The Noob's Turn

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A normal morning with the birds tweeting, the sun shining, the tree leaves rustling gently with the wind, the squeaks of a bicycle as the newspaper boy fulfilled his duty. A normal morning with the simple sounds of morning rituals being performed filling the big house, the sounds of the house owner mixing Earl Grey tea with milk as he one-handedly tightened his maroon bathrobe round his waist. Yawning and blinking, he left the cup to cool and retreived his mail for the day. 

 

'Electricity bills, cheque for last month's modelling in Paris, random pamphlet...' he mumbled under his breath, sipping his tea. Just then, his phone rang.

 

'Yo. You haven't forgotten the wedding this evening, right? You need to being a date with you,' Junmyeon's voice floated through the receiver. Yifan sighed and pursed his lips. Biting his lower lip and accepting the other's boosts to ask a partner out, he cut the call. He rummaged through some envelopes in a draw specifically reserved for invitations. A decorated envelope caught his eyes as he skimmed through it. Letting the white card fall against his cup, he gulped and closed his eyes, counting till ten. 

 

 

Wu Yifan had to ask Park Chanyeol to be his date to his colleague's wedding, and he had no idea how. 

 

 

 

'Just casually ask him!!' Yixing's voice floated through the receiver. 

'But I've never asked him out for anything before!!' Yifan ran his fingers through his hair. 

'Oh, come on... he asked for it to be official, right? So chill and ask!'

'I---'

The doorbell rang. Assuming it to be the milkman, the Chinese-Canadian consciously tied his bathrobe again and left the kitchen to open the front door. His embarrassment knew no bounds as Park Chanyeol, in all flesh and blood, stood right before him in a grey shirt and black track pants, his eyes very obviously flitting down to Yifan's half-exposed chest. 

'I'll talk to you later,' he mumbled and cut the call, ignoring the other's protests. 

'H... hey...' the elder started, tearing his gaze off and looking away. 

'Hey, come on in!!' Yifan half-grinned, making it look like a grimace as he stepped aside. Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and entered the huge house, gaping at the stylish decor. 

 

'So... some tea?'

'Er, sure...'

Yifan ran into the kitchen, preparing another cup with a bright blush on his face. Setting the cup before Chanyeol, he turned to discreetly pull the robe across his chest before seating himself opposite his visitor. 

'Earl grey tea with milk, hope you don't mind...'

'Aah, no, it's fine,' Chanyeol gave a lopsided grin and looked around. 

'Your house is really cool,' he commented. 

'Thanks.'

Awkward silence accompanied the tension in the air. 

 

'So... anything wrong...?'

'Aah, no...? I, uh... just decided to drop by since you mentioned it gets lonely sometimes.... thought I'd surprise you...'

Yifan felt touched by the other's thoughtfulness, and let a small smile grace his features. 

'Thanks, you didn't have to.'

'I wanted to.'

More silence. Chanyeol set the empty cup down and looked up, only to lose his words as a drop of water from Yifan's wet hair made its way down his neck to his chest. Yifan only provoked more drops by constantly patting his hair with a hand, totally oblivious. The shudder he let out when the cold drop rolled along further worsened the situation for Chanyeol, who was really groping for words. 

'Anyway, er... uh... Yifan?'

The  younger snapped his head to the other, only to realize what he was looking at. 

'Right, er... I'll go change.'

'Sorry if I was intruding.'

'No, no! I'll just, uh... ah... yeah.'

 

Sprinting up and banging the door shut behind him, Yifan placed a hand over his chest and hit his head against the door. 

'What's with this racing heart,' he muttered and changed into something more comfortable. Chanyeol felt a warm pit expand in his chest as he saw Yifan clad in something almost the same - a darker grey shirt with black trackpants. Not even bothering to note how their clothes matched, Yifan sat down and raised an eyebrow at him. 

'Anyway, uh... hey, I heard this new---'

'I have something to ask you,' they started at the same time. 

 

'Oka---'

'Yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter