| Stay |

A Familiar Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No matter how much Ji Hyo tried to delay the end of the date, time seems to have a grudge against her. Because there they were, standing outside of her apartment. The end of the night fast approaching. Kwang Soo was standing a foot away from her. The soft hue of the moonlight reflecting against her eyes, enchanting him. “So...” Ji Hyo starts, not knowing what to say. She really didn’t want to part ways with him. The night was young and so were they. She only gets one first date with Kwang Soo, she thought. So why not push her luck? When has her luck ever failed her, right?

 

“Hmm...” She hums, thinking of anything that could get him to stay even just a tiny bit longer.

 

He stares at her. Not wanting to leave either. “Yes, noona?” 

 

“I had a wonderful time, Kwang Soo ya. I hope you did too.” The pair exchange shy smiles. Neither of them making a move to end the night just yet. But neither was also brave enough to ask for the other to stay. Ji Hyo didn’t want to be selfish of Kwang Soo’s time, while Kwang Soo didn’t know if Ji Hyo would even let him into her place. The pair clueless as always.

 

“I couldn’t ask for anything more.” Taking her hand, he kisses each digit delicately. “Gomawo, noona. Thank you...” He says, still not letting go of her hands. “So... I guess I should-“

 

“Love?” She interrupts, panic showing in her eyes. Quickly, she tries to find an excuse to invite him in. She doesn’t want to sound like someone with ulterior motives though. “...Since we couldn’t watch that movie last time, would you want to see it with...me?” She said, clearly grasping at straws.

 

“Last time?” 

 

She blushes. 

 

Kwang Soo looks down, trying to suppress a grin. “Ah, last time. When Jong Kook hyung dragged me out for a drink?” 

 

“If you want... But if you’re busy, it’s fine. I guess...” Pouting slightly, she turns to unlock the door. Embarrassed of her lame attempt to make him stay. She pouts even more at the sound of his footsteps. He must be leaving.

 

“So... what movie are we watching?” Her face instantly lights up at the sound of his voice.

 

The two made themselves comfortable on the couch, a blanket thrown over the couple. The actress now in more comfortable clothes: an oversized shirt and pajama bottoms. She leans against Kwang Soo who is now only wearing the white button down shirt, his blazer neatly folded on the coffee table. 

 

“Noona, why did you put on such a scary movie?” The tall actor whines, snuggling closer to Ji Hyo as he tries to desperately block out the sounds from the movie. 

 

“Ya, the scary part is over. You’re squishing me!” She laughs as his breath tickles her neck. 

 

Realizing how close he was to her, he straightens up as he proceeds to remove his arm from her waist and rests it against the back of the couch instead. “Ah, mian.” He awkwardly says.

 

Kwang Soo concentrates on the movie again. Unfortunately, a frightening creature pops up from the screen making him flinch. He thought to himself that he might be done with horror movies for now. Distracting himself from any possible jump scares on the tv, he suddenly asks, “Love, if you could change anything from our date, would you want to change anything?”

 

She looks over at him. The top two buttons of his shirt open. The man looks like he belongs in her home and for a second she wishes she could come home to him like this everyday. “Kwang Soo love, it was perfect. It was just... perfect.” She replies briefly but honestly, her head resting on his shoulder as her arm wrapped around him. He was warm in the best way possible. “But there’s this one thing...”

 

“What thing?” He panics, afraid he has done something to mess up the dat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter