hell yeah

UNCHANGEABLE
"what! so you haven't had yet?"
 
"shh! lower your voice!" seulgi looks around the office to make sure no one heard sunmi. "it's not like we never had before. it's just that we're waiting for their divorce papers to arrive before we do it."
 
"why?"
 
"she feels guilty if we do it while she's still legally married to the father of her kid."
 
"and so?" sunmi raises an eyebrow. "i'm sorry. i don't get the point. you're okay with yerim now. what is she still feeling guilty for?"
 
"i don't know..." seulgi shrugs. "maybe that's how she wants to show her respect to junmyeon and yerim before the court finalises everything."
 
sunmi hums. "but her ex-husband-to-be is already screwing another woman, right?"
 
"well..." seulgi shrugs again, but realises she run out of answers. "look. i respect joohyun and her decision, whatever it is."
 
"sweet." sunmi playfully jabs her. "but i'm curious... is she allowing you to kiss her?"
 
seulgi nods. "everything is allowed until here." she draws an imaginary line across her waist.
 
"ooh. hot. i suppose that means you make out a lot." sunmi picks some papers from the nearby table and fixes it. "and then sleep it off after?" she chuckles.
 
"are you mocking me?" asks seulgi, annoyed.
 
"chill!" sunmi's still laughing. "i'm sorry." another laugh. "i admire you, really. this must be tough for you." seulgi was about to speak but sunmi interrupts her. "i know you respect her decision. that's totally fine. i'm actually amazed at how you two can control it."
 
"well, i've to admit there were times we almost... snapped," seulgi admits. "the recent one was a few days ago. remember it was raining the other night? we were making out and got carried away. she usually stops me whenever my hands get playful. but that night she allowed me to take her top off."
 
sunmi's eyebrows rose. "take it off like... half- in front of you?"
 
"yup."
 
"then what happened?"
 
"joohyun's terrified of thunders." seulgi chuckles. "we lost the momentum after a loud thunder disturbed us."
 
"you should have coaxed her back after she calmed down."
 
seulgi shakes her head. "unfortunately, yerim's terrified of thunders too. she came knocking at the door. joohyun had to rush to get herself dressed. the three of us slept together that night."
 
"what a tragic story." sunmi sighs. "do you think you would go down that road if the thunder didn't happen?"
 
"can't say. i always stop whenever i feel like i'm taking it too far. i don't want to push her into it."
 
"well, you don't need to push her. you can make her want it too and let her lose self-control."
 
seulgi looks at sunmi. "what do you mean?"
 
"have you ever tried seducing her? not the bold way but the subtle way."
 
a lightbulb pops into seulgi's mind. "how?"
 
"show some skin but don't strip off. embrace her, then let go. give her sensual touches, then pull back. kiss her but don't give in. you know, it's like giving her a taste of something nice then taking it back so she would want more. make her lust for you."
 
seulgi blinks. "are you sure that will work?"
 
sunmi laughs. "just try it. let's see how long she can keep her hands to herself."
 
---
 
seulgi hears sunmi's voice as she stands in front of joohyun's door.
 
'show some skin but don't strip off.'
 
turning the doorknob, she takes in a deep breath. "let's see how this will roll."
 
the sight of joohyun reading a book on her bed greets seulgi. "hey. how's the class?"
 
seulgi leans over to kiss her lover's forehead. "usual. i have another project to focus on for the coming weekend. you? how's work?"
 
joohyun smiles. "the kid i was telling you about got discharged today. i'm gonna miss that cute little boy, but i'm glad he's better now."
 
"that's great." seulgi s her flannel. "it seems you enjoy working more after getting assigned in the pedia ward, huh?"
 
joohyun nods. "kids and babies are just so cute."
 
seulgi lies on the bed next to joohyun. the movement causes her flannel to open, exposing her torso. but she masks the intention with a sigh.
 
"you okay?" asks joohyun, putting her book down. seulgi can feel her girlfriend's eyes on her.
 
"yeah. just tired. there was a heavy traffic jam going back here."
 
joohyun crawls on top of her. "hmm. why don't you change now and then let's have dinner after?"
 
"you haven't eaten yet?" seulgi's arms wraps automatically around joohyun's waist.
 
"i was waiting for you. but i fed yerim earlier."
 
seulgi remembers sunmi's words again, 'embrace her, then let go.'
 
she flips their bodies around. "thank you for waiting for me." she kisses the woman as her hands playfully run along joohyun's legs.
 
'give her sensual touches, then pull back. kiss her but don't give in.'
 
this went on for about a minute. joohyun's reacting to the touch, her hands clutching seulgi's back.
 
'pull back. don't give in.'
 
even if she doesn't want to, seulgi slowly pulls away. she gives one last kiss to mark the end of their session. "let's eat? i'm hungry."
 
joohyun could only nod. she looks like she was left in the middle of something.
 
smirking, seulgi pushes herself up. "i'll go change."
 
---
 
something is weird today.
 
after seulgi came from the city, she meets up with joohyun, yerim, and joohyun's mom in the mall that afternoon for grocery shopping. since she arrived, joohyun has been touchy in a way that seulgi would classify as subtle sensual. and the smirk the comes off joohyun's face whenever she does something tells seulgi that those are intentional.
 
now seulgi's sure joohyun has already caught up with her plans of teasing.
 
---
 
"okay. spill. what's up with all that teasing?" seulgi asks once they get back in the room.
 
joohyun chuckles. "i don't know what you're talking about."
 
"oh i know you were up to something, woman." seulgi grabs joohyun's thighs and carries her up over the bed.
 
"what?"
 
"i dunno, but i know there is something." seulgi leans down for a quick kiss and pulls back, propping her elbows on the bed to look down at her girlfriend. "running your fingers along my nape, breathing into my ear, and even rubbing your foot against my leg while we're having dinner. you were teasing me, weren't you?"
 
"i don't recall doing any of that." joohyun giggles. "and why are you talking like you haven't been teasing me these past few days, huh? you think i didn't notice?"
 
seulgi laughs. "were you teased?"
 
"well, you did a pretty good job."
 
"so... does that mean that you teasing me back now means we can finally...?"
 
joohyun glances in the direction of the bedside table and smiles at seulgi. "finally what?"
 
"oh you know..."
 
joohyun says nothing. she grasps seulgi's left arm, squeezing it lightly. "i'm happy today."
 
"about?"
 
"this. us." she looks up at seulgi. "you. me." she brushes away a stray hair from seulgi's face. "i know a lot has happened to us since we broke up. i even tried to live a life with another person. but it has always been you, seulgi. all this time, it has been you, and it will always be you."
 
seulgi feels her heart warming up. "what did i ever do to deserve you?"
 
joohyun shakes her head. "what did i ever do to deserve you? you're an amazing person. and i still ask myself sometimes why you keep wanting me when you can find others who are single and free."
 
it's seulgi who shakes her head now. "you know i tried. but you set the bar too high."
 
joohyun chuckles.
 
"i'm not kidding!" says seulgi. "you did more than loving me. as i said before, you saved me. not just once, twice, but you saved my life, my sanity. and you're still doing that until now. i don't think i could find another who would do the same for me. you never gave up on me despite everything, and i am thankful for that."
 
"good to know, because i have no plans of letting you go." joohyun's hand travels to seulgi's nape. "never again."
 
"don't worry. i don't have plans of breaking up with you again. never again."
 
"good." then joohyun pulls seulgi down for a soft kiss.
 
when they pull back, seulgi asks, "so, about my question earlier..." she runs her fingers on joohyun's collarbone. "are you okay with us doing it tonight?"
 
joohyun chuckles, pulling away from seulgi to stand up. seulgi stays on the bed as she watches joohyun strip off her blouse and skirt.
 
"what are you planning?" seulgi asks now that joohyun's in her undies.
 
joohyun smirks. "shower." she walks to the bathroom and stops to turn to seulgi. "by the way, i have a present for you waiting in the drawer." she nods her head to the direction of the bedside table.
 
seulgi points at the drawer to confirm. joohyun nods.
 
"i'll go shower now," says joohyun before closing the door. seulgi didn't miss the teasing tone in her girlfriend's voice, shaking her head as she opens the said drawer.
 
the drawer contains nothing in particular but papers. she looks further inside and underneath to make sure she didn't miss whatever it is until her eyes catch the words typed on the top paper.
 
'divorce decree.'
 
she picks it and reads it, her eyes skimming through the phrases: final judgement decree, and order, having come before the court, done and ordered...
 
she puts the paper down, her eyes wide. "honey..." she calls.
 
"yes?" joohyun peeks from the bathroom door.
 
"this...?"
 
"yeah?"
 
"you are...?"
 
joohyun giggles. "wanna join me?"
 
seulgi stands up and takes off her shirt and pants in a hurry.
 
"hell yeah!"
 
 
 
- fin -