Chapter 20

The Village in the Forest

A/N *ahem* I am sorry! i dont think anyone even reads this fic, but anyways ive been going through a lot of in my life, basically school, work, depression, thinking im pregnant, etc but im back!! yay!! sorry for the accidental hiatus!! (i have a new twitter now if you guys want updates, its @jongkey_krisho fyi!)

 

Seungcheol held the plate he had been given, staring at Jeonghan besides him, who was taking a small bite of rice. “Are you okay?” he asked him. 

 

The omega chewed his food slowly, nodding when he finally swallowed. “Yeah, I’m okay,” he whispered, taking another bite of the rice. “Just hungry and worried, I guess."

 

“I-” Seungcheol sighed, staring at his own, untouched, plate. He was starving, of course, but he was waiting for Jeonghan to finish first, in case Jeonghan was still hungry for more food. “At least he’s not alone.”

 

“I know that, but you do know that Yifan is also perfectly capable of being murdered along with Junmyeon, right?” Jeonghan reminded him. 

 

Seungcheol raised an eye. “Why do you keep bringing up the fact that our son might be murdered?!” he asked in disbelief.

 

Jeonghan scoffed at him. “Because he might be? Did that thought cross your mind-”

 

“I would very much rather not thinking about our child being dead, in my opinion-”

 

“Oh my ing god, can you two just eat?” The two of them stopped arguing to look at Jihoon in front of them, half his plate already empty. “I understand those being feelings of parents but I’m more concerned of Soonyoung doing something stupid and I don’t want to think of Vernon hanging off a cliff AGAIN.”

 

Soonyoung had always been doing something stupid, last time Seungcheol remembered, but seeing how Jihoon was already mad he decided not to push his buttons. It’s been 16 years already, anyways, Seungcheol did not want to test his new patience levels. “Jihoon, I don’t know if you have noticed, but we’ve been kidnapped.”

 

“Congratulations,” Jihoon muttered, giving them a death glare. “I haven’t noticed.”

 

He went back to eat his food, leaving Seungcheol and Jeonghan to look at one another in silence. 

 

“I’m full,” Jeonghan said, handing Seungcheol his plate. “And DON’T-” he held his hand up to ignore Seungcheol’s future protest. “Say anything. Don’t force me to eat, I feel like throwing up.”

 

“You- wait, really?” Seungcheol set their plates down to the side and wrapped his arm around Jeonghan, bringing him closer. “Are you okay?”

 

Jeonghan nodded, leaning his head on Seungcheol’s shoulder. “Yeah, I’m fine, promise,” he said, closing his eyes. “I’m just really worried, you know.”

 

Seungcheol didn’t say anything else. Truth was, he was worried sick about their son, didn’t even want him to go in the first place, but the last thing he needed was for them to talk about it.

 

He looked around outside to where they were. Chan and his group had taken them to a remote house in the middle of the forest, were they were eating the food they had been given, while the group in front of them argue and bicker over… to be honest, Seungcheol didn’t even know what. 

 

“You never let me carry the machete, why does Minho over here get to use it all the time?!” an omega was shouting at Chan, holding another deadly weapon instead, a pair of nunchucks. “He doesn’t even clean it properly!” 

 

The alpha Minho started laughing. “Haha, you’re just jealous you can’t carry it because of how heavy it is-”

 

Jisung swung his nunchucks at Minho, missing by only an inch. “I’ll cut your off and shove it down your throat,” he told him in a low voice. 

 

“How else am I gonna you, then?” Minho said with a smirk.

 

“How about no one gets the machete anymore-” Chan tried to interrupt them.

 

Jisung’s eyes widened to the point of almost bulging out of his sockets. “I’M ALREADY PREGNANT WITH YOUR CHILD, YOU NIMWIT, YOUR IS USELESS-”
 

Chan turned around and saw a young omega skip towards him, his hand extended. “Chan, Chan, look, look, Hyunjin is making me a blanket-”

 

“Yeah, go and show me, Jeongin, before these two kill each other,” Chan muttered under his breath, grabbing Jeongin’s hand, following where he led him to. 

 

“You’re a cliche.” Seungcheol jumped when he heard someone say this next to his ear, turning around to see an alpha looking at him. “Tall, muscular, such a cliche for an alpha-”

 

An omega (probably taller than the alpha calling out Seungcheol for just… existing, god knows what) came up behind the alpha, grabbing his arm. “Come on, Changbin, there’s nothing wrong with being- uh, you’re already strong-”

 

“YOU WERE GOING TO CALL ME SHORT-” Changbin got up and looked at the omega. “I KNEW IT, FELIX, YOU THINK I’M SHORT-”

 

Both of them were interrupted by Chan, who had come back over and pulled their ears. “You two need to calm down, I have to talk to them-”

 

“Minho and Jisung over there were arguing and you didn’t say jack !” Changbin yelled at him. “That’s not fair-”

 

“Minho had a machete in his hands, in case you didn’t notice, that convo will happen later,” he said, watching the two run away. “Oh gosh, children,” he muttered, crossing his arms. “They’re a handful.”

 

“They literally all look older than 20,” Seungcheol pointed out. 

 

Chan rolled his eyes. “I know, that’s partly the problem,” he said, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Minho and Jisung are going to have a child and yet they argue about machetes. What has my life become.”

 

Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan besides him, who had fallen asleep. In his unconsciousness, he started to clutch onto Seungcheol’s shirt, pulling him a bit closer. “Our kid was- IS, very quiet,” he said to Chan. “We never had trouble with him, though… we remained indoors, though.”

 

Chan raised an eye. “So you did have a mysterious omega and kid,” he muttered under his breath. “Woah, Hyunsuk was telling the truth.”

 

“I- I mean I guess,” Seungcheol said, trailing off. He remembers hearing something similar coming out of Yifan’s mouth once, but… hold on- “Wait, Hyunsuk?”

 

“Yeah, Hyunsuk, who do you think made me be out here in the first place?” Chan explained. 

 

Seungcheol tried to remember about the own rumors of Chan back in the village and about his disappearance. Seungcheol himself wasn’t active that much (only a handful of people knew about his existence) but he still knew what about the gossip that went through the town. 

 

Wait… Chan wasn’t the only one who had disappeared…

 

“Where’s Woojin?” Seungcheol asked, hoping it wasn’t a sensitive topic. “And what is it about Hyunsuk?”

 

Chan smiled, walking away. “it’s a long story.”

 

***

 

After the meeting, Jisung had gone to go find Chen Le, wanting to be with him for a bit. 

 

Chen Le was… a cool person to hang out with. He admitted it. And, maybe, if there were a way to court the omega, with the desire being reciprocated, he would. 

 

He had to call this off, soon. He couldn't believe it was announced during the town hall meeting; people were going to expect a union ceremony soon. Sure, much of the attention right now was focused on where the chief’s son and betrothed were, but their attention wasn’t going to be distracted for long. 

 

God, he should have called it off when he could- no, he should have been upfront to the parents in the first place. Matter of fact, he shouldn’t have gone to the house in the first place, that’s creepy as . 

 

When he couldn’t find him outside when all the people were leaving, he decided to walk deep into the forest, hands in his pockets to try to clear his mind. To be fair, a lot of information had been shared in that meeting, and Jisung had a bad feeling it was going to be a storm soon here in the village. 

 

He hadn’t been walking for five minutes, though, when he heard shouting and sounds of the leaves crunching behind him. Confused, he turned around and was surprised to see Chen Le, after all, running with his omega friend Jimin. 

 

“AY! CHEN LE!” Jisung shouted, trying to make sure he heard him to catch his attention. 

 

 Chen Le was a bit surprised to see him, but kept running the same speed as Jimin. When they reached him, though, he stopped momentarily, already preparing to keep running. “I’m sorry, I don’t have time,” he said, before stopping completely. “Wait, Jimin, where’s Yoongi?”

 

“I- oh no, he wasn’t being dramatic!” Jimin shouted, already running back the way they came from. “YOONGI! I’M SORRY WE LEFT YOU BEHIND!”

 

Far away, Jisung could hear a faint yell, assuming it was Yoongi. “I HATE THESE STUPID WOODS!”

 

“I- I just wanted to say I didn’t know that they would announce it at the town hall today, honestly,” Jisung explained. “I’m sorry, I put you in an awful position-”

 

“I- Jisung, I’m not even worried about that, honestly, I don’t have time to worry about that,” Chen Le said, standing on his tiptoes as he looked to where Jimin was running. “JIMIN, WE HAVE TO HURRY!!!!”

 

Jisung stared at him, a puzzled look on his face. “Wait, what’s wrong, is there something I missed?”

 

Chen Le sighed. “Well, you heard how they paired up Baekhyun,” he explained. “He wasn’t even there, Jisung, he skipped the meeting, imagine how he’s going to feel when they show up to his house and he’s suddenly courting an official’s son? No, that- that can’t happen, Jisung, most of those guys always made us feel like anyways!”

 

“I- I do remember them mentioning that, yeah,” Jisung muttered to himself. “Wait, can’t he say no?”

 

“Pfft, like how I could?” Chen Le pointed out. He turned back to look at Jimin behind them, now dragging a half-passed out Yoongi. “JIMIN!” 

 

“I’M COMING!” Jimin shouted back. “Give us a second!”

 

Chen Le and Jisung stood there quietly, waiting for Jimin to catch up with Yoongi. 

 

“I’M SORRY I’M NOT YOUR PERFECT ALPHA, JIMIN, I’M WEAK AS !” Yoongi yelled, collapsing to the ground right when they caught up with Chen Le and Jisung. 

 

Without thinking, Jisung bent down and carried a dehydrated Yoongi, carrying him bridal style. “Where’s Baekhyun?” he asked.

 

Chen Le wanted to say something, but Jimin cut him off. “He’s probably at the stream with Chaneyol!” he explained, running towards the direction, and the other three followed suit, no other questions asked. 

 

***
 

“So… what’s the game plan?” Bambam asked. 

 

“Do you ever SHUT THE UP?!?!” Yugyeom yelled at him. “Now is not the time-”

 

“Yugyeom, I don’t know if you know what’s going on, but we’re about to be in serious hot water right now so PLEASE someone tell me what we are going to do before we get locked up or executed or some ?!?!” Bambam yelled back to Yugyeom. 

 

“Let’s just go to the forest, first,” Kun suggested, helping Taeyong carry a beaten-up Jaehyun. “We should probably go think there instead of some big open space like here-”

 

Jinyoung stumbled onto the floor, accidentally dragging Jaebum with him. “I feel like I’m going to throw up,” he whispered, tears falling down his face.

 

“Dude, you need air.” Mark Tuan helped Jinyoung get off the floor and rapidly took him outside, ignoring what the others behind him were doing. Jinyoung was expecting, after all; they had to be really careful. 

 

Outside on the grass, Jinyoung placed his hand on the wall and started dry heaving, clutching onto his stomach while Mark patted his back. “You can’t keep it in, it’s bad for you,” he said. “It’s fine.”

 

A few more seconds passed with Jinyoung spitting on the grass when Jaebum finally came out, practically limping. “Hey, baby, you- are you okay?” he said, coming to Jinyoung’s other side and wrapping his arm around him as well, only to accidentally bump into him. “-”

 

Jackson came out of the door from the basement of the town hall, running up to them. “JAEBUM! I SAID YOUR ANKLE MIGHT BE SPRAINED-”

 

Mark really wanted to say learn to walk first, but he held his tongue as he remembered the two were injured and just recently locked up. “Please just be careful with him,” Mark reminded. “Do you guys have any idea why they put you two in there? Seems dramatic to me?”

 

When Jinyoung finished, he wiped his mouth with the back of his sleeve, letting Jaebum pull him closer to a hug. “I just want to go home,” he cried out, covering his eyes as he started to bawl. 

 

“I heard some stuff, but- oh no, don’t cry, baby,” Jaebum said, giving a crying Jinyoung a tight hug. “I’m so sorry, don’t worry, we’re leaving-”

 

“I think we’re heading to the stream,” Jackson told Mark, pointing at the rest of the group behind him, who were still arguing (well, just Yugyeom and Bambam, to be honest; Youngjae and Kun kept shouting at them and Taeyong and Jaehyun were in their own little world.) “It’s easy to follow, should point to somewhere, and it’s water which is crucial. We should probably leave now, though, the town hall meeting is going to end soon.”

 

“Yeah, meaning we should be quiet and these two punks are arguing,” Mark pointed out.

 

Jackson nodded. “I’ll handle that,” he said, walking over to the bickering duo and holding them in choking positions. “Shut the up-”

 

“Did you just try to kill me?!” Yugyeom shouted, holding his neck. 

 

“What the , bro?” Bambam said as well.

 

Jackson flipped them off. “Stream now. TO THE STREAM GUYS-”

 

“I TOLD YOU WE HAD TO BE QUIET-”
 

 

***

 

Takuya went all the way back to the hut where Si Cheng and his mother lived, not paying any attention to the fact that Shin had been following him. 

 

He opened the door to the room and was startled when he saw Yuta pressed again Si Cheng’s face. “YOU’RE REALLY KISSING HIM AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!!” he shouted in Japanese. 

 

Yuta groaned, pulling away from Si Cheng to give him a dirty look. “Bro, really?” he said in Japanese as well. “What the are you doing here?”

 

“They’re going to sell him off!!” Takuya yelled, pointing at Si Cheng who had no clue what they were saying to each other. “He’s getting paired up with another alpha!!”

 

“I KNOW THAT, YOU DUMB ! Why do you think I was kissing him, idiot?!” 

 

Takuya raised an eye at him. “And your first reaction was to kiss him? Really?”

 

Yuta sighed. “It’s a lot more complicated than that-”

 

“Is something wrong?” Si Cheng asked them in Korean, confused as to why they were shouting. “What happened?”

 

“Nothing, he’s being an idiot,” Yuta said in Korean, and then in Japanese, said “can you please leave?”

 

“Why, so that you two can face? Are you forgetting that the only reason we are here is because we are running from Prince Yoon from the Kaeleous Kingdom?”

 

“YOU WANTED TO STEAL THAT NECKLACE!” Yuta shouted. 

 

“HOW I WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT WAS FROM THE MISSING PRINCE JEONGHAN? I DON’T GIVE A , YOU KNOW WE WERE SET UP-”

 

The door opened, Si Cheng’s mother poking her head in the room. “Is- why are two alpha men in your room arguing?” she asked him in Mandarin. 

 

Si Cheng looked at Takuya and Yuta before shaking his head. “I don’t know ma,” he said truthfully. 

 

She nodded, scratching the back of her neck. “Well…” she said, trailing off. “The official and his son Jaewoo are here to see you. I.. I don’t know what we’re going to do, son, I’m- I’m sorry.”


 

***


 

Minghao came back to the living room with yet another set of blankets. “Here you go,” he said, setting it on top of the mattress pad on the floor. “I hope you guys are comfy.”

 

Junmyeon nodded his head. “Yes, thank you,” he said, looking down on the floor with his hands on his lap. 

 

He looked up after a few seconds to find Minghao staring at him. “You know, your eomma was also a quiet introvert just like you,” Minghao pointed out.

 

“What? No, my eomma is really loud,” Junmyeon said, trying to stifle a laugh. “My parents bicker a lot.”

 

“That’s just him nagging,” Minghao said, waving him off. “Well, I’m going to bed and let me know if ZItao sneaks out, I have a strong feeling he’s been doing that recently. He’s a… really quiet kid, I guess, but NIGHT!”

 

And just like that, Minghao left, leaving the two of them alone in the living room. 

 

Yifan got up from the couch, grabbing one of the blankets off the stack. “Do you… have a preference on which side you like to sleep at?” he asked Junmyeon. 

 

“Uh…” Junmyeon looked at his fingernails. “I like to sleep on the right, but then I shift to the left in the middle of the night.”

 

“Oh, huh.” Yifan stared at the blanket in his hands. “I’m the opposite, to be honest, I… though every now and then I wake up on the floor, confused on how I got there-”

 

Junmyeon laughed. “Why- do you sleepwalk?!” he asked him. “Why does that happen?” 

 

“I don’t know but it is comfy sometimes, for no reason,” Yifan explained, shrugging. “Though I will say, this mattress pad does look comfy as well, and it’s already on the floor, so…” he sat down at the edge on the left side. “Yeah.”

 

Junmyeon grinned, getting up to sit on the right side beside Yifan. “Well, at least you won’t fall on the floor, do you not bump your head or something?”

 

“Well… no, I’m not too worried,” Yifan admitted, running his fingers through his hair. “But I can barely fit on the bed, to be honest- your mom told us about you sneaking out, I think he’s worried about you.”

 

Junmyeon raised an eye, turning around to see Zitao in the hallway, staring at them. “I’m not sneaking out.”

 

Yifan rolled his eyes. “You don’t have to worry about lying to me, I’m not your eomma,” he said, shrugging.

 

Zitao blinked. “I don’t lie to him! I just… I’ll be back in an hour-” he quickly walked past the two of them and opened the front door, carefully shutting it behind them. 

 

“He’s going to tell us he’s not sneaking out while he’s sneaking out,” Yifan said, sighing. “He sounds like Chanyeol. ‘Oh, I didn’t fall’ he says while a big gash is on his forehead. What is it, decoration?”

 

“Is that just a thought of you and your friends having head injuries?” Junmyeon said, grinning. “You guys sound insane.”

 

“Well, Jungkook did bust his head trying to get that coconut- you know what, you do have a point there,” Yifan said. “Eh. Could be worse, though, wonder how they are doing right now.”

 

Junmyeon went back to staring at his fingers, picking at a hangnail. “I wonder how my parents are doing,” he mumbled quietly. 

 

“Hey, I’m sure they’re fine,” Yifan said. “Here- come here-”

 

He wrapped his arms around Junmyeon, pulling him closer into a hug. He could feel the wet tears on the omega’s face and couldn’t help but wonder how long he had been holding them in anyways. 

 

They pulled away after a few minutes, and Yifan brushed some of the tears away with his thumb. “I’m sure they’re fine, Junmyeon, they are most definitely worried about you, too.”

 

Junmyeon nodded, wiping his face with the back of his hand. “I just… everything going on has been a mess and my feelings are really confusing and- and I don’t know, to be honest... “ he trailed off.

 

“Yeah, mine too,” Yifan muttered under his breath. 

 

“Eh?” Junmyeon asked, staring at him wide eyed. “What did you say?”

 

Yifan didn’t say anything at first, only looking at Junmyeon when he leaned in a bit closer. 

 

Junmyeon couldn’t explain, but he found himself leaning in as well, the two maintaining eye contact until at just the right moment, Yifan stopped, pressing his lips slightly onto Junmyeon’s. 

 

And with that, Junmyeon got his answer.