when she kisses the back of her neck before planting her lips on Sooyoung’s for a chaste kiss. “You think it’s a bad idea if we start driving the girl’s to school?” 

Sooyoung blinks at her before stretching up to kiss her again, Jinsoul closes her eyes at the touch of their lips before opening them back up when Sooyoung mumbles out against them, “what happened?” 

Jinsoul sighs and leans her head back onto her palm, “nothing, they just don’t like the bus.” Jinsoul lies, knowing Sooyoung would probably freak out. Her wife narrows her eyes and Jinsoul tries her best to not show any signs of dishonesty. She rarely lied to Sooyoung about something this bad. Of course there were sweet little lies, like blaming Chaeyoung for eating the last one of Sooyoung’s snack cakes when she was the one who stuffed it in at a 3am craving.

It was hard lying to Sooyoung, but Jinsoul wanted to take care of this herself.

“Yeah, that’s fine.” Sooyoung seems to believe her before turning back over to watch the tv. Jinsoul sighs silently and cuddles back up to her wife.

She hopes she can fix this soon.

~~~~

Sooyoung has a staff meeting this evening, so Jinsoul was on mom duty again today. She’s walking the girl’s to the bus like usual, she pays close attention to the twins to try and catch any differences. Like fear or anxiety. But none, her girl’s seem happy as they yap about what math they’re learning and Chaeyoung brags about a movie they watched.

It isn’t until the bus rolls near when Jinsoul catches it. Both Yuna and Yeji’s smiles drop and while Yuna clings to her, Yeji slips her hand out of Jinsoul’s. The younger woman feels her heart fall to her stomach, she’s about to snatch them up and take them to school herself but the bus has already stopped and Jinsoul holds onto them.

Trying to do her normal routine she’s a bit more clingy. Hugging Yuna too tight and kissing Chaeyoung too much. What hurts Jinsoul, is when Yeji is already climbing onto the bus. There hasn’t been one day Jinsoul’s hasn’t loved on her before sending her to school. She grabs Yeji’s hand but her girl shakes it off, “bye mom.” She quietly tells her.

She didn’t even call her mommy....Jinsoul sniffles and tries to not cry as she fixes Yuna’s coat and Chaeyoung’s hair. She didn’t even tell Yeji she loves her...her baby didn’t say I love you. Telling her other girl’s loving words, she’s finally able to send them off. 

Jinsoul stands there and watches the bus go.

As she walks off, she starts to sob.

~~~~

It gets to Jinsoul. It’s been days since she’s taken the girl’s to school since Sooyoung was trying to make up for not taking them. She wonders how Yeji reacts, Sooyoung is a lot more stubborn than her. So the girl probably gets in trouble if she tries to get out of a goodbye hug. 

Jinsoul sighs and takes another bite of her sandwich. The lunches Sooyoung makes her are always good, but today she can’t keep it down due to nerves. Packing up she checks her phone, contemplating on calling her wife just to check and see how things went this morning. Jinsoul’s worried, she can’t help it.  

The door to her office opens, it’s one of the interns, “Smoky had a stress related again.” Jinsoul frowns, Smoky was her favorite dolphin. Getting up, she guesses she won’t have the chance to call Sooyoung. At least her mind will be somewhere else. Working at an aquatic rehabilitation center in Busan isn’t the most fun, it’s stressful since they didn’t have a great budget. But she likes the fact that her children are growing up where Sooyoung did, and they’re a lot closer to Dasom.

Walking out of her office, she misses the ringing of her phone.

Sooyoung was watching videos on her laptop when she got the call. In between teaching classes she picks her phone up without even checking. This was usually the time Jinsoul called if she did, “hello?” Sooyoung snorts when one of the girls on her computer screen throws a drink on the other.

“Mrs. Jung? Hi I’m calling from JYP Elementary, your daughter Yeji is currently in the principal’s office, and we'll need a parent to discuss appropriate course of discipline.” Sooyoung’s jaw clenches and she leans up in her chair. Her daughter? In trouble? 

“What? I mean...what’s the reason.”

The woman on the other line hums and Sooyoung starts to gather her stuff in a panic. “There was inappropriate behavior during lunch. Your daughter was involved in a physical altercation with another student.” Sooyoung freezes, her heart clenches. A fight? Why was Yeji fighting for. “This is the second time this week.”

“Second!?” Sooyoung yells at the speakers, “is she okay?” 

“Yes, the other student however has sustained injuries.” Sooyoung curses and hangs up, tired of the professional voice. She doesn’t know whether to be worried or angry. Second time this week? Surely Jinsoul was informed, but why hadn’t her wife said anything to her? Sooyoung knew she was lying the other night. The first fight must have been on the bus. Sooyoung was going to kill Jinsoul.

Groaning as she clicks down the hallway and stops by one of her coworkers offices, “Momo, my kid got into some at school, can you post it on the door that the rest of my classes is cancelled.” The woman nods, with concern in her eyes but Sooyoung is stomping off a second later.

Jinsoul is holding the dolphin up as one of the doctors gives it medicine. She was in charge of the physical therapy of the animals here and while she didn’t mind getting in the water with them, days like these proved that it was inconvenient.

When the doctor finishes she thanks them and pats on the dolphin, before releasing it into the shallow water. “Jung Jinsoul!” Turning she looks for the voice, was she going crazy? That was Sooyoung’s voice. Sure enough it was, while Jinsoul smiles happily at the surprise visit, it soon drops at the look on Sooyoung’s face. Oh...she was mad mad.

One of the interns was trying to keep Sooyoung back, not really understanding who she was or how mad she was. Sooyoung pushes them back, clearly not liking how they were all up in their business. Her wife is about to them out by the way she’s glaring at them so Jinsoul quickly dismisses the intern and pulls her wife back into the facility.

Jinsoul knows she’s in bad trouble when Sooyoung jerks her hand out of her grip. Turning she sulks when her wife pushes past her, “hurry, we gotta get to school.” Jinsoul’s heart drops to her stomach. Oh god, were the girls okay?

Not even bothering to argue about changing, Jinsoul guesses she can go in her short sleeved wetsuit despite it being cold outside. “Sooyoung what happened?”

Her wife looks at her for the first time, anger filling her eyes. “Yeji got in a fight...the second time this week.” Jinsoul swallows as Sooyoung rolls her eyes. “We'll talk later, right now we need to be there for her.” The younger woman follows Sooyoung out to her car, not being able to look at her from the guilt eating at her.

This was her fault, she should have told Sooyoung.

Now her baby might be hurt, “is she okay? Do you know?”

“Yeah, apparently the other kid isn’t though.”

That’s a relief, but it doesn’t help the anxiety welling in Jinsoul’s chest. The car ride over is just as bad. It’s nice to know that Sooyoung doesn’t completely hate her right now. Because her wife had taken off her coat and wrapped her up in it. Jinsoul had it clenched around her right now as she shivered in the passenger seat. Sooyoung had the heat on full blast, and while her wife’s jaw was tight, Jinsoul appreciated the hand on her thigh trying to rub the goosebumps away.

Even though Sooyoung had been super pissed at her, she seemed to be more worried than anything. Jinsoul doesn’t think she’s seen Sooyoung this mad at her since the twin’s birthday party all those years ago before Chaeyoung was born. Swallowing down her nerves she asks her wife, “has Yeji been acting strange towards you?”

Sooyoung side eyes her before grabbing her thigh a bit harder, “not really, but when the bus would come she wouldn’t hug me.” Jinsoul places her hand over the one on her thigh and squeezes, Sooyoung sighs exhausted, “I’m guessing the first fight happened on the bus.” Sooyoung looks at her with her lips in a scowl, Jinsoul nods and Sooyoung shakes her head. “Jesus Jinsoul.”

Her wife’s mouth open and closes, unsure what to say, “what were you thinking? Why didn’t you tell me this . Do you have any idea how bad this could have got?” 

“I thought I could fix it, I’m sorry...I-I don’t know.” Jinsoul doesn’t know why, she just thought it wouldn’t happen again. But apparently it was a bigger problem then she assumed. If Yeji had gotten in another fight it meant it was a recurring issue, not just some situation. She understands why Sooyoung is mad at her, but Jinsoul knows her reasons. If this wasn’t this bad, Sooyoung would have blown it out of proportion.

Sooyoung grumbles and pulls her hand away and Jinsoul instantly misses it, as the goosebumps pop back up from the loss of warmth. Sooyoung switches her hands on the steering wheel leaning her head on the one propped on the door. Jinsoul sulks in her seat, not being able to stand the fact that her wife is mad at her.

How will she fix it this time?

~~~~

Yeji is sitting in the chairs outside the principal's office when she spots both her moms rushing down the hallway. They’re arguing, Yeji hates when they fight. 

They don’t do it often, Yeji can’t really remember the last time they did. But when they do, it makes her upset. 

Sooyoung is on the verge of yelling at Jinsoul, her jaw clenched while the younger woman is almost crying. Sooyoung was so mad, she couldn’t believe her wife had kept this from her, let alone lied to her about it. These were their kids, not just Jinsoul’s. 

But Jinsoul seemed to think she wasn’t capable, “you know how you are Sooyoung, I thought it would just pass. I didn’t know, Sumni only told me it was a little fight.” 

Sooyoung was even more mad at the fact that her children were with her older sister without her permission. She couldn’t blame Jinsoul for that, so she was pissed at her older sister for also keeping this from her. 

“And just how am I Jinsoul? Do you really think I’m that bad of a mother.” 

“No not at all! But you know you’re overprotective and it would have made Yeji more stressed!” Sooyoung rolls her eyes and walks faster. She couldn’t begin to see Jinsoul’s point. Overprotective...yeah right. These were her children and she was supposed to just let them fight their own fights? 

Jinsoul forgets about her wife’s anger and goes to cup her daughter’s face in her hands, “baby are you okay?” Yeji nods and starts to cry as Jinsoul picks her up to hold her. She might be nine and a bit long, but Jinsoul still holds her like she was a tiny newborn. “Was it that boy again?” Yeji sob breaks out into a yes and Sooyoung feels her blood boil and she disappears into the office.

The younger woman shushes her daughter and rubs the back of her head as she cries, “mommy is so sorry I wouldn’t have put you on that bus again if I knew he was gonna keep bullying you.” Jinsoul’s guilt eats her alive. She should have done something more, by going to the school herself and having the problem solved. To get that kid away from her daughter.

“Mommy why are you wet?” Yeji pulls back her eyes puffy. Jinsoul shakes her head adjusting the girl on her hip and turns to see the principal waiting for her at the door. Walking into the office she feels sick to her stomach. Sooyoung is slumped in a chair, arms crossed glaring at the man and his son on the other side of the room.

Jinsoul glances at them and the man narrows his eyes at her. The boy by his side had a black eye and bloody nose, Jinsoul felt a bit prideful that Yeji came out without a scratch. Sitting down in the chair next to Sooyoung, Yeji seems to not mind her wet suit as she buries her face in her damp hair and neck. 

Rubbing soothing circles in her daughters back, her mind fizzles out most of the conversation happening. It’s mostly principal Dahyun explaining the situation. 

“We’re thinking a week suspension would be sufficient enough for a punishment.” Dahyun states.

Two thundering voices go at once, it’s Sooyoung and the man.

“Suspension?!

“Only a week?” Sooyoung glares at the boy’s father. Her nails dig into the wood of the chair. “Surely this punk needs to be in Juvie, I mean look what she did to my son!”

“My daughter is not a punk you ing-.” Jinsoul grabs Sooyoung’s thigh and squeezes. Her wife thankfully listens and only finishes with a groan. 

Jinsoul gives the man a horrible look before softening it for Dahyun, “Surely Missus Kim there’s a less harsh way in doing this. I mean this boy was bullying Yeji, she was only defending herself.”

“Bull that kid of yours-.” Dahyun shushes the man before he starts again. The principal looks sympathetic, but not in power to do anything.

The young principal sighs, “I’m afraid we have no proof of that, however it was clear who swung first in both cases.”

Yeji pulls back then, from crying on her mother’s shoulder, “mommy he called you a * and at lunch kept saying Yuna was a *.” Jinsoul’s eyes widened, that's what this boy has been saying to her? Holding Yeji’s head down back down to her shoulder she glares at the man who laughs mockingly at the crying girl.

“Is this true Namjoon?”

The boy shakes his head no and Sooyoung scoffs, “you can't be serious right. It’s obvious that he’s been doing this .” 

“But he hasn’t, he’s telling the truth.” The man defends, “besides if he did say that, it isn’t like he’s wrong. He’s just telling it how it is. This is just proof that homouals can’t raise children because they end up like the little demons yours are.”

“Mr. Kim that is entirely inappropriate language for this place and for the children…I think it’s only fair that both Namjoon and Yeji are suspended.”

Sooyoung is oddly calm, but Jinsoul wants to kill the man across from her. Dahyun even seems on edge and she was the chillest person alive.

“I’m sorry could you repeat yourself.” Sooyoung says quietly, Dahyun opens but Sooyoung holds a hand up stopping her. “Not you, him.” Sooyoung points at the man. Jinsoul is afraid now. She knows that crazy glare in Sooyoung’s eyes, her wife’s blood must be boiling and the only thing on her mind is how she was gonna stop her from killing this man.

He smiles, “I said my boy was right, because females like you can’t raise kids because they end up ed up just like you are.” It’s like a flash when Sooyoung raises up and Jinsoul can’t stop her, Yeji witnesses it all.

As Jinsoul and Dahyun try to stop Sooyoung, Yeji stands in the corner scared to death. Dahyun places a hand on the woman’s shoulder but she’s pushed off, “GET THE HELL OFF ME YOU MUPPET!” Jinsoul has no idea what to do, as she begs Sooyoung to stop, even though she was thinking of doing this herself, she knows the consequences are gonna be bad.

Sooyoung beats the ever living out of the man and she doesn’t stop until the cops are called. 

Jinsoul is shaking, thankfully both her girls can fight but at what cost. There was talk of them being banned from the school. Sooyoung is scarily quiet even though Jinsoul has tried speaking to her several times. 

The only injury her wife had sustained was bruised knuckles. The man however, his face was battered, but a smile still stretched. This was exactly what he wanted. 

“ing pigs.” It’s the first thing Sooyoung says after the fight. She mumbles the words out as the officer asks the man if he’d like to press charges.

Of course he says yes, he also says he’s suing as well. 

Yuna and Chaeyoung are pulled out of class as well. They may not be able to go to school here anymore. Sooyoung stares straight ahead as Jinsoul tries to bandage them all back together. While Yuna and Chaeyoung are confused as to why their mom won’t let them touch her or why she doesn’t speak back as they blabber, Yeji stares at Sooyoung like she doesn’t even know her. 

Yeji looks scared. She’s scared of Sooyoung and it breaks Jinsoul’s heart.

“Mommy why the police here.” Chaeyoung asks.

Jinsoul shakes her head and kisses the top of her temple, “I don’t know sweetie, they don’t got no reason to be.” 

Dahyun comes out with a frown and Jinsoul hangs her head low as she’s told that neither she nor her child will be allowed on school grounds for a few weeks, an extended suspension. Sooyoung is banned forever. Yuna and Chaeyoung are given free excuses. But Jinsoul doesn’t think she wants them at this school no way. 

As they’re walking out, the cops tell Sooyoung that there will be no charges and it’s written off as a misdemeanor, however the chances of them getting sued are probable.

Not being able to hold it in anymore, Jinsoul shoves her children into the back of the car. She starts to cry, what a horrible day. Turning to her wife she cries harder when Sooyoung rolls her eyes. “Are you serious right now Jinsoul.” 

“Are you?”Jinsoul bites down on her tongue, “Sooyoung we might be sued, me and you both are banned from the school and our daughter is on a three week suspension and that piece of is walking away with nothing and his son is still in school and will be around our girls after all of this is over.” Looking at her girls through the window she presses her hand against it, “you have to protect our girls smarter than that.” 

“Oh so that wasn’t me protecting them.”

“NO THAT WAS YOU BEING CRAZY!” 

The girls inside the car watch as their moms start to fight again. Yeji covers Chaeyoung’s eyes and Yuna hugs the both of them. Tears well up in Yeji’s eyes, this is all her fault wasn’t it.

“None of this would have happened if you told me!” Sooyoung yells, turning her back towards the car.

Jinsoul leans her head to the sky, “oh so you’re blaming me.”

Sooyoung opens to say something but it doesn’t come out. Instead she questions her wife, “I-I don’t know why you’re mad at me I was defending you Jinsoul!”

Huffing out she cradles Sooyoung's face, “I know baby, I understand. I’m not saying you were in the wrong but you got to see my point. It wasn’t worth it. It isn’t going to change anything that you broke his nose! Things could even become worse after this!” 

“Then tell me Jinsoul, what was I supposed to do?!”

Jinsoul whines when Sooyoung pushes her away, “anything but that! We could have gotten discriminatation on him anything! We could have got the girls to switch classes, we could have got that boy to move schools, a restraining order, everything but what you did! Now we have to deal with that man even longer because of your impulse!” Rambling out, Jinsoul groans out of frustration, “ I can’t do this with you!” 

Chaeyoung pouts up, “why ith momma and mommy fighting.”

Yeji stares out the window where her momma is pouting in her mom’s face. Anger seeping out of her, is that what she was like?

Jinsoul is tired. She isn’t doing this with Sooyoung right now, the girls don’t need to see this either and Jinsoul knows they’ll continue to fight through the night. When Sooyoung got angry she got angry, and usually Jinsoul was the one she took it out on. 

“Take me to my sisters.” It’s the only way. Sooyoung needs time to cool off. But when Jinsoul looks up and sees the pure darkness in her wife’s eyes she knows she’s messed up even more.

Sooyoung grits her teeth, “ no.”

But Jinsoul is just as stubborn, “fine I’ll call her.” Jinsoul pulls out her phone but Sooyoung grabs it and chucks the device across the parking lot. “What is wrong with you!”

Sooyoung gets in her face and pushes her up against the car, “you! Why are you alway running when things get bad Jinsoul! You’re not ing leaving me!” 

Pushing Sooyoung away from her she screams out, “GET OFF ME PSYCHO!” Yeji and Yuna give each other a funny look as their moms wrestle around with each other. Sooyoung picks Jinsoul up off the ground and holds her up as Jinsoul kicks around. 

“You gonna stop acting up?!” Sooyoung mumbles into her back. 

Jinsoul is trying to get her wife to release, “put me down Soo-PUT ME THE DOWN!!!” Sooyoung does put her back on her feet and Jinsoul stares at her. Her wife was panting and clenching at her side, “yeah you getting too old for this crazy huh…”

Sooyoung snarls up at her, “ you Jinsoul.” 

Jinsoul stands there for a few seconds but then sprints to go find her phone. Of course Sooyoung chases after her, and she forgets how fast her wife can be and Jinsoul cries when she’s swept back on her feet. Sooyoung is breathing heavily as she sits her back down but her arms stay wrapped tightly around her waist. Sooyoung’s hot breath hits right at her ear, “You’re not going to your sister’s, you’re staying right here with me. You’re dumb if you think I’m gonna let you leave me.”

It reminds Jinsoul when they broke up that one time, but she holds her hand up where her ring shines in the evening light. “You see this diamond, it stays on. But I’m about to shove it up your if you don’t leave me alone.” Sooyoung lets her go but a hand still grabs her by the waist, making sure she doesn't start running again. Jinsoul looks her wife in the eyes, Sooyoung’s scared. “I will never ever leave you. But I need space, the kids need space, it isn’t healthy to be like this. It’s hard on all of us.” 

Sooyoung doesn’t like the plan so she argues, “you don’t need space, we need to go home.”

“No Sooyoung. We’re going to my sisters so you can cool down and then we can talk like the adults we are.” Jinsoul gets stern and goes to retrieve her phone. She tells her sister she’s on her way over and that it’s code red. Her sister replies with a thumbs up. “Please take me.” 

“Fine whatever, be like that I don’t give a .” 

Sooyoung is even more pissed than before as she stomps back to the car. Getting in she slams the car door shut, “seat belts.” The girls don’t listen first so Sooyoung raises her voice. The three of them scramble to put them on as their mom gets in the passenger side.

The older woman starts to drive off. Jinsoul is shivering in her seat and Sooyoung subtly turns on the heat for her. It’s quiet for moments, but then yelling starts when Sooyoung takes the turn back to their home. “I told you to take me to my sisters!”

“NO!”

They quiet their voices realizing that their kids were listening now, “I swear to go if you don’t turn this car around Jung Sooyoung.”

“Or what? You gonna cry about it?” Jinsoul let’s her jaw drop, her wife could be so childish and mean sometimes. “You’re really cute thinking that I’m gonna let you go anywhere but the house.” Sooyoung laughs and reaches over to play with Jinsoul’s ear, which of course her hand is slapped away. Jinsoul can’t believe how crazy her wife is...but she secretly loves it. 

Staring at Sooyoung she knows what will make her turn around. Even though she’s having mixed emotions, kinda just wanting to go home and lay down now. Sooyoung needed to be taught a lesson, one that will make her wife think twice before letting her emotions run her decisions. “You wonder why Yeji is the way she is.” 

Sooyoung’s sinister smirk drops, “damn. That was low.” Jinsoul’s heart is in pain, because she doesn’t mean it. But Sooyoung does take the next turn, she’ll be staying at her sister’s tonight. “You know what, maybe you are right about needing space because I can’t stand to be around you right now.” Whew, that really was a blow. Jinsoul’s lip quivers and she blinks away tears. That hurt like hell. 

Trying not to pout up at her wife she fights it, strongly and surely. “Hope none of them turn out to be as dumb as you.” Jinsoul gasps at Sooyoung’s words and takes her ring off, throwing it at her wife. Oh she was done done. She didn’t want to see Sooyoung for days, her wife has never insulted her like that. 

“ you.” She says as soon as they pull up at Yerim’s. Her sister was on the sidewalk waiting for her. Getting out the car she hears Sooyoung say one last thing.

“Go, I don’t care. Stay here as long as you want I could care less, I don’t need you.” Sooyoung grumbles out and Jinsoul understands that she’s mad, but that doesn’t mean she has to be this cold. Her wife was never this mean. 

Swallowing down her sorrow she replies, “yeah, we’ll see about that. Girls.” Sooyoung watches all of them leave, surprised that none of them hesitated to stay back with her. 

Jinsoul picks up Chaeyoung, already sobbing as she turns her back to the car. Sooyoung speeds off. Not even trying to beg her to stay or come back like she usually does.

Yerim looks at her and smiles. Clearly amused by the drama.

“Whew!”

~~~~

So who was in the wrong? 

I dew love some drama yes I dew. Hopefully to the six people that read this won’t be too mad. I just wanted to shake the table...I was bored. Besides in this I try to make yvesoul’s marriage picture perfect which it is, but there gotta be a few bumps in the road.

Next chapter expect: a new addition to the family. Law and Justice: Jinsoul. Stalking. Lots of fun.