Three Rs

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You've been spending a bulk of your days in the week at Irene's office. Any progress between you two?" Joy asked as she sprayed toner on her face then lightly tapping her face to even it out.

Wendy had just put on her Dr. Jart facial mask. It had been awhile since she used the porecting solution mask, and as of late her skin didn't feel as clear and clean. "Well, I think we argue less now. It's not so tiring to deal with her these days."

"I've seen her pictures on the Internet. She's hot."

"She's hot... headed," Wendy had to add. "Has a short fuse and a terrible temper."

"Damn, months have passed and she still sounds horrible. Then what's the deal with you and that old man Soo Man?"

"The agreement has already been made. I just have to stay with her as her fake fiancee until she changes the way she runs her department."

"And you think it's easy to do that? You do know an adult's mindset isn't malleable like a child's right? They aren't blank canvass, you're going to have a hard time changing her mindset."

Wendy shrugged. "It doesn't hurt to try."

"You don't owe them anything though, Wendy. I mean initially you worked with her to trick the old man, and now you're working with the old man to trick her instead." Upon realising how mindblowing that sounded, Joy gasped. "Damn, that's twisted as hell. Irene's gonna flip if she finds out."

"She won't dare to."

"Because no one messes with Son Seungwan?"

"Exactly."

Joy smiled briefly, until a grim expression flitted over her face. "I don't know if you're doing the right thing, Wendy." She was apprehensive about the entire deal. It just felt like the whole fake engagement was getting dragged further unnecessarily. 

"I don't know what I'm doing honestly," Wendy admitted. "An old man asked for a favour. I couldn't reject him. I don't have the heart to."

"He's going to die soon. It doesn't hurt to reject his favour."

"That's extremely insensitive." Wendy chided Joy, appalled at her bestfriend's thoughtless remark. "And you call yourself an empathetic educator."

"I'm just kidding!" Joy raised her arms as if she was about to surrender. "Anyway, you seem to care for Irene a lot more than you think. Just protect yourself first, alright? I don't want you to get hurt."

 

Irene eyed Wendy's movement as the blonde rearranged furnitures at the corner of her private office. She was placing a fluffy beige rug to demarcate the area.

An hour ago, Wendy came into Irene's office with two boxes of items and a big bean bag chair. She had asked Irene to indicate which corner could be used to set-up the cool down corner. Irene had marked the corner at the far left, away from the view of her employees.

"Ah, you're really scared if your employees discover there's a cool down corner, don't you? Are you embarrassed, Miss Bae?"

ing hell. How Irene wished she could wipe the cocky smile off Wendy's face.

While Wendy was busy setting the corner up, Irene couldn't help but notice how purple the area was slowly becoming. She wondered if Wendy had somehow found out that her favourite colour was purple.

"Done!" Wendy exclaimed. "Come here ice princess, I have your corner ready for use."

Irene dragged herself to the corner with her arms crossed. "Okay, now explain what you have."

"This corner is called the 3Rs. Reflect, redirect and recharge," Wendy began as she pointed out to the three clearly marked mini areas labelled with each word. "This 'Reflect' area consists of the purple bean bag. It's for you to sit and reflect on what you've done wrong."

"What I've done wrong?" Irene asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah. Like when you make your employees cry, then you would have to sit on this bean bag. It's called the thinking chair. For you to reflect on your actions. And how they ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter