Shixun

Lay Down Beside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following day, rather than making the time to have lunch with her beautiful wife, CEO Jung Mijoo had opted for dining with some of her employees which happened to include the newest interns, Solbin and Sehun.

Mijoo had made an effort to make sure that Sehun would be there and that he would be sitting next to her. She was not letting her newest target of a boytoy out of her sight. Even if the food was mediocre, at least Sehun was a feast for her eyes.

When it was time to split the bill, Sehun whipped out his wallet which inadvertently revealed that it carried a photo of himself and his cousin, Yifan. This drew Mijoo’s attention right away. She was surprised to discover that they were acquainted, but did not let it show on her face.

“Sehun-ah,” she began casually. “Who’s that handsome fella?” She asked, pointing at Sehun in the picture.

The boy giggled. “That’s me and my cousin at my birthday party last year,” he answered gladly, completely oblivious to his boss’ schemes and intentions. “Everybody seems to think that my cousin is so much more handsome though.”

“Nah, I wouldn’t even look twice at him if he’s standing next to you,” she lied, eager to keep his attention for an extra moment while Solbin and the other employees were working out the math and rummaging their purses for the right amount of cash. “Are you two close? I never knew my own cousins.”

“Oh, yeah, we are! He’s always so protective over me and he buys me food and takes me to the best restaurants in the city. Basically he spoils me, but,” he shrugged playfully. “I think I like it that way.”

“Did someone say ‘food’?” Solbin whirled and joined in on the discussion, and Mijoo let Sehun reveal as much as possible about his relationship with Yifan without prompting him as Solbin was already doing enough of that. As they chatted and Mijoo listened carefully, she hid her smirk and paid close attention. All this information was going to be very useful to her.

Jung Mijoo was a busy woman. She had not only extramarital affairs to spend her time on, but also business affairs. Promptly she had boarded a flight to Hong Kong to close a business deal, and so her employees were working under considerably less pressure as their boss was not around to keep a close watch on them. Sehun was downright shamelessly napping on the office desk, drooling too, whereas Solbin still diligently tended to the tasks she was assigned. However, when it was lunchtime, suddenly, for some strange, unknown reason, Sehun was not sleepy anymore, and dashed to the exit of the office so efficiently that Solbin with her much shorter legs struggled to follow.

“You having lunch with your boyfriend today?” Solbin asked as she and Sehun waited for the elevator.

“Nah, just my cousin,” Sehun answered.

“Oh, the handsome one?”

“No, I’m the handsome one.”

Outside the building, Yifan waited patiently. It was still a cold winter but luckily it was not too windy today. When a figure approached him, he looked up from his phone, thinking it must be Shixun, but it turned out to be somebody else.

“Oh my gosh, it really is you!”

“Yixing!” Yifan broke into a smile albeit surprised.

“We keep running into each other! And I was right, you’re even more of a cutie than last time,” Yixing guffawed. “I knew it.”

“Ah! I’ve said it before and I’m gonna say it again: YOU are the cutie here,” Yifan insisted, wondering if Yixing would allow him to poke his dimple.

“Nope, it’s you and that’s final,” Yixing decreed. “Anyway, what are you doing here? I’m waiting to have lunch with my friend; she works here.”

“Oh? Same here, I’m waiting for my cousin. You remember Shixun from the Chinese New Year party, right? He works here too,” Yifan explained, and told Yixing the name of Mijoo’s company.

Yixing chuckled. "Did I ever tell you? I actually only went to the Chinese New Year party because I knew your cousin would be there. Kinda wanted to chat him up but, well,” he shrugged. “It was pretty clear that he was spoken for."

Yifan gaped at Yixing and then frowned. This felt wrong, the thought of Yixing with someone else, not to mention his baby cousin. "You and Shixun?!" He blurted, shaking his head and making a face in displeasure. "What the hell. No. You're mine."

His reaction made Yixing laugh. "I'm yours?"

It took Yifan a moment to realize what it sounded like. But he was not okay with pushing Yixing into the arms of another. "Yeah," he as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter