Chapter One

Can I Stay?

Divorce

Donghae staring blankly to the paper he has read for no one knows how many times that night. His face becomes pale and a sobs coming out again from his mouth. He laid his body while keep looking at the paper. Making sure he is not wrong, eventhough he hopes he is. But no. That paper is an official letter from court.

Lee Hyukjae –his husband, at least he can still call him like that for now– wants to divorce.

Donghae sobs once again when he remembered clearly how both of them ended up in this situation. He knows Hyukjae was mad at that time but never predicted the man will be this serious and even propose a divorce to end their marriage.

Their quarell was happened about three weeks ago.

Hyukjae was having many works. His husband is a director for concert and many artists had worked with him and most of them satisfied with the result so Lee Hyukjae becomes one of the most favorite and famous director that entertainment industry known.

Hyukjae was handling four girlgroups and five boygroups at that time with the concert time almost close to each other and he has a lot of schedules to meeting each of them. Donghae couldn’t blame him for always going home late and going out early in the morning or sometimes he has to go overseas to control the stage and all the things about their performance. But as a good husband he is, he kept telling his husband to take a rest and remembered to eat.

They had small arguments which growing to such a big problems since three months ago but they would made up after that. Donghae didn’t blame it was all Hyukjae’s mistake. There were times he also made mistakes.

But then, these were times when occasionally Donghae really wants a cuddle and kiss from his husband so he told Hyukjae that he wanted a kiss and a little bit protested because the man was so busy nowadays and they can’t have quality time as husbands. Little did he knew, Hyukjae fired up due of his words so they debated that morning.

Donghae didn’t know his suppose to be little protest –he said it in a low voice though– would become big problem. Hyukjae’s face turned red –which was a sign his husband was really mad– and his jaw clenched. Hyukjae never been like this before.

Eventually, Donghae said sorry because he didn’t want Hyukjae to become more angry and they made up, not really made up though since Hyukjae just shrugged it off and they became awkward after that.

Since Hyukjae receiving a tons of work,  they didn’t talk too much and mostly just greet each other in the morning or night. Hyukjae will immediately reach for his laptop and doing his work again everytime he arrived home, ignoring Donghae.

Donghae wanted to share this to his best friend –Ryeowook– as he knew his best friend would gave best solution but he decided not to because Hyukjae’s word –from every of their quarell– haunted him.

“You’re too childish, Donghae!”

And he thought by bringing his problem to Ryeowook was one of the childish act that he shouldn’t do. He kept quiet, holding his worried and feeling sad alone.

They stayed in that awkward relationship for quite a long time but one night they succeed to making up and so they made love that night –which been a long time since the last time they did and no words could describe how happy Donghae was to sleep in Hyukjae’s arms that night.

Then, this quarell happened again about a week ago. One night –3 AM to be sure– Donghae woke Hyukjae up. He knew he shouldn’t because his husband was too tired and just got home not more than half an hour ago and immediately changed his clothes and went to bed. Hyukjae was so deep in his sleep when suddenly he could feel someone was shaking his body and he groaned knowing who did it.

When he opened his eyes, he could see Donghae with his hopeful gaze and lazily asked, “What do you want?” While trying not to kicked his husband because all he wanted was having a good sleep for five damn hours before he has to wake and work again. He hasn’t had a good sleep and now his husband disturbed him.

Donghae bitten his bottom lip before muttered, “I-I suddenly want to eat the scrambled egg you make, Hyuk.” He drew a smile which showed his teeth –Hyukjae said he was cute– but that smile not lasted long because Hyukjae sat abruptly with unhappy face which made Donghae’s heart beating so fast.

“What did you said?” Hyukjae asked with a stern voice and his expression showed nothing but wanted to throw everything beside him.

“I-I w-want to e-eat the s-scrambled egg y-you make, H-hyuk. C-could you—“

“ARE YOU ING CRAZY, LEE DONGHAE?!”

Donghae widened his eyes when suddenly Hyukjae yelled and stood. He threw their blanket and Donghae stepped back when he saw Hyukjae’s eyes intimidated him. He gulped. Hyukjae always been so calm –that was what he saw from their two years of marriage and only once he looked at Hyukjae’s face became red– but tonight was like a nightmare no one asked for. He saw how Hyukjae’s face turned red and how his glaze was showed nothing but ready to burn something.

“H-Hyuk—“

Hyukjae walked to their cupboard and taking one of his luggage. Donghae gasped when he saw Hyukjae placed his clothes to the luggage and quickly approached the man.

“H-hyukjae! What are you doing?!” He panicked.

“I better sleep in my peaceful apartment than sleep next to you! You’re crazy, Donghae!” Hyukjae closed his luggage and going out of their room while dragging his luggage.

Donghae held his arm, trying his best to make his husband stay. “No, Hyukjae! You have to sleep here! This is our house!” But what he got was a harsh push and a mocking smirk. Donghae’s eyes watery because his back was hurt –he was bumped to the desk behind him– but Hyukjae didn’t show he wanted to help him.

That was a nightmare. He never wished they would have a big quarell due of his request. He never wished Hyukjae would stepped out from their house. But above of all, he never wished,

“W-why you suddenly become like this… Hyuk?”

Hyukjae stared at him and looked at him from head to toes as asked him if he was crazy. He slammed his trunk and stepped close to Donghae. “I’m not if you can know what you should or shouldn’t do, Donghae! You know you’re so ing childish?!”

Donghae’s eyes watery with unshed tears. “I j-just a-asked you to make a scram-scrambled egg. I-if you d-don’t want to make it, it-it’s okay Hyukjae.”

He was about to touch Hyukjae’s arm when the guy shifted his body and with a stern voice he said, “Don’t you dare to do something to me. I’m going to my apartment.”

And with that, Hyukjae went to his car and drove out of their house. Leaving Donghae who cried his lung out.

Hyukjae didn’t know that Donghae felt unwell and couldn’t eat properly for days.

 

.

.

.

 

Donghae tried to call Hyukjae the next day but his husband never picked up and sometimes even rejected. He sent messages to his husband but no replied from him. He went to Hyukjae’s apartment but his husband never opened the door –he ever waited for two hours, from 3 AM until  5 AM– but Hyukjae didn’t open the door. Donghae didn’t know if his husband was really not in his apartment or purposedly made him wait that long.

And when he typed the password, he found Hyukjae has changed his password.

Donghae never stopped to call or messaging his husband but once again, he got nothing. Everyone can see he is so stress because he has these swollen eyes for God knows how long, pale face, and unspirit gaze. Everyone literally recognized the change. Ryeowook keeps asking him what happened, his mom keeps calling him asking if he is sick, and his mother and father in law even keep coming to check on his condition. The last time he knew –from his in laws– Hyukjae is in Japan now because one of the boygroup from Japan asking him to directing their upcoming concert.

No one knows they live separated for two weeks because his sister-in-law even still teasing him that Hyukjae should be prepared honeymoon for them after this since this is one of the big project and the boygroup is one of the most well-known. He was smiling and hoped it would be true but not after today.

Not after he received that letter.

Donghae remembered he has to go to meeting one of his client to discuss their house design. Donghae is an architecture.

He is about to sit when suddenly that feeling is back. It has been two weeks and he doesn’t know why he has this sickness. Throw-up and feel dizzy every now and then.

At least, he can control his condition until the meeting ended and he drives to Ryeowook’s house after that because his best friend invited him to his apartment. They are eating together –Donghae actually didn’t want to eat but Ryeowook forced him– and when he stood up to wash the dishes, he fell down and the last thing he knew was the scream of his best friend before all turned black.

 

Donghae opened his eyes and see all the ceiling is covered with white. He knows this smell and when he turned his eyes, he could see Ryeowook’s face. His expression is unreadable.

“H-he—“

“Why you don’t tell me this?” Ryeowook looked straight to his eyes and ignored how wide Donghae’s eyes when he saw the letter in his hand.

“Ryeo—“

“What happened to both of you? How come it be like this, Donghae?” Ryeowook caressed his arm, urging him to calm and giving courage to speak about his problem. His eyes began to stare worrily to his best friend. It finally knocks his sense of how his best friend condition now.

It finally hit Donghae too.

He can’t endure it anymore and cried while telling Ryeowook what happened to his marriage life and how Hyukjae left him and ignored his calls and messages. He sobbed when Ryeowook did nothing but hugged him and whispering that he didn’t do anything wrong. Ryeowook his back, hoping it will make his best friend feels better.

The nurse knocked the room all of the sudden, making them let each other back to normal way when the nurse comes in with a doctor.

Both of the nurse and doctor smile widely and when the doctor said it out, Donghae feels like he wanted to cry more. All he heard was just, “Congratulation, Mr Lee Donghae. You’re pregnant, twin and five weeks old.”

Ryeowook and Donghae didn’t know how to react. They want to be happy but they just can’t. Ryeowook was the first who can act normal and listened to the doctor explanation about what vitamins, food, and sports that good for Donghae meanwhile the main subject was spacing out.

 

.

.

.

 

Donghae lowered his head while looking at certain number in his phone. He feels his eyes teary again and suddenly crying becomes one of his hobby.

Ryeowook has said he should tell Hyukjae and their family about his pregnancy. It was a good news after all but Donghae can’t bring himself to annoy Hyukjae more. His husband wants to end their marriage, so what is the use of telling him he is pregnant?

Hyukjae must be really enjoy his time now. Sure because he is far from Donghae who is very annoying and can’t understand him well.

Yeah, Donghae realized that all of this problem is not just Hyukjae’s fault. He felt even worse when he saw one of the staffs –he doesn’t want to know more about what position that staff is– of the boygroup Hyukjae is directing now in Japan, uploading a picture with just he and Hyukjae. With Hyukjae crossing his arm on his shoulder and wide smile is enough for Donghae to feel down.

How come Hyukjae looking so happy when here he is, feeling so down and looking so horrible?

How come Hyukjae can still work when here he is, alone and feeling stress?

And worst of all, how come he –Lee Donghae– still deeply madly in love with Lee Hyukjae even after all his husband did and does to him? Even after his husband sent the divorce letter for him to sign? Even after his husband looking so fine and happy?

Now that he is looking to the guy who stood beside his husband and smiled widely too, he knows one more reason why Hyukjae must be enjoyed his day without him. Of course, the guy is more charming, cuter, and talented than Donghae.

Donghae found out the guy loves to cook and a very talented dancer –he saw the guy’s posts–which two things Donghae can’t do but Hyukjae can. Hyukjae and that guy are matched.

Who knows that maybe that guy is one of the reason Hyukjae sent him the divorce letter?

But even with that assumption, Donghae still blame himself for all this matter.

.

I hope you guys enjoy this and I'm sorry if many grammatical errors. I hope you will like it^^ have a nice day! ^^ Thank you! ^^