FINAL

Falling All In You

How to make your best friend falling for you? How to know if she has the same feeling for you too? And how to make your-

‘Excuse me, Hyewon unnie! Sorry to burst your bubble on ‘How to make your best friend’ episode but Eunbi unnie almost burn her feet as she waiting for her usual flat white.’ Said the small body Nako to Hyewon who also known as the café owner.

‘Eunbi already here??! Where? Damn, you should have notify me so that I can start roast the beans early and she would complain to me all day if the taste is not the same as usual just like she did two weeks ago and-

‘HOLD ON THERE HYEWON UNNIE! WHY ON EARTH YOU ARE TALKING ALONE?’

‘Huh? Chaewon? Where is Nako by the way? I swear she was just beside me a minute ago!’

‘Tsk tsk! I saw her already went back to the kitchen after putting the cakes inside the display table. And, one hot mocha and iced earl grey latte please. Thank you.’

‘Alright. One flat white, one hot mocha and one iced earl grey latte will be serve soon. Have your seat first Chaewon-ah.’

‘Unnie, I believe I only said mocha and earl grey latte. My girlfriend and I are the first customer for today.’ Chaewon said to the clueless barista.

Hyewon then turn her head to one occupied table near the window where Hitomi already start to write something while waiting for Chaewon.

Damn! That devilish Nako must clown on me again!

‘And the usual ricotta cheesecake I believe Chae?’ Hyewon asked.

Chaewon just nodded her head and thus scan her smart phone to the QR code machine to proceed for the payment.

‘Thank you Hyewon unnie and I think your No. 1 customer will greet you in 5 seconds from now!’ Chaewon said with smirk never left her face.

5

 

4

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

‘Hyewon-ah, can you make my flat white today with triple shot of espresso? I really need high dose caffeine for stay sane at least until at the end of evening.’ Eunbi said while reading something without spare a glance to Hyewon the moment she make her step inside the café.

‘No freaking way I am letting you take that much espresso with empty stomach Kwon Eunbi.’

‘Only for today Hyewonie. I am pulling all-nighter to go through these cases and the all the dateline is just around the corner.’ Eunbi finally lift her head to her best friend who is expressionless in her barista apron.

‘Alright then. Take your seat first and wait for Nako pack your carrot bagel.’ Hyewon said while working on the orders.

‘Eunbi unnie, how are you?’ Hitomi asked from their table since the café is not that spacious.

‘Omo! Hello to both you Hiichan, Chaewonie. Just fine I guess. How was college? It is already the last year for both of you right?

‘We barely holding on for now unnie. These past few weeks is the most challenging so far. With all those internship placement and everything else. I wonder how both of you and Hyewon unnie gone through this during back then.’ Chaewon answered the older woman with dejected face.

‘Cheer up Chae! These hard time will pass by. And when you are graduating later, trust me, you will rather still want to stuck with study instead of working. I mean, class may get cancel. But during work, there is no such thing as that.’

Just then, a girl with small body named Nako was holding a tray with Chaewon’s cheesecake and Eunbi’s packed carrot bagel.

‘Sorry for make you waiting everyone but here is Eunbi unnie bagel and two riccota cheesecakes for sweet campus couple and R&J’s loyal customer, the Ssambang couple!’ Nako teased and that make Hitomi’s fair and white skin turn red instantly as she still not used to the tease.

‘Geez Nako, stop the teasing will you? Can you see how red Hitomi’s face turned into?’ Eunbi playfully angry but actually trying hard to holding her laugh as well.

‘Nako is sorry Hiichan. You know I am just pulling your leg right?’ The small thug in disguise saying to Hitomi and the latter just smile shyly.

Just then, Nako comeback with the drinks for both Chaewon and Hitomi while Eunbi already going back to the counter while waiting for her coffee.

Only if you are not my best friend Hyewon-ah, I will already confess to you by now.

‘One flat white with extra shot of espresso for R&J VIP customer!’ Hyewon’s voice jolt Eunbi up from her silent thought.

‘Heol, although I have been listen to those since four years ago, why does it still unfamiliar to me Kwangbae?’

‘Tsk! What with that calling early in the morning Eun?!’

‘Just teasing my lovely best friend Hyewonie, I still can do that right?’ Eunbi pretend to sulk not knowing how much her pouty mouth already driving certain barista going crazy.

You better stop that pouting before I losing not just my mind but probably also losing you as my best friend Kwon Eunbi.

‘Alright alright Ma’am. I am sure you would not want to get late to your trial for today right?’

‘I am so sorry for delaying our outing for so many times already Hyewonie.’ Eunbi said while adjusting her outfit for that day trial.

‘It is okay for me Eun, but just promise to me for not to skip your meal right.’ Hyewon trying to assure to her best friend for not feeling to guilty over their cancel outings.

Here we go again. Tell me how not to fall in love when you are that caring. Just how lucky your future partner if that person end up marry with you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is just another day at R&J café owned by Hyewon. The barista slash the owner was busy scribble something with her notebook and letting out endless sigh. Nako who at the kitchen by that time almost getting crazy by Hyewon’s sigh.

‘Unnie, I don’t understand why on earth you don’t have the gut to just confess to Eunbi unnie? Gosh. If only you are not my boss, I already smash that head of yours.’ Nako said and did not even bother to look at Hyewon.

’And risk our 10 years of friendship? Never cross in my mind small thug!’ Hyewon replied.

‘What if she also have the same feeling? I might be young but I must say, you are the stupid person I know. Like, who in their right mind decided to open a café just for sake of her best friend who loves coffee despite have a bright chance to pursue her Master in Analytics and Management at London Business School.’

Hyewon was taken aback with that statement as she can’t even smash the truth. It was her dream to pursue her study to highest level but her dream change the moment she learned that Eunbi has a freak over flat white. Hyewon then willing to spend some time taking a barista skill qualification behind Eunbi’s back during their university days. And luck is really on her side as her parents just support her decision. Hyewon’s dad even offered to give her capital to start off the business. Although born in silver spoon family, she did not want to live her life as a chaebol. Seems like God has gave everything to the second heir to Kang Food Technology, well, except for Kwon Eunbi’s heart.

 

By the end of the day, she finish her day with reread her old phone conversation between her and her best friend. That the best bed time stories she ever read in her life.

 

Good night Kwon Eunbi. Sleep well.

 

 

On the other side of Seoul, pretty lawyer Kwon Eunbi having a staring session with the blank wall in her room after a long time. The busy lawyer finally able to get some early rest after decide to ditch the dinner with her officemates. Settling a divorce and lawsuit cases are not that hard for her. However, she find it hard to solving her own confession towards her friend.

Hyewon-ah, why I find it so hard to bring myself confess to you? I hate to stay as friend, but I hate more it when have to losing you, to someone else. Tell me, is risking our friendship, able to mend it all? It’s been a long time, from the time when you make my heart gradually started change, from only liking you, until I realise how actually I am loving you.

 

 

Good night Kang Hyewon. May you have a sweet dream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon never know falling in love with someone named Honda Hitomi could be this happy. The couple currently having their ice cream date after a long day at the campus.

‘Chae, why are you not eating anymore? I remember you had been craving for this ice cream since early the morning.’ Hitomi asked to her girlfriend.

‘Baby, imagine what if I have not confess to you until today?’ Chaewon asking while clutching hard metal inside her ripped jean pocket.

‘Huh? What with this sudden question Chae?’

‘Just answer me please..’

‘Well, since you insist, first thing first, I will only know about study and my love for cheese.’

‘And what do you see in us, both you and I for the next ten years?’

‘You keep asking random question for tonight. Does Hyewon unnie habit rubbing on you dear? So, let me begin with how I can see how both of us busy with our own career. I can see the chaos every morning inside our house because you keep getting late for work. But hey, we still spending our weekend with cuddles and how you always complain that your ice cream already out of stock. And as time goes by, if both of us get married, you and the kids will busy create the chaos at the living room. I can imagine how much you are ready to fight anyone who hurting your prince and princess.’

‘Hiichan, I am well aware how we are still young. Heck that, we still have another semester before we graduate. I also understand if you think this is too early when we are still struggling with our study. But, trust me, every morning when I wake up with you snuggle beside me, I cannot wait what future has in store for us. I keep asking what if I am not confessing to you until today? So, wait if, this mint chocolate ice cream lover, asking a certain cheese bread lover, hand in marriage and turn all your imagination come true?’

‘C-chaewonie, are you being serious here? Y-you are not playing around right?’

‘Not when I am on my knee right now. Honda Hitomi, I know the reason why I am born into this world. I was born to say that I love you and it’s always you that should I share my vow with. So, say yes juseyo?’ Chaewon present to Hitomi the simple engagement ring.

Hitomi trying hard to control her sob and just able nod her head. She then hugging Chaewon tightly when the new engage couple wearing each other ring.

‘Thank you Chae. But, are you sure about this? I thought you want to wait after we have our first job?’ Hitomi asked with her hand never letting go their clasped fingers.

‘Well, let just say, I want to proudly showing off my engagement ring and that should be enough warning for everyone who trying to flirt with you.’

‘Yahh Kim Chaewon, it should be me who need to be afraid here. Your fan girls from the cheerleading club really annoyed me sometimes. And don’t start me with crazy stalker of yours from your high school days!’ Hitomi sulk but her hand still caressing their engagement ring.

‘Well darling. It is not my fault at all to be this charmer. Hehe. But it is you right that I want to make as my Mrs Kim?’ Chaewon assuring her fiancé and Hitomi feeling like melted butter on hot pan hearing that endearment.

 

Thank you Eunbi unnie for encourage me. It should be my turn to help both of you after this. Aigoo. How to make these dense best friends realise their own feeling? Kim Chaewon, you can do it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flower? Check!

Stage? Check!

Song? Check!

Heart? C-check..?!

Please please please calm down you fool!!

With endless courage from Nako, few months after Chaewon and Hitomi announces their engagement, Hyewon decide to confess to her best friend. Hyewon was protest at first afraid of rejection but seems like she also ready for heart break. Nako suggest Hyewon to serenade a confession song to Eunbi. And that’s how the chaos start, early in the morning at the café. Hyewon are that lucky both Chaewon and Hitomi willing to lend their hand too.

‘Chaewon-ah, please stop playing with that props and help me hang this banner please!’ Hitomi trying to scold her fiancé with her not-so-fierce face.

The red haired girl then suddenly stop playing thus rushing to where Hitomi stood and quickly do the deed.

‘Tsk tsk. Whipped Chaewon~~~’ Hyewon teased but receiving a glare from the certain Kim.

‘Just see what happen tonight. I bet you are more whipped than me. Or maybe Eunbi unnie might decide to just ditch on you.’ Chaewon replied.

‘Yah Kim Chaewon! Can you see how nervous Hyewon unnie right now?’

‘Hii-chan, I am just being childish here. I am pretty sure everything will turn well tonight. Right Nako?’ Chaewon try to gain a support from the small bean.

N-nothing bad will happen tonight r-right? Gosh! I never know confessing is this hard. Eunbi-ah…

The arrangement and setting almost done and all of them cannot wait for the main event to take place tonight. Eunbi received a simple message from Nako saying that she should be at the café and the former replied at the message asking Nako if she could bring along her junior.

‘Hyewon unnie, do you happen to know any of Eunbi unnie officemates?’

‘No one that I am aware as we rarely talk about her office life. Whenever we have our outing, I try not to middle too much with her office matters as she hate to talk about work during her rest day.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The moment Eunbi and her junior step their foots at Hyewon’s café, she was stunned by the decoration. The front door saying that the café was reserved for special event. Her favourite flower scent taking over the café and the she feel the romantic vibe in the air.

‘Eunbi unnie, are you sure we did not come at the wrong place?’ Her junior asking Eunbi and Eunbi also stunned by the question.

‘Wait, let me call Nako or Hyewon but let’s take our sit first. I was so in love with the vibe. I wonder what the meaning of all this.’

Just a moment before Eunbi able to fish out her phone, suddenly the light shine on the mini stage at the corner of the café. Eunbi saw how Hyewon walk with her guitar and the duo best friend never left each other eyes.

‘Eunbi-ah, I know this must be so sudden for you but I cannot wait forever on this. Listen to this song and please tell me your answer.’ Hyewon said and Eunbi just stunned but nodding at Hyewon’s statement.

 

 

You see this guy

This guy's in love with you

Yes, I'm in love

Who looks at you the way I do

When you smile I can tell

We know each other very well

How can I show you

I'm glad I got to know you, 'cause

 

I've heard some talk

They say you think I'm fine

Yeah, I'm in love

And what I'd do to make you mine

Tell me now, is it so?

Don't let me be the last to know

My hands are shaking

Don't let my heart keep breaking, 'cause

 

I need your love

I want your love

Say you're in love

In love with this guy

If not, I'll just die

 

Tell me now, is it so?

Don't let me be the last to know

My hands are shaking

Don't let my heart keep breaking, 'cause

 

I need your love

I want your love

Say you're in love

In love with this guy

If not, I'll just die

 

(This Guy’s in Love with You- Herb Alpert.)

 

‘Eun, I bet you must be know my real feeling to you now. I am risking our 10 years of friendship here, wanted to asking you to be my girlfriend. Gosh, what wrong with my heart now?’ Hyewon clenched her left hand while her right hand keep caressing her heart.

‘H-hyewon ah, what is wrong with your heart?’

‘Because of you Kwon Eunbi. I love you and every single day, there is no moment when I did not think of you. I was hoping, else than exchanging ‘how was your day’, what else can we say towards each other? I falling all in you Eunbi-ah.’

‘Stoopiddddd Kang Hyewon!’ Eunbi shout and everyone at the café stoned at the shout. Even Chaewon suddenly spit out her drink and Nako almost drop down the cake.

‘Now I get my answer on why I always wanted to hear your voice before every time I need to settle my trial. Its turn out that your voice able to calm me down. So, from now on, I want my flat white every morning only if it is from you, my one and only favourite barista Kang Hyewon, and also stupid me for not confessing to you early. I also in love with you my glutton best friend.’

Both of them just able to smile like a fool and did not dare to lift up their head. But, with Hyewon’s right hand already clasped Eunbi’s left hand tightly, the atmosphere getting better among the former best friend.

‘Gosh, should I bump their head so that they can kiss already? My leg are getting numb here!’ Chaewon whispered her complain but getting quite when Hitomi pinch her stomach slowly. The trio then getting out from their hiding place and went to where the couple stood with Hitomi holding the flower while Chaewon busy throwing the confetti into the air.

The new couple are shy with what happen but saying thank you to every congratulation wish they received.

‘Eunbi unnie, you owe me a thank you you know. I was the one who keep encouraging this Kwangbae here so that she can confess to you already.’ Nako say with playful expression.

But before Eunbi can say anything, a stranger among them suddenly speak up and that’s enough making Nako stunned at the goddess look alike before her eyes.

‘Excuse me, sorry to ruin the moment but can I know where is the ladies room?’

Hyewon then show the direction although her hand never letting go her clasped hand with Eunbi.

Nako’s eyes never left the stranger until Chaewon smack her body slowly. The rest of them just laugh at the situation and Chaewon take this chance to tease the small bean.

‘Uwuu…seems like someone already falling in love here. But sorry to say, she is too high for you Nako.’

‘Never judge a book by the colour Kim Chaewon. This small thug will make sure to get that Aphrodite’s contact number by tonight.’

‘I can say luck might be at your side Nako. She is just the same like you and Chaewon here. Gosh, another mint choco ice cream lover inside the circle.’ Eunbi excitedly said with her bright smile and Hyewon cannot help but melted on that scene.

 

Thank you God for making her mine. I swear with all I have, I will never hurt her or make her cry. Only tears of joy and happiness after this in her life, and in my life. From a best friend, and now a lover, Kwon Eumbi, I love you.

 

Now I don’t have any reason to afraid saying I love you to you Hyewon-ah. I am also falling all in you, every day, you truly bring out the different kind of me. I love you Kang Hyewon. I really do.