Seventeen

Mean It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Im home" Jennie said as she removes her shoes and placed it on the shoe rack that Chaerin provides. She walked into their house and plopped herself on the couch. She closed her eyes and was about to take a nap when she heard a familiar voice.

 

"You look tired"

 

Jennie's eyes got wide open when she saw the familiar guy who's she's been missing through the years. 

 

"Dad!" Jennie got up from the couch and pulled her Father into a hug "I missed you Dad!"

 

"It's been years, Jennie" the man said and caress his daughter's hair. They hugged each other for a few minutes but they decided to broke it when Chaerin called them, saying that their dinner is ready.

 

"How are you Dad?" Jennie happily asked her Father, she even took a seat beside him 'cause she missed him so much.

 

"Im okay JenJen, Im doing well" The man smiled at his daughter and his daughter smiled back at him

 

"Tell me more about you Dad" Jennie whines like a kid, she even pouted her lips making her parents giggle.

 

"Well...uhm.....do you still remember that I used to be a professor on a film school?" Jennie nods "My students became CEOs on their own Company and decides to hire me as their Chairman."

 

Jennie and Chaerin nearly choked after what the man said.

 

"So....y-you're a chairman now dad?" Jennie asked, her jaw literally dropped when her father nodded.

 

"Jiyong...." Chaerin mumbled, Jiyong looked at her and smiled 

 

"Im telling you the truth" Jiyong showed his business card to his family 

 

"Oh my god! Since when Dad?" Jennie asked, she's already crying in happiness.

 

"I think...for almost 7 years" 

 

Chaerin dropped her chopsticks, her hands were shaking from the news that she's been hearing. She wanted to cry at the moment but there's no tears coming down from her eyes.

 

"Excuse me for awhile" The mother didn't wait for her husband and daughter response, she quickly stood up and walked out.

 

Jiyong wanted to follow her but he knows it's wrong to left Jennie behind.

 

"Wow! Dad, can you introduce me to your students?" Jennie asked as she clasped their hands together makimg Jiyong chuckled.

 

"Jennie, you met them already" the Older Kim said and pats his daughter's head "I missed you my Baby"

 

Jennie gave him a small smile and hugged him

 

"I missed you too Dad" Jennie rubs her Father's back when she felt him sobbing on her shoulder

 

"Im sorry JenJen...Im sorry for not being there whenever you're down....Sorry for not going to your debut showcase and music shows.....sorry for leaving you" Jiyong said and buried his face to the idol's shoulder. Her shirt was already wet because of her Father's tears but she didn't mind it.

 

"Ssshhh....stop crying Dad. It's fine, I know you're always supporting me." Jennie mumbled.

 

Jiyong chuckled and pulled away from his Daughter's embrace, he wiped his tears and stood up.

 

"I need to have a conversation with your Mom." Jennie nods and cheer up her Father.

 

Jiyong walked towards the living room. He saw Chaerin staring somewhere, blanky.

 

"Chae—" before Jiyong could finish his statement, Chaerin slapped him

 

"You really choose your career over your own daughter? You're unbelievable Jiyong." Chaerin sarcastically laughed and sat on the couch "You failed as her father again....for the second time. You're selfish"

 

Jiyong couldn't say anyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter