A life worth living

Heart Beat

In the heart of South Korea's busiest city, A funeral is being held in memoy of a great person.


"She's so young." 

"Yes, she is."

"But something about her photo speaks to me. "

 

 


-

 

 

Today is a calm day in Seoul, South Korea. A beautiful day to take your dog out for a walk or even have a little jog with your lover or friend. Even the blooming adolescents from one of the most prestigious school in the city are having fun doing their morning routines during gym class— except for one person.

She is a transfer student from the country side. A girl with long raven-black hair and a stoic face. 

It's been some months since this strange, cold girl started going into this school and to tell the truth she hasn't really made her presence be known. During lunch she would suddenly disappear from the cafeteria and just get back before the bell rings, and most of the time during PE she would usually just sit at the sideline observing everyone with those bored and dull eyes. She also has no friends, but she do have acquintances. Even so, this girl is a bright student. Always topping the ranks and exams and always on the honorary list of the class. She's diligent and nice to people who actually had the bravery to talk to her. Because of such attitude, The class— rather, the whole school named her as the Cold Genius, but no one actually knows what her true intentions are for being like that until one day.

She was inside the school clinic for their weekly health examination. Everyone has left and she was the last one to enter the said room. The nurse instructed her to get rid of some clothes for measurements and she easily complied with her. After her little health check she's now starting to get dressed but suddenly the clinic door spread open revealing another girl who is a bit taller than her and has long blonde hair, they made a sudden eye contact when the blonde became embarrassed.

"Oh ! Im so sorry! I didn't mean it"

The blonde shouted as she tries to cover her eyes, but stopped half way when she notices something attached to the raven-haired's chest. It was a little white device that looks so techy and advance.

 

 


-

 

 


"Chaeyeon!"
A guy with brown hair called out the blonde who has been starring at blank space. 

Ever since she saw that cold girl changing in the clinic she has been so restless to know what was the device on the latter's chest. Don't get it wrong. Chaeyeon is not a nosy human being, she just thought that the girl she saw peeks her interest because of the unknown device attached to the her.

"Oh! Sorry. What were you talking about?"

The blonde raised out of her trance and whips her head towards her friend. 

"Daehwi has been telling you how their rehersals go yet you seemed to be drifting in a far away land."

One of their classmate whom has been listening to Daehwi butted. The blonde could only stare at the two until she settles back into minding her own business.

Daehwi shook his head. Never in his life has he saw his friend day dream like a love struck dog— staring into oblivion. It's been a few days since Chaeyeon started to act like this and he's starting to hve some bad feelings about it but he choose to shurg it off for it will be best for him and his friend.

 

 


-

 

 

Lunch came faster than light— Daehwi took this opportunity to talk to Chaeyeon while the girl is munching on her home cooked meal. It's been a while since he would be asking questions towards the latter and somehow it makes him nervous. He started to take small huffs of air and counted from one to three before sitting beside his long time friend.

"Chae, Can I ask you something."

He goes straight to the point staring straight into the latter's side profile. He knows Chaeyeon would soon connect gaze with him and he was not wrong. The blonde whips her head towards him with a fork sticking out from while her cheeks are puffed with food inside. Daehwi almost laugh hysterically at the sight but he tried his best to be composed. He cleared his throat and gave the girl an eye smile before patting Chaeyeon on the shoulder.

"Buddy, I know it already. I know you are inlove."

Daehwi smiles as he huffs his chest out— proud of giving support for his friend, or so he thought.

Chaeyeon could not even comprehend what Daehwi was talking about. She gave the boy a flabbergasted look which made Daehwi knot his cute eyebrows.

"Inlove? Who? Me? How?"

Chaeyeon only uttered as she keeps on trying to process how in the world did Daehwi come up with such astonishing ideas that is probably not suitable for the likes of her. 

Daehwi felt confused at the sudden burst of vague questions from Chaeyeon. Everything started to not make sense to him. Until his friend suddenly stood up from her seat with a frown on her face as she squinted her eyes towards the right utmost corner of the cafeteria. Daehwi whip his head towards where his friend was looking and suddenly he got the puzzle pieces connected.

"Oh! So it's not love. Okay, I get it. You curious dumb bear!"

Daehwi then pulled Chaeyeon back down to sit and gave her a grin which Chaeyeon frown upon. She shrugs off the disgusted look on his friend's face and drape his arms on Chaeyeon's shoulder.

"Class 3-A."

Chaeyeon did not understand what Daehwi was talking about and her brows up asking about what was up with Class 3-A. Daehwi literally face palmed infront of his friend whose giving him 'a what is your problem?' look. The boy then shook his head as he heaves quite a deep sigh. He then slightly pointed at The girl whom Chaeyeon was squinting her eyes at earlier.

"Kang Hyewon, Class 3-A. A genius but is quite cold towards everyone. Rumor says she has health problems that's why she's like that but her classmates don't really think that she hs any illness."

Chaeyeon stared at the said girl as Daehwi continues to explain when Hyewon looks up to her and they made another unexpected eye contact. 

When Hyewon notice the stare from Chaeyeon she dip her head back to the food infront of her and immediately finishes her meal. She soon stood up with forty more minutes remaining on her break time.

Chaeyeon was really curious that the moment Hyewon left the scene she asked Daehwi to not wait for her then head out of the cafeteria.

 

 

-

 

 

"I shouldn't have eaten in the cafeteria"

Hyewon sighs as she opens her lunch box again, but the difference is, now she's at the school rooftop alone with the sky looking peaceful and free.

"I wish I can be like that."

She again uttered as she slips some sausages into . Everything is now peaceful not until someone beside her suddenly spoke.

"Be like what?"

Hyewon almost curse and flew up from her seat because of the unexpected visitor. She whips her head to the side only to be greeted by the girl in the cafeteria earlier— so close to her, too close that she can feel the latter's soft breaths brushing against her skin sending shivers down her spine which almost made her heart skip a beat. 

Suddenly Chaeyeon whips her head towards Hyewon and she could have swore to her ancestors that she indeed have seen a goddess with sparkling hazelnut orbs, raven-black hair, pink thin lips and white porcelain like skin.

The usual poker face of Hyewon was stripped off and replaced by her embarassed pink tinted look. Chaeyeon hurriedly took herself away fron the girl and apologized. The two was then enveloped in awkeard silence when Chaeyeon spoke up.

"Chaeyeon."

Hyewon was puzzled at the latter's first words. She whipe her head towards the slightly taller bear beside her and she was then greeted by an enregetic smile.
.
"Lee Chaeyeon, that's my name Im from class 3-B. The room next to yours."

The blonde then stretches her hand towards Hyewon to give her a friendly hand shake and Hyewon whole heartedly shook it for she felt that the latter means no harm.

"You see, I've been thinking about you gor some time now."

Chaeyeon blurted out which made Hyewon retreat— suddenly. She thought that maybe she's wrong. That the girl infront of her was actually a stalker and is ready to kill her. Her bright orbs were suddebly filled with horror which made Chaeyeon clear things up.

"Hey! Im no stalker! Remember that time during med exams. I walked into you changing your clothes."

Hyewon's eyes widen. It was more than stalking. That was what she build up in her mind. Rather than a stalker the girl might actually be a ert and she's on to her.

"Get away from me!"

Hyewon shouted while holding up her stainless chopsticks like it was some kind of battle knife. Chaeyeon was puzzled at the deed until she got a hint of what Hyewon might be thinking.

"No! No! Im no ert!! Im just curious what was that thing on your chest!!"

Chaeyeon immediately defended as she manage to get a hold of Hyewon's chopsticks and slowly push them down. 

Hyewon sighs at her and slump her body back to rooftop floor she was seating earlier and fetched her phone. She swipes left, right, up and down until she flipped it towards Chaeyeon who dumbfoundedly look at the screen. 

It was an app with Hyewon's basic information and a little chart thing with numbered figures.

"what is this?" 

Chaeyeon asks curiously as she reads the contents of the App.

"Did you know that when you are born it is already decided how many heart beats your heart is going to make, but having have a heart disease the numbers of beats is fewer."

Chaeyeon looks up to meet Hyewon's eyes and she felt a little pang on her chest as she saw the sad in the latter's orbs.

"I have a rare type of heart disease, and my parents— even tho this device costs a fortune, they insisted it to be put on me. It monitors how many more beats my heart can make until it totally shuts off."

Hyewon then smiles at the latter and pointed the numbers that is shown below the charts. 

"230 Million. It sounds a lot right but that's only 6 more years."

Chaeyeon looks at Hyewon and gave her a 'I still do not get it' look. Hyewon giggles as she presses her back on the cold railings of the roof top.

"I only have 6 more years to live, but that is only if, I refrain myself from strenuous work or anything that will make my heart beats faster."

Hyewon then looks up to the rolling sky. She gave out a little melancholic laugh.

"To tell the truth. I wanted to enjoy life. Make lots of friends, but if I do that and make my heart beat like crazy, I'll end up making my life span shorter. It's ironic. I love life but life has put restrains on me to live it the way I wanted to."

Chaeyeon listens intently, as she looked at how Hyewon glows while saying she wants to befriend everyone. She felt sad that a girl who loves life is being afraid to live. So she suddenly got a bright idea. 

She shoot up from the floor and pulled Hyewon up after. She beamed a bright blinding smile.

"Since I know this is your secret that you do not want everyone to hear. I'll keep it. But there is one thing I want you to do!"

Chaeyeon stated as she started to feel her excitement rising. Hyewon could only look at her in disbelief and urge the latter to continue what she was talking about.

"I will help you live to the fullest and make your heart beat like crazy that you'll never regret it!"

 

 


-

 


"The ocean looks so great! Chaeyeon-ah! Look their! It's a dolphin!"

Hyewon shouted as if a little kid full of energy. 

Chaeyeon could only smile at her but there seem to be something bothering her that was not left unnoticed by the raven-haired girl. Hyewon smiled warmly as she eyes the blonde whose arranging their stuff.

"Are you okay?"

Hyewon muses as she lightly jogs beside the girl whose now sitting on the fine white sand. 

"Yes Im fine, but you. Aren't you being excited too much."

Chaeyeon rebutted as she hugged her legs close to her chest, Hyewon only sat beside her and gave her a reassuring smile. 

"Hey, I wanted this. Besides I was planning on going here anyways. I know you are not doing this out of pity or just because you feel sorry for me, so cheer up. In a short time that we were together I know life is full of things I need to explore. You did a great job convincing me that it's not about the life span that matters."

Chaeyeon almost shed a tear because of the sincerity lacing behind those words. She smiled at Hyewon and gave the latter a pat on the shoulder.

"Okay! Better enjoy the sea!"


And with that their little summer adventure started.

 

 


-

 

 

"Chae! OMG! We are almost at the peak! and I can feel my life span shortening!"

Chaeyeon only looks at the girl beside her weirdly as she tighten her grasp on the safety bar of the roller coaster.

"Please stop saying your life span is shortening with that excited face! It's scaring me!"

Chaeyeon shouted as the coaster suddenly descend from the peak making every single one scream especially the girl beside her, who looks like her soul just left her body the moment the coaster's nose dips down.

Hyewon could barely hold herself together after they got out of the roller coaster. She almost barf instantly, but she still manage to find a clean bin to throw up. She looks like a mess after that and Chaeyeon could only look at her in disbelief. 

"How about we—"

Hyewon did not even let Chaeyeon finish her sentences when she faced her with eyes sparkling with bliss. She took Chaeyeon's hands and clasped it together with hers as she jumps up and down.

"Lets go again!"

Hyewon muses which made Chaeyeon give her a dreaded look. But the raven-haired girl holds her stand and dragged Chaeyeon for another round on the coaster.

 

 


-

 

 

Now the both of them are sitting infront of an ice cream stall and for the first time in Hyewon's life she will be esting ice cream.

Chaeyeon was really amused at how Hyewon reacted towards her first bite on the frozen delight. The raven-haired's eyes glimmer in glee and her smile reaches from ear to ear as she deavours the vanilla flavored dessert.

People around school have put a stigma around the mysterious girl as a cold and untouchable being, but today its different. The girl everyone thought was nothing but ice is as warm as the brightest sun. Her laugh, her voice, her touches. Everything is warm and comforting— Chaeyeon thought as she looks at the girl beside her. She can never erase that smug look of satisfaction as she further her thought about how she's the only one who could see such bright and gentle light.

"L E E  C H A E Y E O N !!"

Hyewon calls out as she stares at Chaeyeon with a weirded expression. Chseyeon was puzzled as to why Hyewon was looking at her like that until she had the chance to retrace her antics a few seconds ago, and she red handedly caught herself smiling like a maniac while staring at the latter.

"Why are you suddenly blushing!!?"

Hyewon added as she squints towards Chaeyeon. The blonde could only laugh awkwardly and scratch her nape in the process.

Hyewon widens her eyes and immediately covers herself using her arms, she was blushing profuriously as she glared at the blonde.

"You ert! Are you checking out on me!"

She shouted which caught the attention of almost everyone in the vicinity they were in. Chaeyeon herself felt embarrassed and immediately covered Hyewon's mouth but unfortunately both of them lost their balance and fell off from the bench. Chaeyeon hisses as she slowly lift herself up from. She was about to ask if the other ws okay but stopped when her and the raven-haired unconsciously starts to look into each other's orbs. Heart beating in synchronicity while both eyes sparkle in unknown light. Everything feel so warm and fuzzy until a stranger comes up to both of them and asked them if they needed any help. Suddenly Chaeyeon shoots up and awkwardly laugh at the new comer as she helps the blushing Hyewon up. The stranger smiles at them and did not bother anymore as she saw how the two girls laugh after they have stood up from the ground.

 

 


-

 

 


"Hey! Chae."

Hyewon uttered as she holds even tighter on to Chaeyeon's waist. They are now on their way home as Chaeyeon pedals the bicycle they are in. 
Chaeyeon hums as she heard Hyewon's voice calling her as if she wanted to cry.

"Thank you."

Hyewon continues which made Chaeyeon's heart clench. She knows Hyewon is happy right now but it suddenly hits her. Hyewon has few more years to live and she's spoiling it as if those times are just disposable fruits.

She can't help but wonder what if Hyewon is just pushing herself or is just being nice. With that she heaves a sigh and gritted her teeth. She starting to feel a few tensions rising inside her frame.

"Hey kangchan. I think..."

Hyewon cutted her off and suddenly dips her head on the blonde's back.

Chaeyeon was taken aback but she held her sentence. She continues to pedal whilr the orange tainted sky became the colors of the deepest parts of the ocean.

"Chae. Please, don't continue that sentence."

Chaeyeon knew she hurted the latter for thinking she was beimg forced. The blonde wanted to punch herself for being naive. A stupid naive bear. She then chuckles and halted her pedaling. She turn to Hyewon and gave the raven-haired a blinding bright smile.

"I think you are having the wrong thought here! There will be a firework display tomorrow and I would like to invite you. By the way I do not take no for an answer!"

Hyewon laughs at the smiling blonde and nodded in agreement. 

Chaeyeon shoots her balled fist up, as if she won a world cup and continue to pedal again. Hyewon just giggled and sinks onto Chaeyeon's soft back as she uttered small thank yous. The blonde smiles and slightly shook her head as she uttered incoherent words.

"The one who should be being thankful is me."

 

 


-

 

 


Today Hyewon is having a sleepover at Chaeyeon's place, but before they have come to conclusion unto which house they would want to stay the night; the two literally spent all their day arguing over it like a matried couple. Yet, alas! They've come to terms that it would be in Chaeyeon's house.

"I can't believe you live in such luxury!"

Hyewon muses as she eyes every details inside Chaeyeon's living area. Not many knew about Chaeyeon and her family's status and Chaeyeon wanted to keep it that way. 

"Chaeyeon dear! Your home early. Don't you have club today?"

A voice from the kitchen echoes as they heard footsteps coming towards the living room. Soon a woman probably in her mid 30's or 40's whom was wearing a white apron, emerges from one of the pillars. Hyewon gawk in awe as agapes at the beauty infromt of her.

"Oh, we have a visitor. Im sorry to interupt." 

The woman smiles so lovingly that Hyewon became a bit flusttered. Chaeyeon eyes the raven-haired girl beside her and started giggling, which made Hyewon embarrassed.

"Mom! This is Hyewon the girl I was talking about last time."

The woman in apron smiles at Chaeyeon teasingly.

"Oh, you mean THAT girl. I see, I see."

Chaeyeon blushes at her mother's teasing and playfully rolled her eyes to dismiss her embarrassment, she then held Hyewon's wrist and sprinted towards her room.

Hyewon felt apologetic and faced Chaeyeon's mother to give her a light bow before continuing to follow Chaeyeon who was basically dragging her.

The moment they reached Chaeyeon's room Hyewon marvels at the vibrant colors she is seeing. The huge space and the nice interior. Everything screams Chaeyeon. There are also alot of posters of bands and a bunch of trophies in one shelf.

Hyewon took the intiative to look into the trophy shelf— She felt amazed at how many different kinds of trophies there were and the one that caught her utmost attention is the big cup with Dance Champion written on it. Hyewon looks at Chaeyeon with hopeful eyes, and as if they were having the same thought Chaeyeon giggles and gave her a nod.

Soon the blonde turns on her speakers and started playing some random music. As the sound started to resonate inside the four cornered space, Hyewon could not contain her amazement. She found Chaeyeon enticing with all those smooth and feather like movements. She thought how can a human being dance in such way. Powerful yet poised, Strong yet soft. It was as if the Gods themselves has enjoyed making Chaeyeon in accordance to the goddess of dance and chorus. It was as if Terpsichore herself has come to life.

"I didn't know you are such a great dancer!"

Hyewon squealed as she held both of Chaeyeon's hands. The blonde could only laugh at her and drag her towards the little sofa. 

Hyewon sits on it as she still looks at Chaeyeon with gleeful gazes. The blomde chuckles.

"Im not that great tho."

Chaeyeon then broke their silence, she then was about to stand up when suddenly she saw a guitar pick hanging from Hyewon's bag.

"Do you play guitar?"

Chaeyeon asks as she touch the little pick. 

Hyewon only nods and gave the pick a melancholic smile. 

"I used to play and write songs, but ever since I found out how strenuous playing a guitar is I stopped, but I still write songs tho."

Hyewon explained as she lightly caress the pick. Chaeyeon looks at her and suddenly got a bright idea. She hurriedly stood up from tje sofa and rummage onto a near by stock room, soon after she emerges with a microphone and a mic stand. She also pulled something under her bed— it was an electric guitar she has been keeping for sometime now.

"Okay! Can I hear some of your pieces."

Chaeyeon gleefully asks, the momwnt she was done preparing the things she wanted Hyewon to use.

Hyewon shook her head in embarrassment but Chaeyeon being her did not give up. Until alas, Hyewon nodded in an exception that she will never be singing again. The blonde agreed and sits herself on the sofa, facing the raven-haired girl whose exhaling quite heavily.

"Please forgive me if I make some mistakes. It's been long since In last played."

Hyewon then started to strum the strings, the blonde bops ger head in sync with the guitar's tune but her expression changes when Hyewon started to sing. Chaeyeon can feel the the words as if they were encantations of an enchantress. The lyrics that moves the soul and heart. 

Chaeyeon suddenly felt Hyewon had become one with her song. The harmony and the music. The rhythm and the meanings, everything in perfect unison like how Eturpe the goddess of Lyric and poetry was in her works. Yes, she thought of Hyewon as a goddess inside-out.

 

 

-

 

 


The next morning, Chaeyeon rushed into the music club with Hyewon. She barges inside the serene room with 4 persons inside, setting up their instruments.

"Hey guys! You wouldn't believe this! I think I just got us a vocalist!" 

Chaeyeon exclaimed excitedly as she eyes every member.

A japanese girl then suddenly looks at Hyewon with a stoic face. 

"Are you sure about this Chae?"

The japanese asks, which offended Hyewon a bit. 

Chaeyeon suddenly interupts and clung her arm around the japanese's shoulder.

"Don't scare her, Sakura."

Chaeyeon the beams a smile to Hyewon and suddenly took the raven-haired girl's hand.

"Can you please sing for us."

The blonde looks at her expectantly and she even gave Hyewon puppy eyes which Hyewon cannot resist. With that the raven-haired girl took the stage and started singing. Everyone inside the room felt chills run down their spine as the listen to the beautiful voice. It's soothing— perfect to heal the things medicine can not.

 

 


-

 

 

After Hyewon sang infront of the music club. They recruited her to be their vocalist and tried their best to persuade Hyewon to sing in the upcoming festival, and Hyewon being the shy girl she is tried to say no but emded up agreeing in the end. 

It's been 2 weeks already and the song is now ready. Tomorrow will be the school festival and everyone is anticipating the show of the music club.

"Daehwi!"

Chaeyeon called out as she waves at the boy who was getting a drink from the vending machine. 

The lass looks at Chaeyeon and gave her a light smile as he gave out a small wave back to the latter.

"How's life you pesky rascal?"

Daehwi asks while picking his juice from the machine. Chaeyeon just giggled and drag the boy towards a near by bench. 

"Music club will be having a great concert tomorrow. So watch it!"

The boy shook his head as he smiles softly then sips his drink after. He has never seen Chaeyeon this happy, and to witness this now is pure ecstacy for him being a ling time friend of the latter.

"Yup, I will watch. So do your best."

He then beams, before the both satrted to talk and catch up on the latest news on their daily lives.

 

 


-

 

 

"Chaeyeon! Im so nervous! What do I do?"

Hyewon rubs her hands against each other while she paces back and forth. This will be the first time she will be performing and it scares her so much she wanted to not go instead.

"Hey, chill. Everything will be fine. I will be there cheering you, so don't worry."

Chaeyeon assures the girl as she held the latter's shoulder then give her an embrace after she had calmed down. A few more seconds and Chaeyeon detaches herself from the warmth.

"Okay, we should go now!"

The blonde suggested and held Hyewon's hand as they started walking towards the back stage of the school gymnasium.

After they have reached the gymnasium Hyewon's nervousness caught up to her again, and to relieve her from that, she tried to fetch somthing from her skirt pocket but for an unfortunate reason it was not there.

"Chae! What should I do. I think I lost my lucky pick!!"

Hyewon panics as she started to run brisk walk the entirety of the backstage.

"What should I do!! I can't perform without that pick!"

Hyewon was close to crying when Chaeyeon thought of an idea.

"Okay, tell me where you last went and from there I'll search for your pick."

The blonde smiles as Hyewon felt relief. Hyewon then told Chaeyeon the last three spot she went to and the blonde hurriedly sped her way out of the scene, yet for some reasons a certain Japanese girl looks an unamused about everything.

 

 


-

 

 

It's now just about some more minutes away before their performance and Chaeyeon hasn't reuturned yet. Suddenly Hyewon started to feel something was not right, but begore she can go out and search for the blonde Sakura emerges from the side.

"Chaeyeon wanted me to give this to you."

Sakura gifted Hyewon her lucky pick. The raven-haired girl beams but the bothering feeling inside her still remains. She then placed the pick on the back cover of her phone so it will not get lost again. After that she roamed her eyes hoping to get a glimpse of the person who made her way to find her lost stuff.

"Sakura, where's Chaeyeon? Why isn't she here?"

Hyewon asks the Japanese and the latter could only look at her coldly.

Hyewon knew that the japanese girl did not like her but she really hates it when the girl gets rude like this.

"I know you hate me but-"

Sakura did not let her finish her sentence. The japanese puts her hand on Hyewon's mouth to shut the raven-haired girl, up. 

"You got it all wrong."

Sakura sighs as she looks at Hyewon's phone with light shinning from the screen and a familiar app she knows to heart is displayed.

"Looks like she hasn't told you huh."

 


-

 

 

Hyewon rushed up to the roof top where she and Chaeyeon started off to become friends. She was panting so hard that it is undeniable that her heart is probably racing so much it could possibly cut her life span into half, but in that moment, in that time, nothing matters. It did not matter if her life span shortens. All that matters is that she see Chaeyeon.

As the roof top door flung open, Chaeyeon was shocked to see Hyewon with a dreaded look as she held her phone infront of her. The blonde already know what Hyewon might be looking at and she just awkwardly giggle and scratch her nape.

"Looks like she told you, huh?"

Hyewon's tears started to flow as the beeping in her phone continues. She never thought that she could cry like this for someone but here she is, putting all her emotions out.

"Hey, don't cry. It's alright."

Chaeyeon cooed which made Hyewon a little bit agitated.

"How is this alright? How is 1059 beats okay? How can you still smile as if you are not running out of time?!"

Hyewon screams which made Chaeyeon dip her head low. She did not mean to hurt the raven-haired girl. She only wanted to make Hyewon happy but now. It's like the opposite of what she wants.

"Im sorry, Hye. I really am."

Chaeyeon smiles as she faces Hyewon and held her hands.

"Why didn,'t you tell me?"

Hyewon broke down, the pain is unbearable, everything makes no sense now. The reason why she's living life the fullest is now fading with in her reach yet she can not grasp it. Everything feels so heavy. Her head, Her body and her heart. It was as if she's a ship in a stormy ocean whose being slapped by huge waves until it sinks to the bottom.

"I did not tell you because if I do. You'll hold back."

Hyewon suddenly stops her cries and looked at the blonde.
Chaeyeon walk herself towards Hyewon and gave the girl a tight hug.

"At a young age my parents knew about this sickness and they did everything to have the same device attached to you to be attached to me too. During middle school I watched the dance club and I flet I somehow belong there. That's the time I decided I will live this life the way I wanted it. I consulted my parents and they wanted me to live how I want so they supported me. I joined dance club, won the champion ship. After that I dyed my hair blonde and started doing what I want. Tried things out. Be it arts to science. When I reached Highschool I met Sakura and the others in the music club. They helped me out with everything until I met you. I saw my old self in you and I wanted you to live more. We only live once so I tried my best to persuade you, and to be honest I did not regret it. You Kang Hyewon is a person worth losing a life span for."

Hyewon started to detach herself from the hug. She wanted to stay beside Chaeyeon until the very last second but the blonde did not let her. The blonde urges her to continue the performance as she wanted to hear Hyewon sing for one last time. Hyewon could only cry and agree to that. She then slowly made her way back to the gymnasium and prepared with the music club.

The band started to play and Hyewon started to sing as her tears flow the same time the melody resonates in the gymnasium.

 

"I should have kissed her."

 

Chaeyeon sighs as she sits on the roof top with her back pressed against the rails, as she listens to Hyewon's angelic voice. 

 

The exact time the performance ended, Lee Chaeyeon left this world at the age of 17. 

 

After Chaeyeon's death. Hyewon continued to live the way  Haeyein has taught her. "Live life the way you wanted it." She left school and started a career in song writing. Soon after she became famous and everyone knew about her and her song that gives hope to people. She won awards, and hearts of millions. She has also became open into discussing her illness to everyone and it made her more happy along the way. She continues her career doing tours around the world.

After her peak, it was tome for her to settle. During the last remaining time left in her life. Hyewon retired from the industry and spent the remaining time with her family and close friends.

 

 

-

 

 

"She's so young." 

"Yes, she is."

"But something about her photo speaks to me. "

Yes, Hyewon died at the age of 21, but her face that was hung on her funeral was a face of a person whom has been happy and satisfied in life.

 

 

-

 

Okay! So I just finished this up amd I do hope you like this story as much as I like writing it up for all of you. I would love to see comments about your opinion in this work of mine. Also, Im so sorry about the angst, but it is a necessary element here so I do hope you all can forgive me, especially kangchaen nation. I will make it up to you all kangchaen shippers soon~

 

For now, I will rest up. I really hope you enjoy it~

 

uwu~