chapter 4 | the first date

Melon Pan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Baekhyun put his hands on Chanyeol’s neck, pulling him to himself as Chanyeol’s hands roamed around his waist. Their lips danced in union, in a perfect mix of lust and desire. Chanyeol placed his hands under Baekhyun’s hips, taking him in his arms as Baekhyun wrapped his legs around his waist. Supporting Baekhyun on the waist with one hand, Chanyeol walked towards the stairs not breaking their kiss.

“Chanyeol-“ Baekhyun mumbled into their kiss as they arrived to Chanyeol’s bedroom. Chanyeol looked for the switch to turn the lights on with one hand as he kept holding the smaller in his other arm. Baekhyun was a light weight for Chanyeol. As the room got brightened, the taller sat on the bed with Baekhyun on his lap. Chanyeol went for Baekhyun’s lips again but the smaller pulled back,  looking at the taller breathless. “Chanyeol..” He mumbled once again.

“What happened?” Chanyeol asked placing his hand on Baekhyun’s cheeks, caressing his soft skin gently.

“I- I don’t think we should do this.” Baekhyun mumbled, standing up on this feed before sitting next to Chanyeol. He placed his hand on Chanyeol’s knee and gave it a little squeeze. “I like you.” Baekhyun laughed softly, the smile kept playing on his lips for a while. “And I want a second date with you. I don’t want to ruin it.” 

“Baekhyun.” Chanyeol turned to face Baekhyun, a smile playing on his lips. His heart was beating really fast and he didn’t know what to say. He felt pure happiness over Baekhyun’s words. For the first time in these days, Baekhyun chose romance over sassy remarks and Chanyeol was grateful for this. “We will have a plenty of date, I promise.” He held Baekhyun’s hand in his, pulling him onto his lap again. “I like you Baekhyun. You are so special that it melts my heart everyday. Since the day I saw you in your garden that day, since you welcomed me to your house...” Chanyeol looked right into Baekhyun’s eyes, they were filled with tears. “But if you don’t want this right now, it’s okay. Because I want to know what real Baekhyun is inside.”

“He is sassy both outside and inside, I tell you that.” Baekhyun tried to laugh it off as he wiped his tears. He wasn’t sad anymore, he was just happy. And it’s been a long time since he felt this way.

“I can imagine that.” Chanyeol laughed ruffling Baekhyun’s hair. “So cute.”

“Even though this was all too good.. I think I should go for now.” Baekhyun stood up smiling at Chanyeol. “You’ll forget about me being a cry baby okay? We’ll start over tomorrow.” Baekhyun teased Chanyeol, pointing his index finger towards him.

“What? Are we back to you throwing shade?” Chanyeol laughed rising up on his feet to see Baekhyun off.

“Maybe.” Baekhyun joked again as they walked to the door downstairs. Baekhyun opened the door to go across the street. “Goodnight, Park Chanyeol.”

“Goodnight. Hope to see you tomorrow.” Chanyeol winked at Baekhyun which made him smile. He waved his hands before walking back to his house. It has been an interesting night, but definitely it made him smile.

...

 It had been a week after the night they got closer with Chanyeol and Baekhyun lived everyday with happiness after that. Even his shootings were going great and meaningless questions of Seohee didn’t sound that annoying now.

 They were meeting every evening after Chanyeol close the bakery and they were having fun, being friends, getting to know each other. Even Seohee joined them sometimes to give some tips about gardening and all. Chanyeol was cooking dinner and they stayed together until very late at nights. Then they were saying goodnight and leave for their own houses.

 Today, Baekhyun was resting at home glad that he didn’t have any shootings. He was trying to rearrange the garden with the advices Seohee has been giving. Chanyeol was at the bakery and he texted Baekhyun that he was going to be late today.

“Let’s put that flowerpot over there, these flowers love the sunshine!” Seohee smiled brightly as Baekhyun changed the location of the flowerpot like she requesting. Hanging out with Chanyeol helped Baekhyun a lot in Seohee’s opinion. He was definitely brighter these days and happier. In the end Seohee was right, Baekhyun liked Chanyeol and it was at first sight. 

 Actually after Seohee was sure that his grandson Kyungsoo was living a good and happy life, she planned to break free from this house and find peace. However, seeing how Baekhyun was living a miserable life, she decided to stay a little more until she saw Baekhyun find happiness too. Because she loved him like a son.

“Auntie, what are you thinking about?” Baekhyun tilted his head as he put down the flowerpot next to the other. He placed his hands on his waist, stretching his back.

“Nothing. I was just thinking that we should cut the grass and trim these plants too.” The old lady smiled, some wrinkles covering the side of her eyes.

“I know I promised to help but.. Can you stop killing me?” Baekhyun teased the old lady as he went to the back to take the grass cutter. He came back after a few minutes and started cutting the grass as Seohee told him to do. “I think enough gardening for today..” Baekhyun threw himself on soft grass, lying around as his body is covered with dirt.

“For the first time, you actually did everything I told you to do.” The old lady smiled before disappearing. Baekhyun kept lying on the ground, resting his body.

“Didn’t you get my text? I wanted you to be ready by 7, yet here you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter