Perfect Moment

In My Heart ♥️ - A ChanSoo Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol woke up at the single beep from his messaging app the next day, blindly reaching for his phone on his bedside table.

 

He squinted at the screen with one eye, as he saw that the message was from Jongdae.

 

“I’m having a baby girl.”

 

Chanyeol was startled into wakefulness and immediately gave his friend a call.

 

He was only answered with Jongdae’s playful giggle. “Gotcha!”

 

Chanyeol groaned, massaging his temple as he realized migraine hitting him. “ it, Jongdae-yah! Don’t joke about stuff like that!”

 

“Mianhae...” Jongdae only apologized. “I messaged it to a bunch of friends, and you’re the only one who didn’t find it funny. Even Kyungsoo thought it was hilarious.”

 

Chanyeol stilled, suddenly curious. “Oh, you talked to Kyungsoo?”

 

“Yeah, I messaged him the schedule of the practice sessions and he gladly agreed. We have rehearsals from today to Thursday at 5 to 7 p.m., and then Friday is performance night. Are you game?”

 

“Sure, I’ll be happy, too.” He got out of bed and stubbed his toe on his bedpost. “Goddamnit!”

 

“Did you just wake up?” Jongdae asked ridiculously. “It’s almost 11 a.m., dude!”

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and scowled.

 

“Anyway, I have to attend class. See you later?”

 

“Yup, see you,” Chanyeol replied, still yawning. He didn’t know what time he had fallen asleep, having such a headache after visiting Jiwon at the cemetery with his noona. He hadn’t cried that much in a long time, but he knew it helped ease something inside of him, though it did not completely make it disappear.

 

When he and Yoora got home, Chanyeol found himself listening to the recordings of The Promise, with Kyungsoo singing. He had wondered when they could resume recording the demo again, but since he would be seeing Kyungsoo later, he figured he could ask him by then.

 

Why not ask him now?

 

Chanyeol went over to his messaging app and found that Kyungsoo was online.

 

Annyeong, Kyungsoo-yah.

So you’ll go to rehearsals later?

 

He didn’t realize he had been staring at the screen for a full minute when the message remained unseen.

 

Why was he waiting for a response, though? They would see each other in a few hours.

 

He put his phone down and went to the bathroom. When he had somewhat freshened up and became slightly more awake, he noticed he had a few notifications on his phone.

 

And 3 new messages from Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol immediately grabbed his smart phone and went directly to the app, not realizing the big smile blooming on his face as he did so.

 

Annyeong, Chanyeolrah.

Yes, I’ll see you later.

I’m nervous, though.

 

Why would you be nervous? Chanyeol replied, shaking his head.

 

I haven’t sung in a long time.

At least, not in public.

 

You’ll be just fine, Chanyeol assured, getting that giddy feeling again of witnessing Kyungsoo sing and with Jongdae as well. Don’t worry about it.

 

I’ll talk to you later.

I’ll just help my omma cook some lunch, okay?

We’re having kimchi spaghetti.

 

Oh, wow! I remember eating that on your birthday.

I’ve never had kimchi spaghetti that good before.

 

Would you like me to bring you some later?

I could make some for Jongdae and his bandmates too.

 

Jinjja? That would great!

 

But then there wasn’t any more messages from Kyungsoo, that Chanyeol figured he was already busy in the kitchen.

 

Afternoon came quickly, and Chanyeol found himself parked at the back of the bar where Jongdae had sung a couple of nights ago. He was about 10 minutes late, so he hurried up and went into the stage area where Jongdae was already belting out to “Best Luck” by EXO’s Chen.

 

Kangjoon and Eunwoo smiled and greeted Chanyeol as he came in. Kyungsoo’s back was on him, though, watching Jongdae as if rapt in attention.

 

 

“Every day I’m so lucky sumgyeowassdeon,” Jongdae smoothly crooned, “nae mam-eul gobaeghallae, neoleul saranghae.”

 

Jongdae’s full grin unfolded at the sight of his tall friend. “Chanyeol-rah! Good that you’re here. We’re thinking of doing love songs since we’re performing on Valentine’s Day. Bogummie is not here, so we’ll need you to play the piano.”

 

Kangjoon immediately showed Chanyeol the piano chords from his tablet. “Eunwoo and I can play the keyboards, but we’re not as good as Bogummie. Jongdae-yah said that you are even better than our leader so...”

 

Chanyeol cringed and looked over at Jongdae warily. “No pressure, huh?”

 

Kyungsoo was smiling at him in encouragement, that Chanyeol was beginning to see a heart again, instantly lifting his spirits. Chanyeol only smiled back and climbed on stage with them when he noticed that it was an English song.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah will take a lead in this one, so I can have a break at least,” Jongdae informed with caused a cute laugh out of Kyungsoo, which made Chanyeol look up to catch that heart-shaped smile again.

 

“Araseo,” Chanyeol began to tickle the ivory as Kyungsoo began the song, very sultry, just like an old soul.

 

 

Chanyeol found himself quite soothed and comforted by his singing, and marveled at the way Kyungsoo’s velvety voice rose to make him timber strong.

 

Jongdae, having the higher range between them, was soft and subtle in his approach as they harmonized, since Kyungsoo was singing lead. Their friend was careful not to overshadow Kyungsoo, and that combination worked out perfectly.

 

 

And by the end of it, Chanyeol, Kangjoon and Eunwoo were all clapping and whistling, with Kyungsoo only shaking his head in embarrassment and turning the page of the lyrics sheet, moving on to the next song, which was “Through The Night” by IU. Jongdae took over and Kangjoon and Eunwoo accompanied them with guitar and drums, Chanyeol on the piano and Kyungsoo as backup vocals.

 

They finished the two-hour rehearsals being friendly with Kangjoon and Eunwoo and all of them enjoying the kimchi spaghetti Kyungsoo had brought, courtesy of his mother.

 

“Oh my God,” Jongdae enthused. “This is possibly the best pasta I’ve ever had.”

 

Kangjoon and Eunwoo also agreed, thanking Kyungsoo for such a hearty meal.

 

Afterwards, Jongdae had to work as a waiter in the same bar, so they had to finish up th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter