First arc, Chapter 3: “Unlock The Door” (part 2) [First arc final]

Magic Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BGM suggestion: IU - 'Eight' (Prod.&Feat. SUGA of BTS) music box edition by Smyang

 

“There are free seats over there.” Tae Hyung nods in the direction of a table, gathering classmates with who I talked before. I take a quick glance before crooking my neck another way. “I don’t know if they’d be okay to eat with me…” I whisper at the young men. Jung Kook opens his mouth, probably about to protest, but is cut by voices that suddenly rise in the university’s restaurant. “Seo Min! Tae Hyung! Jung Kook! Here!” Our classmates enthusiastically throw their arms in the air when we turn around. I look upt to my doctors  and they don't have to say anything for me to understand. As expected, they both have a smug expression saying, “See? We were right.” I roll my eyes and grin to the group waiting for us. “Thank you, everyone,” I speak quietly as I sit on the bench. “Don't thank us, it's nothing!” We have various discussions while we eat. I'm happy to learn to know my classmates, who, compared to the surprise of this morning, seem comfortable with me now. One conversation in particular leads to what I consider something promising and, to take my doctors’ words, a “breakthrough”. “Oh, right, I wanted to tell you there's a new café that opened in Itaewon.” “Again?” “Not again, Geun Woo. The last one was on the main road of the campus.” “How come you always know when there's a new café opening?” Tae Hyung interrogates Bok Su. “Is it a hobby?” “Yes! I love cafés so I always search for new ones to try.” “It's cool.” “It looks cool, Seo Min, but it's an obsession,” Sung Joon leans in and whispers the last word as if Bok Su, sitting on his right, couldn't hear him. “She even keeps a diary with all the cafés she tried and also gives them ratings.” Bok Su snorts and slaps the boy's back. He squeaks but continues to tease Bok Su nonetheless. “It's a passion!” she argues. “Yeah. Close to obsession. But it's OK, we still like you!” he declares and blows a kiss to the girl, earning a good laugh with her. “It seems like we're going to a café this weekend. You want to come?” Min Hee proposes as she tries to keep Sung Joon's tray from falling. “Yeah!” excitement replies before I can think. “I mean, yes, I want to come.” Hui Yeon giggles at my reaction, “I'm happy to get to know you, Seo Min.” “Me too,” I beam. For the first time in a years, I'm invited to hang out with friends!    
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter