EP1: On the Cheek

A Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

EP1:

 

Baekhyun ran to the back garden of the main building. Chanyeol had told him prior that it's where he would find him. 

That place - everyone knew what that place is. It's where people go to confess their feelings to someone. It's where couples are born, where feelings connect.

That place was sacred ground.


Baekhyun didn't exactly know why Chanyeol asked him to go there. His best friend is unpredictable that way, makes decisions on a whim, does things before thinking about the consequences. Baekhyun knows because these are some of the things he loves about him. If not being by his side for the last 12 years was another reason.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun have been friends since the young age of 6. They met in gradeschool, Baekhyun being a transfer from a far off place. Chanyeol was the first friend he made, and he was the one who stuck with him for so long. Their parents have gotten along so well too that it was more than enough to seal the deal. Now years later, Baekhyun is recognized as one of them, the same way his family finds Chanyeol as a part of his own. It's a pretty amusing setup, living beside one another. The both of them could come and go as they pleased, neither of their families were against anything they did so long as they did it together.

Somehow Baekhyun had grown to love Chanyeol along those years. Maybe his parents noticed, maybe Chanyeol's parents did too, but if they did, they never said anything about it. They sometimes hint encouragements however, and that was something which was said even in Chanyeol's presence. Baekhyun was grateful for it, but it sometimes left him worried that Chanyeol might find someone because of it, though that isn't something he would selfishly voice. If Chanyeol found someone before he ever got his chance, Baekhyun would cheer for him instead. 

Love is patient, as his mother said. It's kind and never selfish.

So when his best friend told him to find him at the backyard garden, Baekhyun knew something big was gonna happen.

Was Chanyeol gonna confess to someone? Maybe someone was confessing to his best friend? Baekhyun wondered over and over again as he ran over.

What he didn't expect was to find the backyard garden all made up, heart cut-outs of different shades of pink hanging on a string are tied on the tree's branches, there's an open guitar case leaning on the tree, the sun was shining

Please log in to read the full chapter