Twelve

Mean It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're not selling an umbrella?" Jennie asked the convenience store's cashier

 

"Yes maam, We're very sorry. You can stand in our waiting area until the rain stops if you want." The man suggested.

 

Jennie nods and walked out from the store, she stands up in the waiting area like what the cashier man said.

 

10 minutes

 

30 minutes

 

45 minutes

 

1 hour

 

It's been an hour and Jennie was still standing there, her legs are getting weak but she's still trying to balance herself. She's the only one who's standing there making her felt more bored. She tried to call her manager but her phone is dead already

 

"Im so unlucky" She mumbled and crossed her arms.

 

After a few more minutes, there's a girl running towards her with a purple umbrella on her hand. 

 

"You could have it" The stranger said and pushed the umbrella closer to Jennie

 

"What?" Jennie confusedly asked making the stranger chuckle

 

"I said you could have it. I think you need to go now" the girl pointed the idol's legs, it's trembling "You're kinda standing here for a long time"

 

"Oh! Really?!" Jennie couldn't see the stranger's face 'cause the umbrella is blocking her view.

 

"Thank you" she took the umbrella from the Stranger girl and bowed. "I'll make sure that I'll return it to you when we—"

 

"Oh c'mon! You don't have to return it"

 

'That voice....I know that voice' Jennie thought

 

She quickly looked up to see the stranger's face

 

"J-Jisoo?"

 

Jennie's world stopped at that moment, her surroundings becomes blur and Jisoo is the only she can clearly see.

 

She scanned the older one's figure. Staring at the pointed nose that used to tickle her whenever they're playing, that heart-shaped lip that she used to kiss back then, those cheeks that she used to pinch when she's bored, those pair of eyes she used to stare at while they're watching the sunset. 

 

"Jennie?" Jisoo still recognized the younger girl's voice despite the thick fabric of mask and scarf that's covering . How can she forgot that melodic voice though.

 

"Wow. I-It's been years." Jisoo said with an amused tone "What are you doing here? Where's your driver or car?" She casually asked. She don't want to make their situation awkward and uncomfortable so she just speak like she's really fine at the moment.

 

However, Jennie felt a upset and disappointed. Thinking how can Jisoo speak normally with her like there's nothing wrong happened about them.

 

“I-I....I went to convenience store to eat ramen but then the rain starts to pour. It’s my day off today so I don’t have a driver to come and my car has a damage so It’s not safe to use it for now.” Jennie explained while staring at Jisoo’s hands.

 

Those hands that she used to hold when she’s cold.

 

“Ah....” The older woman replied and rubs the back of her head

 

“How ‘bout you? What are you doing here?” Jennie gave all of her best not to stutter and hide that shaky voice.

 

“I went to a friend of mine’s house.” Jisoo cleared and fixed her suit “The r-rain is still heavy....do you uhm....do you mind to get some coffee?”

 

_____

 

“Im so happy for you Jennie, you’ve finally reached your dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter