One - The awaken

Life has given me a choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo shut her eyes tightly. She slap her left cheeks and stare at the mirror again.“Hu-huh?! No,n— this can’t be true-” She took a few steps back. “T-this is not my body?!” The figure is kinda slim but fit. Quite tall, his face look young, might be around her aged. “I-I must be dreaming??“ Jisoo ran to the living room.

“P-please help me?! Just hit me or something, wake me up!”

The man stare strangely at her. “I’m sorry what?? You done washing?” Jisoo shake her head nervously. “I want to go home! This— I’m not myself right now?!” The man trying to calm her. “Goodness Sky, are you alright? Let’s get to hospital first, come on.” He put a jacket on her and get her to the car. Jisoo just staring at her hand or maybe the new body hand. “This feels so real...” The man glance at Jisoo. “But wait, who are you? Do we live together?” “Hold up Sky, I know it’s been years since we meet, but how could you forget me. You playing jokes on hyung now huh-“ He stops chuckling when he realize Jisoo were staring deadly at him. “Seriously? It’s me, Kevin? Your grandfather’s doctor. We never meet in Korea but I do visit you at UK.” Jisoo shut her eyes tightly, this whole new thing is too much for her.

 

 

Jisoo follow behind the guy closely. “Doctor Kevin, the report is ready. You must be the Mr.Kim grandson.” The nurse smile at Jisoo but she just turn to Kevin. They reach to ward 3, a vip room. There, an old man laying on the bed unconsciously with wires all over his body. Jisoo walk slowly to the patient, looking at the board.

Patient name: Kim sung il

Doctor: Bae seong woo, Kang Kevin

How could this old man supposed to be her grandfather when they never meet before. Kevin look at the boy, concerned. “Sky, do you want hyung take you for a checkup?” Since Jisoo keep staring at the old man silently, Kevin took her to his office. Jisoo let Kevin checking her blood pressure and do auscultation. “Sky, you body is fine, are you feeling tired? Perhaps you feels any pain?” Jisoo feels frustrated, she want to cry but not in front of a stranger.

“I just want to go home..” She whisper slowly.

Kevin let out a sigh. “Look, I know you still upset with your grandfather since he force you to comeback, well Korea is your hometown after all. Tomorrow I will bring Mr.Kim to Caring Nursing Home in Gwangju. I promise you, just about three months then everything gonna back to the way it is.” Jisoo look up at the man, “What are you saying??” Kevin took out an enveloped. It was a profile for school admissions. Jisoo took out the paper and the first thing that she saw is a passport size picture of the body that she living in.

“Kim Sky Dexter...”

“Korean name, Kim Haneul, is-is this me? You want me to go to school, here?!”

Kevin let out a deep sigh again, “Sky.... We already talk about this on the phone last night and you agreed on everything. All schools are same okay?” “So you and that old man—“ Kevin raised his eyebrows, “—I mean my grandfather gonna gonna moved away, and you want me to live here alone in Seoul?!” “I’ll give you money every week okay—“

Jisoo suddenly outburst, “This is not about the money, I can’t live alone oppa!”

Kevin lean towards her, “Wait, oppa??” Jisoo widen her eyes, “H-hyung, Kevin-hyung..” “Hmm, for now let’s get lunch first.” Jisoo quickly stopped him. “I think I need to go somewhere. Can you lend some money h-hyung?” “But you didn’t even had breakfast yet? Wait up-” Kevin take out some buns from his drawer then a credit card and few cash, putting into envelope and gave the big bag to Jisoo. “There about 500 000 won in this card and I’ll topup same amount every week. Buy everything that you want, call me if you need anything. I’m sorry I can’t be with you Sky or wait, let just call you Haneul since we in Korea.” Jisoo took a moment before giving him a big hug. She felt like she knew Kevin although this is the first time she meet him. “Thanks Kevin-hyung.” Kevin smiled ruffles the boy hair playfully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter