Blissful Week

In My Heart ♥️ - A ChanSoo Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jajangmyeon was the menu that 4th Saturday. Despite having stayed up late performing with the band the night before, Kyungsoo was at the soup kitchen earlier than 7 a.m., already preparing ingredients and helping out the more senior cooking volunteers.

 

When Chanyeol and Lee hojangnim arrived, they were greeted by the hardworking staff. To celebrate a month of such a successful feeding program, mother and son had brought their crew of 20 people coffee and pastries to tide them through.

 

“Kamsa-hamnida,” Kyungsoo thanked Chanyeol, as the taller one handed him a cup. He didn’t drink coffee, but he felt that it was rude to refuse. Maybe he would give it to Youngjin ahjussi later.

 

Chanyeol nodded, putting on his apron, to help out with chopping ginger, zucchini and cabbages. Minutes later, he did notice Kyungsoo’s drink was still untouched. “Not thirsty?” he commented casually.

 

Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly. “Uh... I can’t... I mean, I don’t... drink coffee.”

 

Not that his doctors had forbidden him from drinking coffee, but since he’d had heart problems from a young age, he never tasted coffee in its liquid form. He didn’t want to have any palpitations or any erratic physical reactions from it, if he started drinking now.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s not coffee,” Chanyeol assured, as he turned the cup sleeve, which surprisingly had the name KYUNGSOO written on it. “It’s peppermint hot chocolate.”

 

The taller one opened the cup for him. There was hardly any steam coming out of it now, since it had been neglected for nearly half an hour. “Well, it’s peppermint chocolate, anyway.” He said with a laugh, handing it to him again. “I just remembered that you like mint chocolate, as your Omma told me you requested that flavor for your birthday cake.”

 

 

Kyungsoo’s squishy cheeks turned crimson. Chanyeol remembered that? And he even ordered hot chocolate separately, just for him? “K-Kamsa-hamnida,” he replied in half-relief, half-appreciation. He took a sip, and the sweet, minty flavor warmed his spirits. It was still lukewarm, which was just the right temperature for him to drink. “It’s really good. Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome,” Chanyeol murmured, looking pleased as Kyungsoo then happily sipped the cup until it was consumed in less than 5 minutes. He continued to have a fond smile on his face as he diligently cut the zucchini into cubes. Not as nice as the way Kyungsoo did his, but Chanyeol handled his slicing with care just the same.

 

After Kyungsoo got his turn to cooking the noodles and the black bean paste, he and Chanyeol put together a bowl and the taller one was able to get a taste.

 

“Can I have this bowl right now?” Chanyeol chided, and Kyungsoo had to laugh as the entire staff were able to make more servings than they usually prepared.

 

Kyungsoo let him have his lunch, while they started to serve the visitors in the dining area.

 

 

Chanyeol wolfed down 2 more mouthfuls before following the rest of the crew outside, couldn’t help thinking how fantastic Kyungsoo’s cooking was.

 

Kyungsoo would do so well in culinary school, and it seemed that the smaller one was excited to start next month.

 

The day ended quickly, much quicker than he thought, as he, Kyungsoo and the rest of the kitchen crew went out and served nearly 300 people, who praised and complimented the hearty noodles. Lee hojangnim was delighted that they were able to continually serve the homeless delicious and healthy food through their soup kitchen and that they were given positive feedback as well.

 

Chanyeol was putting on his jacket when Kyungsoo reached for his backpack and handed him a piece of folded paper.

 

The taller one looked at him curiously as he opened it, and found that it was the English translation of ‘The Promise’.

 

“I’ve finally finished it. Hopefully the translation is correct,” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

And Chanyeol was seeing that adorable heart shape again from his lips. “Oh, wow! Gomawo!” He squeezed Kyungsoo’s hand in gratitude. If there weren’t in a room full of volunteers, he would’ve given him a hug. “S-So... would you be able to record it with me?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded, his smile broadening into a grin. “Sure. Monday?”

 

Chanyeol grinned back, ecstatic at the thought of spending time again with Kyungsoo. “Yes, Monday! I’m free all week.”

 

And it took them roughly 5 days to finish recording the English version of ‘The Promise’, a blissful and pleasant week indeed. Kyungsoo thought the raw recording was already good enough. Chanyeol played the remixed Korean version, the one that they recorded the week before, and it sounded even better. Kyungsoo was just in awe with Chanyeol’s abilities to arrange and compose music in his home studio alone. Aside from the chairwoman’s son’s impressive equipment, Park Chanyeol was one truly exceptional musician. A bonus was that he could sing, rap and play multiple instruments, too.

 

 

“I sent over the demo of the Korean version to the other members of my rap group in L.A., and they only have positive things to say,” Chanyeol admitted, watching Kyungsoo’s reaction.

 

“Ah, jinjja?” The smaller one had to chuckle, fidgeting with his hands. “Well, it’s a beautiful song overall. Anybody who listens to it would fall in love with it.”

 

Chanyeol was shaking his head. “They’re very impressed with your voice. In fact, they’re so impressed, they want to meet you.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Is that okay?” Chanyeol gauged as the smaller one turned a little pale. “I’m asking you, because they’re online now.” He checked the time in his watch. It was about 9:30 in the evening in L.A. Thursday, while it was 1:30 in the afternoon in Seoul, Friday.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip. “Um... okay.”

 

Chanyeol’s face broke into a wide smile, couldn’t wait to show off Kyungsoo to them. “All right. Don’t worry, they’re really nice. I promise!”

 

Then he first called Sehun, who responded to the video chat at once, waving at Chanyeol immediately. “What’s up, hyung?”

 

“Hey, Sehunnie! Let me just call Tao and Kris hyung, okay?”

 

“Yup,” the younger one grinned at the screen until 2 other faces popped up on Chanyeol’s massive monitor.

 

Kyungsoo’s palms grew cold. Even if the other members were just chatting with them online, he could already tell they were really tall. He could just imagine Chanyeol standing next to them. They all looked like they were over 6 feet in height.

 

 

“Annyeong!” Tao greeted in Korean, although he had a slight accent. Kyungsoo recalled that two members were Chinese.

 

“Hi, Yeol!” drawled a blond member in English. “Kris here. Ooh... is that Kyungsoo? Hi! Nice to meet you! Tao, Sehun and I have been listening to The Promise nonstop, and your vocals are...” Kris put up two thumbs up enthusiastically. “Just superb!”

 

“Agreed!” Sehun chimed in.

 

“So how did you meet him, Yeol?” Tao asked, smiling.

 

“We’re volunteering at my mom’s soup kitchen. We just hit off after a week or so. We’ve just finished the English version, if you’re up to hearing it.”

 

“Yeah, definitely. Hey, maybe Kyungsoo could come to L.A. and join Two Moons,” Kris suggested, with the two younger ones nodding in consent.


“Two Moons?” Kyungsoo echoed.

 

“Oh, that’s the name of our rap group,” Chanyeol answered, laughing. “It was the title of the first rap song we ever wrote together.”

 

“And when we performed it on stage for a frat party, the MC thought that was the name of our group and then it kinda stuck,” Sehun informed, his eyes turning into crescents.

 

“Even though we’re four members,” Tao chided. “Anyway, we’ve become known as Two Moons around campus and in the rap circuit here. And it helped that we’re all somewhat the same height.”

 

“I’m the tallest, though,” Kris injected, grinning mischievously.

 

“That’s why he’s the leader,” Chanyeol butted in, smiling at Kyungsoo.

 

“We can make Kyungsoo an honorary member,” Kris proposed. “What do you say, guys?”

 

“Yeah, definitely! He’s one of the best singers I’ve ever heard, in recording at least,” Tao complimented good-naturedly.

 

“Do you mind singing a little for us, Kyungsoo hyung?” Sehun asked, a bit shyly. “Is it okay if I call you hyung? Chanyeol hyung told me you’re the same age as him.”

 

“Uh... de...” Kyungsoo answered shyly back. Then he whispered to Chanyeol, “What do I sing?”

 

“Do you know this one?” Chanyeol grabbed his guitar, and started strumming the chords to a Justin Bieber song.

 

 

“I’ll just do the chorus part, okay?” Kyungsoo said softly, his throat going dry. He tried not to meet anyone’s gaze, as if Chanyeol’s friends were all in the room, and the taller one quickly played the chorus of the song:

 

 

Could it be a possibility

I'm trying to say what's up

'Cause I'm made for you, and you for me

Baby, now it's time for us

Tryna keep it all together

But enough is enough

They say we're too young for love

But I'm catching feelings

 

 

“Whoa! You have good English pronunciation,” Kris enthused, clapping his hands.

 

“He does,” Chanyeol said proudly, setting his guitar aside while poor Kyungsoo breathlessly thanked his online audience and shrunk back in his seat. “Anyway, we just finished the English version of The Promise, and I’ll send it over to you guys soon, after I finish processing it, although the raw file is already top notch!” And he was pointing at Kyungsoo as if to indicate that it was all his doing.

 

“I’ll bet!” Kris exclaimed. “So I guess we’ll see you back in L.A. soon, Yeol?”

 

Chanyeol grimaced. He was afraid Kris, especially, would assume that. “I... I don’t know, hyung... I’ll... I’ll let you know.”

 

“We miss you!” Sehun whined and Tao seconded that.

 

Chanyeol could feel Kyungsoo’s eyes on him. “Stop it, we chat and text all the time.”

 

“But it’s just not the same!” Tao

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter