Cat VS Dog

Catwalk
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seoul Fashion Week 2020 

--------------------------------

Being a runway model comes with ups and downs but I've come to love my job.

The standards of being a model are insane and sometimes a hassle to take care of but I could always rely on my manager Yerin, even though she teases my and pesters me to death. But changing, walking, and living in the limelight isn't too hard. I'm adored by many and live quite luxuriously in a penthouse.

Though I can't peacefully go out and see my friends, I make it work by hanging out at more private areas in Gangnam. Surprisingly I get to see my closest friends often. 

Yerin is my best friend who I have known since our early teenage years. SinB is her girlfriend and a well known choreographer working with many idols such as TWICE and (G)-IDLE. I met Yewon in high school and she was like a little sister to me whom I love. She currently lives with her girlfriend Yuju, a dog hybrid. Yewon is a makeup artist and sometimes works at events such as these, and Yuju, despite her fluffy dog ears and tails poking out, she sings. Her voice is one that could match the angels above. I love them whole-heartedly but sometimes they get on my nerve about trying to get me to go out with someone and finally get a girlfriend. They think I'm too uptight, and the only solution is getting laid. 

erted kids these days.

I roll my eyes at the thought of that as I stand backstage while stylists are rushing around me trying to fix my clothes last minute. The producers signal for me and I line up at the entrance taking deep breaths before I enter the spotlight. The girl wearing a headset nodded towards me and lifted her arm, letting me pass.

In, out. Let's get this Sowon. 

My whole demeanor changed as I took a step. I became a whole new character as I hardened my facial expression. Music was blaring as I strut out into the light and stride towards the end of the runway. I see the spectators out of my peripheral holding up their phones and snapping photos of me and the outfit. Photographers are lined up in the back of the venue flashing their cameras towards me. 

I meet up with the end of the runway and pose with my hand on my hip, slightly smirking before turning around and walking back to where I came from. Other girls also came out and I admired their beauty they held along with me. I smile at a newer model, trying to encourage her when she walked past me.  

I reach the end and it's time to change again.

~~~

"Unnie!" You were so chic up there!" Yewon jumped from excitement.

"Thank you Yewon-ah." I smiled and pulled her into a tight hug. 

My manager, Yerin came running towards me, "Wah! Daebak Unnie!"

She came crashing onto me with a bear hug and I grunted from the hard impact. 

"Yerin... I need to breath," I was able to sputter out.

"Oh sorry, not really unnie but whatever lets you sleep at night," Yerin said with no concern and gave me a cheeky smile. Why this little bi-

"Hey Yewon!" She smiled brightly, ignoring my cold gaze.

Yewon smiled back, "Hey Yerin-unnie."

Yerin gave a side hug to Yewon and patted her head. "You've grown a little!" 

"Unnie!" Yewon pouted and I laughed.

"So what are you going to do now?" Yewon asked me.

"Hmm, maybe I will take a little break. The fashion season has slowed down and shows after shows really kill my body. I need some rest." I said with some thought.

"Makes sense unnie, your schedule was so packed we could never see you. SinB and Yuju-unnie also miss you." spoke my cutie Yewon.

"And you can also finally get yourself a girlfriend and get laid!" Yerin added.

"Shhh! Not so loud!" I panicked, clamping a hand on and looked around. "Keep your mouth shut Yerin!" I swear one day I'm going to smack the living daylights out of this loud mouth.

"We should celebrate Sowon-unnie, tomorrow at Yerin-unnie's house." Yewon clapped with happiness. "I bet SinB and Yuju-unnie will be able to come tomorrow."

I saw Yerin smirk, "Of course we should! Unnie?"

I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything, I know once Yerin and Yewon have something on their mind, they are set solid until they get what they want.

"Great! I just texted them to meet up tomorrow at 7PM. You better be there Sowon-unnie. I actually have something to give to you. My uncle gifted it to me but Yuju doesn't want it so I need to give it away." Yewon gave her infamous pout which I couldn't resist. Also slightly curious to see what these two kids have for me.

"As Sowon's manager it's already on her schedule." Yerin interjected while on her phone, making it impossible to reject, "She'll be there Yewon, won't she?" She gives me a meaningful glance.

Letting out a sigh, I could only shake my head, and to think they are actually my friends.

"I guess so, I'll see you tomorrow then Yewon because I need to change and catch up on some rest." I excuse myself and head towards the dressing room to change into something more comfortable than a skimpy top and tight pants.

I come out makeup-less and wearing a sweatshirt with some sweats. I see Yerin waiting outside for me on her phone.

Yerin looks up and sees me, "Let's go Sowon-unnie. My SinB is getting ." 

I gag, "TMI I do not need to know about your life with SinB."

Yerin laughs but eventually quiets down when she sees the bags under my eyes. "Make sure you get some rest. I'll wake you up when we get to your place."

We walk to the care in a peaceful silence as many people left already to go to an afterparty and enter a sleek black van. Yerin turns on the engine and starts to move away from the venue and head towards my place. My eyes already closing on their own.

~~~

"Unnie! You're here!" Yuju bounded towards me and jumped into my arms. knocking all the air out of my body.

"Yu-Yuju. Oh my god." I breathe out, trying to tap her.

She pulls away and chuckles a little, "Ah, sorry unnie." 

"It's okay, but next time give me a little warning." I pat her head and rub her ears which she instantly relaxes at.

"Unnie! You decided to come after all!" Yerin came over and slapped my back so hard I choked on my saliva.

I cough and look up at her with a glare. "Yah! Yerin!" I slap her right back equally, if not harder.

She whines and hugs SinB. "TtinB, she hurt me."

"Well you started it first." SinB bluntly says and I smile in victory.

Yerin pouted even more and I look at her disgustedly. "Ew. Get out if you're going to act like that."

I laugh as she gave me a mean look.

"Where's Yewon, Yuju?" I turn and ask the puppy who hasn't left my side and even intertwined our hands.

She shrugged dejectedly. "She left me."

"She didn't leave you." SinB rolled her eyes.

"But she's not here!" Yuju points out.

"She's getting food and picking up Sowon-unnie's surprise you dummy."  

"But she didn't take me with her." By now Yuju's dog ears were lying flat on her head.

"Don't worry, she'll be back." I pat her.

Right on cue Yewon walks in the apartment hold a carrier and bags of takeout food.

"I'm here!" Yewon smiles when she sees us all in the living room.

"Yewon!" Yuju's eyes lit up and ran towards her but quickly halted. 

She slightly sniffed the air around Yewon. "You're cheating on me!" Yuju seethes.

Yuju starts crying, "And to think you were the one... I even bit you to mark you as mine..." Yuju and her dramatic enters the scene.

Yewon rolled her eyes. "It's for Sowon-unnie you pabo." 

She kisses Yuju on the cheek and walks past her putting everything down on the floor and lied down, closing her eyes. "Ahh~ I'm so tired." 

Yuju stayed a good 2 meters away from Yewon and clung to SinB which Yerin was not happy with as SinB cuddled with the little, tall puppy to soothe her nerves.

"Babe, aren't you going to give me a hug?" Yewon asked with her eyes closed not seeing the drama unravel before her.

"No." Yuju stated firmly. "You brought a cat."

"Oh my god! For the second time, my uncle gave it for me becasue he thought I was lonely and he's a pet keeper so he thought a cat would keep me company!"

"Whatever. A cat is a cat no matter where it's from." Yuju said before shifting into her small dog form.

"Yuju?" Yuju asked opening her eyes to see SinB cuddling her dog. "Yah! That's my Yuju!"

Umji tried to snatch the dog from SinB's grasp only for Yuju to jump from SinB's lap and run away.

"Argh~"

Please log in to read the full chapter