The Third Sister

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy had stirred from the depths of her sleep after feeling a pool of dampness on the pillow underneath her head. A mini puddle of drool had collected and soaked the pillow. Ew.

Thank god it was still dark. That saved Wendy from her embarrassment.

Wendy honestly didn't remember how she got so comfortable sleeping with Irene. But she knew that she was exhausted beyond her means the night before. That would perfectly explained why she had drooled. The blonde would only drool when her energy had maxed out. She was certain that dealing with Irene was the reason why.

She turned to face Irene. It was strange to think that she was on the same bed with a stranger. And in the house of the stranger's grandfather. It was even stranger to think that she had spent the past five hours in Irene's warm embrace.

Like a rebellious child trying to sneak out of the house, Wendy stealthily clambered out of bed, turning the knob as quietly as possible. Her stomach was grumbling, and she wondered if there was anything she could find in the kitchen that was safe to eat. To her surprise, she saw Yeri nestled comfortably on the sofa. The youngest sister was munching on popcorn while watching the television.

"You're up way too early."

"And you're way past your bedtime."

Yeri let out a chuckle, eyes twinkling with amusement. She patted on the space next to her. "Come over. We can watch Okja together."

Wendy was amused. "I didn't think you're into those sort of films."

"Knock, knock, surprise!" Yeri responded with a laugh. "Well yeah, I didn't think you'd sleep with my sister but you did."

"I can't sleep on the floor alone."

Yeri raised an eyebrow, stunned by the revelation. "You mean, you guys sleep on the same bed?"

"Yeah... You mean you weren't implying that we slept on the same bed when you asked me that?"

"I thought you guys weren't into each other."

"We aren't. But she caused me a lot of trouble so I deserve some space on that huge bed otherwise it is underutilised."

It was hard not to be drawn in by Wendy's carefree personality. It was as if Wendy really gave no damn about what others had to say. "Damn, you're a smart one."

"Thank you," Wendy beamed. "You're quite generous with your compliments. Irene hasn't even apologised to me for all the hassle she's caused. A 'thank you' would do too since I helped her."

"Don't bother waiting for her apology. Also, she never says thank you. Ever."

 

"I have decided that from now on, every weekend, all of you will overnight at my house."

Wendy almost choked on her orange juice. What a morning to start with, really. She had wanted to reply with a 'What?!' but there was not way it would come off polite. She darted angry glares at Irene who looked indifferent, as if unaffected by Soo Man's ridiculous decision. 

"It's not feasible. We all have our own commitments," Irene replied calmly. 

Wendy breat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter