The Light is getting brighter

Give me a Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Two days passed.

 

Two days since Dahyun’s dream, being noticed by her middle school crush, came true. The most memorable day in her life. The moment all her wishes came true and Nayeon finally talked to her and even invited her to a party. The girl she loved invited her to come to her house.

 

What could be better in her life?

 

Well….she could be alone in her room right now and not having a fox spirit destroying half of her wardrobe. The fox woman groaned in disappointment after she successfully emptied the tiny girl’s closet and turned to face her with a big frown.

 

“For real, that’s all?” Sana asked frustrated and Dahyun could just tilt her head in confusion. She didn’t know what was wrong with her clothes. There were a few of her favorite shirts on the ground, especially the white one with Homer Simpson on it was the one she loved to wear when going to a party. When she was going to a party. And the checkered pants are always the first she picks when going somewhere to be comfortable. So what was wrong with them?

 

“Do you want to be her girlfriend or her housemaid?” Sana added as she noticed Dahyun wasn’t understanding the problem here and literally would have worn one of those while going to her crushes house. The fox began to realize why she didn’t had a girlfriend till now. With a big eye roll she turned to the clothes that laid around the floor and picked one of them up.

 

“Ok, firstly….for real?” She held up Dahyun’s favorite white shirt and the tiny girl began to shrug.

 

“You want to be her girlfriend, not her right?”

 

“Hey!” Dahyun immediately interrupted when the fox began to be insulting and surprisingly Sana took it seriously and stopped. She put the shirt back to the ground and shook her head one last time before she faced Dahyun again.

 

“We are gonna have a shopping trip tomorrow.” With a raised eyebrow Dahyun slowly agreed to it and was instantly interrupted when her phone began to buzz. Slowly she reached for it and looked confused at the name, only to almost drop it in panic. The name on it said Nayeon and she just send her a message.

 

‘Hey, I just wanted to give you details about Saturday. I’m excited and happy to see you there :)’

 

It wasn’t much, most people would say it was just a normal message, but not for Dahyun. Dahyun could only read the part where Nayeon said she is excited and happy to see her. She was really looking forward to it and the tiny girl didn’t know how to cope with so much excitement and anxiety at once. Obviously the other woman in this room wanted to know why her client just went statue style and peeked behind her to stare at her phone. This girl was really something, being a panic-gay just because of simple words like these. But to be honest, it was kinda cute. However after a few minutes the fox had enough and slightly slapped Dahyun’s head.

 

“Ow!” The injured girl turned around and rubbed over the place Sana left pain.

 

“Respond to her, that would make her definitely happy.” She announced and Dahyun had to nod to her request but still held her hand over the little bump that was building.

 

“What should I write?” Dahyun began to think hard as she didn’t want to mess up this situation, it was the first moment she could ‘talk’ with Nayeon alone. Without Jeongyeon and Jihyo’s protective expression. Not that those two didn’t like Dahyun, they actually laughed a lot with her these passed days, but they still acted protective when it came to Nayeon. But how the hell should she start a conversation with her after what she wrote, how should she respond to that? After a lot of hurtful seconds she finally decided to move her fingers over the screen and typed something in her phone, not without Sana’s sharp stare at whatever she was about to write.

 

‘Hello Nayeon. Thank you for your information. I am also looking forward to this day. Until then I would like to know how you are doing-‘

 

Dahyun wasn’t able to finish her words or do anything afterwards when Sana began to laugh out loud.

 

“And I thought I was the old one from other centuries. Are you trying to get an audience from the Queen or what?”

 

“Hey it’s my first time writing to someone else then Chaeyoung!” Dahyun huffed and deleted the message right afterwards.

 

“Try to be cool.” Sana suggested and the tiny girl began to write whatever cool image came to her mind.

 

‘Yoo, cool to know. It will definitely be lit.’

 

“You are a lost cause.” Dahyun started to pout and deleted this message as well, sighing loud when she stared at the ceiling and laid down on her bed with a loud thump.

 

“Try to be less cringe and more sweet.” It was easy for Sana to say such things, to suggest whatever she had in mind, but for Dahyun it was different. She literally had no one else then Chaeyoung to write to, if we she didn’t include her mom or dad, so how should she instantly know what was good.

 

Cute….if she wanted cute, then she will get it. With these thoughts Dahyun began to write for the last time.

 

‘Hi sweetie, thank you xoxo. I’m also happy to see such an angel like you again ^-^’

 

"Ok stop, this really won’t do anything. Just lay it down and don’t write anything.”

 

With that answer Dahyun smashed her phone to the other side of her bed, luckily it just bounced at the blanket and laid down, not falling against anything hard that would break it. But honesty that was what Dahyun had in mind. She was too embarrassed right now. How could it be that she wasn’t even able to do the simplest things? Sometimes she really wished she had more courage and strength. Slowly she cuddled into her own blanket and began to bury her face inside her hands, feeling how her head turned red and how all her excitement to this weekend was slowly turning to fear.

 

Of course the fox girl noticed this all and had to sigh once before she came closer to the little girl’s bed. With one hand on Dahyun’s shoulder she started to talk.

 

“Don’t be so down. It’s just a message and I actually was messing with you a little. You don’t have to be flirty, cool, sweet or anything. Just be normal, just write in a natural way.” A small sniff escaped the silver haired girl and she turned around to face the blond woman in front of her.

 

“It’s easy for you to say, bet you had thousands of girlfriends already.” That sentence however didn’t earn the respond Dahyun was expecting. She thought the fox would again, say anything that mocked her or do her wink. But nothing like this happened, it was rather the opposite. Her ears didn’t twitch like normally and also her teasing smirk was suddenly gone. If Dahyun didn’t think this fox was just a teasing mess she really would thought she looked sad right now.

 

“Look, you don’t have to respond today. Tomorrow is Friday, you will see her at school anyways and can talk. And then we make you look super good for Saturday so you will get your girl and I can finally finish this stupid task.” Without letting Dahyun the chance to say anything she just vanished before the tiny girls eyes and left her with a heavy feeling heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why was she suddenly sorry for this fox spirit that she actually wanted to leave as soon as possible? Sana just wanted to leave this stupid human world as fast as she could. She always hated it to be there, she just wanted to mess with those humans and have her fun. But right now she wasn’t having fun. So why should she stay there? This girl would have her crush on this weekend, she would make sure of it. She sighed loudly after laying in her own bed. This world wasn’t so different from the humans, it was just filled with memories that didn’t let go of Sana.

 

Her eyes glared at a picture next to her, a picture that let the memory of one specific woman never go. One specific human. However with this picture not only happiness and love came, but also sadness and pure anger. And then it hit her. When she left the human world and went to the spirit world, a small shiver overcame her body. A shiver that somehow felt familiar. But she shook those thoughts out of her mind immediately. This couldn’t be true, it would just be too coincidental.

 

There was no way she was at the same place Sana was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the same time Dahyun laid in her bed, not knowing what to do when nothing made her fall asleep. Her mind was too full of thoughts to calm down and wouldn’t let her close those heavy eyes. She lived with this fox girl for a few days now, avoiding every weird situation with Chaeyoung when the tiny girl just assumed her best friend started to talk to herself. However in this time she was also able to talk to her crush, no not only talk to her, she freaking was invited to her house.

 

That could be taken as a date, right? And this happened just after she appeared, since Sana was here her life became a rollercoaster. She just had to figure out if the end was a high place to fall deep or just the start to get even higher. So she took this all into her own hands for once and searched for her phone again.

 

“Hey, thank you. I’m also very excited :)’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So you just messaged her on your own? God they grow up so fast.” Sana was floating next to Dahyun and wiped a fake tear out of her face. Dahyun just gave a sigh as an answer and tried to ignore her, but how could someone ignore a flying fox girl next to them?

 

“Can you like not embarrass me in public? It’s embarrassing enough that Chaeyoung thinks I’m talking to myself.” Dahyun began to talk but her face quickly turned red when Sana just grinned and she turned her head to a man who was standing next to the silver haired girl on the bus station.

 

“You really love to make me suffer, don’t you?” The young girl whispered when she stepped a few meters away, avoiding the confused and weirded out glare of that man.

 

“I have to make my time here worth it, don’t I?” The fox countered and slightly let her tongue show which the other just shook off with a shrug. What was she, a seven year old girl in kindergarten to stick her tongue out?

 

“Anyways, Chaeyoung will come along with us to go shopping, so please try to be a little less obvious.”

 

“Hey it’s on you if she thinks you are weird, you are the one who responds. I just talk to you so she doesn’t hear me.”

 

“Right….” Dahyun didn’t know how to argue with her anymore as it seems like the woman had a counter to everything she was saying so she decided again to try and ignore her, which finally worked. After the bus arrived, she sat as far as she could from the same man that was still confused. Luckily the bus drive didn’t take so long and quickly she was back at the place she could call hell or heaven. Because it was the place her beloved angel was in but also cause it still was school.

 

And like always the same girl, her best friend, greeted her as the first one. The tiny girl was waiting in front of the gate and waved to the silver haired as fast as she could, grinning brightly when she was finally noticed by Dahyun.

 

“Hey! Are you ready for our shopping tour afterwards? We make Nayeon jaw drop on your beauty.” Chaeyoung yelled a little too loud for Dahyun liking so she quickly brought her palm to her best friends mouth to cover it.

 

“Idiot, keep it down.” The older one whispered and the other just started to giggle.

 

“You still so tense about it, just chill.”

 

“I can’t just chill when tomorrow is the big day.”

 

“Yeah because tomorrow my baby will finally have a girlfriend, god you grew so fast!” The tiny girl mumbled under her friends hand and accidently let Dahyun slip out words that made this whole morning even more awkward.

 

“Why is everyone telling me I grew?!”

 

“Everyone?”

 

“….ah forget it. Let’s go in.” While going in all Dahyun could hear was the fox girls giggle as she was amused how uncomfortable the girl could get whenever she was caught talking to her.

 

It became like a little game for Sana to tease every human she had to help and for the past few centuries she was especially looking forward to do this to Kim family members. The Kim’s weren’t the first family she ever had and it definitely wouldn’t be the last, but those humans were obviously the funniest till now.

 

When the time came were Chaeyoung and Dahyun had to part their ways again, the younger girl patted her best friends shoulder supportive and smiled brightly.

 

“Talk to her today a little. After school, meet me in the mall then we make you the hottest girl she has ever seen.” The tiny girl kept on grinning as she walked farer and farer away till Dahyun couldn’t see her anymore.

 

“You really have a great friend.” She heard a voice beside her and obviously it was the fox girl she tried to ignore for the past few minutes. But what she said now was nothing to ignore, it was something normal. So the silver haired girl decided to keep this conversation going.

 

“Yeah she really is the best. I knew her since kindergarten and we were inseparable from the start.” She smiled happily while telling Sana her past memories she had with Chaeyoung. Whenever Dahyun felt alone or weird this girl was always on her side. They could call each other sisters already on how tight their bond was. They could tell each other every secret without regretting it, always getting support on both ways.

 

And then Dahyun’s smile started to slowly fade. Right….they always told each other everything, they didn’t had any secrets….until now. But this was different, she couldn’t even imagen what Chaeyoung would say when she told her there was a fox spirit floating next to her, who again had this little smirk on her face.

 

“Why haven’t you ever invited her to my shrine? I thought you were close?”

 

“Wait, how do you know she was never there?” Sana rolled her eyes, she knew Dahyun was taking a while before getting things but she thought her mom had explained everything already. Which wasn’t the case.

 

“I can see everyone who comes into my shrine, but I can’t hear them. It’s like watching a film without sound. Until one wrong formulated sentence summons me to help.” She explained and teased on Dahyun’s unusual way to call for her.

 

“Okay I get it, I’m dumb, thanks.” The tiny girl pouted and walked to her class, ignoring Sana stare after that. But the fox quickly shook her head and followed, she definitely had the wrong thoughts right now and her mind was playing with her. There was no way she found a human cute.

 

Finally coming to her class she saw the black haired girl of her dreams waving at her happily and signed with that to come closer. Dahyun being Dahyun froze on the spot so the Sana gave her a little kick and let her stumble forward. Which accidently ended in her lousing balance and dropping on the ground. Her mind started spinning a little while the fall was too hard for her body to ignore and she needed a while to overcome it. Only to open her eyes again with the black haired woman right before her face.

 

“Dahyun are you okay?!” Nayeon screamed in her face and the tiny girl quickly jumped up from the floor and sat herself on a chair.

 

“Y-Yeah, it’s okay.” She stuttered and looked into Nayeon’s worried eyes. Great, this day started so well and now this. If she could she would insult the blond girl next to her right now. But she couldn’t, so she kept on a straight face and let the slight pain pass.

 

“Are you really okay, you still look pale?” Nayeon asked again as she still couldn’t believe she recovered from that fall quickly as it really looked hurtful how she face forward fell on the ground.

 

“Nah, that just my natural skin color. Imagen how long it takes to convince doctors I’m okay.” The tiny girl giggled and after her words she thought she saw the most beautiful thing in her life. Nayeon started laughing at her joke. Her head slowly tilted back and was open wide, while her eyes were squeezed together. And the sound, the tone that came out of while doing those actions, was so adorable and cute that Dahyun felt like she was making an angel laugh.

 

“You are really funny, Dahyun.” Nayeon was able to say between her laughs and only now the tiny girl also noticed how two short haired one behind the girl of her dreams kept on giggling. She was not only able to score with that joke on Nayeon but also at Jeongyeon and Jihyo, which was an important thing. If those two didn’t like Dahyun then her getting closer to Nayeon would probably be impossible. So she silently gave herself thumbs up in her thoughts. Sadly she couldn’t add anything on her joke when Miss Irene came in and all to take their places and focus on the lesson.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

However it ended sooner than Dahyun thought and she was already finished with packing her things and meet Chaeyoung, when suddenly her eyes locked with Nayeon’s. The young girl was standing next to her and waited till she was fully finished with putting her things inside her bag before she smiled at her.

 

“Do you have something important to do today?”

 

“Well I wanted to buy a few clothes for tomorrow, mine at home aren’t really for…partying.” Dahyun admitted and Nayeon couldn’t hide a little giggle at that.

 

“We can go together if you want.” Nayeon offered and without thinking much the tiny girl nodded hectically. Going shopping with her crush? What would be better than that? Right, nothing.

 

To Dahyun’s little disappointment she also invited Jeongyeon and Jihyo to join them but after all she was just glad to do at least something with Nayeon. They started to walk out of school and the silver haired girl was the first who went straight to the road side that would lead them to the city, when suddenly the black haired one called her name. She waved at the tiny girl and pointed at a big car next to her, clearly with the intention to drive instead of walking. Dahyun couldn’t really do much against it so she agreed. Holding her elbow with one hand she moved closer to Nayeon to view the car in a better light. And now it was actually an insult to call it a car. It was much bigger than a car. It wasn’t a limousine but close to one.

 

Dahyun had to swallow hard, she actually never sat in such a big car. Her mom and dad always had small cars, cause why would they need a big one if only her father was driving it once in a while, so sitting inside this one would test Dahyun a lot. The first thing that was weird for her was that she didn’t open the door and neither did Nayeon, Jeongyeon or Jihyo. It was a man in a black suit that held the door open for the girls to enter.

 

“Thanks, Eric.” Nayeon smiled happily and everyone including Dahyun went in. Only for Dahyun to try and not leave her jaw wide open. This car looked awesome from the inside. It really showed that Nayeon came from a very, very rich family.

 

“You look like an idiot, do you want to lose the chance you have right now?” A voice turned up and by viewing everyone’s mouth Dahyun knew it wasn’t from one of them, but more from the girl sitting next to her with her big fluffy tail wrapped around her waist to also sit on the seat.

 

Do not talk with her. Dahyun thought to herself and tried to avoid Sana’s monologues on how pretty the car looked like.

 

She knew already that the fox tried to embarrass her even more, so not talking to her was harder then she thought. Luckily Nayeon was a good distraction.

 

“You look a little tense, is everything alight?” She asked worried as Dahyun didn’t notice she was squeezing her eyes together to avoid Sana.

 

“Y-Yeah, I just don’t like driving that much, I have a little anxiety from it.” Dahyun lied and ignored the loud laugh of Sana next to her who couldn’t believe she was already lying to her crush.

 

“Oh god, I’m sorry! I should have asked before dragging you inside!” The black haired girl yelled out and moved closer to the tiny woman. Only to make her gay-panic worse than she ever had one. Nayeon was grabbing Dahyun’s hand and hold on it tight.

 

“Here I will hold your hand till we are there, it will only take five minutes.” And god damn did those five minutes take long. They were probably the longest five minutes Dahyun has ever had in her life. It felt more like hours in which she tried so damn hard not to sweat and disgust Nayeon, cause her body was really heating up by the touch of Nayeon long and delicate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter