What does a Fox say?

Give me a Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Check out this amazing art! <3 

 

 

 

Give me a miracle

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay! Today is the day, today I will do it!” A small woman with silver hair shouted in a bathroom. Surrounded by no one else then another girl with short hair.

 

“Yeah you gonna rock it!” The other girl gave her thumbs up and yelled to let her know she is all about it with the plan.

 

“Yep! I will just walk in and go straight to her table!” She took a deep breath, giving her friend a little glare before she continued her self-confidence speech.

 

“I will stare at her eyes and tell her!”

 

“That’s the girl I know, you gonna tell her!”

 

“Yep I’m just gonna tell her….that-“ The confidence was suddenly whipped out of the silver haired girl and she looked with a big pout to the ground.

 

“How the hell am I supposed to tell her I love her? I’m never gonna be able to do that…” She whined and earned a little slap on her shoulder from the other girl.

 

“Chaengie….I don’t know how to talk to her…” She teared up next to the other girl who only rolled her eyes and started patting her head.

 

“You even changed your hair color to silver cause you heard her saying she likes that color in art class.”

 

“That’s different, she wasn’t with me when I did that, I never even once spoke to her, she probably doesn’t even know I exist.” The girl called Chaeyoung raised her eyebrow at the words her best friend just said. Was she really thinking no one noticed her? The Kim Dahyun being unnoticed?

 

“You set the class on fire once, I’m pretty sure she and everyone else know your existence.” A small sniff came out of the girl as she looked up to Chaeyoung and wiped the tears out of her eyes. Only to glare at her friend.

 

“That was you, not me.” Chaeyoung gasped while hearing her friends words, she was right, it was herself who lightened up the classroom.

 

“Then how about the time you protested in the cafeteria that the noodles don’t have taste? Everyone loved you after that.”

 

“That was also you, Chaeng.”

 

“Oh…right. Then what about the moment you…wait that was me....then what, no that was also me. Wow I guess you really are invincible then, why do I even hang around you?”

 

“Chaeng!” A loud sighed was heard of Dahyun when she lifted her head up and stared whining at the ceiling. She loved Chaeyoung, no doubt about that, but she somehow made her feel less confidence right now.

 

“God, you worry to much, just go talk to her. What should she do? Bite you head off?”

 

“That was actually the thing I dreamed of tonight.” Dahyun answered her friend’s speech and only earned another eye roll followed by a shake of her tiny head.

 

“You have a crush on her since middle school. If you don’t talk to her soon she will go to college and never see you again, do you want that?” Chaeyoung shouted a little, frustrated at the shyness of her best friend.

 

“No…can’t you come with me? I think it would be better.” Dahyun asked but her friend already had her apologizing expression on.

 

“Sorry, you know I have a big test today, I can’t miss it.” For a while silence filled the bathroom as both girls didn’t say anything after that, too deep into their own thoughts. Until Chaeng laid her hand on Dahyun’s shoulder and gave her a little kiss on her cheek.

 

“Come on you gonna do it. And after that we celebrate your new girlfriend, alright?” She smiled and with a little nod of Dahyun she looked around the bathroom.

 

“Why do we always discuss life changing matters in this bathroom? Really I can’t stand seeing my old graffiti on the wall all the time.” The small girl with short hair sighed and started to walk out of the bathroom only to glare at her friend by her last words.

 

“I think it’s cute, even tho no one knows it was supposed to be a heart, cause it looks more like a fried egg, it’s still one of your first works.” The sound of the door being shut aggressively left Dahyun with a chuckle back in the bathroom of this school. A long sigh escaped the left girl when she felt the silence taking over the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

There she was again, Kim Dahyun not knowing how to talk to her crush, let alone say she is in love with her. In love with the same girl since middle school. She always admired her from afar, yeah sounds like a stalker’s behavior, but she was just fascinated by this girl. Until she was old enough to understand that this invisible robe that pulled her closer to this girl was called love. She was totally in love with her.

 

But how should someone like Kim Dahyun talk to the queen of this high school called Im Nayeon?

 

Dahyun was an ordinary student, having normal grades and never having a showy behavior. She was just normal. Sure she sometimes had the weirdest ideas together with her best friend Chaeyoung and they do a lot of crazy stuff outside the school, but inside this house filled with teachers and other students she was just a not outstanding person. So ordinary that the girl of her dreams probably doesn’t even know she exists.

 

Im Nayeon was the total opposite.

 

Instead of Dahyun only having one friend called Chaeyoung, this girl had thousands of friends. Everyone in this school was just lined up to be called a friend of her. She was rich and had everything that someone could wish for, a chauffeur that always brings her and picks her up. Loving parents that care about her a lot and she had the best grades in this school. She was just perfection in one word.

 

And this pretty much already showed where the problem is. Nayeon was just everything Dahyun wasn’t, so why should she even accept to talk to her? To be honest those were always the thoughts Dahyun had before she was about to talk to her. This would just be another day of being shy and not able to talk. Or would it?

 

Dahyun clenched her teeth and suddenly moved her hand, that was built to a fist, forward. A stinging pain went thru her body, making her instantly regret her action when her fist collided with the wall. She pulled her hand back and blew on it, trying to avoid the tears that started to leave her eyes when not only frustration but also pain filled her mind. But maybe she needed that pain right now, cause she figured out one thing. If this would go on forever then she would never know on what beautiful future she missed out.

 

She had to talk to her, today. Taking in a lot of air inside her lungs and clenching her fist one last time, was all she needed.

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun went out of the bathroom, walking towards the hallways she knew her whole life. Passed all the lockers and rooms that were not in her thoughts right now. Courage following her all the way, making her look like a hero that was about to do a heroic act, putting her chin high to show proudness.

 

But as soon as she saw the door, the door that parted her from Im Nayeon and her classroom, all this strength left her body and she was back on being the little Dahyun she was. Trembling hands were the result and she slowly started to reach the doorknob. The tiny girl closed her eyes and swallowed the knot that was now in .

 

And with that it began.

 

She opened the door, looking at the bright lights in this class. So bright that she was lucky enough to not see the small glares of students sitting inside, wondering who entered. Soon those looks vanished and she took the first step in, walking slowly to her place that was right in the front of the teachers table. Not cause she was an outsider or wanted to study so damn hard, nope her eyesight gave her no other reason than to either sit here or wear her big ugly glasses. Lenses were out of possibilities as soon as she had her first allergic reaction to them. She rather wanted to sit closer to the blackboard instead of having puffy red eyes or everyone laughing at her big glasses.

 

As soon as she sat down and wanted to vanish in her anxiousness she heard it, the sound of something that made her instantly happy. A voice so clean and pure that she wondered if an angel was sitting a few meters away from her, but no, it was the laugh of Nayeon. A laugh so unique and cute at the same time.

 

And Dahyun could already imagen the scene behind her without looking at them. Jeongyeon, one of Nayeon’s closest friends, probably made a joke and the older one laughed at that while slapping the short haired one slightly on her shoulder. The groan coming from Jeongyeon was all she needed to hear to be hundred percent sure it happened like this.

 

“Ow, that hurts!” Jeongyeon’s voice started accusing the said girl and all Dahyun could do was to wait for the other one to say something. To hear that voice that somehow made her feel all butterflies inside her.

 

“Aw come on, don’t be so tense. Today is a special day!” Nayeon’s beautiful and angelic tone echoed thru the room, nothing more than her voice was what Dahyun desired right now. But this also made her think, what did she mean with special day?

 

“You remembered it? Are you really that crazy?” Jeongyeon scolded her with a light chuckle only to earn the next slap as Dahyun could hear her cry of pain.

 

“But you did as well! It’s the day we became best friends!”

 

Ah so that was the so called ‘special day’ from which Nayeon talked the last few days.

 

Dahyun knew those two were friends since childhood and nothing could break them apart. Actually she found it kinda cute, it was the same important bond that Dahyun had with Chaeyoung. So maybe they all could be friends when Dahyun finally had the guts to reveal her feelings. And that was it, that was all she needed to tell her mind right now. She needed to have those guts, the strength to say it. If not now then maybe never.

 

The tiny woman suddenly stood up, almost letting the chair behind her fall over at the sudden movement. Her silver hair was waving when she turned around in almost the same speed and fixed her eyes towards Nayeon. The black haired woman needed a while before she realized Dahyun was staring at her direction, but after she did, she gave her a confused look. She was waiting, waiting for the usual silent woman to say something. She was waiting for her to open . And Dahyun did that, she opened . Ready to finally tell her she loves her. To finally reveal her true feelings.

 

But what Dahyun didn’t predict in her sudden hit of courage was everyone else that was also staring. Jeongyeon’s eyes fixed at her as well as Jihyo’s. The two best friends of Nayeon that suddenly started to frown when Dahyun still didn’t say something. And so she stood there, unable to say anything, unable to get even the tiniest sound out of throat. It looked like she was frozen. A woman with an open mouth, ruined silver hair and widened eyes was staring at Nayeon, it couldn’t be any more uncomfortable for them. Dahyun felt how her cheeks began to burn from embarrassment, how her white, tofu like skin, changed it color to red.

 

“Are you ok-“ Before Nayeon could finish her question the asked girl sat down. Getting back into her chair as fast as she stood up. Her head buried in her arms and hoping that her reddish color would change soon.

 

God that was way too embarrassing.

 

Lucky for the tiny girl the teacher came right after she sat down and covered her face, leaving Nayeon unable to say anything after that. For the first time it felt like the class would never end. Usually Dahyun hated that the time flew by too fast, leaving her no chance to talk to her beloved crush, but now….now she just wanted to run away and drown herself in a freaking lake. She could hear tiny giggles behind her and could feel the stare of Jeongyeon and Jihyo. They were probably making fun of her, of how freaking stupid she was. That was the worst start of a conversation, a conversation that didn’t even happen cause she was too scared.

 

And then finally, finally the clock rang and let everyone know the class was over.

 

“So, I see you all tom-“ Before Miss Irene could even finish her class the small woman speeded out of it.

 

 

 

 

 

Out of the room she felt the embarrassing atmosphere. She walked as fast as she could, hoping her face wasn’t as red as before anymore and no one would notice it. Dahyun didn’t care about the meeting with Chaeyoung anymore. Sure she promised her friend to come, but not now. Not in this condition.

 

But not being with her best friend would also mean she couldn’t go home.

 

If she truly didn’t want to see Chae then she wasn’t allowed to go there. Her best friend would instantly search for her at home, she would ask her mom if Dahyun is in her room and even if the silver heard girl said she didn’t want to talk, the other would still find a way into her room. So this option was out. Walking thru the town and seeing a few cafes and other shops was also not what she wanted, there were way too many people. Not that she was anxious or had a social phobia, she was just not in the mood to have people staring at her face that still burned from her own humiliation.

 

And this let only one option there, only one place where she could go. That one place she always went to when she couldn’t take any more of Chaeyoung’s jokes or when her mom would suddenly try out new types of food that scared the out of her.

 

Their family shrine.

 

It wasn’t far away from her house but it was covered in a thick forest, so finding it as a stranger would definitely be very difficult, which lowered the change of Chaeyoung finding her.

 

She went home and started to put a few things inside her bag, hoping that the way down would be as well unnoticed as she came in. But sadly luck was never a thing that was on her side. Her mom looked a little worried at her only daughter.

 

“Is everything fine, sweetie? You are early.” She worriedly asked as she saw the slightly red color of her daughter’s normal white tone.

 

“Yeah, just a little stress in school. Tell Chaeyoung I went to the town when she asks where I am.” She lied to her mom and went as quick as she came out again. She hated it to lie to her mom or Chaeyoung, but she really needed to be alone right now. And that could only happen when she lied to them.

 

After that she went straight to that place without giving her mom or dad one look, she could already feel it strangely calming aura. It wasn’t a big shrine, but it was enough for her to get inside and sat herself on the bright wooden floor. Two big red pillars outside the shrine and four of them inside held the place together. Dahyun knew it soon would be dark outside as she always spent a lot of time here, so she lighted up the few stone lanterns and began to search for her book inside her bag. She wasn’t usual the type to read books, but this was the only thing that could distract her right now. Immediately she reached for it when she found it and lied down next to her favorite spot in this whole shrine.

 

The big fox statue, made of stone, in middle of this whole shrine. She knew the stories her mother and her dad always told her about this place. Their secret family story which had something to do with that fox, but honestly Dahyun never really cared about those phantasy stories. Who the heck believed in fox spirits in the twenty-first century? Definitely not Dahyun. Therefore she never really listen to her mother’s warning, that something ‘special’ could happen when she wasn’t careful about her words in it.

 

 

 

A few hours passed as she was deep thriving into story in the book. It wasn’t very exciting but enough to keep her going. Until one specific line.

 

‘And then she finally put all her strength together to call her out for a date’

 

“God damn it! Why is everyone having a better life then me?!” She shouted and threw the book, out of frustration, across the room. Without giving much attention to where she threw it and sadly it directly hit the fox statue. Dahyun jumped up and stood inside the shrine, looking at the stone sculpture she just hit, maybe waiting for anything special to happen. But even after a little while nothing happened. However Dahyun remembered all the warning her mom once told her, so maybe this could be her chance, maybe somehow her life would change, maybe this fox family spirit thing could help her problems.

 

“Can you hear me?” She started asking and stared directly at the statue.

 

“If this freaking fox is true then help me! I thought you are supposed to give out family luck, so where is my luck, huh?! Come on give me the strength to finally talk freely!” She paused between her screaming and took a little bit air inside so she could get out her frustration even more.

 

“I hate this. I hate this all so ing much, why can’t I just confess to her?” The silver haired woman shouted and began to get angrier and angrier inside this usual holy and peaceful place, which she used since she was a kid. But how stupid was she to really think something magical would happen. She facepalmed herself and shook her head after waiting for something that would never come. She was just glad no one saw her do this kind of stuff. If she wasn’t embarrassed enough before then she definitely would be right now.

 

After rolling her eyes one last time for waiting another useless second she decided to go home. It was already late and her phone showed at least fifteen messages and three missed calls from Chaeyoung. If she wanted to sleep at least a little bit tonight then she should soon get home and get all the scolding from Chaeyoung over her. While stepping out of the shrine and almost leaving it completely, she noticed that her bag was somehow lighter than before.

 

“Argh!” Dahyun groaned loudly as she noticed she forgot her book inside. Angrily she stomped back and went inside to get the book out of this freaking shrine but as soon as she went in, was left open. Her book lied on the ground, on that place it fell, at the place she hit the fox statue.

 

The fox statute that isn’t there anymore.

 

“Ok….what the ?” Dahyun talked to herself, not really accepting that this is true. How the heck could a freaking stone statue be gone just after a few seconds she left. There was no way a thief could be that fast. But she didn’t accept anything other in her mind. She didn’t allow her thoughts to think about anything magical. There was no way that could be true.

 

Ignoring her suddenly raced heartbeat the silver haired girl moved forward, trying to get the book on the ground with her slightly trembling hands. But as soon as she tried to grab it, it suddenly moved back. Was this some kind of cat and mouse game now? That can’t be happened right now, maybe she was dreaming and didn’t notice it? But after pinching her hand and feeling the pain she was still there, half sitting on the ground to grab the book.

 

“Okay….” Dahyun began to get confused, this was all too bizarre to be real. So again, she was about to grab that book that she needed and put it in her bag, but the same thing repeated. The book was dragged away from something Dahyun couldn’t see. First she started to think maybe Chaeyoung found out and was pranking her right now, but there was just no way her mom would mention this shrine and the tiny woman definitely would never come here on her own.

 

“Damn…Chae will never believe this happened.” Dahyun spoke out her thoughts, mostly to calm herself down from all those strange things. That was enough for her, she didn’t need that kind of stuff anymore, so the book wasn’t her main priority anymore. She wanted to leave, she just wanted to get way from this weird place. However as soon as she turned and walked into the direction of the exit, something hit her. Something hard hit her head hard.

 

“Ow!” She yelled out in pain and moved around, seeing the book, that was a few meters away before, suddenly directly behind her.

 

“What the fu-“ Before the tiny girl could speak out her confused and panicked words she was distracted by something else.

 

Or better said by someone else.

 

As she slightly looked up from the book and into the direction it came from, she meet eyes with a woman, sitting on the ground with a bright grin on her face.

 

“That’s for throwing it at me, I guess we are even now.” The woman before her said with a teasing tone in her voice. But right now Dahyun couldn’t really focus on what she said, she was too freaked out about her being here at all.

 

“W-Who the are you?!” Dahyun screamed and let her eyes stay wide open. When she walked in this woman was definitely not there and this shrine was way too small to hide her anywhere. So where the did she came from? That woman in front of her stood up slowly and squeezed her eyes a little with a big frown.

 

“Damn, do you people always scream that loud? You know my ears are more sensitive than your humans.” She pouted while saying it but this only made the tiny woman more freaked out.

 

“Humans-“ Right at the moment she wanted to finish her words she looked directly at the strange woman and couldn’t believe her eyes.

 

How did she not notice that at first?

 

On top of her blond, fluffy looking hair, were two big fox like ears starting to twitch. They were coming out right on her head and had the same bright, blond color of her hair. Her blue and shiny eyes were staring directly at Dahyun’s and squeezed together when the said woman started to grin. That smirk also revealed her slightly bigger canine teeth’s, that didn’t look human at all. And on top of that, if this wasn’t enough to make Dahyun loose her words, she also had a big, very fluffy looking, blond tail, that also was similar to a fox.

 

For a moment both woman were just staring at each other. Dahyun kinda loosing herself in her big blue eyes while she watched her ears twitch whenever the woman tilted her head slightly to the side. Obviously waiting for the tiny girl to say something.

 

“Okay, whatever weird cosplay freak you are, please get out of here.” Dahyun stated, not believing all of this and hoping her thoughts were right, that this creepy woman was just having a mental problem or something. But again the blond woman just giggled, rolling her eyes a little and then suddenly pointing her index finger in the direction Dahyun’s book was lying at. While fixing her stare to the book now, cause the woman pointed at it, Dahyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter