chapter 1 | the guy next door

Melon Pan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Baekhyun looked at his own photos lying in front of him with a smug smile on his face, he looked just perfect in every one of them. How could his manager asked him to choose only one?

“I liked the first one. You look cute just like my grandson.” Baekhyun  jumped on his seat with the appearance of the old lady in front of him and shook his head.

“Auntie, how many times I told you not to do sudden moves?” Baekhyun huffed sliding back in his chair to get his personal space back. He was living with the ghost of an old lady since he first moved into this house. Apparently, she was the owner of the house before she died and she didn’t like the new owners so she decided scaring them away. It was scary for Baekhyun too, at first he thought about moving out. But now it was just annoying because the lady kept giving him advices on his work, house, garden and so on.

“Sorry, I thought you needed help.” Old lady named Seohee spoke pouting her lips, she was really touchy these days and Baekhyun knew it was because he wanted to see her grandson again. Baekhyun was helping her by inviting his grandson to his house occasionally. He even became friends with the latter just so that the old lady could see him more. You see, Baekhyun was a good guy in the end apart of being an annoying and spoilt brat.

“The first photo looks so.. How can I say.. so.. so much of a well behaved school boy who is the nicest person on earth. I want something that looks ier.” Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders going with the third photo since it was for applying to an adult magazine. The third one looked intimidating, filthy and y with a hint of star vibe. Baekhyun was a model who usually worked with magazines or commercials. Recently, mostly adult magazines because people wanted his body. And they were damn right doing so.

“Will you invite Kyungsoo tonight? Let’s bake for him.” Old lady smiled tugging Baekhyun’s arm which made him roll his eyes because he hated this.

“I can’t invite him everyday, he’ll think something is wrong with me. Plus, you know I hate pastry and baking it self. They make you fat. And you know who doesn’t like fat? People that buys the magazines I am in.” Baekhyun stood up from his chair and took the third photo with him to scan it so that he could mail it to his manager. He realized old lady had gone to another room and he sighed. He felt bad for her sometimes but Baekhyun wasn’t the cure for her. At first she told him, she would leave Baekhyun alone if he invites his grandson. But even Baekhyun had done so, Seohee decided she wanted to spend more time around. She loved Baekhyun like his own grandson and he wanted to see both of them living happily ever after before leaving this world. Though it was possible for Kyungsoo since he had a good life with a decent job and a lover already by his side, it was pretty out of the question for Byun Baekhyun because he was a one night guy with some annoying characteristic which turned away every guy who had a crush on him.

 

   Baekhyun put on his sunglasses and went outside, he wanted to get a little tanned in his garden and this time of the day was perfect for his wish. The sun was shining at the sky, leaving the clouds behind and heating the whole city. Cool summer breeze tickled Baekhyun’s torso as he lied down on sun bed in his trunks. The neighborhood was used to Baekhyun now, so nobody judged him nor looked in his way while the guy was lying there semi .

“Look at these beautiful flowers! They are dying. Can’t you at least take my tips and water them?” The old lady appeared in front of Baekhyun again making him jolt on his place.

“Aisssh, auntie, stop scaring me.” He whispered, eyes wandering the neighborhood to control if anybody was around. “Also, I told you not to talk to me outside. I don’t want people to think I am insane.” Baekhyun slowly covered his torso with his arms, face puckered up shyly. “And don’t look at me please.”

“You don’t get shy when you show it to strangers but you are ashamed of grandma? What a pity!” Seohee walked around the garden, a wind blowing through her route as he moved. Baekhyun watched the green grass swinging around with her moves and sighed in annoyance.

“Okay, okay. I’ll take care of them tomorrow.”

“Look, we have new company.” Seohee pointed across the street with her wrinkled hands where a transportation van was waiting in front of a house which was empty since Baekhyun moved here.

“Yeah, whatever. We don’t do friends, you remember?” Baekhyun pulled down his sunglasses slightly to take a look at the newbie who was talking to the driver of the van. He seemed fine from the distance, he was young around Baekhyun’s age and he wore a gray baggy t-shirt with black sweatpants. No sense of fashion clearly. 

“Oh my, he looks like a good boy. And he is handsome. He is also tall! Go, say hi!” Old lady kept watching the new guy who was now carrying the boxes, body getting sweaty.

“Not interested.” Baekhyun put his sunglasses on again, not looking at the boy anymore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter