Prologue

Risky finds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You are going to get us in a lot of trouble for this!” Junmyeon hissed, keeping his voice low as he ducked under the backseat of his own car, huddling his legs towards his chest.

“It’s fine. I told you I’ll be quick. Just shut up,” Kyungsoo retorted from the front seat, where he was ducking and trying to hide from view too.

 

Kyungsoo was snapping pictures with a camera lens specially dedicated for targets at a long-range, a necessity considering the career path he chose to put himself into as a journalist for a medium-sized publishing company.

Kyungsoo was currently doing a stakeout in Junmyeon’s MPV, which was parked in a parking lot outside a high-rise building that was known to house the office of “Sejun Corporations”, a privately-owned company that mainly operates a personal financing business alongside other smaller ventures.

 

While the field of journalism Kyungsoo was supposed to be doing had nothing to do with Sejun Corporations or their businesses, he had a personal motive and agenda to be doing this.

However, Kyungsoo’s had a specific target in mind and that was Park Chanyeol, the CEO of Sejun Corporations.

 

 

 

“Come on, man. I don’t want to get in trouble for this. I have a wife and kids to feed,” Junmyeon complained, putting his head between the seats to look at Kyungsoo attempting several positions to take pictures from inside the car without being discovered.

“Look, I’ll give you extra gas money for this and some pocket money for your kids’ allowance,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, looking back at Junmyeon, “Just let me borrow your car for a little longer.”

Junmyeon sighed, “I don’t know why I agreed to this. I know you were up to no good when you said you needed my help.”

“This is part of the job, okay,” Kyungsoo insisted, clicking on the shutter button rapidly, checking the storage capacity every now and then to make sure the photos were being saved.

“Nuh-uh,” Junmyeon retorted, “You were supposed to interview that newly debuted girl group so we could print the article and sell it to their fans for money. But instead, you’re staking out the CEO of a well known financin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter