Where It All Begun

Winter Nights

My eyes began to blur and my heart began to ache like hell. It's funny to think about how I felt like my whole body was torn into pieces but physically it wasn't. 
As tears began to fall and everything in my mind became so hazy. The words I want to say were left stuck in my throat. 
She left me.
She broke all her promises.
And perhaps I'm the one who's at fault.
Maybe I wasn't enough.
I hate myself. 
No, that was an understatement.
I hate my whole existence. 

-------------------

It's already winter again. The season I used to love. Yes, it's been a year but the memories still remain like it all just happened yesterday. The pain I felt before already turned into numbness. I didn't know when did I turn to be this kind of person. Cold and distant. I hate it. 

The cold wind blows and somehow it manages to bring me back to reality. It's already been three minutes and I'm still staring at this bench, the place where it all began and also ended. I think maybe Hyejin was right, I should stop passing this park.

Hyejin was my middle school best friend and soul mate. She really wasn't meant to be here in Seoul with me but the girl can't stop overthinking when I told her I was moving and end up coming with me. She never left my side from the day we met, held me to the days I needed her the most. She took care of me like her own sister. Fulfilling what she had promised to my parents before we left Jeonju and I can never be more thankful to have her here by my side. 

Despite of the cold wind blowing, I decided to sit on the bench. I don't know why I kept torturing myself like this but somehow reminiscing the good things that had happened here helped me to continue yet also hindered me from healing. Who I'm gonna fool here, of course, the fun memories always come with painful ones. I hate myself for doing this.

I sat there for almost ten minutes lost in my thoughts. The cold wind blows harder this time so I turn my head a little bit to counter the wind when a very familiar figure appeared in some distance and caught my attention. The person is walking calmly. It's already past ten. Strange I thought. It's quite rare for me to see someone passing here during this hours. I like to think that maybe this person is also looking for comfort like me. It's funny how I always come up with this conclusion just to feel that I'm not alone, right? I can barely see the person's face from the distance since I have a bad eyesight. God, why do I always forget my glasses in the office.

The person continued to walk and slowly shortens the distance between us but I still couldn't see her face. God do I look weird trying to see the person's face or just straight up rude I thought. I don't want people to think I'm a ert or something especially it's already night so I look back to the trees I was staring the whole time and kill all the curiosity I have for the person walking when I heard someone called my name.

 

"Whee In?"