Ch.9

Burning Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The anniversary of the fire passed by and this time it wasn't with so much sadness as both Byul and Yongsun decided to spend the day together which both of them had no problem with and they hung out like the old times.

It was time for Byul to get to work and for the first time she dreaded it, her mind was occupied with thoughts of Yongsun and some of Lucky too, she couldn't forget about that little dog she saved that brought her back to Yongsun. Byul wanted nothing more than to spend the day with Yongsun, she decided to make the best of it anyways and enter work with a positive attitude.

Byul walked into the department that she has seen too many times from visiting her father at work, the old concrete walls are still the blinding red and she moves her hand across the wall over the department's insignia as she passes and takes a deep breath, it feels like she is coming back home from a long trip and it brings back memories of all the times she has spent here as a kid.

Byul moves with a stride to her locker that doesn't go unnoticed by Chen who gives her a smirk, "Wow you look way too happy to be here, what happened to you over the weekend to put that pep in your step?" He asked.

Suddenly Byul regrets the positive attitude she decided to present, "Um, maybe lots of rest?" She says and looks over him to see his smirk turn into a big grin.

"Alright that is a weird name for a girl, her parents must have wanted lots of rest when they named her. Come on Byul you know I know you better than yourself sometimes so give me the details." Chen says as he leans against the lockers next to Byul with his arms crossed

"Really regretting the positive attitude" Byul thinks to herself. "Ahh fine ok, you're really lucky I don't feel like shutting up about this yet, so.. long story short I saved a dog and took it to a clinic in town and it just so happened to be Yongsun's clinic." Byul said with a wide smile.

"Wait wait, Yongsun.. your Yongsun the Yongsun?!" Chen asked and placed his hands on Byul's shoulders tightly and not letting his now wide eyes leave Byul's face.

"Yes, one hundred percent my Yongsun." Byul laughed

"Holy ! Tell me more why give me the short story?!" He said while locking the now excited Byul into a hug.

Byul told Chen as much details as she wanted to spare, they talked for a while with Chen every once in a while asking questions and got interrupted by the Captain who cleared his throat beside them, "If you two are done I'd like to hug this little hamster." The Captain said with a chuckle.

"Aww come on I'm not little anymore" Byul said giving the Captain a hug. "You may not be litt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter