Chapter 15

The Girl and the Monster (feat. BTS' RM and Jun Jung Kook)

*~*Chapter 15*~*

 

My phone buzzed. I snatched it off my bed. It was a text message from Jung Kook. I smiled to myself as I opened it.

‘remember when you came to watch me film?’ the text read. ‘turn on the tv.’

A gasp escaped my throat. I dashed to the TV and switched it on to Channel 36. 

My phone vibrated again.

‘are you watching it now?’

I smiled to myself as I messaged back. ‘yes. can’t wait!‘

‘should we meet for dinner after the show?’

My smile widened into a grin. ‘of course!’

‘great! see you in an hour!’ he messaged back, followed by several heart emoticons.

My heart swooned. What’s with all these hearts? And should I send one back to him too?

I bit my bottom lip as I contemplated. He sent me the hearts first, so shouldn’t I at least send one back? 

Actually, after he kissed me that day, he acted as if nothing had happened between us. We still chatted and messaged as usual. I just couldn’t meet with him since he was still busy with his schedules. But if he’s asking me out for dinner tonight, then does that mean he has some free time tonight?

Deciding to bite the bullet, I sent back one heart emoticon and then turned my attention to watching the episode. In the distance, I heard RM’s bedroom door creak open.

Is he coming to watch Yubi act too? Or maybe he’s coming to see his friend act!

My attention switched back to the TV when the scene I saw being filmed came on. My heart raced as I sat forward. It felt so surreal watching the drama being filmed and then seeing it on TV. Jung Kook looked even more handsome. I can’t believe I actually know a famous person! On top of that, Yubi asked to be my friend too!

Yubi and Tae Young were engrossed in conversation at the dinner table as they caught up on lost memories. I watched the way Yubi looked at him, her eyes longing for him, Tae Young completely oblivious of her feelings. She laughed, her eyes filled with desire as she longed for their relationship to return to the way it was before, to the way they were inseparable as friends in high school.

Then I watched as Na Young entered the scene, my eyes absorbing the way Yubi’s expression fell, knowing that her best guy friend was now engaged to someone else. And then when Jung Kook showed up, her eyes twisted between love and pity, knowing that he loves her, but part of her heart was secretly with another man, a man who didn’t even know her true feelings for him.

Wow, she’s an incredible actress! I really envy the way she portrays those emotions so effortlessly and flawlessly!

Then came the scene where she said goodbye to Tae Young and Na Young. I watched as she hugged Tae Young, holding on to him for just a second longer, reluctant to let him go. Then she stepped back, hugging Na Young briefly before bidding the two of them goodnight with a bright smile, hiding the pain inside her. Then she turned back to the apartment.

This is it…

I sat on the edge of my seat.

Yubi entered the dark room. The screen went black. Then a small, orange flame flickered on, revealing Yubi and Jung Kook standing close to each other, face to face. Jung Kook approached her slowly, his eyes b with love, his smile soft. His mouth moved as he proclaimed his love for her.

My heart thudded as I watched Jung Kook get down on one knee.

“Turn it off,” RM’s rough voice suddenly split through the air.

I jumped up, whirling around in surprise. RM stood in the doorway, glowering at the screen. How long had he been standing there? How come I didn’t hear him come in?

“Turn it off!” he shouted.

I snatched the controller off the couch and hit the power button just as Jung Kook asked Yubi to marry him. The TV screen went black.

“Don’t you EVER watch that drama again in my house!” he roared.

My hands trembled as I nodded. Why is he so angry? What is it about Jung Kook and Yubi together that’s pissing him off? It is because it reminds him of his own engagement?

“Do you hear me?!” 

“Y—yes!” I stammered. I was shaking so much that the remote control suddenly slipped out of my hand. It hit the floor with a thud! The TV blinked back on. Oh, sh*t.

“I love you, Eun Mi!” Jung Kook exclaimed.

“NO!” RM cried. 

“I love you too!” Yubi replied.

Oh, God, I gotta make it stop! I ducked for the remote control just as Jung Kook grabbed Yubi and pulled her close. Their lips met.

RM covered his ears and squeezed his eyes shut. He started screaming, “Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!!”

I snatched the remote control off the floor and aimed it at the TV. The camera zoomed in on Yubi and Jung Kook’s faces as they kissed, deeply, passionately, lost in the moment.

“NOOOOOO!!!!!!!” RM screamed.

I pressed the power button. Click! The TV shut off.

RM grabbed the floor lamp and flung it to the ground with a cry. I screamed as it hit the floor; the bulb shattered into a hundred pieces. He yanked the throw pillows off the couch and flung them to the ground, kicking them away. He then snatched another lamp off the table and hurled it to the floor. 

“RM, stop!” I cried, watching in horror as he went on his rampage. 

The light bulb smashed to smithereens as it hit the floor. A sob escaped his throat, and he fell to his knees with a dull thud! The broken light bulb crunched underneath his weight, slicing into his knees. He didn’t winch at all.

“RM!” My instincts immediately took over my fear of him. I grabbed him by the arm and pulled it up. “Get up; you’re hurt!”

“Leave me alone!” he snapped as he pushed me back.

“No!” I fought back. “Get up! You’re bleeding!”

He roared and shoved me back. I cried out in surprise as I lost my footing and fell back, straight into the pieces of the other broken lamp. The broken shards from the light bulb sliced into my arm and hand. I cried out in pain. 

I groaned and pulled to my feet, grabbing his arm once again. “Get up, RM,” I murmured. “Please…” I pleaded as I ignored the sharp throbbing pain in my injured arm and hand.

“Leave me alone,” he muttered, pulling my hand off. 

“No.” I grabbed his arm again. 

His eyes suddenly shifted to my hand, to the blood now oozing down my injured arm, and I felt his body stiffen at the sight. “You’re hurt,” he mumbled, as if something suddenly switched on inside of him.

“You’re hurt too,” I said, “now get up.”

He averted his eyes. “No, leave me alone…” His voice was barely above a whisper.

I grabbed his arm again. “We need to get you cleaned up.”

“No, I said, leave me alone!” he roared, suddenly finding his anger again as he pushed me back once more. 

“No!” I grabbed his arm again.

He cried and shoved me again, this time harder and with more force. I cried out in surprise as I fell back onto the sofa. RM then bolted to his feet and dashed up the stairs to his room.

“RM!” I called after him, scurrying to my feet and scampering after him.

He slammed into his room. I reached the top of the stairs and grabbed the doorknob, but to my surprise, it was locked.

“RM!” I called again as I pounded on the door. “Open up!”

“No! Go away!”

“RM!!”

“I said, go AWAY!!!!”

With a sigh, I shrank back. This isn’t going to go anywhere. There’s no way I can reach him when he’s this angry.

I stared long and hard at the door before finally turning away with a sigh. If he won’t let me in, then I’ll just go ahead and get a first aid kit.

So I made my way back to my room, grabbed my purse, and headed out to the nearest convenience store. When I returned, RM was still locked in his room. No matter how much I tried to coax him to open the door, he still wouldn’t come out. So I left the first aid kit by his door and went to the downstairs bathroom to attend to my cuts. As I dressed my wounds, I heard RM moving about in his room.

I glanced up at the ceiling. When will you finally let me in, RM?