Chapter 10

A Journey Together

Sorry about the late update :(


 

BAAM! “Oh? Nuguseyo?” As he entered the van, Kibum was startled by the dark figure on the other side of the van and almost spilled his coffee.

 

The figure lifted up its sunglasses and said, “Naya. Choyonghi hae. (Be quiet.)” Kibum watched as she gulped down the hangover medicine. “Can’t you tell I’m having a hangover? I shouldn’t have drunk when they went to celebrate your hyung’s release. Asshh jinjja mori appah!”

 

Kibum passed her his cup of coffee. “I thought you don't drink a lot. And why were you drinking with THEM?”

 

She gulped some coffee down, “Ah CHOYONG!” Like a creature, Hyojin retreated into whatever speck of darkness she could find in the van. Not like it helped much, since the sun had risen. After a few minutes, the creature spoke, “I was with my friend. Ah! Remember my oppa who threw up on you? We were having dinner and a few drinks. After that, I bumped into your hyungs and they introduced me to Kangin. They were celebrating, so they invited me along. That’s right. They offered each other some rounds. Not like I could refuse, right? They drink like beasts too! You know them.”

 

Kibum shook his head in disapproval at Hyojin’s weird speech. “Tsk tsk tsk tsk… You’re drunk. I’ll wake you up when we reach.” The creature mumbled and curled up tighter into a ball. ‘Phew. Close call.’

 

During the filming, Hyojin had to wait outside the swimming complex since the scene required the entire pool area. Coffee in one hand and script in the other, she started reading the script for “I Love Italy”. She hadn’t had time, since she opted to replace a coordinator and travel with Super Junior on their world tour until filming started. Kibum was left in Korea to start bulking for his role as a swimmer. Now that Kibum was going to start filming, she returned to accompanying him. What a busy life. Hyojin was proud of him for working at it without injuring his back. His efforts were certainly obvious, with his new build. She was smiling and frowning at the storyline for the first episode. She was confused at them same time about how a boy was getting married at his young age in such a modern society.

 

“AAAAAAHHHHHHH” Hyojin shot up from the bench and bolted towards the swimming pool. She recognized that shout anywhere. ‘Is he in pain?! His back!’ She rushed into the set and saw the crew frozen with hands on their mouths. Some were trembling too and peeking through the fingers on their eyes. ‘Why is no one calling an ambulance?!’ A man was lying on the ground behind Kibum while he looked at the reflection in the wall.“Kibum-ah!” She shouted at him. Kibum turned from his reflection in the mirror and looked at her in shock. “I’ll call an ambulance!” She then saw his dressing and screamed. He shouted in response too.

 

“CUUTTTT! YAH! WHO LET THE WOMAN ON THE SET?!” The director shouted at the crew. Kibum quickly took the towel on the floor and covered himself. “What are you doing running on the set?!” Kibum whispered loudly as he pulled Hyojin to a side.

 

“I heard you shout so I ran in. I thought your back was in pain,” Hyojin said, shaking. “Why are you ?! Did the company approve this?!”

 

Kibum rolled his eyes at her and explained, “I’m wearing a skin-suit, neo babo!” He opened up the towel to show her. “OH MY ---! Cover up! Are you mad?!” Hyojin covered his eyes with her trembling hands. “Oh my ---. I’m sorry. I’ll be outside.” Kibum watched Hyojin as she proceeded to the director and bowed with an apology. Jang Seowon came up behind him and asked, “Girlfriend?”

 

Kibum turned to face Seowon with raised eyebrows, “Ani, hyung. She’s my manager.” “Oh?! And you so casually opened your towel to her?” Kibum realized what he had done in the heat of the moment. His eyes widened and a deep shade of red started to creep through his makeup. Seowon chuckled at the kid’s embarrassment and ruffled his hair, “Kaja. Let’s do it again.”

 

This time, Hyojin stayed back to watch the filming. “Action!”

 

EunDong lifts himself out of the water and flicks the water from his hair and smiled. “Coach, how long was it this time?” he asks. The coach starts to scream and falls backwards onto the ground.

 

The female crewmembers were covering their eyes yet peeking through the fingers. Some of them had to cover their mouths from squealing. Hyojin joined them, only covering her sight from Kibum’s lower half.

 

EunDong looks at the pool and then at the mirror. “AHHHHHHHHH!” There goes the shout that Hyojin had heard. EunDong falls to the ground in shock and looks at himself. He goes closer to the mirror and starts touching his facial features to see if this were real. He even slaps himself a few times.

 

Hyojin put down her hand when Kibum wrapped the towel around his waist and shook Seowon awake.

 

“Coach,” he calls. “Coach!” The coach wakes up and shouts at EunDong, “Nu-nuguseyo?!”

 

“Jeon EunDong-ijanayo, EunDong-i,” he replies in a cry. The coach takes the bottle of water near him and pours it on himself. He looks at EunDong and shouts again. “Save me. Save me!” he cries as he tries to get away from EunDong. EunDong grabs his ankle to hold him back, “Ah why are you like that? I’m really EunDong-i.”

 

The coach gives up fighting and says, “I jassikish. Neo I jassik, what have you done with our EunDong-i?!” He lunges forward with his fist to hit him, but EunDong grabs his arm and twists it. “Ahh! Save me,” the coach cries softly in pain. EunDong gets up in frustration and walks in a circle. “You saw everything! I was swimming. I was swimming and I became like this!” In the heat of the moment, EunDong puts out his hands for an explanation, and the towel drops.

 

Hands flew into the air again, partially covering their sight and their mouths.

 

The coach shouts in surprise and disgust, running away. EunDong picks up his towel to cover himself as the coach throws the clothes at him. EunDong panics again when he realizes that the clothes were too small for him. EunDong then runs out of the swimming complex. ‘CUT! Okay good. Now, we’ll take it close-up from the towel part.”

 

Hyojin stared into space for a few seconds before face palming herself a few times. “Pabo! Pabo!” Kibum saw her doing that and smiled to himself. Seowon laughed along too.

 

“Coach!” Coach sees EunDong running up to him, and gets up. “You! Where have you been, huh? Our EunDong-i. Have you found our EunDong-i?!”

 

“Coach, do you have Soomi’s hand phone number? I haven’t been able to reach her.”

 

“Ha! I jassik. Now you want her number? I jass-“ EunDong grabs the phone from Coach, and Coach reaches for it. EunDong goes into a martial arts stance, making Coach reciprocate. EunDong shoots to imaginary bullets at Coach, and Coach dodges. EunDong circles his arms to throw an imaginary fireball at Coach. Coach stares at EunDong for seconds, as if he remembered something. “Neo!” he exclaims. EunDong’s lips start to quiver and he snuffles in a cry, “Coach, you’re right.”

 

Coach gets up slowly and cries, “EunDong-ah!” “Coach.” The two jump into a hug, with Coach carrying EunDong like usual. “I jassik aish.” “Coach,” EunDong calls as he cries on Coach’s shoulder.

 

After another two hours of filming, the van door opened loudly. Hyojin startled awake at the sound, and greeted Kibum, “Oh, you’re done. Let’s go home.” Hyojin couldn’t sleep anymore, so she looked out at the night sky as. “You were quite the joke today,” Kibum said with a chuckle. Hyojin rolled her eyes in embarrassment. “I was going to pay you a compliment, but you just ruined my mood.”

 

He turned to face her. “What? I’m sorry, now tell me.” He was brightly looking at Hyojin, although he was burned out.

 

She glanced from the corner of her eye before letting out a sigh. “Fine,” his face brightened even more as she turned her body to lean on her side. “You are a really good actor,” she said simply with a straight face. Kibum’s eyebrows furrowed. “Is this some sort of trick?”

 

“Nope,” she replied with a smile. “I was really surprised by the way you could act so vibrantly and… childishly?”

“EH?!”

 

“I mean you really acted like a kid! I have NEVER seen that side of you! Jalhaesseo, jinjja!” she exclaimed with a laugh. “I was wowed.”

 

Kibum laughed at her compliments, “Thanks… So, did I look good?” Hyojin looked at Kibum’s cheeky face with disbelief. “What?!”

 

“You heard me. Did I look good? You were the only one not covering your eyes,” he said with his eyes squinted.

 

“A: I don’t care. B: They were all looking at you, genius. C: Cut the act; this is so not you!” she laughed. “Aaaahahahaha that was so embarrassing,” Kibum admitted as he covered his face with his hands.

 

“You did well, Kim Kibum. Even without me around, you did well,” Hyojin smiled. “You don’t really need an assistant. I’ll just go back to Super Junior.”

 

Kibum’s smile left his face. “Yah ireon malhajima. I’ll get lonely if no one’s with me. Hungry too. And aching.”

 

Hyojin rolled her eyes. “That’s all I am to you, huh?”

 

“Aniyo, I’ve been surrounded by guys so much that you’re the only ‘yeodongsaeng’ that I have in Korea. If you’re proud of me, then I’m satisfied.” Hyojin took a cushion in the van and threw it at him. “Cheesy. JA.”

 


Well, this chapter seems to show my review of the drama huh? only the last part. I felt like Kibum's scene could make a potential scene, so I made one. Comments, please? Ideas on how to proceed? Third party development aka Kyuhyun? And do subscribe! ^^ BUING BUING *hides in shame

How did you feel about the drama so far?