chapter 5 | on the boulevard of broken dreams

Melon Pan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chanyeol opened his eyes with the early morning lights and smiled seeing Baekhyun’s petite body lying semi between his arms. His lips formed a small pout, he didn’t want this moment to pass. Baekhyun seemed really beautiful in his arms, his milky white skin shined through the sun lights under the blankets and Chanyeol felt his heart skipping a beat. 

  Mumbling some incoherent things, Baekhyun opened his eyes slowly blinking a few times. Chanyeol smiled as their eyes met and the smaller returned the smile.

“Good morning.” Baekhyun stretched in Chanyeol’s arms and hugged the taller tighter. “Did you sleep well?”

“Mhm, I slept like a baby.” Chanyeol mumbled while slightly straightening up on his elbow, eyes still watching Baekhyun.

“Me too. Yesterday was so nice, thank you.” Baekhyun sat up and looked at Chanyeol with still sleepy eyes, a smile playing up on his lips.

“It was.. No need to thank me though. Where is aunty Seohee?” Chanyeol looked around a little shy as he covered his upper body with the blanket.

“She ran away I guess, I am sure she won’t be back until you leave.” Baekhyun wiggled his brows with a playful grin on his lips. 

“I am glad she did. Or else it would be like having.. having in front of your grandma and- it’s gross.” Chanyeol laughed looking at Baekhyun’s face. “I am sorry, I should go open the bakery. It’s 8 am.”

“It’s so early though- Can’t you stay more?” Baekhyun pouted his lips and it was so hard to resist for Chanyeol.

“I am going to need some time to bake before opening. I am sorry.” Chanyeol leaned in and placed a small kiss on Baekhyun’s pouted lips. “I am sure you should get ready too, you said you have a shooting tonight.”

“You are right.” Baekhyun sighed and his body fell back on the soft bed again, pulling Chanyeol with him. The tall guy didn’t fight as he let Baekhyun hold him for a while as they lied there in silence. Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun’s lips curled into a small smile and he kept watching the empty ceiling while holding onto Chanyeol. It’s been a while since the last time he woke up and felt truly happy. He could get used to this feeling, he could get used to having a steady life and just settle down. Even though he didn’t want to show he needed a steady life like this, Baekhyun secretly wished his misery to end. He seemed happy outside, he acted as if he didn’t care about anything as he pushed his friends away one by one. He tried to convince himself that he was better alone than being a weight in people’s shoulders. However, recently he started feeling heavy and realized he really needed someone to carry his weight on their shoulders because Baekhyun’s legs couldn’t take it no more.

“Thank you.” Baekhyun mumbled while hiding his face behind Chanyeol’s well built body. “I didn’t know I needed this before you came..”

“Needed what?” Chanyeol straightened up and turned back to face Baekhyun who kept on watching the ceiling with almost teary eyes. “What’s wrong?” 

“This. The thing we are sharing right now, I didn’t know I needed this.” Baekhyun slowly nodded his head, gulping down the lump in his throat. “Nothing. I am just grateful.”

“Yah- Byun Baekhyun! Where is the guy who kept throwing sass at me?” Chanyeol laughed trying to warm the mood. It actually made Baekhyun smile a little too.

“I am here, can’t you let me be a good person for a while?” Baekhyun asked his eyes finally glued on Chanyeol again.

“Nah, it isn’t fun that way.” 

...

“Okay Baekhyun, let’s take a 5 minutes rest.” Director spoke through the megaphone and Baekhyun nodded as his manager threw him a towel. Stretching his body, he took the towel and covered his upper body since he was in his pants only for today’s shoot. He knew it had only been a few hours but it felt like forever for Baekhyun. Even though he was happy about yesterday, he had this feeling inside him today that bothered him. He just felt off somehow and it didn’t go unnoticed.

“Hyung, really, what’s wrong with you?” As Baekhyun entered the dressing room to rest for a while, he met the questioning eyes of Oh Sehun. Shaking his head to side, Baekhyun sat on the small sofa, head falling back as he feels exhausted. The director had told Baekhyun that there was another shooting tomorrow night which would take up to 2 days because it was for a special edition magazine. So Baekhyun was going to have 3 nights without sleep and Chanyeol.

“Nothing.” Baekhyun answered simply but the younger didn’t buy it as he sighed while changing his clothes. 

“You know I’ll be here for 2 more days too, you’re going to tell me anyways.” Sehun mumbled while looking through the shirts arranged by their stylist to choose one.

“I went on a date yesterday.” Baekhyun spilled the tea and Sehun turned to face him immediately with a grin on his face but his face changed quickly as Baekhyun continued his words. “I think I love him.”

Sehun’s lips formed a small ‘o’ and he ran towards the sofa cupping Baekhyun’s cheeks with his big hands.

“Do you have a fever or something? You love him? After only a date?”

“He is my neighbor, he moved in a while ago and we spent some time together. He took me on a date and that’s it, I realized like him.” Baekhyun spoke with a calm tone as if it was their everyday conversation with the younger.

“Hyung- Aren’t you too quick to judge?” Even though Sehun was a little brat most of the time, Baekhyun liked how the younger cared about him. They had made some mistakes in the past, like having during shower after a shooting and Sehun kept annoying Baekhyun with a mention of a rematch. But still, it was around when Sehun first came to the company and Baekhyun was longed for a touch. After an awkward time period, they became friendly with each other during shootings. At least they would talk about a thing or two not to feel alone.

“I guess I know myself better than you. It may be quick, but this is the truth.”

“You are scaring me- You never mentioned the L word before.” Sehun leaned back in surprise, still not understanding the situation. 

“Baekhyun, the director is waiting.” The dressing room’s door opened and his manager popped his head in, looking at Baekhyun.

“I’ll be there in a second hyung.” Baekhyun waved the older off and stood up, looking at Sehun one last time before leaving the room. “I guess I needed this for a long time and I only now confessing to myself.”

...

  Baekhyun came home around 10 am, exhausted. All his energy was drenched and he just wanted to sleep all day.

“Oh my, you look so tired.” The sudden appearance of the old lady didn’t even surprise Baekhyun as he walked directly to the sofa and plopped down on it.

“I am tired. I have another shooting tonight and the night after.” He pulled the blanket on top of his body.

“Chanyeol left you some rice and meat yesterday. He knew you would be hungry and tired.” Seohee pointed the fridge and Baekhyun stood up sighing. He was hungry actually because his manager only bought some kimbap for them and they had to share with other models.

“This boy..” He mumbled a smile playing on his lips as he walked up to the kitchen.

“He likes you.” Seohee followed the boy happily. He was grateful to see both his grandson and Baekhyun happy. “Although I thought you said ‘no lovers in the house’ before. You surprised me.”

“Gotta break those rules sometimes.” Baekhyun took out the meat from the fridge and placed in into the microwave while he heated the rice cooker.

“He is a nice boy.”

“He is, indeed.” Baekhyun happily started eating the delicious food Chanyeol left. It was nice to have someone taking care of him when he needed. He really needed to be taken care of and Chanyeol gave him what he needed.

 After finishing his meal, he avoided any more questions and directly to the sofa, sleeping on it so that he could wake up earlier. He was so tired that it didn’t even take him a minute to fall asleep.

 When Baekhyun woke up, it was already 5 pm and Baekhyun felt as if a truck went over him. Sighing he stretched his body and stood up. He didn’t even change his clothes when he came home, therefore he went upstairs to get himself some clean clothes.

 He put on a light blue ripped jeans with a beige silk shirt. He washed his face and applied moisturizer so that his face would look less tired. Smiling himself on the mirror, he left his room and took his backpack he left in the entrance with him.

“I am leaving, I’ll stop by Chanyeol’s bakery before shooting.” He shouted back and smiled closing the door. He put on his shoes and began walking down the street until Chanyeol’s bakery.

 He stopped when he saw the taller through glass showcase of the store. A smile formed up on his lips as he just stood there and watched as Chanyeol handed a cake box to a customer happily. After the last customer left, Baekhyun entered the bakery a small bell ringing behind the door.

“Welcome- Oh, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol’s smile grew bigger as he saw the smaller.

“Hi.” Baekhyun smiled back, breathing in the delicious fresh grounded coffee smell. “I guess I was right in time for some coffee.”

“You are.” Chanyeol smiled taking the coffee pot and pouring some for the two of them. After placing the coffee mugs on the tray, he took out a cup of matcha parfait he had prepared this morning.

“I made this parfait thinking about you. It’s sugar free, low carb matcha parfait.” Chanyeol smiled behind the counter when a hint of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter