Russian Roulette.

The witch of ReveFestival.

“I don’t get it, you’re supposed to be rougher, unnie” Yeri complained, following Irene to her room.

“I made her cry, that’s enough” The witch uttered, bothered by Yeri’s comment.

“I’m not talking about Joy… I’m talking about Seulgi…” The younger clarified, entering the leader’s room.

“What do you want me to do? I’m making her suffer just fine” The beauty said, trying to sound convincing.

“You may have fooled them but you can’t fool me. I know there’s no such thing as ‘being the chosen one’, you just made up an excuse to not get rid of her… but why?” Yeri smirked. “I wonder how long it will take the other to find out your secret…” She teased, making Irene’s blood boil.

Shut your mouth, Kim Yerim” The older said between her teeth, grasping firmly the younger’s right arm.

“Don’t you dare use that name against me” Yeri backfired, defying her superior. “You might be the unnie here but you don’t hold any power, you’re becoming more and more weak… and for the sake of what? Seulgi? She’s never going to love you, not after all you’ve done to her”

“Don’t talk to me about her. You don’t know her” Irene tried to defend the hunter, but Yeri knew too much.

“You don’t know her either, you’re just doing this with the hope of her falling in love with you… you are not in control anymore” The younger said.

It really made Irene angry, all the things that Yeri said… were true. She sighed, let go of the other’s arm and slowly walked in front of her mirror. She saw her reflection, looked straight into her eyes. Roamed her eyes all over her face, neck, down to her arms and fingertips. Not a single wrinkle could be spotted. How can Seulgi not fall for me if I’m this beautiful? She thought. But beauty isn’t everything and she knew it. She gazed back up, sadness flooding her eyes.

“I’m always in control” She said, discretely wiped a tear and exited her room, walking past the younger.

When Irene left the room, Yeri stayed for a little while, trying to think of a way to get her cold-blooded leader back. “Yeri” a feminine voice caught her attention.

“Who’s there?” The small girl asked, roaming the room.

“Here, Yeri, in the mirror” The lady said once again, attracting the girl.

“So, you’re the one who speaks to Irene unnie?” The younger asked, trying to get a better look of the lady’s features that were blurry on the reflection.

“Indeed. But lately I think just the same as you… I think that she’s losing control and I want to give you her power”

“Really?” Yeri excitedly asked.

“Of course, you just have to promise me you’ll help me instead of her from now on…” The cunning woman offered.

“Okay”

 

“Joy!” Wendy yelled her name as she sprinted on the living room. “Oh my God, Joy” She exclaimed, tightly hugging her girlfriend.

“What happened, Joy? Why are you crying?” Seulgi said with a worried frown on her face, she slowly approached the lovers and rubbed Joy’s back.

“Irene…” The taller girl said, between her sobs. “She made me believe I was never going to see you again”

“No, no” Wendy cooed. “Look at me, babe” She softly requested, cupping her hands on the other’s cheeks. “I’m never leaving you, I will always be by your side”

The scene was absolutely heartwarming, but not for Seulgi. By now, she was enraged and seeing the couple interact in this way made her even hate Irene. There was nothing right with playing with a person’s feelings and even if the hunter passed only days with the girls, they held a special place in her heart. The monolided girl angrily stormed through the house, looking for the witch and found her in the kitchen, looking out of the window that was above the sink.

“Now’s not a good time, Seulgi” Irene said, eyes glued to the window.

“You don’t get to tell me when I can or can’t speak” Seulgi grunted. “Look at me!” She snapped, clenched fists. She just couldn’t stand injustice.

“Can you calm down? I would never physically hurt Joy, she was spying on me, I just wanted to scare her off”

“Irene, look at me” The monolided girl requested once again, but this time she unclenched her fists as she sensed something was wrong.

The leader sighed upon not being able to get Seulgi off of her, lowered her head and turned around to face her. The hunter could see the trail of tears marked on the beauty’s cheeks, she frowned, remembering the time when the witch snapped at her for crying.

“Why are you crying?” Hunter Kang asked, almost with a soft tone.

“Why do you care? I thought you were here to nag at me and tell me how much you hate me now” Irene said, her hopes where lost and tears were falling.

“It wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t ask you how you’re feeling” The younger said, slowly getting closer to the leader. “I already know you tried to push Joy away, but why push me?”

“I don’t understand” The beauty mumbled, confused.

“I came here hating you… that’s true, but I’ve never seen you cry and I convinced myself you were emotionless… why are you crying?” The taller said, leaning her head lower and closer to the small witch.

“You could never love me” The tiny beauty sobbed, covering her face in embarrassment.

“Love?” Seulgi asked, she was far beyond confused now. “I’m flattered, Irene, but we only met two days ago… how can you love me?”

“You don’t understand” The leader said, regulating her breathing.

“Then make me understand” Hunter Kang almost pleaded, gently gripping the witch’s chin between her thumb and index finger, slowly lifting her head to have better eye contact.

“Stop…”

The monolided girl surely was confused by her own actions, she was never bold, maybe a little flirty but never this touchy. Irene was even more confused, it’s true that she wanted Seulgi for herself, hoped for her to fall in love after all that they have been through, but now that she had her, she wasn’t sure of anything. The hunter didn’t take her eyes off of the porcelain skinned beauty in front of her, instead she analyzed every inch of her face, she got hypnotized by her features, got high on her eyes and was drunk on her scent. The small leader was perpetually lost in those feline eyes of Seulgi’s, eyes that weren’t threatening despite their sharp nature, eyes that were gazing tenderly at her, making her blush.

For a moment, they ignored their situation. Ignored that they were trapped in the house, ignored what Irene just did, ignored that naturally, they were enemies. “You know, the first time I saw you I thought you were beautiful… and as the days passed I only developed more feelings for you… feelings that I might not understand and that are difficult to express… to the point where I thought you put a spell on me” Hunter Kang chuckled. “But now I don’t think that’s the case, because you wouldn’t be talking about love”

“But what if I actually put a spell on you?” The witch asked, immediately regretting it as she recognized her tendency to ruin things to push people away kicking in.

“Then I have to say that among all the other spells, this is my favorite”

The small beauty was taken by surprise, she expected Seulgi to snap and break the moment but clearly, she didn’t. Instead, she smiled sweetly at her. “You-you don’t know what you’re saying” The leader stuttered.

“I don’t think you’re dangerous anymore… and I promised I was going to get you out of this mess too, don’t push me away”

“You’re just confused, this was never a good idea”

“What are you talking about?”

“You can’t do this, it’s not real… you’re playing with me”

“Oh, so now you’re the one doubting me? Am I really the one not to be trusted here?”

There was a silence in the kitchen, an awkward silence. By this time, Seulgi asked herself how nobody was interrupting them but wasn’t aware of the couple listening closely to them behind the kitchen’s wall.

“This is it, Wendy… we have to get rid of her now that she’s distracted” Joy whispered.

“We can’t do that… I think Seulgi is planning to side with her now, we need to save her first” Wendy whispered back.

“I don’t think she would do that!” The taller whispered a scream.

“Wait, why are they quiet?”

Hunter Kang slowly leaned closer to the witch, erasing the gap between them. Irene panicked, fully knowing what was going to happen, but didn’t have the power to stop her. She looked down at her plumpy pink lips and then up to her half-opened eyes, looking down at her lips like a tiger gazing at its prey. Finally, the monolided girl softly pressed her lips against the witch’s in a sweet innocent kiss.

“No…” The tiny beauty said, slowly and gently breaking the kiss.

“Why?” That was all that the younger’s mouth could utter.

“Because love is stupid, it makes you do things you don’t want to, it makes you hurt people… no matter how much I think and convince myself that this is the right way for us… loving you is like a ing Russian roulette Seulgi!”

 

Mental note: she always… ALWAYS casts spells when angry, hunter Kang said to herself. She opened her eyes to reveal a kind of colorful school gym, checked her clothes and hair color as usual and learned that this time, it was tennis ‘themed’ and her hair was orange… like all the way carrot orange. “I have no idea what is wrong with your taste but I SWEAR TO GOD if you’re like this when we date-“

“When we date, huh?” Wendy asked, walking into the gym with a disgustingly vexing smirk.

“I told you she was being brainwashed, Wendy” Joy didn’t take long in making her appearance too.

“Were you guys listening to us?”

“Why dating, Seulgi?” The shorter asked, this time more serious.

The hunter sighed. “IthinkImaytlikeher” She mumbled.

“What was that?” The taller asked, irritated.

“I said that I may like her”

“You know how you use ‘may’, that’s funny, hilarious actually, as if we didn’t see you two kiss back in the-“

“You spied us to the point of seeing us kissing!?” Seulgi interrupted Joy.

“Oh my God, Joy…” Wendy said as she facepalmed.

“What? We need to be honest”

“Listen here, you little s!”

The three girls quickly turned to face an arrogant Yeri, standing in front of them, arms on her hips.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” Irene asked, entering the gym.

“Shut up, grandma” The youngest teased, grabbing a yellow dodge ball that was lying on the on the floor, throwing it mercilessly at the leader.

“Wait, what the !?” Joy exclaimed. “We need to get out of here, something’s wrong” She finished as she saw Irene’s unconscious body hitting the floor.

“Seulgi, go grab your girlfriend! Quick!” Wendy commanded, smirking.

“Are you seriously-“ The monolided girl was about to complain but was cut off by her friend.

“Go! We have no time!”

Hunter Kang quickly approached the witch and carried her bridal style out of the gym. As soon as the girls opened the doors, they saw a room containing only a bed. “Here, lay her down” Joy suggested, signaling to the bed. The older nodded and delicately placed the tiny beauty on the bed to rest.

“So, how come Yeri is now a witch?” Wendy asked, nervously looking through a frosted glass door. “Wait… this door wasn’t here… was it?” She asked, pointing at it.

“We definitely entered through gym doors…” Seulgi said.

“Joy” The shortest called.

“Right behind you” Her girlfriend answered, following Wendy as she exited the room.

“Wait, what about me?” The monolided girl complained as she wanted to be part of the action too.

“Stay here and watch over Irene” Wendy yelled.

“Great” The hunter sighed.

“Why did you tell her to stay there? Aren’t we supposed to snap her out of Irene’s control?” Joy asked her girlfriend.

“I don’t think she is being controlled” The shorter said.

“Uhm, hello? We’re trapped with two witches now… one of them put a spell on her and I can bet you know who was it” The taller sarcastically remarked.

“Irene didn’t put a spell on her, now stop with the conspirations” The older tried to convince her girlfriend.

“Okay but when we discover she did, I’m going to enjoy telling you a big fat ‘I told you so’” Joy assured. “We didn’t see Irene kissing her, it was Seulgi the one who kissed her. Don’t you think that’s something strange knowing that she’s been with us for only two days tops? Either she’s on a spell or she really falls in love easily”

 

“Seulgi?” Irene whispered.

“What did you do?” The younger asked, sitting on the bed beside her.

The witch rubbed her eyes and opened them slowly. “What do you mean?”

“Why is Yeri a witch now?” The monolided girl asked, kind of distrusting the leader.

“She’s betraying me” The older muttered, jerking her body up.

“But you’re the main witch… only you can turn them into real witches…” Seulgi said.

“I’m not… I’m not the main witch” Irene whispered but was audible enough for the other to hear it.

“What?”

“You know how some people would sell their soul to the devil for something like power, fame, money?” The beauty said and the hunter nodded. “Well, I did”

 

“Joy?” Wendy called.

A moment ago, they were running together to catch Yeri but Wendy got distracted in the locker room and when she came out, Joy was nowhere to be found. She paced near the pool, trying to find a way out.

“I thought that when Irene unnie separated you guys it was because she wasn’t powerful enough to deal with you at the same time… but now I know it’s because is more fun to make you suffer one by one” The young witch said, approaching Wendy.

“Don’t come near me, I swear I will push you” The older adverted, pointing her finger to the other.

“Will you? There’s no water in the pool, I can die instantly… don’t you have a little mercy?” Yeri tried to play with Wendy’s mind, testing her.

“No” The older said, pushing her to the pool.

 After Yeri hit the cold hard floor, she looked up to see Wendy walking away from the scene. “So… it worked out… I really am a witch” She grinned. The whole point of teasing the older into pushing her was to prove her spell and to make sure she didn’t feel any pain, just as the mirror lady promised. She sat herself and chuckled, this was the feeling of power she longed for.

 

“Why can’t you tell me?” Seulgi angrily asked, pacing back and forth while a very concerned Irene just stared at her from the bed.

“I’m not ready to tell you about that” The small beauty said, looking away.

“Can you trust me?” The hunter asked, kneeling in front of the older.

“Yes, I do… but I’m not ready. All that you need to know is that I’m not the main witch and that that other tricked Yeri into betraying me to make me pay for my weakness” The leader said.

“Joy told us about the ‘Kang’ thing and that’s my family name so I think I deserve-“

“Truth will get to you eventually” Irene interrupted the younger, placing her index finger on her soft pink lips.

“Do you hear that?” Hunter Kang whispered, turning to look at the door.

“Someone’s coming, quick, hide under the bed!” Irene hurried, gripping the other’s wrist, pulling her under the bed.

Seugli lied inches apart from the witch, facing her beautiful visage. Quietly, she ran a finger on her cheek, moving away a lock of hair that was blocking her view. The older blushed because of the sudden soft touch and closed her eyes as her heart started racing. It felt so good to be in held by Seulgi, touched by Seulgi. The admirer placed the lock of hair behind her ear, gently brushing her fingertip on the other’s velvet skin back to her cheek, resting her whole palm on it. Her curious thumb sweetly explored the leader’s lips, lovingly rubbing them.

“Nosy ” Yeri said as she aggressively threw a body on the bed, making the hiding girls jump. She sighed, walked to the door and exited the room, leaving Irene and Seulgi looking at each other in fear. They finally decided to take a peek, sliding out of the bed.

“Wendy!” The monolided girl exclaimed, quickly standing up and the older followed.

“I never harmed the girls… why is she doing this?” The small beauty questioned, turn to the frosted glass door and caught a distorted glimpse of the young witch walking away.

She turned around to focus her attention on Wendy when she saw Seulgi trying to choke her to death. “What are you doing???!!!” She yelled, pushing the hunter, breaking her grip.

“Don’t you get it? We need to eliminate her!” The younger snapped.

“What are you saying? She is your friend!” The shorter tried to change the other’s mind but suddenly, she started feeling weird. It was like if she was programed… with only one mission: killing Wendy. The girls looked at each other for a brief moment and nodded, then proceeded to grab the bed, pushing it outside the room. Wendy was still unconscious and unaware of the fact that a car appeared out of nowhere and as soon as the vehicle made contact with the younger, Seulgi snapped out of it, but she was now sitting on the floor, in a completely different room.

In front of her was Joy, waiting for the hunter to do her makeup. Strangely enough, the monolided girl didn’t question it nor think it twice, she started doing the taller’s makeup. Words were never spoken and the last thing hunter Kang saw was a huge refrigerator falling on the other girl.

Irene appeared sitting on the tennis court, peacefully reading a book, as she roamed her eyes in the content, she tried to tie the words together. It was a crime book depicting series of murders in fun ways, for some reason she remembers doing something, something bad. Joy patiently aims for the leader and in no time hits the tennis ball directing it right to her head, then Yeri appears and throws more balls at her.

The tiny beauty snaps out of it and now fully aware of the situation as she remembers what happened, she stood in front of a locker with Yeri, Wendy and Joy by her side. “Stop this, Yeri” She commanded.

“Calm down, unnie. I don’t want to replace you; I just need you to be focused like always” The younger witch said.

“I am focused” The older grunted.

“Then how come you haven’t casted a spell against me yet?”

“I just don’t feel like it”

“Wrong, you’re distracted, that’s why we’re going to eliminate Seulgi”

Irene was about to disagree but lost all ability to speak, instead the four of them straightened their arms to reach the lockers, pushing them creating a domino effect that pushed the remaining lockers. Seulgi was unaware of it and peacefully walked to the last of the lockers to put her tennis racket inside.

“Ah! !” Joy exclaimed. The image and sound of a tennis ball hitting the dining table make her and the other three girls jump in surprise. They were snapped back into reality, looking at each other as the were sitting at the table.

“Yeri, stop this!” Wendy shouted.

“Not until you finish dinner!” The younger hyped, signaling at the plates in front of the girls. Plates full of colorful screws, bolts and nuts flooded in milk.

“What the ” Joy said in disgust, carefully inspecting the plate. “Not to say that Irene is better but she never made us eat screws”

“I’m tired of you, revertere” Irene said and everyone was transported back to the house in a horrible blurry spiral.

“Why didn’t you do this earlier?” Wendy complained, holding her head because of the dizziness.

“Because I needed to test her powers, I needed to see if she was stronger than me” The leader said, recovering from the bad trip and walking to her room.

“Wait, so she is stronger than you?” Wendy asked but the older ignored her.

The small beauty entered her room and didn’t even bother to close the door anymore, she walked straight to the mirror and took it down without hesitation, turned it to face the wall and placed it on the floor.

“You’re worried” Seulgi said, quietly stepping inside.

“This wasn’t supposed to happen” Irene sighed.

“Things can happen… that’s just life”

“I control my life”

“Nobody actually controls their life… we’re just awaiting for chaos or something good to happen”

“No, this is why I made the deal, to control everything”

Hunter Kang sighed, walked closer to Irene and made her turn to face her. “You don’t have to worry about this because I’m taking you guys out of here”

“You…” The witch whispered but her thoughts and words trailed off. “Seulgi… I did everything on my power… but it seems like I can’t have you… you… the only one that I longed for” She continued, placing her hands on the other’s chest.

“Look, I know you may not believe me, I know I’m not the best hunter and I know that I’m not the most brilliant person in the world… but I can’t deny I felt a weird connection with you… we’re somehow connected and for some reason I feel like I longed for you too” The monolided girl reassured, placing her hands on the older’s cheeks.

“So… you can love me?” The shorter asked, glassy eyes looking at her beloved feline eyes.

“I can’t answer that yet… but I’m willing to find out”

Once again, time stopped before the girls, there was no worry, no pain, no enmity, just two souls trying to bond. Irene grabbed the younger’s hands and placed them on her waist, then traveled all the way up to her neck, resting her arms there. The hunter pulled their bodies closer, deeply inhaled that watermelon-ish intoxicating scent that the older had, lost herself in the brown universe that her eyes held. The tiny beauty looked up, staring intensely at those half-closed monolided eyes she loved the most, lowered her gaze to Seulgi’s lips and devoured them with only her stare.

“Can I tell you how much I’ve waited for this moment?” The leader melodically asked, tilting her head in a flirty fashion.

“I think it’ll be better if you showed me”

As soon as the taller pronounced those words, Irene leaned in for a sweet kiss that progressed into a bolder and more passionate one. The girls closed their eyes savoring every second of the kiss, dancing in synchrony as their bodies heated up making them blush. For the witch, having the love of her life in her arms for the first time and not only in fantasies felt like heaven and for Seulgi, having the most beautiful witch she’s ever seen, kissing her, holding her, connecting with her in such a strange way, felt like ecstasy.