10th Hit

HIT IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]HANG OUT/ DATE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]10th Hit [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]
 

They just got out from another arcade store, a cat and dog plushie both in Sakura’s hands while the redhead with her is holding their consumables. They’ve been at it for half a day and by this time right now, class must have ended already. Sakura checks the time, and she was surprised of the fact that they spend all their time playing around Arcade City.

 

“Uhm, hey.” Sakura called. “I know we’ve been having a good time, but I really need to go.” She already skipped class and she’s afraid that it will reach the ears of her father.

“Oh? Do you have a curfew or something?”

“You could say that.”

Chaeyeon chuckles. “Alright. Since I dragged you here, I might as well give you a ride home.” Sakura was about to protest but, “I take no for an answer.” Chaeyeon just flashes a smile and walks ahead of the Japanese girl.

 

They walked towards the parked car at the other side of the road. Chaeyeon was about to open Sakura’s door but the girl promptly refused. Its not like she can’t open it by herself.

 

“Feisty girl..”

 

~*~

 

After that long ride, they finally reached Sakura’s neighborhood. Sakura asks the girl to stop blocks away from her house. Curious as she is, Chaeyeondidn’t pry on that matter any further. She releases the lock of the car and lets Sakura out of the car, “Thanks for taking me home, Chae.”. Unknowingly out of reflex, she calls her driver with her nickname. “O-oh… Was I being too friendly? Sorry..”

Chaeyeon laughs. “It’s fine. I like it.”

Sakura blushes at the remark, turning her back against the girl, she waves at the girl. “T-then, I’ll get going. See you tomorrow!” Sakura sprint walks back to her home, leaving Chaeyeon staring at her back, waiting for the girl to vanish from her sight. The moment she entered the house, Chaeyeon starts her car, she leaves the vicinity and went home.

 

~*~

 

Feeling giddy, Sakura hops her way towards the living room just a few steps from the doorway. She was about to do something stupid when her eyes landed on the person who was comfortably seating at the sofa, in his hands is the latest issue about business (as always). The scent of his black coffee was too strong that she had to rush back to her room.

It seems that he didn’t notice her arrival, so she just proceeds walking towards her room. As she was about to enter her room, the door infront of her room opens – another spawn of evil has come to bother her well-being.

 

“Oh? It’s my dear sister~ How are you these days?” Sakura, standing still, she rolls her eyes.“We don’t bond that much! How about we spend time with each other just like when we were young?”Eventhough she was not looking at her brother, she could tell that he had that smirk plastered at his face. That sarcastic tone never changed at all.

 

Sakura breathes deeply, she slowly turns around to face her brother who still smirking like he had already won the argument. It irked her. But she can’t let that show to him or else she would lose.

 

“Sorry dear brother but it seems that I have a lot of things to do,” Sakura opens the door, but briefly stops and gives her attention to his brother one last time. “And also, I don’t feel like spending my time with trashes.”

“W-what did you say?” It is to say that he was flustered by the sudden rebuttal of her sister. Normally, her sister would just accept it and let him do what he wants. But it seems like Sakura flipped the situation on him. “What did you just call me?? A trash?!”

“Was it not clear? Wait, let me record it and I’ll send it to you.” Sakura grabs her phone from her pocket. She pressed the recorder app and placed near the phone. “I don’t spend time with trashes, aka YOU.” She sends it via Line to her brother and finally closes the door on him.

 

Locking the door behind her, she jumps inside her room like a kid who just won from a game. She does not even care for her door that was on the verge of breaking down. Her brother seems to not accept the fact that he is indeed a trash in her sister’s eyes. It continued for another minute and it’s starting to be a pain if he keeps on doing it for another minute.

 

“Bang that door all day and it still wouldn’t change the fact that you’re a trash!” Sakura shouts from her room, loud enough for her brother to hear it.

 

Not wanting to hear anymore of it, she grabs her headphones from her bag and blasted some music from it, cutting herself off from the real world.

 

~*~

 

Club period just ended and as usual, it was tiring – except for Yujin was running around the field for the whole period. It was frustrating in her part. She wanted to touch the ball, she wants to hold the bat, she wants to throw on the mound; there’s a lot that she wanted to do that time but her coach had other plans for her. She became a ball girl, collecting fly balls that come in her way. It was not fun at all when her teammates kept batting from right to left.

It was her teammate’s way of punishing her.

Frustrating it may be, she accepts the punishment.

It kept going for half an hour, another basket was placed at the batter’s box, one by one, players steps at the box, batting with all their strength.

As the bell of the school blares throughout the entire campus, club period has finally ended.

And so was Yujin’s agony.

While her team members were stepping out the field, she was left lying on the dirty ground, breathing heavily like she felt something was supposed to be removed from her lungs. After all those running around the field catching balls, she just fell down on her not minding how dirty the ground is. Wiping the sweat in her face, she stares at the open sky slowly turning to dark, waiting for the moon to finally take its rightful place at the top. She tried standing up from her place but she was just so tired that she can’t even move her own body.

 

“..” She tried pushing herself up one more time – she felt her world spinning. “This is bad...” She tried looking around the field, hoping that someone would walk pass by her area. She prayed that someone is kind enough to notice her predicament. “It would be more better if it’s Minjoo who’s passing by..”

“Oh? Yujin?” Yujin stiffens. That voice was all too familiar. That soft angelic voice that none other than that pink-haired girl could ever produce – she can’t be mistaken by it. “What are you doing lying on the floor..?”

 

Yujin tried raising her head up, she sees the girl, upside down from her perspective, she confirms that it was really Minjoo.

 

“H-hey, Minjoo-yah..” She waves at the girl awkwardly, a giggle escaping from . “What are you doing here?”

“I was just about to go ho– Wait you didn’t answer my question!” Minjoo whines. “Why are you lying on the dirty ground??”

“Practice just ended. Can’t move a muscle. Too tired.” Minjoo could see it too. Her shirt was all ragged up. And what’s more, the sweat is starting to dry up and that is not a good sign.

“U-uhh,” Minjoo started. She hesitates for a second because she’s not even sure what to do at that moment. She didn’t want to leave the girl there, so she finally asks. “Do you need help?”

 

“Please?”

 

~*~

 

Right now, Minjoo was walking back to the bleachers while she’s carrying the tired girl on her back. It was surprising that Minjoo was able to carry the tall girl on her back all the way to the bleachers. Yujin was reluctant because she does not want the girl to get dirty. And maybe, just maybe, it’s embarrassing. But that didn’t stop the princess bubblegum from doing what she wants.

In the end she caved in.

 

As of now, they were seating at the bleachers, Minjoo doing whatever she can to assist the girl. “You’re such a mess!” Her grip on the towel was getting stronger while wiping the dirt on her face. “Seriously you should take care of yourself properly!!”

“I’m sorr-OW! Slow down! It hu-OUCH! YAH!”

“Then you should’ve been more careful!”

“Relax! It was just them getting back at me after what I did..” Yujin says, laughing nervously. “So... no worries!”

Minjoo knows what she was pertaining to. In fact, it’s a known incident that everyone at their school knows it. She frowns, it must have affected her greatly.

“I worry too, you know..” It seems like Minjoo’s thoughts suddenly leaked out. She freezes the moment she knew that she said that out loud, slowly dropping her hands from the girl’s face. She could already feel her face burning up. That was mortifying... “I-I mean– yeah I do worry b-because I’m your friend..? Yeah! A friend! HAHAHA! That’s it! Don’t get it the wrong way, okay??”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter