Operation 2kim

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"I don’t know... what if she rejects me." Said Chaewon for the tenth time today. Yuri, the victim of Chaewon’s rant of the day was really reconsidering her friendship and her friend’s intelligence. Everyone who once looked at her two friends could tell they were both whipped for each other. Heck, even the clients of her coffee shop asked her if those two are finally together which she sighed as an answer. But here she was, for maybe 2 hours, listening to Chaewon mopping around claiming that she’ll never date anyone... well not really anyone but a specific someone.

 

 

"For god’s sake I swear -! Nevermind ..." Yuri started, ready to scold her friend but sighed seeing Chaewon’s sad face. Being in holiday means Chaewon going to Fallen Wood visiting her family while helping Yuri in her coffee shop far from Minjoo...  

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the same time

 

 

 

 

 

"But what if-"

 

"Yah I’m seriously going to hit you if you finish that sentence." Threatened Wonyoung at her older friend. Minjoo was in town visiting her family in Fallen Creek, she decided to stay at Wonyoung and Yujin’s apartment during her stay to catch up with the younger girls... that was the plan at least. But Wonyoung was seriously about to crash her head against a wall if her friend continued to rant about her crush on Chaewon ... 

 

 

 

At first it was cute and all... everyone were happy to see them in love. But that was before, now it was a torture for anyone listening to them. They lament themselves for hours with their only argument being a single sentence ‘what if she doesn’t like me’ which to be honest is the worst argument in their case because they are so whipped to each other. Today’s victim was Wonyoung who now regrets not joining Yujin buying groceries. Minjoo was talking about Chaewon like always, saying how wonderful she is and how she loves her, then one thing leading to another, she started saying that she doesn’t love her back and that she was just being delusional. It was like a monologue, ignoring Wonyoung’s replies every time she asked something out loud.

 

 

That has been going on for 5 years already. Since High school to be precise. Now, Minjoo is studying at the same University with Yujin and Wonyoung, she lives a bit further than them so she often stay at their place when she’s lazy to go back. Plus, the two younger girl’s live extremely close to her grandparents place which is the whole point in being in Fallen Creek. She’s only staying here 2 more days before going to Fallen Woods to visit her friends and her parents. She’ll go with Wonyoung and Yujin since the two also planned on going back and at least she won’t be alone for the two hours of train. 

All started in high school 5 years ago. 

 

 

Flashback 

 

 

 

Minjoo was a new girl to the small town, she moved from the capital to this small yet charming little city in the woods. She was pretty shy but it didn’t stop her from going on a walk around to familiarize herself with the surroundings especially when it’s her mom suggesting her to do so. She was thinking about tomorrow, her first day at school. Not in excitement but more in fear. When memories surged in her mind she quickly wiped the tears forming in her eyes. ‘No, it’s a new start. Stop thinking of the past and do great for your future’ she scolded herself repeating the same things again and again to convince herself. She saw a convenience store on the other side of the street and thought of buying herself an ice cream to cheer herself up a little. After Crossing the street and entering the small store, she was greeted with loud noises coming from the corner of the place. Taking a look around everything seemed normal, it was a regular convenience store like the ones she can find back in the capital. She looked at the counter and saw a red haired girl looking extremely pissed which scared her, following her eyes she saw three other girls, the source of the noise. One was eating snacks on the floor while playing video games, the other was screaming as she died in her game while the last one was laughing with a very very contagious laugh. She didn’t wanted to but soon a small laughed escaped which she covered not wanting attention on her. Remembering why she was here in first place she walked to the freezer and retrieved to her relief her favorite ice cream ‘this place is not so bad’. She made her way to the cash desk to pay only to realize that she forgot her wallet. The girl behind the counter didn’t notice her so she attempted to walk back to put the ice cream in the freezer and sneak away but of course ... it didn’t go her way. 

 

 

 

Minjoo was slowly walking back only to bump into someone behind her. "Sorr-" she started to apologize only to get cut off "Yah can’t you see where you go !!! Hurry up and pay there’s people waiting." Said the man annoyed. This caught the attention of the red haired girl, analyzing the situation she immediately glared at the man. "Sir, pay first" said Minjoo trying to avoid confrontation. The man clicked his tongue and walked in front purposely pushing Minjoo on his way making her fall. "Yah can’t you be more polite toward girls" said the cashier with anger. Sensing the commotion the three girls at the back of the store came closer to see what all this was about. Seeing Minjoo on the floor one of them helped her standing up. She mumbled a small thank and rushed out the store embarrassed. Not paying attention and focused on escaping the store she walked away not seeing the car coming her way. 

 

 

She turned her head and saw everything freeze. It went so slow and she was already mumbling apologies to her parents while closing her eyes waiting for the impact. All went faster when she suddenly felt someone catching her arm and yank her out the car’s way. She stumbled and fell in her savior’s embrace. They both fell down a bit roughly. 

 

 

"Yah Yah Yah ! Chaewon are you crazy " she heard a girl screaming for her friend. After regaining her senses Minjoo opened her eyes only to lost them in her savior’s own one. They warm brown filled with worry was enough to calm her ragged breathing from the shock but also to realize the situation. "Are you okay." Asked her savior leaving her voiceless. The voice was sweet and caring... 

 

 

But that was cut short when the girl stood up offering a hand to Minjoo who accepted it while looking away. "Wait here" said the red haired girl jogging back to the convenience store to reassure her friends. Minjoo was too overwhelmed with her emotions to actually process whatever was happening. 

 

 

 

In less than ten minutes the girl walked back to the frozen and lost Minjoo. Not saying anything she took her hand dragging her inside the store, what surprised Minjoo however was when her savior opened the backdoor leading to a small garden.. that for sure wasn’t something she’d find back in the capital. 

 

 

 

The girl made Minjoo sit down on a bench which she complied not knowing what to do. "I’m sorry for earlier" voiced the cashier... it took Minjoo aback looking at the girl with confusion written on her face. "What ..?" She asked not understanding the situation. "The guy earlier who pushed you." Simply answered the girl. "Ah  no no no don’t apologize for that it’s not even your fault, I should be the one apologizing and also thanking you for saving me " replied Minjoo avoiding the girl’s eyes.

 

 

It was an awkward silence, Minjoo noticed that the girl wasn’t wearing her working clothes anymore, not only that but the girl was also shorter than her, her feature were actually soft and- "wait here" said the girl running back inside the store leaving Minjoo confused again.

 

 

 

In less than 2 minutes she was back, she smiled at Minjoo who just looked away too shy to face the girl. She felt something cold touching her cheek and when she turned around the girl had a big grin plastered on her face. "Here for you." Said the girl handing her an ice cream. 

 

 

Her favorite one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter