Honesty

The Color of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sleep hadn't come easily for Yangyang, thinking about the fight he had with Hendery. He really did want to open up to the other man, but it was hard for him to tell him everything and allow him to see that side. When he was trying to fall asleep, he felt an overwealming sadness come over him, settling on him and threatening to choke the life out of him. He felt like crying, but no tears would come out, so he curled up on his bed and held his chest, breathing heavily. Trying to figure out what had brought this sadness on, he pulled himself out of bed and the light to look at his ring. 

It all made sense when he saw that the ring was solid black and had cracks in it. Jumping to his feet, he grabbed his phone and texted Hendery. 'Are you okay? I've been such a fool. Is this what happens when a relationship ends, too?' He knew the last part didn't make sense, but he really didn't know what was going on, so it was a genuine concern. He could still feel his heart beating much faster than usual, and that didn't make sense, either. Something had to be wrong. 

Turning on the television, he flipped to the news. After getting through half of it, he knew what had happened that had caused him to hurt so much. There had been an accident and one of the cars was crunched and had rolled, but it still looks a lot like Hendery's car. The news story was talking about the driver of the blue car being in critical condition at the hospital, and Yangyang knew that was Hendery. Dialing the number of one of his friends he knew would be awake, he tried to keep his voice calm. 

"Sorry, Sicheng gege. I know it's late, but could you give me a ride to the hospital? The busses aren't running now, and Renjun had to work early in the morning, and ..."

"Yangyang! Calm down. You're going a million miles a second right now," Sicheng's coice was calm, but worried, trying to figure out what was going on. "What happened? Why do you have to go to the hospital? Are you okay? I'm heading over right now with Vernon." 

Yangyang felt like he couldn't speak for a moment, his throat closing up. Clearing his throat, he took a deep breath. "I'm okay, but I think something happened to Hendery. I just feel it. I'll explain on the way." 

Sicheng nodded on the other side of the phone, getting in his car with his boyfriend. "We'll be there in a minute, okay? Just get ready to go. I'll see you soon."

"Okay. Thank you," Yangyang could feel ice creeping over his heart, and his chest still hurt. Grabbing his jacket, he stepped into his shoes without socks and locked his house just in time to see headlights approaching. "Thank you again." He uttered the words, be felt as if he was far away. 

                 *********************

Yangyang hated hospitals, mostly because they reminded him of the finality that death held over him. Th walls were solid white, looking like a science lab or something, and the crisp smell made him feel even more sick to his stomach. 

"Let me take care of this, and I'll get you in to see him," Sicheng whispered to his friend as they approached the check in desk. Yangyang simply nodded, unsure of his speaking ability at the moment. 

"Good morning! We're here to see Guanheng Huang. I'm a friend of his, and this is his husband, Yangyang," Sicheng smiled at the woman, lying through his teeth. "Is he taking any visitors right now?" 

The tired receptionist smiled at them, distracted as she glanced at his chart. "He's in room 203, in the ICU. I believe he's out of surgery, too."

"Thank you, ma'am," Sicheng led the way, happy that the woman had been distracted and hadn't paid enough attention to what was actually happening. When they were almost to the room, Yangyang glanced at his phone, noticing that it was 2:00 in the morning, so the accident must have happened around 10 or 11:00 the night before. That was around the time he had began feeling the pain, but hadn't reacted to it until later. 

"We'll wait out here,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter