fin.

da-hyu-nie

the sky is so blue today, the clouds, they are soft and milky, I wonder if everyone thinks the same as me, I wonder if these people around me feels as easy as the skies.

as I look outside the window, the green grass would call me, the leaves of a tall tree falls as it waits for me. I humm a song, a familiar melody that gives me nostalgia of memories which I know never existed.

elders with their canes and walkers would wander around the yard, people on wheelchairs gather around in a small circle as a lady stands at the center, I cannot hear nor do I understand what she is saying, but I know all her words are good; words that would cheer you up, make you a better person.

I wait, since morning I wait, I am waiting for a girl in white, black as her hair color, and has a smile of an angel. I have never seen an angel in my life so I take her as an example of what could an angel look like.

her beauty can never be seen anywhere else, I am glad I get to see her everyday, every afternoon, when the sun starts to set, a girl with an average height would wander around, boxes of cupcakes held in her hands, she gives them to the elders and adults. she's a very kind person.

there she is.

she's not wearing white today, but she still looks gorgeous. she also changed her hair color. yesterday it was black, today it was... I don't know purple it is I guess? that color you see in eggplants. but as it goes higher to her scalp, the color gets lighter.

she is wearing casual clothes today, I was used to her in an all white outfit so I am struck by her beauty. black coat and white button up with a little ribbon near its chest, she is wearing a pair of black pants and boots too. I also didn't know she had a bad eye sight, but her round glasses fit her well.

of course she did not forget her boxes of cupcakes, yet she didn't give all of them away. 

all the boxes were red but there is one left, it was different. the box was all white and secured with a gold ribbon.

she's talking to a tall handsome young man who looks like an intelligent, rich but kind person. I cannot understand what she was saying, but she smiled, those were kind words I guess.

she stayed waiting outside my window, I only stared at her, she was so close yet so far for there is a window between us, and she is facing away from me, I only see her back, and her hair.

you can call me crazy, but it seems like she was waiting for me to come out and go to her. maybe she likes me or wants to give me a box of cupcakes.

my door opened after three knocks.

"miss minatozaki, miss kim wants to visit you."

I looked at the woman, emotionless, I didn't even flinch when she said those words. when I turned my head back to where I was staring earlier, my view was gone. cupcake lady is nowhere to be found.

bummer, I mumbled lowly, resting my head on the palm of my hand.

"sana."

a different voice this time, more feminine, less intimidating. I turned my head to where the voice was, and when I saw who it is, I giggled.

hello, I told her, I know I was smiling so genuinely, because she returned it back. she sits beside me, I gave her space, she holds my hand, I smile at her.

don't be scared, I told her. I don't bite, tell me why you came here for the first time after months of staring at my window from far away.

was she sad? her eyes were sparkly, they were pleading like a puppy as I stare longer at them. oh puppies, I like puppies.

"you saw me?" she asks, yes I saw you, because I was staring at you the whole time, so I sometimes see how you glance at me. I also wonder why.

she sighs, 'I was not ready.' I heard her say, I scratched my head at this, not ready for what?

call me oblivious, but I just didn't really know what she was talking about. I stare at her one more time, she stares back at me, "you don't remember sana-ya? dahyun, da-hyu-nie." she says very carefully, I followed her, chanting those three syllables back until they got stuck in my head.

da, hyu, nie. I mumble once more, and she hands me a box of cupcakes, that one with the gold ribbon.

 I want to walk outside, I told her and she smiled at me.

the sky is still so blue, the sun hasn't set yet. I don't know what time it is, but the elders look like they were enjoying their time eating away the cupcakes dahyunie gave.

I picked out one from the box, she helped me take off the thin paper sticking on the bread. I thank her with a smile, she accepts it with more smiles. 

the cupcake is lovely, I am pretty sure it has been so long since I ate a cupcake, or any kinds of cake. 

but each time I take a bite, it would feel like I just ate one yesterday.

not ready? I ask her out of the blue, our pace suddenly slowed down and when she looks at me, it was mere confusion that was on her face. 

you told me earlier, you weren't ready.

"ahh." she laughs, her laugh was so pure. "I was not ready to face you sana." 

why? was she mad at me? was I mad at her? 

"and why is that?" 

I have done something terribly wrong, and I still wonder why you can't remember any of that, I heard her say. she said each word very carefully, and her tune was more guilty than happy. 

"how can you do something terribly wrong when I see you all day everyday giving cupcakes to people, talking to them with a smile on your face, some of them even hugs you when you say goodbye. and it's my first time meeting you, I think you are very sweet, I adore you." I tell her, she stops walking.

I feel her squeeze in my hand, and when I looked at her, she was tearing up bowing her head down. what's wrong dahyunie? 

she smiles at me, her phone rang. I saw her sigh before answering it. 

she looks at me once again, cupping my face, her hand was so warm, it was also so soft. call me crazy, but my heart jumped so fast when she did that.

"eat your cupcakes, I will come back tomorrow." she said softly, walking closer towards me.

she kissed my lips, it was just a peck, yet it speaks almost a thousand words that she was not able to say awhile back.

I stare at her one more time as she takes a step back, "are you sure you'll come back tomorrow?" I asked.

"I work here." 

then she was walking away, I saw a tall handsome young man waiting for her. he looks like he is an intelligent, rich but a kind person. she didn't look back at me. 

"patient minatozaki, shall we go back to your room?" 

the sky is so blue today, the clouds, they are soft and milky, I wonder if everyone thinks the same as me, I wonder if these people I see feels as easy as the skies.

as I look outside the window, the green grass would call me, the leaves of a tall tree falls as it waits for me. I humm a song, a familiar melody that gives me nostalgia, of memories I thought never existed.

 

end.