Deal

How to Say Goodbye

 

 

The trip to China was unexpected. Ji Hyo had plans of seeing Jae Suk that evening when her Manager called and informed her that the stills of their photoshoot was burned and they have to re shoot everything again since the product was due for launching within a month.

 

“We will be there like two to three days. I think I need to follow up on the offer of a show there “

A show. Some commercials and there was a beauty show being offered to her and another reality show in China. Her new agency has connections in China so getting projects wasn’t a problem. She will be fine and busy which is what she wanted in the first place.

 

When her old contract from her former company was about to end, she asked few people from her first agency to help her scout a small agency that can help her find projects in China or outside Korea. Her executive friends were a bit surprise of what she wanted. “Are you leaving Korea? You have a good career here and there are big companies that are very interested in getting you “she didn’t answer them directly, all she told them that it is a good opportunity to have jobs abroad as well. There were two big agencies that send feelers few months before her contract expired but she opted to keep it at bay, while she weighs on things. Big and establish agencies will surely make her career soar more but there are rules that needed to be followed and doesn’t want that. She wants to breathe and make decisions as well along with her new agency. She even came to a point of thinking of putting up her own agency but when she consulted her family about it, they preferred she look for people who will deal in behalf of her and avoid stress. She was worried for a while since she couldn’t find the one agency that is willing to handle her and some of her “requests”. There were so many things running in her that even in filming the variety show they noticed her being extra quiet but as always, she just told them she was just a bit under the weather so as not to be bothered by the people around her.

 

She was ecstatic when finally, she was able to sign in with her new agency. It was a small one with only one artist in their sleeve but what she liked about it was they didn’t have problem with the requests she made though they were taken aback with what they heard. When Ji Hyo opened up about what she is going through the management understood. Ji Hyo has large fan base both in Korea and abroad and she has a good working attitude and have a wonderful relationship with the staff and crew in her previous projects so it wasn’t going to be hard marketing her. In fact, two companies from abroad contacted them a day after the news broke out that she signed in her new agency. So, they are off to a good start.

The only set back they are going to face is the Running Man show. She instructed them to go directly to the Variety Show head department of the network before talking with the PD’s. So, for the past few weeks they were negotiating with the Management and it was specifically requested by Ji Hyo to keep mum about the whole deal. Her new agency understood her point as to why especially after learning about what she is going through, though her Manager would have preferred to talk to the PD first before going to the higher management.

 

Her Manager was very thankful that the people in the variety show department of the network were mostly her former colleagues in her previous and some were old friends. Luck seemed to be really Ji Hyo’s good friend that the request of keeping it a secret was possible for weeks. Though most of them were really surprise by the decision and were negotiating with them because they know Ji Hyo leaving will greatly affect the show itself. She is the second most popular member of the show next to Jae Suk and the name Song Ji Hyo is already attached to the variety show for almost a decade.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a beautiful Thursday evening and Jae Suk just done filming for his other show. It was good day and the staff and crew were a bit pleased with the whole filming and so he decided to treat them to dinner in Haha’s restaurant. He also wanted to unwind after almost three days straight of meeting and filming.

 

Around 10:00 pm when he thought of calling it a night and going ahead of the crew and staff when his phone started ringing. He was surprise when he saw who was calling. It was Song Ji Hyo. He decided to excuse himself to answer the call.

 

“Miss Mong..are you back already? “ was his answer to Jo Hyo’s Hello. He can hear laughter from the other line. He was kind of happy to hear her laughing.

“ Oppa am sorry I wasn’t able to tell you guys about my trip. It was too sudden. but yeah, am back and I was hoping to see you tonight if you aren’t tired and busy “

 

Jae Suk was relieved with what he just heard and thought of letting the others know about it after the call. He would take the risk of inviting to join him and Ji Hyo though he was a bit worried that Ji Hyo might not like it but this is one chance to put all the worried behind and hear from her the truth.