In His Sleep - Part 2

In My Heart ♥️ - A ChanSoo Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s eyes fluttered open, as he became aware of the warmth of sunbeams bouncing off his skin. He groaned soundlessly, as he turned over from his rather cramped, fetal position.

 

What time was it?

 

His vision attempted to appropriate itself, and consciousness befell him...

 

... only to realize he was looking at trees.

 

Chanyeol sat upright in a rush, clutching the leather diary he had been holding on to all night.

 

 

Where the hell was he?

 

Was this hell?

 

Did he die in his sleep?

 

He remembered sleeping on Jongdae’s floor the night before. Had he been snoring too loudly that he used up all of Jongdae's infinite patience and rendered his friend no choice but to carry him outside?

 

Although Jongdae really wouldn't do that, as his skinny friend wouldn't be able to physically lift him.

 

How did he get here, though?

 

Wherever this was.

 

It looked like he was in the middle of a forest, around mid-morning or it could be afternoon. The surrounding area looked strangely familiar, though.

 

Wait.

 

He was up on that hill... that hill in Nanji Park...

 

Chanyeol scrambled up to his feet, when he sensed someone approaching.

 

It was a petite, radiant young woman in a flowing white dress, so luminous it was almost blinding.

 

Chanyeol strained with his eyes to see. Did he know her? His jaw dropped, as the pretty face became more and more recognizable. “J-Jiwonnie?”

 

 

The young woman sweetly smiled, her beautiful eyes twinkling. “Annyeong, oppa.”

 

Chanyeol inhaled sharply and found his feet running, running towards her. “Jiwon! Jiwon-ah!”

 

Jiwon opened up her arms to catch him and Chanyeol hugged her, so, so tightly.

 

“I miss you,” Chanyeol whispered hopelessly. “I miss you so much!”

 

Jiwon gently his back. “That’s why I came...”

 

Chanyeol pulled back from her, trying to take in as much of her beauty as he could. Jiwon... looked so happy, so serene. “You don’t know how long I’ve wished to see you again.” He squeezed her hands—which were cold and warm at the same time. “And you’re here. You’re really here!”

 

Jiwon only gave him a wistful gaze, her lovely smile still on her lips. “I want you to know how proud I am of you, oppa. You’re going to going to live a very long and happy life, I promise.”

 

Chanyeol began shaking his head, whimpering, “Aniya... aniya... Not without you. Jiwon-ah...”

 

“I am with you, oppa,” Jiwon whispered in reassurance, crystal clear tears forming at the brims of her eyes. “My heart... is with him.”

 

Kyungsoo’s name started to echo at the back of Chanyeol’s mind.

 

Jiwon gazed at the journal in Chanyeol's hands. “He has been using the journal well, I see. It has found its way to the right person,” Jiwon assuaged, fondly cupping the side of Chanyeol’s handsome face. “He is the one who’s meant to stay.”

 

“W-Will... will Kyungsoo be... okay?” Was this question a betrayal, asking about... someone he was falling for? When his perfect, ever pristine first love was right in front of him?

 

“You will be okay, Chanyeol oppa,” Jiwon told him in conclusion, smiling at him one more time. “Saranghaeyo.”

 

Chanyeol sighed in relief, as if Jiwon just breathed waves upon waves of comfort and peace he so desperately needed. There were so many things, so many, many things he wanted to say that he had been able to, and now was his chance to let her know. And all he could think about was the three most meaningful words that would convey everything that he had been holding in, and he swore by them with his whole heart: “I love you, too, Jiwon-ah! I LOVE YOU! I always, always will!”

 

 

A tear fell onto Jiwon’s cheek upon hearing this, because she knew it the truth.

 

 

* * *

 

 

Kyungsoo found himself lying face up, staring at the bright, bright sky overhead, with the cool breeze dancing along the strands of his hair and softly caressing his face. He sluggishly sat up, as if rousing from a deep, deep sleep. His muscles and joints ached to the point of excruciation, wondering if this was how being run over by a bulldozer felt like… only he lived to suffer from it.

 

He wobbled upon standing up, his legs forgetting how to function it seemed. He tried to balance himself for a few moments, grasping on to a nearby tree for support.

 

Where was he?

 

What was he doing here?

 

Then he saw a very familiar, tall figure running up the hill, wearing the same hoodie and jeans as…

 

Chanyeol.

 

He was at the hill where Chanyeol had taken him… yesterday?

 

How come it felt like this day hadn't ended yet? Were they still on their date? Wasn’t Chanyeol going to show him the best view of Seoul ever?

 

Kyungsoo was about to call Chanyeol, to ask him to wait up, when he heard the taller one scream: “Jiwon! Jiwon-ah!”

 

Who?

 

Who was Chanyeol running to?

 

Somehow, Kyungsoo knew he had heard of that name before, he just had a hard time placing it in his mind, which was getting incredible fuzzy.

 

Was it because of the elevation?

 

Kyungsoo found himself out of breath, even if he had remained standing by the tree and not having moved at all. He helplessly watched Chanyeol wrap a very beautiful young woman in his arms, so, so tightly, as if he didn’t want to let go.

 

 

Kyungsoo’s legs gave way, body sagging down on the downy grass, as every ounce of the little strength he had became drained out of him at once.

 

Who was she?

 

He couldn’t hear what they were talking about very clearly, but he was certain that was Chanyeol.

 

His heart was telling him that it was indeed Chanyeol.

 

He was holding on to Jiwon as if he didn’t want to let go.

 

Please let this be a dream…

 

It had to be a dream.

 

Because Chanyeol said... he liked him...

 

They had even kissed!

 

Or was all of that a lie?

 

“I love you, too, Jiwon-ah! I LOVE YOU! I always, always will!”

 

Kyungsoo’s world shattered at those impassioned words that weren’t directed to him, the words that weren’t meant to be said to him in the first place.

 

CHANYEOL. DIDN’T. LOVE. HIM.

 

Suddenly, he couldn’t breathe. His chest began to tighten and tighten... until his lungs felt like they were restricting the passage of oxygen...

 

 

He clutched at his left pectoral as the physical agony had become too much to bear.

 

He dazedly gazed at the image of Chanyeol and the girl Jiwon locked in each other’s arms, an indisputable manifestation of a man and a woman in love, who belonged together, as his heart began to slow down... until the beating had come to a halt.

 

His heart... wanted to die.

 

He couldn’t bear to watch anymore.

 

Kyungsoo turned sharply for the other direction, with no aim as to where he was going. He just found himself running, running away, tears streaming down his cheeks.

 

Just then, from somewhere far away, a hollow, yet recognizable voice was calling for him.

 

“KYUNGSOO-YAH! KYUNGSOO-YAH!!!”

 

The sense of urgency forced Kyungsoo to run even faster. Someone... needed him, and so he must respond to the call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter