Parallel

In My Heart ♥️ - A ChanSoo Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“To find that once in a lifetime,” Kyungsoo sang powerfully, “this is it, I’ll never be the same...”

 

“You’ll never know how it’s taken me to say these words,” Jongdae accompanied evocatively, much to the audience’s delight. “And now that I say them, they can never be enough...”

 

“As far as I can see, there’s only you and only me...” Kyungsoo crooned softly, his eyes wandering over to Chanyeol, who was already looking at him whilst playing the piano. “This is the last time I’ll fall... in love.”

 

“The last time I’ll fall in love,” Jongdae’s falsetto entreated, even softer.

 

“The last time I’ll fall in love,” the friends sang together in absolutely flawless harmony, which earned them a resounding round of applause from the adoring crowd on the fully packed bar and restaurant where the band played that Valentine’s night. Seungsoo, and Mr. and Mrs. Do were on one of the tables at the front and were clapping the loudest.

 

 

“You like that, don’t you?” Jongdae asked the audience, a full, satisfied smile on his face. “Should we ask our extremely talented friends, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, to come back next time and perform with us again?”

 

The vigorous and enthusiastic cheers only made Kyungsoo laugh in embarrassment, turning away from the mic slightly. He met Chanyeol’s eyes, who only shrugged, as if to say, “I’m game if you are.”

 

“So before we wrap this night up,” Jongdae began, moving over to the side to where Chanyeol sat by the piano, and the spotlight was now directed at them, “I’ll have you know that this handsome pianist is also an exceptional rap artist.”

 

Chanyeol had to chuckle, as a deep blush flooded his cheeks. They had already rehearsed this but Jongdae was simply making adlibs on how to introduce the next song, and he was doing such a smooth job about it.

 

“HECK, YEAH!” A female shouted from the right side of the venue. “THAT’S MY DONGSEANG!”

 

Chanyeol covered his face with both hands, laughing even more. So his noona made it after all. He didn’t see her at the beginning of the show.

 

 

“HWAITING, CHANYEOL-RAH!” came a male voice, which Chanyeol recognized to be Junmyeon, whom Chanyeol did remember inviting last weekend, after Yoora noona did.

 

That also spurred other people to cheer for him too, especially when Chanyeol stood up, now towering over Jongdae, who handed him the microphone.

 

“I would need a little help, though,” Chanyeol said, as Eunwoo and Kangjoon waited for their signal. “Kyungsoo-yah?”

 

Seungsoo couldn’t sit still in glee as he prepared his phone to capture his younger brother’s next performance. Kyungsoo smiled at Chanyeol nervously as he stood next to him.

 

“Ready?” Chanyeol whispered, as Eunwoo played the MR track of “Guilty” by Dynamic Duo.


“Ready as I’ll ever be,” Kyungsoo replied, smiling up at him. He was actually now starting to have fun, despite his initial stage fright, but singing with his friends made him a hundred times comfortable and it was such a bonus that the audience seemed to be enjoying their performance too.
 


Chanyeol smiled back at that adorable heart-shaped smile, vaguely minding the deafening applause surrounding them, as Kyungsoo started to adlib with his R&B runs.

 

The crowd went wild when the tall pianist was suddenly doing some badass, rapid-fire rapping with his lower, raspy register, yet with very clear enunciation.


Chanyeol:

Yeah, naega jarhalkkeran mal ije dubeon dasi anhalkke
(Yeah, I don’t ever want to say “I will be good” ever again)

 

Kyungsoo:

Imal anhallae
(I don’t want to say it)


Chanyeol:

Nareul saranghaeran mal ije dubeon dasi anhalkke
(I won’t say “I love you” ever again)


Kyungsoo:

Naega jarhalkke
(I will be good)


Chanyeol:

Naega jarhalkkeran mal ije dubeon dasi anhalkke
(Yeah, I don’t ever want to say “I will be good” ever again)


Kyungsoo:

Imal anhallae
(I don’t want to say it)


Chanyeol:

Geudongan chamawatdeon ibyeoreul oneureun naega marhallae
(All the time I held back words of separation, I will say it now)


Kyungsoo:

I don’t wanna say no more
 

                                        Together:
Naega jugil nomiji mwo uriga eogeunnal ttae myeon
(I’m the guilty one—whenever our opinions differ)

Jeonbu nae tashiji mwo machi jwehinin geotcheoreom
(It’s my fault, as if I’m a criminal)

Nan hankeoreum mulleoseoseo amu maldo anhae
(I take a step back and don’t say anything)

Wahnbyeokhan neohante nan hangsang bujokhan saraminkeol
(To you, who’s perfect, I’m always the person who’s lacking).



Kyungsoo had to give off a laugh as his voice trailed off and the track faded, after the audience gave them nonstop cheers and applause. He felt Chanyeol reach for this hand, and they bowed together.
 


Chanyeol put his free arm around him and pulled him close in a hug. “Jaemiseo?” (Isn’t it fun?)

 

 


Kyungsoo was too happy and exhilarated in this moment to overthink whether this gesture meant something more than it merely was. “Jaemiseo,” he agreed, fondly patting the taller one on the back.


“We really should do this again, Kyungsoo-yah,” Chanyeol told him as he pulled back.
 


He stared up at Chanyeol in awe. The chairwoman’s bright and almond-shaped sparkling eyes seemed to look deep into his soul. He wished Chanyeol would also remember this night fondly as he undoubtedly would. He was about to tell him that he’d never had so much fun in his life, when all the band members gathered on stage for the closing of their second and final set.


Eunwoo, Kangjoon, Jongdae, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were all arranged in a line and they had to take their bows, individually and as a band. It was one unforgettable night, indeed.
 

 

As the applause dwindled down and there were a few requests for photos from some noonas (who went with their boyfriends), the boys were all congratulated for putting together such a wonderful, Valentine show. Kangjoon and Eunwoo politely excused themselves so they could join their girlfriends, who came to support the band as well. Jongdae was off-duty today and was able to say hello to Yoora noona and Junmyeon as well.

 

Kyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter