Three Verses, Three Rhymes

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Let's go, appa!' Sehun tugged at the ends of Junmyeon's loose white shirt impatiently. He crawled up to the adult's lap and started thumping his head against the other's shoulder, but to no avail - Junmyeon was too busy in a discussion with Jongdae. 

'It's not really valid if you think about it, Junmyeon,' Jongdae shook his head and leaned back in his reclining chair, propping his legs up. 

'Meh. Ah, I'm so happy we finally got this holiday!!'

'Yeah. Gotta thank Yifan again - who knew he was this rich?!'

Junmyeon just smiled a little and Sehun's hair. The child huffed and jumped off his lap. 

'I'm telling baba you ignored me,' he deadpanned and scuttled off, leaving Junmyeon to tan himself. 

 

'Baba---'

'Why don't all of you follow Uncle Minseok while I help set this up, okay?'

'Okay~' 

 

 

 

'It's interesting how your sister lives here,' Yifan commented, pulling his shades over his eyes and running his fingers through his hair. 

'Aah, yeah. Hyung works as a surfing instructor here.'

Just then, they turned, only to find Minseok with three children in tow. 

'What about, uh... Baekhyun?'

'Eunji-noona's spending time with Baekbeom, Baekhyun's with his father in Ulsan,' the eldest supplied, adjusting Zitao on his back. 

'Uncle Giant~,' Zitao sang, sticking his arms out with a pout. Yifan chuckled and relieved Minseok, placing the boy on his own shoulders carefully.

 

'We want to play in the water, baba,' Luhan chimed in Chinese. Minseok held Sehun and Luhan's hands and headed toward a favourable spot. 

'Minseok! We're short of ice here!' Yixing's voice floated in the warm air. Minseok pursed his lips, deep in thought. 

'I'll take care of the ice. No idea how much noona wants,' Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck and turned. 

'His sister's?'

'Yeah. Thought we'd help out.'

'Long time, no see, Yifan!' a deep voice called out. A man in his mid-forties emerged from the sea, carrying a white surfboard with him. He pushed his hair back and untoed his lef from the surfboard, fist-bumping with the half-Chinese. 

 

'Been a while, teacher,' he nodded his head with a smile. 

'Aw, this kid hasn't changed. I still remember you as a teen - always commenting every time you fell,' the man laughed. 

'I believe we haven't met before?' he turned to Minseok. 'But I remember your face, somehow...'

'Kim Minseok. Jongdae's husband...?'

'... Er...'

'Jongdae and Chanyeol are childhood friends...?'

'Aah, yeah! Yura told me,' the man chuckled and shook hands. 

 

'So how are you, teacher? Wait, you're Chanyeol's brother-in-law?!'

'No need to guffaw, boy. Who is he to you?'

'Er...' Yifan fumbled, nervousness building up inside him. 

'Zitao, let's get into the water!' Minseok coaxed and shot Yifan a motivational look. 

'Vacationing?'

'Yeah,' the man sighed, glad for the change of topic. 

 

 

 

 

Three little speckled frogs 

Sitting on a great big log

Eating the most delicious flies (yum, yum)

One jumped into the pool

Where it was nice and cool

So there were two speckled frogs. 

 

'Aah!' Luhan clung to Minseok's bare leg, staring at the oncoming waves with wide eyes. 

'I want to go home, baba~' the boy whined. Sehun stared at him blankly for a few moments before making his way around and clasping Luhan in a tight hug. 

'No need to fear, Superman is here!' he sang, giving the elder a gummy smile. 

'But I don't like Superman!'

'... Kim-Zhang Sehun is here to save you, Lulu!' he grinned. Luhan wrapped one arms around Minseok's leg. clinging onto the back of Sehun's blue shirt with the other. 

'It's coming, it's coming!' he wailed, hiding his face in Sehun's hair. 

'Wow~' Zitao kept exclaiming as the water played against his ankles. 

'Luhan-ah, the water's only till your ankles. I won't let you go dee---'

'THAT IS A CRAB!' Zitao pointed, visibly horrified as he started crying - the crab was climbing up his leg. Minseok bent down and shook it off. 

'I want my baba~' the boy cried in Chinese. Thanking the stars for having learnt basic Chinese and reminding himself to learn more like Jongdae, Minseok heaved the boy up and sighed. 

'Okay, calm down.' 

'We don't want to go, yet!' Luhan frowned, confusing his father even more. 

'But I thought you're scared of---'

'I''m not scared!' he protested. 

'Okay, stay here. I'll be back in a flash. Do not move, okay? Both of you!' the adult reminded and ran off to Junmyeon. 

 

Sehun and Luhan sat down, letting the water just touch their feet. Luhan squirmed every time the waves touched them, curling his fingers through Sehun's shirt. 

'Don't worry, I'm here.'

'What if... a sea monster comes here?' the boy whispered. 

'I'll hit them and say 'No, no! Don't take my Lulu away!' and I'll beat them, then... then we'll have ice-cream and make sand castles.' 

Luhan turned and rested his head on Sehun's lap, letting the younger pat his pink cheek. 

'You're awesome,' he laughed. Sehun grinned and grabbed some sand, slowly releasing half of it into Luhan's open palm. 

'What's this?' the boy sat up and questioned, eyeing the sand skepticall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter