The Reconsideration

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's intercom buzzed and she immediately got it on speaker. "Dude, your gramp's here," informed Seulgi in a hushed voice.

Instantly, Irene's eyes flitted to the glass door, and caught sight of Soo Man clad in off-white linen shirt and grey pants. He had his favourite murky green fedora on and was holding his walking stick on one hand to aid him in walking. 

Wendy swiveled her chair around to take a look too.

"Good afternoon, grandfather," both Irene and Wendy greeted in harmony as soon as Soo Man entered the private office.

"Good afternoon ladies," Soo Man beamed. "What a pleasure to see you here, Wendy."

"My fiancee's quite clingy..." Wendy quipped.

"My Irene is totally smitten, isn't she?"

"I shall not refute since the two of you are ganging up on me." Irene didn't even want to try, she knew what the outcome would be. 

"Have you guys eaten?" Soo Man asked. 

"I had lunch before coming over to see Irene."

"I'm not hungry."

"Shall we go for an afternoon tea at the North Wing? There's good tea and madeleines there," Soo Man suggested. 

"You guys can go ahead, I have work to do," Irene responded. 

Soo Man peered at Wendy with a smile. "Mind accompanying me, Wendy?"

"Sure."

 

"Have you ever been to this wing?" Soo Man inquired as he sipped on his cup of Golden Earl Grey tea.

"I haven't been to other wings except the East," Wendy answered truthfully.

"I'm not surprised that that fool hasn't brought you around. I'll give you a private tour after this. I'll let you see how Jessica and Tiffany run each wing their way."

Wendy was stunned, although she knew it shouldn't come off as a shock since Soo Man's company was a big corporation. "Each wing their way?" 

"Irene has the East Wing. The South Wing belongs to Jessica, and North belongs to Tiffany, which is where we are now." Soo Man smiled proudly. "As you can see, Tiffany's side of the building clearly has much better aesthetics. I like the bright atmosphere here, with the ample natural light filtering through the glass panels."

Wendy was more surpised that Soo Man had allocated an entire building to his granddaughter-in-law. "How about the West Wing?"

"Jessica oversees it. Yeri will be taking charge of that tower once she's done with her degree. She's been trained since the start of her freshman year in university, so I am sure Yeri can cope just fine once the handover is done."

"You do have capable people taking over your business," Wendy complimented. "And Tiffany must have been outstanding for her to be given such a huge responsibility in running a tower on her own."

"Oh yeah, that girl is. She's in charge of corporate law. She takes charge of the contracts that come in from our clients and keen partners. As a leader, she delegates tasks to her subordinates well. She trusts them and in turn they produce quality for her. We have our annual company dinner, and her department always win the grand award."

"I thought Irene, the overachiever would win it."

"That fool isn't interested in such things. She told me it adds no value, and is a waste of time," Soo Man heaved a dramatic sigh. "She still joins in though, just to uphold her image as the COO of the company."

"Why am I not surprised," Wendy cackled, drawing a laugh from Soo Man as well. 

"Anyway, have you told Irene that I know about your fake engagement?" Soo Man asked, initiating a new topic as he dipped a madeleine into his tea.

That question suddenly reminded Wendy of her earlier intention to tell Irene the truth. "I haven't," she replied, sliding a quick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter