I am No Ace

How to Say Goodbye

 

 

Ji Hyo let out a sigh while staring at her phone. Some people in her agency had left already after the two meetings. It was exhausting at some point she wanted to stop and just forget about leaving but each time she comes to filming the loneliness creeps in but she tries so hard to keep it from the others. So many times, she would space out in the middle of filming because of what’s she’s going through.

 

“ Unnie? Are you okey? “her stylist for so many years was standing beside her. She smiled and nod.

 

“ I was thinking of meeting Jae Suk Oppa “ the stylist look at her with concern “ Are you going to tell him already?” “Actually, he called and invited me for dinner but with the two meetings it was impossible. But he said we can meet after the meetings. ““Are you going to see him?” “I don’t know. Tell me. Should I meet him tonight and tell him? Or do I wait when everything is final ““It would be nice to see him and talk to him,Unnie. They will know anyway but are you ready? “. Ji Hyo shook her head “I thought this is going to be easy. Now that we are halfway done, it is starting to sink in that I will leave everyone I love here and I don’t even know how they will feel “the younger woman hug Ji Hyo and she hug her back. “We will always understand and we will always be here for you, Unnie. Do what you think is the best for you”. Ji Hyo hugged her tightly and cried. The two remained that way for a time. Her stylist just holding her while she was crying, the younger woman had seen her struggles and pain and although it hurts her to see her Unnie leave she thinks too it is the best solution. She thinks Song Ji Hyo is the strongest person she knows. For quiet a time her Unnie had kept things to herself. Though there are moments she lets her guard down but oftentimes than not she keeps the shield to herself. They were all taken aback when she told them about her plan. This was after her birthday when she invited her closest circle in their home in Pohang. And this was the time they saw the Ji Hyo they never even thought is capable of breaking down. It was an emotional night for all of them. How was she able to keep all these to herself?

 

 

“It’s hard to be called the Ace “she remembers Ji Hyo telling them that. They were having a bonfire in the beach front of the property she bought for herself, this was after dinner, when everyone was just relaxing while listening to music and some were just enjoying star gazing. “Everyone expects you to be strong. But what if am not really strong? “the actress continued, she was seated in the middle of them, looking at the bonfire. It was like she was talking to herself. It dawned to them that she was talking to them. She was telling them something. “Did you know that it’s sometimes a burden to be called that?. People expect too much but I can’t blame them because I also thought at some point, I am the Ace, only to realized the hard way, I am not. I am just Song Ji Hyo “

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kwang Soo wanted to call her Noona and ask her about what he just found out. But he knows he isn’t ready to hear it from her. Though they had confirmed that indeed she is going through something and leaving might be an option but he is still hopeful it’s not the case. He looks up to her like a sister. Sure, they have their share of arguments and fights but at the end of the day they are still “siblings”. Ten years together isn’t a joke. He has seen her many facets of life and he thinks she is a very strong woman. Sure, she has her temper but deep inside her is a very caring Noona. And thinking about her leaving the show is still upsetting. He thought she was happy with RM and with them, but why now is she thinking of leaving? He remembered when he found out about Kang Gary leaving the show then, it took him time to really adjust that he isn’t joining them each week anymore. And now, Ji Hyo..his beloved Noona has plans of leaving him also. He was in that state when his phone beeped. A message from her.

 

“ A text from Noona “ he blurted out to the men, showing the notification. All eyes were on him and his phone.

 

 

“Yah! Are you still filming that movie? I have a little surprise for you! *smiley * “

He smiled at her message, he knows what she is referring to. The others smiled and Suk Jin laughed “ She is finally sending you coffee truck “ and all of them agreed laughing.

 

“ I wonder what is that surprise. Are you finally telling me about your lovelife? * smiley* “ he replied. A minute later her reply came.

 

“ Am sending you lots of love that will last you a lifetime.. I miss you Girin “

 

 

 

 

They became quiet again after he read the reply.

 

“ Hyung this is really driving me crazy now. Please please let us see her and talk to her once and for all. And maybe this is just a prank “ it was Haha looking at Jae Suk. That time Jae Suk was dialing Ji Hyo’s number again and motioned the men to keep quiet while waiting for her to answer the call.