Work, Work, and Even More Work... (Meeting a Famous Group!?!? Part 1)

The Maknae of TWICE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]

Hey y'all,

Apologies for the long wait. I appreciate you all for waiting patiently for this chapter! I'm surprised that 500 of you guys subscribed to something I made on a whim.

It's been a rough few weeks on my part; my semester has ended, but my last few weeks leading up to finals were straight-up trash. My courses seemingly threw numerous amounts of homework, essays, papers, and group projects at me TWO WEEKS before finals. Like why are they trying to German suplex me out of my existence? Like excuse you, sir, my will to live is at an all-time low already. You didn't need to make my purpose in life almost nonexistent, man. I'm slowly but surely losing my faith, but anger and spite are helpful motivators to keep me going.

Since schools are opening up with a hybrid variation, which in my opinion is stupid as , that means there is a possibility that some of my classes will be in person. I hate online courses with a passion, but I also despise commuting and interacting with people in-person more; I prefer online classes since I can just wake up and attend my classes, and it's also cheaper cause I don't have to get an apartment, buy groceries, pay for gas, and more since I'm back home at my parents' place. So hopefully, I can get all online classes for my final semester before I graduate. I'm not sure if I want to go into a master's program or venture off into a mentorship after graduation since my main goal after graduating would be to pay off my student loans first, if anything.

Anyways, I've been procrastinating nonstop by reading a TON of stories on here. I've finally gotten around to writing this chapter from avoiding all of my responsibilities, lol. This chapter will no doubt double or triple my word count here. I enjoyed writing this chapter, and I hope you all do too! There is one particular section that I absolutely enjoyed writing. This picture is what I looked like while writing this:

This is a chapter that I've kept in the vaults for so long now. This was actually one of the first chapters I conceptualized when I decided to post onto AFF. Go figure, huh?

On a tangent, I love love LOVE when people get jealous and/or possessive of their loved ones. It showcases both a rawness/weakness and the want of the said person, which I find so satisfying to read. Two characters in this chapter will exemplify this to a T to the best of my abilities, and if I don't go brain dead when writing this.

Although people might say that yes, it's ed up and shallow to have that one person for oneself, restricting them from being social with others around them because they feel insecure about themselves is messed up and shallow, and I completely understand. But I can't help but revel in it. And I'm compelled to love these kinds of tropes, you know?

This chapter doesn't have much going on, asides from filler and plot, the juicier parts will eventually come in the following chapters!

Now, LET'S GET IT.

 

 

"Ji-"

"Jieu-"

"-Jieun-ah!" the Overkill Idol snapped out of her stupor, blinking owlishly like a deer in headlights. "You blanked out again!" PD-nim raised his voice, ripping Jieun out of her bewilderment. She could hear some underlying worry in his tone when she came through, clearly wanting to ask the unspoken question.

'Where am I again?' Jieun wondered. Honestly, when you're an insomniac and a workaholic like her, days go by in a haze when you're overworked to the bone and go through days with literally no sleep at all. Everything seems to zip on by in an instant, with more of her mind drifting off, her whole body shutting down and literally begging her to get some rest. Jieun should be used to constantly working since she has been doing this all her life. She should be used to the persistent and chronic numbness feeling inside her. She should be used to waking and staying up with virtually little rest; she should, she should, she should...

Her thoughts wander off again, not fully concluding.

Oh yeah, now she remembered where she was, taking in the surroundings around her.

The idol was currently in the middle of her quarterly review with JYP and discussing her growth in the past year. With that, an underlying motive that Jieun was trying to make sure she accomplished during this meeting was plaguing her mind, repeating it to stick inside the noggin of hers.

Being the flagship girl group of the company, TWICE has been continuously working throughout the entire year. With constant activities and releases daily, Jieun and the rest of the girls felt that they deserved a hard-earned break, especially since they have been working this hard for so long now. They usually get a few weeks of leave here and there, but those are very few and far between. With this vacation, the members can properly recuperate and rest before returning and preparing for their upcoming world tour.

Jieun, on the other hand, felt guilty for not being able to spend time with her unnies' properly. Having her own individual schedules, Jieun would not have the time nor mental energy to hold a decent conversation with her members. And when she did have an opening in her plans, she would be off doing another one of her many piling tasks that needed to get done, or her own members would be too tired or have their own schedules already. It felt like there was a rift between Jieun and her members' and she wanted to do something that rectifies that.

She wanted to bring it up in her meeting with PD-nim about taking a break from her schedules and suggesting they get that vacation in the coming weeks. She brought her worries up to her manager and some staff first. She wanted to know their opinion (mostly to see if it was a bad idea or not), but surprisingly, they agreed. Their hearts broke seeing the young girls slave their days away, working diligently without a proper break from it all, especially Jieun. She always looked like the walking dead, whether they see the young prodigy pass by in a zombified fashion to her next appointment; they're incredibly concerned for the girl and her health.

"I just want to spend some time with my unnies with no responsibility of work or school; just me and them," Jieun softly muttered when she asked the staff about their opinion on the matter. She just wanted some proper time where she can actually spend it bonding with her unnies. She felt the regret build up into unmeasurable amounts every time she sees her unnies faces fall in disappointment whenever Jieun would have to decline their invitations in favor of meeting her due dates or other commitments. Jieun was drained on that particular day from an especially excruciating back-to-back schedule, leaving her no time even to breathe before she was pushed off into the next thing. The knawing ache of shame weighed her down, making her woozy before she asked even the staff. The response the idol got was surprising; they literally squealed like little girls and tackled her into a group hug. Seeing how the Main Vocalist looked like a kicked puppy, the staff member couldn't help their involuntary movements and went to embrace the now passed-out girl who went unconscious on impact.

It wouldn't be adequate to say that the JYPE staff practically adores the young talent. And when she brought up the topic of taking a break, the staff seized the opportunity immediately and devised a plan for the young idol right away. Jieun was surprised by how fast the turnover was, seeing how she got a plan the following day, she noted with wry amusement. It was almost as if they had already prepared this in advance, with how quickly everything went into place, she mused. The Golden Maknae didn't dwell on it too much, though, as she already had the plan formulating in her head.

 

 

So that's where she is now. She is currently having her review with PD-nim and finding the perfect time to bring up the topic of extending their vacation. Having it loom in the back of her mind, Jieun regained her composure and quickly assured JYP that she's just tired from practice. But he didn't look so convinced with how the expression on his face didn't seem to change.

Eventually, he accepted the excuse after Jieun coerced him repeatedly and motioned to the topic of extending hers and her member's vacation, bringing up multiple different instances that the girls proved their worth and dedication towards their company and activities.

'I'm fine.' Jieun kept repeating this mantra to herself, pinching herself to stay awake and focused.

DON'T WASTE HIS TIME.

WORTHLESS TRASH.

YOU PATHETIC, HEAPING SACK OF SHI-

Jieun was taken away from her thoughts after hearing PD-nim clear up his voice, guiding them into their current conversation. "Well, Jieun-ah, when you put it that way, the company can do that. We will grant you and the girls the extended vacation that you guys deserved," and Jieun was ecstatic by the news knowing that her unnies will be over the moon with it. But her internal celebration was soon cut short when PD-nim shifted the conversation into a rather intriguing invite "...But since your songs, in particular, have done well in the group and as a soloist, the company thinks that we can utilize your skills in different fields by branching out into other partnerships. I know you have already worked with several different artists in the past on your own, Jieun. But one company, in particular, has already reached out to us and wants you to do a whole album for their group," he fluidly said, looking down at the sheet of paper on his desk, examining the contents with an analytical eye.

Wait.

What.

A WHOLE ALBUM!?!?!?

Did she hear that, right?!

'Is this a dream?' Jieun's brain short-circuited for a moment, completely forgetting about her celebration in favor of this new information. "A-A whole album? Are you sure about that PD-nim?" Jieun managed to choke out, shocked that a company wanted to contract her of all people and wanted an entire album on top of that!

Generally, in her line of work, potential clients would want to hear a couple of demo tracks or a beat pack sent their way to see what she was capable of, mainly to test the waters out first before divulging into a song or two specific dealings, but a whole freaking album!? Never in her wildest dreams did she ever think that she would be producing an artist's entire album that would forever be on their discography.

This is starting to sound too good to be true, she thought, remembering back to the past scams she had fallen for early on as a child, which made her grimace internally.

How naïve of her, she spat.

"I'm positive, Jieun. That proves your talent and hard work, especially for you to get a huge offer right off the bat," he warmly smiled at her, who was still in the process of absorbing everything. Jieun coughed into her fist in a feeble attempt to hide the growing blush spread across her face, embarrassed by the praise of her higher-up.

'She still can't handle compliments well it seems,' JYP noted, clearly amused by the subtle actions the youngest was doing. She was squirming in her seat, keenly focusing on some loose strings on her jacket and not looking directly in his eyes, with her mind running a mile a minute.

Getting out of her thoughts, Jieun probed for more details before she commits to anything. "How many tracks do I need to do?" thinking about her back catalog of some notable tracks she had in mind that she can possibly present to the company. "About 11 for their album and an extra 3 for their repackage album," JYP answered back, surprising her.

Damn. And there goes Jieun's plan for a vacation with her unnies, zooming right past her. She can imagine it flying into the wind to the far sunset waving goodbye to her while she tearfully waves back at it. If she does take this offer, the girls' vacation will be pushed back, and her unnies' aren't going to like this one bit. They're going to be absolutely livid, she winced, already expecting how they're going to react.

It's going to be explosive, for sure.

But this is an opportunity of a lifetime, she reasoned. When is she ever going to have something like this ever again?

Her unnies' will understand.

Right?

Hopefully.

"T-That's a lot, PD-nim. When is it due by?" Jieun stuttered out; she bit her lip in anticipation as she subtlely accepts the offer. "You have until next week to send in guide tracks for them to review" 'A WEEK?!?!' dropped open, thinking how ridiculous all of this is starting to sound. A week is way too short to work on that many songs. She would need to prioritize this over anything else; she bit her lips in thought.

"They also sent a list of descriptions for each track, including the ones on their repackage album. I'll forward them and the rest of the information to your manager, and she'll send it to you. They'll be expecting a lot from you, Jieun. If you do well, the company is offering you full creative control for the group's repackage album." He winked at her.

.

Now she HAS to do this. What the company offered her if she accepts has been something Jieun longed to do: being an integral part of the whole creative process. Yeah, she loves producing and mastering songs, and that's been with her for as long as she remembers. But, her intuitiveness and curiosity make her want to explore new, uncharted territory and develop new and existing skills.

She really can't this up, and Jieun gave a wordless reply in agreement.

"Good luck Jieun" He softly smiled, grabbing her shoulder and giving it a soft squeeze in encouragement, which Jieun provided a stiff nod in return.

 

 

After the meeting, Jieun was sent on her way home, reading the list of demands this company wanted for each song. She didn't really know who the company was, nor did she pay too much attention to it. Jieun prioritized soaking up all the information she could get from the document within the short amount of time she had. She's a busy woman, and knowing herself, she's gonna waste too much time wondering about it way too much for way too long, damn her curiosity at times like this. It would definitely give her some unwanted stress that she didn't need at the moment. She needed to focus on the task at hand rather than things that are boun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter