I don't want to say Goodbye

Give me a Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Was this the end? Was this how it felt when you stare directly at death? At the person that was about to end your life?

 

Dahyun couldn’t really answer those questions as another thing shot thru her mind. The black haired fox was moving closer towards her face. She held with one arm and suddenly the other free one came to her chin and pushed her lips slowly forward.

 

Was Momo trying to kiss her?

 

And with this question another thing was noticed by the young woman. She suddenly smelled a scent that was so strong and toxic that her body already began to feel weak. Just like on the first day she meet Sana, this fox also had such an intoxicating scent that left her to tremble in her grip. Her scent was however different from Sana, it was almost like a peach that started to fulfill her sense of smell. There was no other scent to notice, nothing other to feel and nothing else to fear as the woman moved her face even closer to Dahyun. Smirking with an evil grin that showed her lustful eyes.

 

“Don’t worry, it won’t hurt that much.” She announced and with that wanted to finish what she started. Ending another human’s life. The tiny woman closed her eyes immediately, she couldn’t bear Momo’s red eyes that shined so bright that her own ones started to twitch. She was just standing there, completely at the mercy of that woman and began to say goodbye to her life.

 

But that goodbye never came.

 

There was no kiss, no feeling that she thought she would get. No painful thing that would put her to rest forever. There was nothing. Nothing then a slight gust of wind that left shivers. And that small flurry left Dahyun with confusion. She was put against the wall in a small alley, an alley where it was almost impossible for a wind like that to come around her body. So with that knowledge she tried to open her eyes a little bit, wanting to know what was actually happening. But instead of seeing dangerous red eyes, instead of seeing a black haired fox, she saw something different.

 

Blond hair that slowly waved thru her face and a fluffy looking tail in the same color. Sana, it was Sana who was now standing between Dahyun and Momo. With another better view the human saw how Sana held onto Momo’s wrist tightly so that the other one began to hiss.

 

“Long time no see, Sana.” The black fox said and with a quick movement she was able to get out of the blonds grip.

 

For a moment Dahyun wanted to move a little, to see everything better, but Sana used the now free hand immediately to push the human back, signing her with that to stay out of whatever was going on. The other one obviously noticed that as she stared at Sana’s movements with a big smirk on her face, letting her eyes glow even more as she looked up to meet Sana’s glare.

 

“Seems like you found yourself a new toy.”

 

“What do you want?” Sana didn’t play Momo’s game and straight up went to the question. Only now the human noticed how puffy Sana’s tail was. Yeah it was actually always fluffy but right now it looked exactly like a cat that was getting angry and Momo’s black tail wasn’t very different from that. Whatever Dahyun just stepped into wasn’t something to take lightly. These two foxes could easily destroy humans, Dahyun knew that by now. Momo raised her eyebrow a bit in frustration that Sana didn’t seem to play along with her and wasn’t even interesting in it, was teasingly formed into a pout and she slightly tilted her head as if she was the most innocent being ever.

 

“I just wanted to have a little bit of fun. She was so alone after you just left her so I wanted to keep her company.” Sana gritted her teeth at that answer and her nose slightly showed wrinkles on how anger filled her expression was. The only thing that Dahyun couldn’t see, which was probably better, was how dangerous her blue eyes started to glow.

 

“You no fun.” Momo whined and began to move around Sana, clearly with the intension on getting closer to Dahyun. But the younger one was quicker and stepped in front of the human again.

 

“Why did you leave her alone at all? Had something better to do?” Momo hissed and eyed the other fox with her tail straight to the air and becoming even more puffy.

 

Sana knew Momo was just playing with her. Momo knew exactly why Sana was leaving Dahyun alone for a while as she just fulfilled a wish and it actually took a lot of Sana’s energy to do so. That was always a reason for Momo to insult Sana with, as the older was much stronger and could easily fulfill ten wishes without getting tired. But even if she felt a little weak and knew she was no match for Momo, she still stood her ground. For a reason that she didn’t want to accept right now, she didn’t want to let Momo hurt her. And the older fox immediately noticed that.

 

“Don’t tell me she is your new Mina?”

 

Dahyun shrugged into herself at the sudden shock on what was happing before her after Momo’s words. As soon as the older fox spoke out that name something in Sana seemed to snap and she left the save spot to help Dahyun and tackled the other one with all her power that was left. Momo was a little perplexed at the sudden movement and fell back, but as soon as she cleared her mind she stood up and easily slapped Sana out of the way. As if the younger fox was nothing more than a tiny fly.

 

“Yeah she definitely is like her, look at those trustful eyes even tho she doesn’t know you.” Momo walked towards Dahyun again and directly focused on her eyes, that weren’t on the threat that came near the human but on the ground worrying about Sana. Momo stopped her task and stared at the human with interest, all her fear that the older fox was able to put inside this small girl seemed to vanish and change into worry about Sana. Such a rare feature to see on humans.

 

But her decision to stay still was soon interrupted by the younger fox as a painful sting filled Momo’s left leg. Her glare fell down to see the place where pain was coming from, only to witness Sana’s fangs deep into her skin. Sana really bit her on her leg as she was lying on the ground. However the older fox just huffed and squeezed her eyes a bit before she lifted her leg and threw Sana away from her, directly towards Dahyun who wasn’t able to balance the sudden weight and also fell to the ground with Sana on her. A small groan came out of Sana, she knew Momo was already stronger than her but having less energy cause of Dahyun’s wish made this whole situation much more dangerous.

 

If Momo wanted to kill Dahyun then there was no way on stopping her, she could just try to annoy her till the point she wasn’t interested anymore. But staring at her light grin and those familiar red eyes told Sana this wasn’t going to be easy. However this wasn’t the only reason why Sana snapped, why she tried to fight the older one with the knowledge of her own weakness.

 

She mentioned her. She mentioned Mina. And Sana didn’t want to hear that name ever again, cause it still hurt. The fox made sure Dahyun is okay very quick and after a nod of the human she stood up again, daring Momo to do her next move. But there wasn’t one. Momo just looked at the two girls and let her deadly red eyes shine brighter while her smirk slowly started to vanish.

 

“You know what you are doing right now, right?” She simply spoke out, without that giggling sound inside her voice. And Sana immediately knew what she meant. But she still wasn’t going to accept it, to fall so easily again. So she just shook her head.

 

“You didn’t have such a hard time to admit it back then with Mina tho.”

 

“Stop using her name!” Sana growled in anger as the older one mentioned her again.

 

“Does you new little toy know about her?” Momo stopped focusing on Sana and stared at the girl on the ground, clearly seeing her confusion on the name Mina in her eyes.

 

“You aren’t the first special human for her. Mina was her name and she was Sana’s true love.” The black fox started and Sana was about to stand up again but her knee that began to hurt cause of the throw didn’t make it possible. She had to try and heal as fast as she can.

 

“Sana would have done anything for her, but she wasn’t the only one who was in love with her. I was also in love with Mina.” Momo paused at that sentence to breath in and out, even if she didn’t admit it, she also was still hurt from their past.

 

“Two fox spirits in love with a human, that just couldn’t go well, right?” A question that couldn’t be answered for Dahyun and also wasn’t really outspoken to be answered.

 

“And it didn’t. The death of an innocent human just because of too much love-“

 

“It was you who killed her!” Sana suddenly interrupted the speech and even Dahyun had to flinch at her sharp words. Sana was definitely angry.

 

Dahyun could tell the fox wanted to stand up again and tackle the older, but she already saw what happened the first time she tried it. And she actually didn’t want to see Sana hurt again, she wanted her to stay that teasing little spirit that drove her nuts. So without thinking about all those things she just heard, the tiny girl tried to hold Sana back when she was standing up. She held onto her big fluffy tail and didn’t let her move.

 

But after touching her tail the fox wasn’t able to move either way. Sana felt how her neck hair began to stand up and her entire body was going thru an even harder shiver then feeling the entrance of Momo. Dahyun didn’t know what she just did but seeing Sana’s big eyes and pressed together mouth, while also witnessing Momo’s sudden open mouth that stood like this for a moment, she knew she did something wrong.

 

“Oh my god! That’s a first!” Momo began to laugh out loud and couldn’t stop staring at Sana who was going thru everything right now.

 

“D-Dahyun…d-don’t touch-“ The fox stuttered and without knowing what she did the human let go and saw how Sana fell back to ground on her knees, trying hard to get back her breath to normal speed.

 

“Wow, guess I leave you two lovebirds alone right now.” The black haired woman giggled and with a snap of her fingers she started to vanish before the other two. But right now Momo was probably the least problem for Sana as the young fox tried hard to get her usual heartbeat to match with her breath. When she was finally able to stand up again, not only cause of her hurtful knee, she stared back at Dahyun with glassy eyes.

 

“Don’t. Ever. Touch. My. Tail.” She said and Dahyun raised her eyebrow in confusion while stepping back. She nodded hectically and Sana shook her entire body once to let her ears also wobble a lot, which actually looked extremely cute for the human.

 

“I’m gonna take you home.” Sana announced and both women began to move towards Dahyun’s house. Leaving them as awkward as ever while not even the teasingly fox said one word. It was obvious that the tiny human was tired after everything that happened and decided to quickly leave for her bed, but also to avoid the awkwardness that was now around her and the fox.

 

Luckily for her she fell asleep very quickly and could forget, while dreaming, all about this eventful evening.

 

 

 

 

 

But it appeared that she was the only lucky one for now. Sana didn’t want to go to her world right now, not when the first thing she would see in there was Mina’s picture next to her bed. She couldn’t face that heartbreak right now, not after meeting Momo after so many centuries again. All those passed things that suddenly began to fill her mind again after trying so hard to forget them.

 

However while she could cry right now because of the memory of Mina or the memory of her once lost friendship with Momo, the single tear came out because of something else. She was sitting next to Dahyun’s bed and watched as the tiny human’s chest moved up and down while was slowly open to release tiny whimpers. She looked so adorable and amazing while the moon light made its way thru the window that Dahyun forgot to cover before falling asleep.

 

And while she was lying there, her hand tightly towards her cheek that squeezed it a little, Sana realized one thing. The thing that made her eyes watery and exposed her falling tear. Momo was right. When the older fox asked her if she knew what she was doing while protecting Dahyun, Sana didn’t want to admit it, but right now there was no denying anymore. She was falling in love once again. With someone that made it impossible to be together.

 

And with that knowledge she stayed the whole night at Dahyun’s bed, watching over a woman that she wanted so badly but could never have.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning Dahyun woke up with a weird feeling.

 

All those things that happened yesterday came streaming down into her head the moment she opened her eyes. And the worst thing was that it was Sunday, a day where probably nothing could distract her full mind. So she tried her best to at least give it a chance and moved down to the kitchen, surprisingly being awake before her mom and dad.

 

Quickly she began to try and make breakfast for them, nothing too big but enough for them to enjoy. After coming home from the bakery and the fast eggs she made, her parents finally decided to also appear in the morning. Only with her mom to frown as she saw Dahyun fully awake and finished with preparing breakfast.

 

“Wow that’s new, did something happen yesterday?” Her dad asked as he was as confused like her mom and couldn’t quite understand what brought Dahyun, the girl that could sleep a whole day, to wake up that early. Dahyun just shrugged her shoulders a little and gave a quiet huff before they all started to enjoy the food that the little daughter brought. But even after having that as a distraction her dad still had the question in his mind that something happened to his beloved little girl.

 

“So? Wanna tell us now or do we have to ask for it the whole day?” He straight up went to the point and let Dahyun remember all those times she tried to hide something so they asked her constantly till she gave up. A big sigh escaped the girl before she started to talk.

 

“Actually a lot happened yesterday….” She locked eyes with her mom once before falling back to meet her dads to let him quickly understand why she was hesitating.

 

“It’s ok, your mom already told me you awoke Sana.” He answered and Dahyun was relieved that she didn’t had to go thru a scolding, about how many times her parents told her not to go there, again.

 

She explained what happened at the party and for a while her parents stared at her with a sad expression, it seems like their daughter was going thru a lot of heartbreaks lately. But what she said afterwards was something none of them expected and Mr. Kim started to regret his decision to take a sip of his coffee before his daughter spoke again.

 

“And while they were fighting I held Sana back while touching her tail, but she-“

 

Dahyun wasn’t able to finish her explanation as her father suddenly choked on his coffee and spit it out as it was too hot, while her mother stared at her with such big eyes that Dahyun worried they were about to fall out. After her dad finished cleaning his shirt he moved up from the chair with his cup of coffee still in his hand and stared at his wife.

 

“That’s a talk for you, not for me, Imma head out.” He quickly announced and left the room fast enough so his wife could only give him a quick glare but no words.

 

“Mom?” She heard her daughter’s confused voice on how awkward both suddenly acted and knew there was no way to change the topic now.

 

“Well….” She began but didn’t really know how to explain to Dahyun what she did last night and why Sana acted so different from her usual self.

 

“Mom!” Now Dahyun’s voice sounded demanding, she wanted to know what she did wrong and why everyone was suddenly so weirdly acting when it came to the fact that she touched Sana’s tail.

 

“You know…spirits are a little different from us…”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“And they also are magical creatures with animal features on it..”

 

“Yeah I notice that the first time I saw Sana.”

 

“So you….well when you….Sana’s tail…it’s-“

 

“Mom, just say it already!” The tiny human was now losing her chill when her mom kept on avoiding what it meant, but to be honest afterwards she inwardly wished she had never asked.

 

“A fox spirits tail is the most intimate part on their body.”

 

Dahyun’s eyes went big and she could feel how her body heated up and left her head into that often red color.

 

“You mean…it’s like I touched her-“

 

“Yes.” There was no actually word needed to explain what part Dahyun touched and that explained why Sana had a hard time speaking at that moment and also why Momo referenced to them as ‘lovebirds’. The day couldn’t have started off worse for Dahyun. First the total boomer on trying to kiss her crush, then her almost death and then she freaking touched Sana’s p-…..

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Argh!” Dahyun screamed as she let herself fall back on her bed, seeing her clothes she wore last night on the ground made her even angrier. Yesterday was such a bad day, to be honest she wanted to just wish it never happened, but she knew Sana would make something bad out of it so she didn’t say it. Speaking of the fox spirit.

 

“Ok, I have the perfect plan now.” Dahyun almost fell out of her bed when she suddenly heard a voice next to her. She hated it how Sana just comes and goes like nothing and gives the poor girl a heartattack every freaking time.

 

But instead of yelling at her how shocked Dahyun was she just stared at the blankets, not being able to face the spirit while remembering what she actually did last night. Sana however noticed that and by the look of Dahyun’s embarrassed face she knew that her mom or anyone just explained to her what she touched yesterday. A part that shouldn’t be touched that easily, especially not from a human. But Sana left one thought out, that it also shouldn’t have felt so good when a human touched her. Ignoring that part that was locked in her mind she patted the girl on her shoulder a bit.

 

“Don’t worry, you didn’t know, its alright. But I actually have a new plan on how you can get Nayeon.” Even if Sana figured out that night that this human was special to her and that she started to have feelings for Dahyun, she knew it couldn’t be happening so she kept her head full of thoughts about her actually task.

 

Bringing Dahyun together with Nayeon.

 

And right now she wanted it to happen even sooner so that she could leave this world and those feelings. So this new plan came up to her this night when she kept on staring at the tiny woman. The said girl began to slowly look up and covered her face with her silver hair a little, clearly a sign she was still nervous about it.

 

“This time it will really work!” Sana yelled out, overplaying her thought, that Dahyun looked freaking cute, with her loud voice.

 

“And?” The girl expected some weird and totally overboard plans, but what the fox answer wasn’t one of those things.

 

“We are gonna make her jealous.” That was it, that was Sana’s great plan? Dahyun started giggling at that and rolled her eyes.

 

“Aha very funny. And who would that person be to make her jealous? I don’t know anyone other than Chaeyoung.” She let her silver hair come down again and revealed her slightly annoyed face. This fox should know her by now, why was she trying something that wasn’t even possible?

 

“I’m gonna be the one she is jealous about.”

 

“What?” Dahyun asked in disbelieve.

 

“I will make her jealous. You know, just a little cuddle there and she will be full on angry and take you on her own.”

 

“So you want her to think I’m even more crazy? I don’t want to be put in psychiatry, no thanks.” Sana huffed at that sentence as the younger one didn’t seem to get the plan right.

 

“Obviously I will make myself visible and without the fox like features.”

 

“Wait you said-“

 

“I was just teasing you back then.” Sana giggled and her tail and ears began to bounce at the laugh as she stared at Dahyun’s face that was full of disbelieve.

 

When Sana could easily make herself visible for other humans too to not embarrass Dahyun even more, she decided not to. It was much more fun like this, also foxes don’t usually show themselves to others but the one that they have the pact with. But they still could if they wanted. Momo was a perfect example.

 

And Sana knew this would bring Nayeon and Dahyun instantly together so she could leave. While talking about the plan a bit and seeing how excited Dahyun got after every new situation Sana thought of she also had another thing in her mind, something that somehow still bothers her.

 

 

 

 

“Can I ask you something?” Dahyun questioned and Sana was just frowning, since when did Dahyun want permission to ask something. But she gave her the awaited nod.

 

“Who was this Mina?”

 

This question immediately hit Sana where it hurts the most, in her heart. It was so long ago, so far away from this century, but it still hurts like it happened yesterday. Maybe she would never get over it, at least not alone. Actually she wanted to avoid this question and say no to Dahyun, but the tiny woman stared at her with so much curiosity but at the same time cute worrying. And this was the first time in centuries that Sana began to remember the human that filled her heart with so many emotions and talked about her.

 

“She was my first love.” Sana avoided the stare of Dahyun and stared at the window, out to the sky, instead.

 

“She lived in the eleventh century and accidently asked me for something to summon me, kinda like you, but for something much more ridicules.” A small laugh escaped the blond woman when she remembered how shocked and confused Mina, an ordinary villager, was back then. But also how her bright eyes stared directly at Sana’s at the first meeting.

 

“Somehow we never really wanted to fulfill that task, we just spent time together….and started devolving feelings.” Sana sighed and her smile faded when she started to explain the next part.

 

“But I wasn’t the only one who loved her and also not the only one she loved.”

 

“Momo.” Dahyun interrupted as she noticed Sana was having troubles speaking out her name.

 

“Yes, Momo. We were actually best friends back then, whenever I had a mission I would always invite her to tease humans, but for this….we just couldn’t , at least not in an evil way. We both fell in love with her but we knew its actually forbidden for a spirit to love a human, so we had a very hard time accepting it. But we never saw that Mina also had a lot of struggles and one of them was that she fell for both of us. And that’s where it began.” Sana paused to prepare herself to tell the story how not only her love of her life was destroyed but also her closest and most precious friendship.

 

“Momo and I started to compete against each other. When one was giving her a present the other was giving her an even bigger present. We were so focused on winning her over that we oversaw the fact that this was destroying her. We literally killed her with our love.”

 

“But how?” Dahyun asked after Sana became silent for a while, she saw how hard it was for Sana to give herself the power to speak so she tried, with that question, to give her the courage to finish it.

 

“Momo made her choose, she asked her to choose between us and…….and that killed her.” Sana answered but also saw Dahyun’s confused expression, she knew this wasn’t enough for her but for Sana it was, that’s how she always remembered it, how she always wanted it to be remembered. That Momo was the one who killed her. But knowing that this wouldn’t be enough for the tiny human she decided to add something else.

 

“That was also the mistake she did. The task she failed for the villagers. So they destroyed her shrine and since then Momo became like she is right now. Ruthless and searching for murder.”

 

Silence wrapped the room for a moment. Both women just sat there and tried to process what just got revealed. Dahyun for the new information about Sana’s life and Sana for revealing this after so many centuries.

 

“So about my plan!” Sana yelled and interrupted the silent atmosphere with that.

 

And with one snap of finger a golden light began to hug the fox woman and made her cover her entire appearance for a few seconds. Dahyun had to close her eyes by the bright light and when she opened them again, making sure it was save with a few blinks, she stared at the fox woman….that wasn’t a fox anymore. Her ears, tail, and fangs were gone, the only thing that was still seen were her blue eyes, that however stopped to glow as usual and were just normal blue. Dahyun swallowed hard at the image. She just saw Sana as a fox girl, as the annoying, teasing spirit that kept following her to embarrass the tiny human. But now seeing her in this light, just looking at her with a waiting smile, she realized something else.

 

God damn Sana was incredible beautiful! She wasn’t able to speak up those words and after a while Sana got annoyed at the tiny girl just staring at her with an open mouth, so she started the conversation as so many times before.

 

“And? How do I look?” She asked but still the tiny human was too stunned to get simple words out of , she just kept on gasping over the perfect figure and her beautiful smile, even tho she was frowning now.

 

“Earth to Dahyun! I asked you a question!”

 

“B-Beautiful.” Dahyun stuttered but forgot her trance immediately when Sana just giggled and winked at her. There she was again, the Sana she knew and actually………liked?

 

“So let’s practice a few situations.” Sana suggested and with that both girls began to work on their perfect plan to finally let Nayeon fall for Dahyun.

 

And so Sunday was passing by quicker then Dahyun thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning however wasn’t so easy as she thought when Dahyun’s parents just stared at the new woman that was suddenly sitting next to them on their breakfast table.

 

“Can I have more of that….eh….that colorful circle thingy?“

 

“You mean froot loops?” Dahyun’s mom asked as the woman kept on showering her bowl with the surgery cereal.

 

“Yeah, food tubes, that.”

 

“Close enough.” Dahyun giggled when Sana couldn’t speak out the word of the sweet thing she suddenly fell in love with.

 

“So…you are human now?” Dahyun’s father asked confused on this whole situation even if Dahyun and Sana had explained it to them.

 

“No, I just look like one, I’m still a fox spirit.”

 

“Ohhh…” Dahyun’s parents said at the same time, still not fully understanding it but also not wanting to get at Sana’s nerves.

 

 

 

Luckily also this extremely awkward situation passed quickly so that both girls now made their way towards school, getting into the bus and letting the fox drive in it for the first time.

 

Which was actually kinda funny for the human. Sana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter