Chapter 01: Wedding Dress [WenRene]

One-shot Collections

Wedding Dress

Wendy woke up early that day, it’s a big day for her. She put on her best suits, check herself in the mirror and dang, she look good. She goes down and greets her best friend Seulgi and Joy.

“You ready?” asked Joy.

Wendy took a deep breath and nods “Yeah, I’m ready, let's go.”

The trio reached the wedding venue, they were greeted by their friends and family. Some of the guests had already arrived. Wendy excuses herself and went inside the venue to greet the guests. She can hear Taeyeon complained about the venue, Wendy purposely chose an open area because she wanted the wedding to be like a fairy tale. 

“But it’s a little chilly nowadays Wendy-ah.” said Taeyeon.

“Unnie you should wear something thick and not this.” Replied Wendy while pointing at Taeyeon’s dress.

“I need to look good too you know, I’m the infamous Kim Taeyeon~” said Taeyeon with a smug.

Wendy just laugh at her senior and she excuses herself to attend to other guests. Wendy invited all of the SM artists to the wedding, though initially it was supposed to be just for close friends and family but Wendy wanted to share the moments with everyone that they know. She even invited Blackpink, Apink and Twice members to come.

Wendy went to Yeri who is going to be the MC for the wedding together with Heechul “Hey, how’s the progress?” Wendy asked.

“So far so good, sound system is okay, Chul oppa is doing some adjustment because he thinks his mic volume is too low.” said Yeri.

Wendy gave them thumbs up, when she was about to leave Yeri holds her hand “Unnie…please be happy.”

Wendy smiles and show an okay sign and she mouthed the word ‘Okay’ before she left. It was a sunny day, the bird chirping in the sky, Wendy can see all the guests happily chit chat with each other. She smiles at some of the guests when their eyes met. She straightened herself and go straight to her position when the wedding MC announces the bride’s arrival. All of the guests took their seats and all eyes fixed on the bride when the entrance door opens.

Irene gracefully walks down the aisle with her father, she looks so beautiful in her white wedding dress. Irene’s beauty easily takes Wendy’s breath away. Wendy couldn’t take her eyes away from Irene, she couldn’t hide her smile either. Wendy and Irene exchange glances when Irene almost reach the podium. 

“Take good care of my daughter.” said Mr. Kim as he hands his daughter's hand over.

“I will Mr. Kim.” said Seulgi.

Wendy stood beside Seulgi as her bridesmaid, she watches the brides exchanging their vows and wedding rings. Once awhile she will catch Irene glances over to her. When the wedding officiator asked if anyone has anything to say or why the two shouldn’t wed, said it out or forever whole their peace. Wendy saw that Irene was looking at her direction. Wendy flashes Irene a forceful smiles and she gives Irene a thumbs up.

“You may kiss your wife Ms. Kang.”

Irene and Seulgi sealed their marriage with their wedding kiss, the crowd cheers for them. They hold hands and walk down the aisle. Everyone throw confetti at the newly wed to congratulate them. Wendy still stood there by the podium watching the happy couple walk down the aisle. Her heart feels like it got crushed into a million pieces. Her smiles turn into a sad face, everyone follows the newly wed to the front lawn for the bouquet tossing ceremony. 

“Seeing the one that you love marries your bestfriend is painful, you’re so strong that you can hide your feelings Wendy.” said Jisoo to the blonde haired girl.

Wendy tucks her hands in her pockets, she gives Jisoo a side smiles “If she’s happy, I’m happy,” said Wendy, but Jisoo can hear the sadness in her tone. Jisoo gives Wendy a pats on the back and she goes to join the crowds.

Wendy walks to the piano, she sits and starts to play Taeyang’s wedding dress on the piano.

Baby, please don’t take her hand

Cause you should be my lady

I’ve been waiting for you so long,

Please look at me now...

When the music starts you will vow to spend 

the rest of your life with him

How I prayed every night, this day would never come

The wedding dress you’re wearing…

The wedding dress you’re wearing…

It’s not me standing beside you…

Wendy sings softly the only verse in the song that she can relate to. She stops when someone approached her “You had your chance Wendy, but you didn’t take it.” said that person.

“She is happier with Seulgi.” said Wendy.

“But she wished that you are the one who make her happier.” Said Joy, and she joins Wendy on the bench, she puts her arm on Wendy’s back “You will one day find your own happiness…”

Flashback

Wendy and Irene were having dinner together, Irene was the one that invited Wendy to the dinner. It’s been awhile that the two of them spend time together after Red Velvet finished their promotion.

“Seungwan ah.”

“Yes?”

“Seulgi proposed to me.” Irene told Wendy. Irene and Seulgi started to date during their Really Bad Boy era, though Irene was reluctant at first, it was Wendy’s that pushed the two of them to be together. Seulgi is her best friend, so of course she will help her best friend to get the girl that she wants. Irene was just playing along, but things gets serious when Seulgi proposed to her. Irene likes both Seulgi and Wendy, but Wendy always rejected her just because Seulgi likes her. 

Wendy’s smile slowly faded but she forced it again “Wow! Finally! Congratulations unnie!” 

Irene frowns at Wendy, but Wendy pretended that she didn’t see it “I know Seulgi will make you happy, just like how she always do.”

“And you’re happy with me marrying her?”

“You two are the famous ‘SeulRene’ couple right? Everyone can see how in love you two are.” said Wendy.

“What happened to us Wendy?”

“Nothing, what do you mean what happened to us? You are still my beloved Joohyun unnie, and I’m still your Seungwanie right?”

“I’m disappointed in you Seungwan.” Irene slamed on the table and she walked away.

End of Flashback

Joy left when Yeri calls for her to take a group picture with the brides. Wendy sid she will join shortly when Yeri called for her too. Wendy takes out the ring that she hides in her pocket. She opened the velvet box to reveal a blue diamond cut ring “Too bad unnie, we don’t belong together. I know Seulgi will make you happier than when you’re with me.”

The End