A Memory Like Yesterday

Winter Nights

"Whee In"

A low pitch voice called over me. My body starts to stiffen and my heart began to race like hell. One word was enough to send shivers to my spine. It was the voice I knew all too well. The voice that used to wake me up in the morning and put me to sleep at night. The voice that used to put happiness on my lips yet the reason behind all the pain I am in today. I slowly turn my head to confirm if I was right and pinch my thighs to know if this was all real. 

It was her.

The girl who's responsible for all the pain and misery I am in today. Her eyes were fixed to mine and so is mine. She smiled at me and my whole system starts to crash. It felt like all the foundation I had built for myself to stand again after suddenly collapse. The words she said before she left came running down in my mind like it was a river. I'm only sitting here for a good ten minutes yet now I feel like a frozen rock. I cursed the wind in my mind. I didn't know what to do and I felt like I'm panicking but before I lose my mind, it snows.

It snows just like the night we confessed to each other and became officially together. I remember it all so clear that it aches my heart. I tried to contain all my emotions and get myself together. I still don't want to look pathetic in front of her. So I gather all my strength and courage I have and replied to her.

"Byul unnie"​​

I cursed the wind in my mind multiple times as my voice cracks up and came out like a choked cry. I know Byul did hear the pain in my voice as her eyes changes from that starry eye she always has to regretful eyes and the quite big smile in her face turns into a small one. I can't lie, it kind of gave me some hope. I feel like a fool hoping again and again right now. I hated myself more because of this.