7.00

This isn't Hell

“Alright, I’ll take you home,” Sehun said softly, while buckling Haru to her seat in his car. He closed the door carefully, not to wake her from her slumber and walked towards his side. He sat down, and the ignition, and took a brief look at her. “I didn’t say whose,” he smirked as he gripped the steering and started speeding.

Haru breath smelled like alcohol. There was no doubt about it. She couldn’t remember the last time she was this drunk, maybe it’s because she never let herself lose control.


Her head felt light, and she could barely realize what’s happening. She felt like she was floating, as if someone is carrying her carefully like she’s fragile.

Sehun stood still for a few seconds, debating where to put her. Maybe the couch, because he thought his bed might be weird to put her on. But the couch didn’t look too comfortable, and she might fall over while asleep. His eyes darted here and there, finally giving up, he decided to go for the bed.


He lowered her slowly, putting his pillow below her head, “What a fearless girl,” he mumbled, “Passed out drunk with a man by her side,”

He took the blanket from her side and spread it on top of her, tucking her in. “You’re lucky that I’m a nice guy,”

 

He paused for a moment, and it was obvious he was turning this opportunity over in his mind. A sinister smirk appeared as he took his phone out. He snapped a picture of Haru then shared it on his group chat.


Day 18- Already on my bed, ” he captioned before hitting send. It took probably less than a few seconds before his phone started vibrating.


“Godspeed,” Suho replied immediately.
“What are you going to do?” Chen asked, followed by a smirking emoji.
“She passed out?”
“Looks like she’s dead drunk,”

 

His phone continued to buzz continuously and he ignored it when he heard Haru slurring, in her sleep.


She mumbled something and grasped the blanket tightly. The space between her eyebrows creased, and she looked distressed as if she’s having a nightmare.

Sehun kneeled beside the bed and stared at her, slowly raising his finger to her forehead. He drew circles softly on her creased skin till she relaxed. “Hey, it’s okay. It’s okay,” he whispered softly. It didn’t do much but his warm, soothing voice calms her down as he coaxes her to sleep.


It felt right; he liked knowing that Haru depended on him. Sehun's fingers skimmed her forehead and he felt a strange flutter of excitement, low in his gut. Wouldn't it be great if she depended on him for everything, forever? A small smile appeared on his face and it vanished away quickly after he realized what he was doing. He pulled back his finger as if he was electrocuted.

 

“God, what was that?” he muttered.

 

For what feels like the first time in his arrogant life, heat actually rushes up to his cheeks. Sehun took a blanket and crashed on his couch.


He’d never slept in the same room with anyone before, and somehow, he thought it would be strange but it wasn’t.


A small pang of guilt crossed his heart, when his phone continued to vibrate.

"Well, I'm playing the game," Sehun declared dispassionately, the darkness hiding the heavy rise and fall of his chest.

Outside, the rain swelled and lightning flickered, but his senses had dulled so that everything was reduced to the quiet sound of Haru’s breathing.


He unlocked his phone and opened the group chat. Strings of unread messages flooded the group.


He stared at the image he shared minutes ago.


Sehun shifted onto his side to look at her. His chest tightens when he wonders how she would react if she knew. He’d still like her to be around him as a friend.


He pressed the image and held it momentarily.


Delete for everyone?
Yes.


His phone buzzed even more seconds later. He ignored all the messages, switched off his phone and threw it to the side.

 

//

 

 

Day 19



The bedsheets felt so soft, and she felt like she was lying on a bed of feathers.

The sunlight hit Haru’s eye, causing her to groan slightly. She blinked, trying to bring the room into focus as she slowly sat up, her body protesting to every move.

“Morning,” a voice sounded from her right. Slowly, Haru raised her head to look at the man standing by the windows.

His hair is wet from the shower, and sitting before a black glossy coffee table, with a steaming hot cup of coffee in front of him. She could feel the steam it was emitting even from where it was.

 

“What?” Haru asked, her voice came out as a whisper, throat sounding like sandpaper.

 

“You were drunk, so I brought you here and put you to bed,” Sehun listed before she started asking.

 

“You could’ve taken me home,” she said, turning around, taking a glimpse of his gigantic room.

 

Sehun gulped, finding the right excuse to answer her. “No wait, it’s a good thing,” Haru suddenly retracted, “If the people in my apartment saw me with you, drunk,” she paused, enunciating the last word, “It wouldn’t look nice,”


She clutched her forehead in pain, and later looking up at him with a faint frown, “I’m sorry I messed your bed,” she said, “And I’m sorry you had to leave the party early because of me,”


“I carried you too,” he whined teasingly. “And I had to sleep on the couch,”


“Yeah, yeah, I’m sorry,” She rubbed her temples, “I feel like my head’s going to explode. I don’t think I’ve had that much of alcohol in my life,”


“You took it like a champ. You didn’t even throw up,” he said, approvingly. He walked towards the nightstand, and took a small syrup bottle.


“Take this, it’ll help you with the hangover,”


The potion was sweet, but not overbearingly so, she could still taste the alcohol and it burned the back of . Haru coughed a bit when she drank.


“Have your breakfast here, then I’ll drive you home,” Sehun started to say as he watched her wince.


Her head was pounding, her stomach queasy, and was dry. In all of her 20 years of life, Haru had never been so hungover.


“No,” she shakes her head slightly, without looking up at him. “I don’t feel good. I’ll leave first,”


Sehun frowned slightly, reluctant to agree. “I’ll drive you,” he said, hoping to persuade her. She looked up at him, her lips shut thin, silently refusing.

 

Giving up, Sehun exhaled a long breath, “Fine,” he said, somehow feeling a little annoyed that she didn’t agree to his offer.