FINAL

Like You Lots
 
 

“Someone stop that girl!” the loud masculine yelled across the campus. “I’m going to kill you!”

 

“Get out of the way!” the young girl yelled, running as fast as her legs would allow her to. “I said move!”

 

“You can’t run forever!” the male voice called again, closer to her. “Na Soojin!”

 

“Try me, Jeon Jungkook!” she turned back to see the distance between them, proving to be her mistake.

 

“Gotcha,” he whispered into her ear, his arms wrapping around her waist as he lifted her over his shoulder.

 

“Put me down!” Soojin screeched, slapping his back. “Someone! Help me! He’s literally kidnapping me!”

 

“Just sleep with each other already,” a familiar male voice called, causing Soojin to lift her head.

 

“Jaemin, you are the worst cousin to ever exist,” she called. “I’m here, asking for your help, and you are ignoring me,”

 

“I can’t be the worst if you’re in the running as well,” he stuck his tongue out at the girl, walking forward to fist bump Jungkook. “What did she do now?”

 

“She managed to dump the normal liquid in my bottle and replaced it with thick water without my noticing during class, then offered me what I assumed to be a normal breakfast burrito that instead was laced with red hot pepper,” Jungkook huffed, adjusting the girl on his shoulder who had given up trying to escape his grip, instead now tracing the design on the back of Jungkook’s denim jacket.

 

“Well, it’s payback for what you did the other day,” she retorted, leaning her arm down to pinch his leg.

 

“What did he do the other day?” Jaemin asked, peering behind Jungkook at his cousin.

 

“All I did was give her a can of Pringles,” he replied, a small smile playing on his lips.

 

“You individually every single one of them so they would be stale!”

 

“You two really are something else,” Jaemin shook his head, walking away from the two. “Please don’t kill her, she has to come to a family dinner tonight,”

 

“Wait, I don’t wanna go!” Soojin whined. “Jungkook, put me out of my misery, I know it’s what you want,”

 

“The end of your suffering would be the worst thing that could ever happen to me,” Jungkook smiled. “Where’s your next class?”

 

“I’m done for the day, going back to my apartment,” she sighed.

 

“Great, I have class at Hall S,” Jungkook said, turning around to walk towards his destination.

 

“Wait, put me down! Hall S is on the complete opposite side of where I parked,”

 

“I think not, Miss Soojin,” Jungkook chuckled, ignoring the girl’s hits to his back.

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“So kids, anything interesting happening at university?” Mrs. Na asked, looking between her niece and son.

 

“Not much,” Soojin replied, munching on a piece of meat. “A little too much work, but my professors are really nice and the semester is almost over, thankfully,”

 

“That’s good, sweetie,” Mrs. Na smiled. “Take more rice,”

 

“I’m fine, Imo, thank you,” she shook her head.

 

“I’m always worried about you not eating well or running out of money, so I made sure to pack some food to take back to your apartment,”

 

“Thank you Auntie, but you really didn’t have to,”

 

“Aigoo, anything for my favorite niece,”

 

“She’s your only niece,” Jaemin scoffed, his mouth stuffed with rice, meat, and salad.

 

“And you’re not even her favorite child despite being her only child,” Soojin stuck her tongue out.

 

“Hey, hey, no fighting,” Mr. Na said, stepping into the kitchen through the back door.

 

“Uncle!” Soojin exclaimed, leaving her food to throw her arms around her beloved uncle.

 

“There’s my lovely princess,” he smiled, pressing a kiss to her forehead, walking her back to her seat.

 

“I’m right here,” Jaemin pouted, side eyeing his father and cousin.

 

“And there’s my handsome prince,” the older man chuckled, pressing a kiss to his son’s forehead, causing a bright smile to appear.

 

“My little babies,” Mrs. Na chuckled, placing rice and meat on her husband’s plate.

 

“Soojin, are you staying for the night?” Mr. Na asked.

 

“Nope, I couldn’t impose on you guys like that,” Soojin said, placing her empty bowl on the table.

 

“Just stay,” Jaemin said, nudging her foot.

 

“I have class in the afternoon tomorrow, and I stay the night here, I am never going to want to leave,” she smiled, “but I’ll stay for a bit,”

 

Once they had finished their meal, Mr. and Mrs. Na had retired to their bedroom and Jaemin and Soojin had decided to go to Jaemin’s room.

 

“You know that they want you to move back in with us, right?” Jaemin questioned, scrolling through his phone as he lay on his bed.

 

“Yeah, I know,” Soojin sighed, lying parallel to her cousin but in the opposite direction. “But they’ve already done so much for me over the years, so now that I’m capable of taking care of myself, I shouldn’t have to depend on them,”

 

“Will you stay with us for next weekend?” he asked, sitting up to look at her.

 

“I’m not sure yet, probably not,” she replied.

 

“You know they love you, right Jinnie?”

 

“I know, Nana,” she sighed, studying the ceiling, “I know.”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“End of semester project!” Professor Hwang exclaimed, clapping her hands together. “It’s a simple project, but it is worth 45% of your final grade, so I do expect everyone to work with their partner to hand in their best work only!”

 

“Partner?” everyone groaned.

 

“Prof, why can’t we work alone?”

 

“Can I work with someone from the other class, Prof?”

 

“I will be assigning partners, and there will be no arguments, unless the issue is absolutely pressing, then come talk to me!” she exclaimed, taking out a piece of paper from her bag. “Okay, I’ll be reading the names, please switch your seats so you are sitting next to your partner, and then I will be explaining what the assignment is,” she cleared , waiting for the class to stop their muttering and side comments. “First up, Kim Yugyeom and Cha Eunwoo,”

 

“Yes!” the two boys high fived, already sitting next to each other.

 

“Huang Renjun and Lee Dong Hyuk. Kwon Eunbin and Lee Jeno. Yoon Sanha and Yang Yena. Cho Hyeyeon and Sung Nayeon…” Professor Hwang called the names, causing the young to zone out until she heard the words that she never wanted to hear.

 

“Na Soojin and Jeon Jungkook!”

 

“Professor, you can’t have us work together!” Soojin exclaimed.

 

“We hate each other!” Jungkook agreed.

 

“Well, this assignment will give you an opportunity to get to know each other really well then!” she smiled, continuing to read the rest of the names. Soojin huffed, shooting him a dirty look. Jungkook sighed, knowing that she was too stubborn to move to sit next to him. He zipped his backpack and held his laptop in his arms as he moved to sit in the empty seat next to the girl, rolling his eyes when she shuffled her seat away from him.

 

“I don’t want to be working with you,” he said, turning his laptop back on.

 

“Good to know the feeling is mutual,” she threw him a sarcastic smile, turning her head away to look out the window.

 

“So, now that we know who our partners are, let me explain the assignment,” Professor Hwang started, sitting on top of her desk while facing the class. “Throughout the semester, I have gotten to know you the way that you would like me to know you, but you guys don’t know each other well unless you’re friends. But I know that there are certain people in this class that have never talked to anyone, and maybe wouldn’t. So for this final project, I want you to interview your partner. Get to know them. And write me a three page paper on your partner and tell me about them. I want to know someone else perceives you. It’s an easy assignment in my opinion, but failure to complete it…” she had a knowing look. “To help you get started, I will email you a list of questions that you can ask your partner, but look beyond just those questions. So I wish you all good luck, you have two weeks for this paper!” she said, getting off her desk to gather her things. “That is all the time for today's class! Please do not wait until the last minute to do these papers, and as a reminder, there is no class next week, so I will see everyone the week after with your papers!”

 

“When do you want to work on this paper?” Jungkook asked, standing up to look down at Soojin.

 

“Whenever,” she shrugged. “Here’s my number and apartment address,” she said, sliding a piece of paper towards the boy. “Just text me whenever you want to get this over with,”

 

“You’re willing me giving me the address of where you live?” he raised an eyebrow. “You know the power that this gives me?”

 

“Whatever,” she shrugged. “I want to do well on this paper, I don’t want my grade to suffer,”

 

“Oh, okay,” he said. He walked towards the door, taking one look back at the girl. “Hey, you okay?”

 

“Are you getting all soft on me, Jeon?” she smirked at him.

 

“Me? Soft? In your dreams, Na,”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“I’ve been waiting for almost 20 minutes for you,” Junkook’s voice greeted her, causing her to look at the boy who was standing, arms crossed in front of her apartment door. “Your neighbors thought I was some weirdo,”

 

“Well, you are,” she said.

 

“Don’t you check your phone?” he asked.

 

“I went to bed early last night, phone died so I just plugged it in,” she explained, opening her door wide enough for the boy to enter.

 

“How do I know that you aren’t lying, and just wanted me to wait outside?” Jungkook asked, taking his shoes off before coming further into the apartment. “Damn, this is a really nice place, you live here alone?”

 

“Mhm,” she replied. “You can you wait on the couch, I’ll be back,” she replied, walking towards her bedroom. She quickly changed out of the pajamas that she was wearing, exchanging them for a pair of light grey leggings and a black oversized sweater, tying her hair into a quick side braid, and washing her face, before leaving her bedroom with her laptop. “Can I get you anything since you waited so long?”

 

“Just water,” Jungkook asked, muttering a quick thank you to her when she handed him the water bottle. “Why are you acting so…nice?” he asked.

 

“I’m a nice person,” she retorted before getting comfortable on the rug to face Jungkook, her laptop on the coffee table. “So, let’s get this over with,” she sighed.

 

“I’m not here because I want to spend more time with you,” Jungkook rolled his eyes, but took his laptop out and opened the file that their professor has sent them. “I’ll start, what - ”

 

“First question,” Soojin interrupted him, flashing him an overly sweet smile. “What is your favorite color and why?”

 

“Don’t make this so hard,” he sighed. “My favorite color is black. There’s no specific reason other than it’s easy to wear black clothing because it goes with everything. What about you?”

 

“Black as well,” Soojin said after a moment. “Without the color black, all the other colors can’t have depth or different hues. Afterall, black represents the absence of color,”

 

“Dark thinking…but okay,” he shrugged, typing her answer. “When you were younger, what did you want to grow up to be?”

 

“A teacher,” Soojin smiled, leaning back on her hands. “My aunt and uncle are both teachers at an elementary school, I saw how much fun they always have with these little kids, and I thought it would be fun. Until I grew up and realized that kids don’t like me,” she pouted. “You?”

 

“A badminton player,” Jungkook chuckled. “There was just something about being on the court and playing, but after an injury, those dreams were basically benched,”

 

“Oh,” Soojin said. “I never knew that,”

 

“We don’t really know each other that well, do we?” Jungkook asked, peering over his laptop at the girl.

 

“We spent much of our lives hating each other which I guess prevented us from really knowing each other,” Soojin said.

 

“Why did you hate me so much?”

 

“Did you just forget the fact that you tripped me in front of the class on my first day at the school and then laughed at me with the entire class?” she scoffed.

 

“I didn’t mean to trip you!” Jungkook defended himself.

 

“You still laughed!”

 

“I was 10 years old You’ve been hating me for the last 11 years because of that?”

 

“You never said sorry,” Soojin pouted.

 

“Well, Na Soojin,” Jungkook started, clearing his throat, “I apologize for my immature and childish behaviours from when I was 10 years old. Do you think we can start over?”

 

“I guess this is a start, Jeon Jungkook,” Soojin smiled, shaking the hand that he held extended forward.

 

“Are you getting soft on me, Na?”

 

“In your dreams, Jeon,”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“Come on, we have one last question before we can start writing our papers!”

 

“But I’m hungry, I want to take a break,” Soojin whined.

 

“We already took a break!” Jungkook sighed. “A three hour long one to watch The Office,”

 

“You asked me what my favorite show was and then had the audacity to tell me that you had never seen the show!” Soojin defended herself. “If anything, I was doing you a favor! That show is a masterpiece,”

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” he said. “Come on, let’s finish!”

 

“Fooooooood,” Soojin complained.

 

“How about this?” Jungkook sat up. “I’ll order us a pizza and while we’re waiting, we finish the questions and then start the paper. When the food arrives, we eat and then I can head out, okay?”

 

“You don’t have to go,” Soojin said quietly. “It’s only 6 PM,”

 

“I’ve been here for 5 hours already and you don’t want me to leave?” Jungkook asked.

 

“I was just saying, there’s no rush to go home, jeez. It’s called being a nice person, whatever,” she rolled her eyes. “Last question, then you can run on with your oh so interesting life,”

 

“Well, I want to stay now,” Jungkook said, taking his phone out. “So what kind of pizza do you like?”

 

“Anything as long as there is no pineapple,” she said. “Anyways, last question,” she paused, scrolling through what she was typing, “describe your family life growing up,”

 

“My family life?” Jungkook said out loud after he had finished ordering pizza. “Well, growing up, I lived with my parents and my older brother, Junghyung. We spent the first few years in Busan before moving to Seoul. There was nothing really special, you know? We had our times when my older brother and I would be fighting, or my parents would have their arguments. There were times when either my brother or I would have a disagreement with one of our parents, but at the end of the day, we were a family, and we always managed to figure out our differences. My brother and I have moved out of the family home when we started university, but once a week, we try to have a family dinner,”

 

“You really love your family, huh?” Soojin said, noticing Jungkook’s fond smile.

 

“Yeah, I do,” he smiled. “Anyways, what about you? Other than Jaemin being your cousin, I knew literally nothing about your life before today,”

 

“Well,” Soojin started, “I moved in with Jaemin and his parents when I was about 10 years old, and I’ve been living with them ever since. When I turned 18 years old, I wanted to move out despite my aunt and uncle being against it, so as a compromise, I had to move into this apartment because it’s close to the university and their house so I can visit them when they want me too,”

 

“What about the first 10 years of your life?” Jungkook asked, taking a pause from his typing. “What caused you to move in with Jaemin?”

 

“Well, I used to live with my parents. But then we got into an accident. They died. My father’s brother was the next living relative that was willing to take in a 10 year old child, so,” she shrugged. “Now you know everything that there is to know about Na Soojin,”

 

“I didn’t know that your parents passed away,” Jungkook’s voice was the softest the girl has ever heard it.

 

“You’re the first person, other than Jaemin, of course, that knows,” she said.

 

“What about your friends?”

 

“It was kind of hard to make friends when everyone remembered me as the girl that the oh so popular Jung Jungkook tripped on her first day at the new school,” she shrugged, saving her work before shutting off her laptop. “Plus, I like being alone. Friends just lead to problems,”

 

“Aren’t we friends now?” Jungkook asked, looking at the girl.

 

“Hm,” Soojin said thinking after a few moments. “Don’t go getting all soft on me now, Jungkook,” she smiled.

 

Jungkook had seen Soojin smile of course. She always smiled and laughed after every prank that she pulled on him.

 

This was the first time that he smiled with her.

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“Hello, Soojin,” Jungkook said, sliding in front of the girl at the campus cafe.

 

“Leave me alone before I make you sound like a sociopath in this paper, Jeon Jungkook,” Soojin muttered, taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

 

“Oh, you’re writing your paper on me?” he asked, leaning closer to catch a glimpse of her screen, but she turned it before he could fully process anything. “Boo, you ,”

 

“What do you want from me?” she asked.

 

“I thought we were friends, Soojin. Friends don’t talk to each other like that,” Jungkook shook his head.

 

Soojin let out a deep sigh before turning her eyes from her laptop screen to the boy in front of her. “Good morning, Jungkook! How was your morning? Mine was absolutely terrible! I woke up at 3 AM and was unable to go back to sleep. I decided to go on a walk then which turned out to be a bad idea because it started raining out of nowhere, even though there was no rain at all in the weather forecast. I then rushed home to take a hot shower because I was drenched in rainwater only to find out that due to maintenance in my apartment building, there was no hot water!”

 

“Wow, someone had a rough morning,” Jungkook let out a low whistle. “Anyways, I have something that will cheer you up?”

 

“Is it a vacation away from here?” she asked.

 

“No, even better! Saturday night - ”

 

“No,” Soojin replied, turning her attention back to laptop screen.

 

“You didn’t even let me finish,” Jungkook pouted.

 

“You don’t need to. My answer is no,”

 

“Just listen to me,” Jungkook whined, closing the girl’s laptop screen down. “Next Saturday night, my buddy Kim Seokjin is throwing a party to celebrate the end of the semester, and you are invited. Well, basically the entire campus is, but I don’t know if you would’ve heard from anyone else, so I thought I would invite you,”

 

“Hm, now that you have finished telling me, I guess my answer would have to be…no,” she smiled, packing her laptop away.

 

“You’ll change your mind! And when you do, I’ll be waiting for you at the party where we will have so much fun!” Jungkook said as she stood up.

 

“I highly doubt it, but you think whatever you want to,” she said, turning to walk away.

 

“You forgot your drink!” Jungkook called after her, raising her cup that was still ⅔ full.

 

“Treat, on me! Enjoy it!”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“Okay class, please hand your papers towards the front for me to collect!” Professor Hwang stated, walking into the classroom. “I’m hoping this was a fairly easy way to end the semester?”

 

“Yes, Professor,” the other students said.

 

“I know that everyone is excited for this class to end for 50 minutes from here, the winter semester is officially over. You guys have finished all your other finals, and you’re excited to spend the holidays with your family and friends, enjoying the break after a hell-like semester,” she chuckled, collecting the piles of papers. “I will be grading these and individually emailing everyone with feedback comments and you grade, I will not be making anyone come back to campus unless you would like the physical copy back. So that is that, now tell me,” a pause as she took a seat on her desk to face the class, “what did you learn about your partner? I know you guys the way that you wanted me to know you, but I want to know how your partner perceives you, as we all interpret things differently. Soojin and Jungkook, why don’t you two start us off?”

 

“Us?” Jungkook looked up from his laptop, taking a peek at the girl next to him.

 

“Well, I learned that Jungkook is just as annoying as I thought he was,” Soojin starting, causing the class to laugh and Jungkook to frown, “but underneath all that, he’s just this guy that thinks of the best of everyone and everything. He recognizes his wrong doings and tries to make things right, no matter how much time has passed. He’s someone that once you get to know, is impossible to hate,”

 

“And Jungkook?” Professor Hwang asked, her smile indicating how satisfied she seemed.

 

“Soojin is the complete opposite. Here, she sits in all black, seeming all quiet, but she’s a firecracker. She has the wittiest reply always ready on the tip of her tongue, but it’s all in good nature. She’s super caring of those that she holds near and dear to her heart, and although she doesn’t show it often, she won’t let anyone mess with them,”

 

“Don’t go getting all soft on me now, Jeon Jungkook,” Soojin chuckled, lightly kicking his shins with her foot, but she had to turn her face to hide her cheeks turning the slightest hue of pink.

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“Oh, Soojin, you’re a lifesaver,” Jaemin sighed when his cousin appeared with bouquets of flowers. “Mom could’ve killed me,”

 

“I think I can handle picking up the flowers,” she chuckled.

 

“But you shouldn’t have to,” he frowned, wrapping one arm around her shoulders as the walked into the building.

 

“Oh, sweetheart, how are you?” Mr. Na asked, embracing his niece.

 

“I’m fine, how are you feeling?” she asked, giving him a tight hug.

 

“Better now that you’re here,” he sighed, walking in front of her to join his wife, Jaemin and Soojin standing behind. “Would you like to lead this year?”

 

“No one does it better than you, Uncle,” Soojin said, her uncle nodding, clearing his throat. Soojon brushed her hair behind her ear, blinking her blurry vision away to read the plaques in front of her.

 

Na Beom Seok

28.04.1967. - 07.12.2006.

Beloved husband and father.

Survived by his brother, Na Beom Soo and his family, and his daughter, Na Soojin.

 

Woon Dok Hye

18.09.1969. - 07.12.2006.

Beloved mother and wife.

Survived by her daughter, Na Soojin.

 

“Hey,” Jaemin whispered to his cousin, holding her hand in his to squeeze. “Happy Birthday, Jinnie,”

 

“Thanks, Nana,” she smiled back softly, squeezing his hand.

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“Hey, dude!” Jungkook shouted over the loud music when he spotted Jaemin.

 

“Hey, what’s up with you?” Jaemin smiled, allowing the boy to give him half a hug. “Everything good?”

 

“Hell yeah, needed this little stress reliever after this semester,” Jungkook nodded, taking a sip of his beer. “You came so late, I was starting to think that you weren’t coming,”

 

“Yeah, sorry about that,” Jaemin replied, taking a sip of his drink. “I was at Soojin’s,”

 

“Speaking of her, where is she?” Jungkook slightly pouted. “I invited her.”

 

“Yeah, she mentioned it,” Jaemin chuckled. “I tried changing her mind, but she wouldn’t budge. She just needs today to herself, so I didn’t try fighting her on it, although I really should’ve,”

 

“Why, is she okay?”

 

“It’s,” Jaemin started, “it’s her parents’ death anniversary today,” his voice slightly quiet but just enough that Jungkook could hear him over the loud music.

 

“Oh,” Jungkook said. “I wasn’t aware of the date,”

 

“Yeah, she doesn’t like talking about it, especially since it’s her birthday too, we usually just visit the memorial in the morning, and ever since she moved out, she usually goes back to her apartment alone rather than coming home with my parents. I really wish it was different, but - ”

 

“Wait, it’s her birthday today, too?” Jungkook asked, taken aback. “I gotta go,” he muttered, placing his beer bottle on the table nearby before rushing out the door, ignoring Jaemin calling his name from behind.

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“What are you doing here?” Soojin said, opening the door, staring at the boy who was clad in a pair of grey joggers and a black hoodie, hood over his head.

 

“Happy birthday,” Juungkook said, holding up the box that held a small chocolate cake.

 

“Good bye,” she said, closing the door.

 

“Wait, wait, wait!” he said, shoving his foot to stop the door from closing. “It’s cold out here, let me come in? Please?” Soojin sighed, but walked away from the door and back towards the couch where she was bundled up under a fuzzy blanket. Jungkook let himself in, closing the door behind him as he quickly took his shoes off, stopping in the kitchen to place the cake in the fridge. “Move over,” he said, standing over her figure on the couch. The girl threw him a weird look before turning her attention back to the movie that was playing. “Soojin move over before I make you.” The girl ignored him this time, her attention straight on the television. “I warned you,” he sighed, using all his power to rip the blanket off the girl.

 

“Hey!” she exclaimed, but she was futile against his strength. Jungkook settled on the tiny couch, criss crossing his legs so that the warmth from his legs would radiate onto the girl as he adjusted the blanket over them.

 

Mulan, my favorite,” he smiled, nudging her shoulder with his. “Did you know that in Chinese, Ping means pot, and when with her last name, her name means flowerpot, which is a Chinese term - ”

 

“Why are you here?” Soojin interrupted him.

 

“Because you’re my friend, and I don’t let my friends spend their birthday alone,” he said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“Stupid Jaemin and his blabber mouth,” Soojin muttered under her breathe. “Look, I appreciate the gesture, but I would be even more appreciative if you left me alone,”

 

“Come on, just let me stay,” Jungkook whined, holding onto the blanket tighter. “I thought we were friends,”

 

“I never said we were,”

 

“What?” Jungkook gasped. “After you gave me your drink last week?”

 

“You seem like the type of person to take free stuff from anyone,” she shrugged, leaning back against the couch.

 

“Hey, as a broke college student, who am I to deny free stuff?” he defended himself, fixing the blanket that was slipping off the girl’s shoulder. The two sat in silence, their attention on the movie as they watched Mulan training alongside her fellow soldiers, finally succeeding and surpassing them.

 

“We were on our way to the store to pick up a birthday present for me,” Soojin spoke up. “Because I couldn’t wait until the next day to get it. I’m the one that wanted to go that evening to get the stupid doll.” Her voice was soft and hoarse, in a way that Jungkook never heard before.

 

“It’s not - ”

 

“My fault,” she dryly chuckled. “It was black ice, I couldn’t have none. No one could’ve. That’s what everyone says,” she shook her head, blinking her eyes rapidly to prevent any tears from falling. “I am so thankful that my uncle took me in, but I know every time he looks at me, all he can see is the fact that I’m the reason his brother is dead,”

 

“Is that why you moved out?” Jungkook asked, his voice just as soft.

 

A nod. “He would never admit, but I know deep inside, that’s how he feels about me,”

 

“I highly doubt that,” Jungkook started. He saw the girl opened to reply, but he continued speaking. “It truly wasn’t your fault. You couldn’t possibly have known about black ice on the road. Even your parents hadn’t expected it, or else they wouldn’t have agreed to go. And if your uncle really felt that way, he would have never taken you in. If he only took you in out of a sense of responsibility towards your father, he didn’t have to keep checking in on you after you moved out,” Jungkook took a look at the girl. The room was dark, the only light coming from the television that reflected onto her face. Studying her face, he could see the streaks of dried tears on her cheeks, her eyes a little puffy. Her face looked tired, different from the stress of a normal college student. Jungkook shifted closer next to her, placing one arm around her shoulders, gently pushing her head onto his shoulder. “You’re worth so much more than you give yourself credit for, Na Soojin,”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

Soojin woke up the next morning with feeling too warm. She tried to blink the sleep away to get a clear vision of the dark room. After her eyesight adjusted, she could see the bright green time flash on her cable box.

 

4:27 AM.

 

Happy that she still had more time to sleep, she closed her eyes before realizing that her lower body felt heavy - a little too heavy. She opened her eyes again, covering before she could let out a scream. Lying between her legs, using her stomach as a pillow was Jungkook, his arms tightly wrapped around her waist. She tried getting his hold off of her, but even in his sleep, he was too strong. She gave up, flopping back against the couch, knowing that it was useless. She couldn’t help but admit that although it was a little too much, she liked the warmth that he was providing her. His long hair was sprawled out and she couldn’t help but touch it, playing with the soft fluffy part of him that she had always wanted to feel in their childhood.

 

“I guess you’re not that bad a friend, Jeon Jungkook,” she said softly, twirling his hair between her fingers. “Not that bad at all,”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

The morning after her birthday, Jungkook was the first to wake up, and after taking one look at their position, he quickly got up, tucking the blanket around the girl before leaving the apartment, leaving a quick note for the girl on the table.

 

Two weeks had passed since that day, and Soojin had yet to hear from the boy. She didn’t want to text him first and seme clingy, but she couldn’t deny that she felt differently about that boy and wanted to talk to him.

 

“Is everything alright, honey?” Mrs. Na asked, looking up from her knitting needles to take a quick peek at her niece. The girl was sprawled out on the rug of her aunt and uncle’s home, using her cousin’s legs as a headrest. She was playing with her fingers, her eyes closed as she was quietly muttering to herself.

 

“She’s officially lost it, Mom,” Jaemin said, his eyes on the television where he was watching a Marvel movie.

 

“Don’t talk about her like that,” Mrs. Na scolded the boy, putting her needles to the side. “Soojin, come here to me,” she said. Soojin stood up, lightly kicking Jaemin’s legs before she sat down on the couch, laying down so her head was on her aunt’s lap. “Tell Auntie what’s wrong,”

 

“There’s nothing wrong, I was just…thinking,” Soojin said.

 

“You know, when I was your age,” Mrs. Na chuckled, her fingers running through the girl’s hair, “the only time I would appear like this is when I would get in a fight with your uncle. Before we started dating, he was always picking little fights with me to get my attention, but then he would get all distant, and it always seemed to bother me,”

 

“I’m not dating anyone, Auntie,” Soojin replied.

 

“No, but there is a guy she has her eyes on,” Jaemin smirked.

 

“Jaemin,” Soojin started, her voice filled with a tone of warning.

 

“Oh really?” Mrs. Na asked, interested. “Who?”

 

“It’s no one - ”

 

“Jeon Jungkook,” Jaemin turned around to face the women.

 

“The younger Jeon boy?” Mrs. Na looked down at her niece. “I thought that they hated each other,”

 

“Oh no, Mom. They’ve gotten very close as of recent and are becoming very good friends. Who knows if it’ll become something more?”

 

“It’ll never become something more,” Soojin sat up, shaking her head.

 

“When hate turns into friendship, friendship blossoms to love, it all happens so fast,” Mrs. Na smiled. “I’m glad that you two children are working past your differences, I always did like him. Such a sweet boy, and he is quite handsome. Good for you, Soojin,” the older woman nodded, standing up to go to the kitchen.

 

“Yeah, good for you, Soojin,” Jaemin laughed, repeating his mother’s words.

 

“I’m going to kill you, Na Jaemin, I really am,” she said, launching herself at her cousin.

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

Soojin stopped in front of the entrance of the park, her breath appearing in small clouds around her. She took a sip of the water bottle that she was holding in her hand, her body feeling hot despite the cold December weather. Fixing her headphones, she stretched her legs before turning around to run back towards her apartment building, turning too fast as she bumped into a taller figure.

 

“I’m so sorry,” she called, leaning down to fix her untied shoelace.

 

“Hey stranger,” a familiar male voice called, causing the girl to look up at a face that she didn’t expect to see.

 

“Jungkook,” she said, surprised. “How are you?”

 

“I’m good, how about you? I haven’t seen you in awhile,” he replied.

 

“Yeah, you kind of disappeared that day,” she said, noticing how the boy was avoiding eye contact with her.

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry for that. I just - ”

 

“No worries, Jungkook,” Soojin smiled. “Hey, I got an email from Professor Hwang, I got an A on the paper I wrote about you. She also said that you wrote about me in a way that she didn’t expect, so thank you,”

 

“Of course,” the boy smiled, scratching the back of his neck. She nodded, standing up once again. “Hey, I’m having a New Year’s Eve party, you’re invited!”

 

“Oh, I shouldn’t be intruding with your friends,” she shook her head.

 

“You wouldn’t be,” Jungkook said, taking a step closer to her. “I want you to be there,”

 

“Oh, she said, hoping that he wouldn’t realize that it was his words causing her cheeks to turn pink. “Text me the address, and I’ll see if I can make it,”

 

“Great,” Jungkook smiled. “I’ll see you there,”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“What do I wear?” Soojin exclaimed, throwing clothes out of her closet onto the floor.

 

“Clothes,” Jaemin replied from her bed, scrolling through his phone.

 

“Gee thanks,” she rolled her eyes, flinging at shirt at the boy.

 

“Just wear something nice, you’ll be fine,” he said, sitting up. “Unless you’re trying to impress a certain someone,”

 

“I’m not dressing up for Jungkook,”

 

“I never said his name,” Jaemin wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“Well, you know what?” Soojin frowned, flipping off her cousin. “Maybe I should just stay home, I knew that I shouldn’t have said yes,”

 

“No, don’t say that!” Jaemin groaned, rolling off the bed. “Here, you go shower, do whatever it is that you have to do, and I will pick an outfit for you,”

 

“You’re gonna make sure I look like a bum. Or a ,” she pouted, but allowed her cousin to push her out of the room.

 

“I will make sure that you look like a beautiful angel. Depending on how well you clean up,” he patted her head. “Shave your legs in case I pick out a dress!” Soojin sighed, but shouted an okay over her shoulders.

 

30 minutes later, Soojin returned to her bedroom, her body wrapped in a robe and her hair held in a towel turban. Her room was much cleaner than before, the clothes that she had thrown onto the floor were folded and put away and instead, there was an outfit neatly placed on the bed. “I know,” Jaemin smiled, getting off the bed. “I”m the best. Don’t take too long to get ready, I’ll be waiting for you in the living room, Jinnie,”

 

“Thank you, Nana!” she called, closing the door. She took a closer inspection at the outfit, not being able to deny that her cousin did a really good job at picking the outfit. She first took her hair out of the towel, using her blow dryer to properly dry her hair, using the curler to add waves to her usually straight hair. After she was satisfied, she applied very light makeup, not wanting to go all out as she was unsure of just how extravagant this party would be. Once she was content with her appearance, she stood from her vanity, exchanging her fluffy robe for the black body con skirt and silver top that Jaemin had picked for her. She slipped into her black ankle heeled boots, taking one look at herself before stepping out of the bedroom. “Ready,” she called, taking her coat out of the closet.

 

“Damn, I better make sure Jungkook keeps his hands off you,” Jaemin nodded, taking in her appearance.

 

“Shut up,” she rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless.

 

“Since I’m basically your older brother, it’s my job,” Jaemin shrugged

 

“You’re only older than me by a few months,” she said, grabbing her purse and phone.

 

“Still older than you, Jinnie,” he smiled, linking his arm with hers.

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“Hey!” Jungkook smiled brightly opening his front door. Soojin took one look at him and she could tell that the boy was slightly tipsy, his pink cheeks being a dead give away. “I’m so glad you made it!” he exclaimed, throwing his arms around Soojin.

 

“Oh!” she said, taken aback for a moment before hugging him back, ignoring the looks that Jaemin was giving her over his shoulder. “Thanks for inviting me,” she patted his back, pulling away.

 

“Come on, let me introduce you to everyone,” he said, holding her hand with his larger one, pulling her into the living room as Jaemin followed. “These are some of my closest pals,” Jungkook smiled, gesturing at everyone, going from left to right. “Namjoon, Yoongi, Yugyeom, Taehyung, Jimin, Jaehyun, Eunwoo, Seokjin, Hoseok, Mingyu, BamBam, and Seokmin. Guys, this is Soojin and her cousin Jaemin,”

 

“Oh, so this is the famous Soojin,” Jaehyun smiled, giving a knowing look to the other guys. “Jungkook talks about you, a lot,”

 

“I hope good things only,” she chuckled, taking the empty seat between Yoongi and Eunwoo

 

“Sit closer,” Junkook said, patting the seat next to him.

 

“Don’t be jealous that she wants to sit next to us,” Yoongi chuckled. “Would you like a drink? There’s beer, wine, vodka, juice, soda, pick your poison,”

 

“I’ll be fine with some wine, thank you,” she smiled at the man, completely missing Jungkook’s pout.

 

“Don’t worry buddy, I’ll sit with you. After all were both from the Na family,”Jaemin chuckled, settling next to the boy with a bottle of beer, causing everyone to laugh. Everyone engaged in their own conversations, music playing from one corner of the room, the television on as the New Years Eve program was playing.

 

It was an hour to midnight now, and Soojin found herself at the food table, munching on a cupcake while she was studying everyone else in the room, a soft smile on her face. “Hey,” Jungkook said, coming next to her. “You good?”

 

“Yeah,” she smiled at him. “Thank you for inviting me, I’m happy I came,”

 

“I’m happy you came too,” Jungkook smiled, nudging her shoulder with his. “Look at us, being good friends, having a good old time at a party,”

 

“Who would’ve ever thought?” she smiled.

 

“Hey, BamBam,” Jungkook said to the boy passing by. “Can you take a picture of us?”

 

“Yeah sure,” he nodded, taking the phone from Jungkook. Jungkook wrapped one arm around her waist to bring her closer, the girl hoping that her cheeks weren’t as pink as she thought. She leaned her head towards his chest, smiling at the camera as BamBam took the picture. “Oh hey, look!” the boy commented, pointing above the two. “There’s a mistletoe!”

 

“I was waiting for someone to notice that I put that there,” Taehyung laughed, his cheeks too pink for him to be sober. “You two gotta kiss!”

 

“I’m not sure Soojin would be comfortable with that,” Jungkook refused, but he hadn’t removed his arm from her waist nor could he help himself from peeking at the girl.

 

“Oh, she doesn’t mind at all,” Jaemin chuckled, taking a sip of his beverage. “You guys are grown ups, I’m sure a little peck means nothing.” Jungkook turned his head to look down at the girl, sipping her wine to avoid eye contact.

 

“They won’t shut up, so just go ahead,” she said softly, tucking her hair behind her ear. Jungkook fixed his posture, ignoring the cheers of everyone as he leaned down to press his lips against Soojin’s cheek, BamBam acting fast enough to take a picture of it. ‘He’s gonna be thankful for this,’ he thought to himself as he handed the phone back to Jungkook.

 

“Hey, countdown!” Seokjin exclaimed, turning the volume on the T.V. “Come one everyone, ten!”

 

“You know, you don’t want to end the year with any regrets,” Jaemin whispered to Soojin.

 

“Nine!” Namjoon exclaimed.

 

“I don’t have any regrets,” Soojin whispered back.

 

“Eight!”

 

“Are you sure?” Jaemin questioned. “Nothing you want to get off your chest?”

 

“Seven!”

 

“Well, I mean, I can live with this feeling going into the new year,” Soojin said, gnawing on her bottom lip.

 

“Six!”

 

“Just because you can doesn’t mean you should,” Jaemin replied.

 

“Five!”

 

“I won’t force you into anything, but I’m here if you wanna talk,” he continued, giving her a knowing look.

 

“Four!”

 

“Three!”

 

“Two!”

 

“One!”

 

“I think I have a crush on Jungkook,” Soojin blurted, just loud enough for Jaemin to hear it as everyone else cheered.

 

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“What are you looking at?” Yugyeom asked, taking his eyes off the game he was playing to look at his best friend.

 

“Oh, nothing,” Jungkook waved his hand, swiping on his phone. BamBam shifted his eyes from the book he was trying to read over to Jungkook’s phone and smiled.

 

“Anything that would like to share with your good friends?” BamBam giggled, snatching the phone out of Jungkook’s hands, but not fast enough as Jungkook quickly pressed the power button on his phone.

 

“Oh, great job, BamBam,” Yugyeom rolled his eyes.

 

“We don’t need his phone unlocked, I think this is good enough,” BamBam smiled, showing the younger boy Jungkook’s lockscreen, the generic iPhone one he had earlier replaced by the picture of him kissing Soojin at the New Year’s Eve party last week.

 

“Oooohh, does our little Kookie have a crush?” Yugyeom teased, instantly forgetting his game.

 

“Pft, no,” Jungkook rolled his eyes, his cheeks betraying him. “She’s just a really good friend,”

 

“Must be a real special friend if you have a picture of you kissing her is your wallpaper,” BamBam teased.

 

“Whatever, leave me alone,” Jungkook huffed, taking his phone back. “Don’t you guys have our own place, why are you always bothering me at my place?”

 

“Because you’re our best friend and we love you,” Yugyeom said, smiling brightly.

 

“Come on, you can trust us with your little secret,” BamBam said.

 

“Fine, fine! I like her! A lot!” Jungkook groaned, shoving his face into the couch pillow.

 

“Aww, our little Kookie has a crush!” Yugyeom and BamBam , annoying the boy until he look one look at his wallpaper, a smile replacing his frown.

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

It was the next day when Jungkook found himself bored sitting at home, in that weird phase where he wanted classes to start because he was bored, but also wanted classes to never start because he didn’t want to deal with the work. He decided to take a walk, as it was a bright and sunny January day, the air not as chilly as it usually was. With his headphones in his ear and a beanie on his head, Jungkook found himself mindlessly walking until he found himself in front of a familiar building. ‘I wonder if she’s home,’ he thought to himself, and before he knew it, he found himself knocking on the door.

 

“Oh, hi,” Soojin said, opening the door without checking who it was. Jungkook could hear music playing, and the girl’s appearance seemed to be disheveled.

 

“I’m sorry, was I disturbing something?” he asked.

 

“Oh no!” she giggled, opening the door a little wider. “I was bored so I started rearranging my furniture,” she explained. “Want to come in?”

 

“Oh no, don’t wanna bother you,” he shook his head.

 

“Oh no, no, it’s fine, I’m almost done anyways, come in! I could use the extra set of hands,” she said, pulling him inside her apartment. “Sorry for the mess, dinner on me!” she exclaimed, walking further into the apartment. “I just need help moving the couch over there,” she explained, pointing to the wall where there used to be a bookshelf and her television. Jungkook nodded, going to the other side of the couch to help her push it against the wall. Once she was satisfied with the placing, she picked up the broom. “I, for the love of anything holy, cannot figure out the wiring of the television, and I should’ve waited until Jaemin was here since he’s the one that set it up, but now that you’re here…”

 

“I’ll do it,” Jungkook chuckled, sitting down on the floor to figure out all the wires as Soojin got to brooming, singing softly along to the music. It was a group that Jungkook had not heard before, and he recognized that it was in English rather than Korean. “What artist is this?”

 

“Oh, they’re an indie band named LANY,” Soojin explained, causing the boy to nod. He had finished connecting all the wires but before he could tell the girl that, he was caught up watching her waltz back and forth with the broom as she sang along to the music, her voice sounding much smoother than he could’ve ever imagined.

 

“Oh my heart hurts so good, I love you, babe, so bad, so bad,”

 

“You have a beautiful voice,” Jungkook blurted out. “I mean, the main vocalist, he has such a beautiful voice,”

 

“Yeah, he does,” Soojin giggled, her cheeks flaming as she stopped singing and finished brooming. “Hey, there’s a bunch of menus on my fridge, you can pick what you want for dinner, and order. I’m going to take a quick shower, thanks!” she said, putting the broom away and walking towards her bathroom. Jungkook nodded as he took a look at the girl’s fridge. After deciding that Chinese was good, he called the number and placed an order. As Soojin was still in the shower and he didn’t know the password to the girl’s phone, he continued to listen to the band play as he waited for her to come. He was just standing, but the beat of the music was calling to him, and soon he found himself dancing along to the music.

 

“Not too shabby, Mr. Jeon,” Soojin commented, leaning against the wall.

 

“Don’t just stand there and watch, you creeper,” he chuckled, reaching for her and pulling her towards him. He spun her a few times, his heart beating a little faster with each giggle she let out. After complaining that she was getting dizzy, he pulling her closer, his arms around her waist, hers around the base of his neck to play with his hair.

 

“You are my number one, baby, I like you lots. And I think everybody knows, baby, I like you lots,”

 

Once the song was over, there was a moment of silence between the two where their eyes seemed to be stuck on each other.

 

“Don’t let go,” Soojin whispered.

 

“I would never,” Jungkook whispered back, leaning down to capture her lips with his, pulling her closer.

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“So you guys have been dating for three months,” Jaemin stated, “and you were planning to tell me when?”

 

“When the time was right?” Soojin replied.

 

“WRONG!” Jaemin exclaimed, ignoring the looks that everyone threw his way. “You’re supposed to tell me the minute it went down! I thought we were family!”

 

“We are,”

 

“Clearly not since you’ve been keeping this big promise away from me,” he scoffed, taking a sip of his iced coffee.

 

“We just wanted to wait before telling anyone, just to see if the relationship was going to go anywhere, be serious, you know,” she replied, stirring her own iced latte.

 

“Despite the emptiness I feel in my heart over the fact that you didn’t bother telling me, I’m happy for you,” Jaemin smiled, leaning forward to squeeze the girl’s hand. “I truly am happy that you’re happy, Jinnie,”

 

“Thank you, Nana,” Soojin smiled, squeezing his hand back. “You just can’t tell Auntie or Uncle yet,”

 

“Oh no, honey, it’s too late. I told them the day I caught you two, they want you to bring him to dinner this Friday night,”

 

“Jaemin!” Soojin exclaimed this time.

 

“Sorry, Jinnie,” Jaemin shrugged. “Maybe you’ll remember this the next time you keep secrets from Nana,”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

After 3 days of anxiously waiting, the family dinner where Soojin was to introduce her aunt and uncle to Jungkook was finally over. It went a lot better than she had imagined, although she had been expecting the absolute worst to take place tonight. Her aunt was completely over the moon that Soojin was dating “the younger Jeon boy, oh he’s always been a good one” and while her uncle was a little more uneasy about it, Soojin could see the older man warming up to her boyfriend.

 

“Oh, Soojin honey, come with me, I’ll pack some food for you to take back home,” her aunt said, pulling the girl into the kitchen.

 

“Beer?” Jaemin asked Jungkook.

 

“Sure, Soojin’s driving home,” he nodded, taking the cold bottle before following the boy out the back kitchen door to the backyard. The two boys took a seat on the patio swing, clinking their bottles before taking a sip.

 

“You really like her, huh?” Jaemin asked, breaking the silence.

 

“I do,” Jungkook smiled. “I don’t know how I spent 11 years hating her, because I can’t imagine a day in my life without her,”

 

“She has not had the easiest childhood. She’s always had a hard time letting people in, especially after her parents death, so the fact that she has you now, I’m happy to see her so happy. But the minute you make her cry - ”

 

“The only time I want to make her cry is by making her laugh too hard,” Jungkook cut Jaemin off. “I would never intentionally hurt her,”

 

“We grew up together, and I don’t care that she’s only my cousin, I’ll always see her as my sister. Seeing her happy is all I want to see, and I’m glad that she’s with a good person like you,” Jaemin said, smiling at the boy.

 

Soojin stood at the kitchen door, smiling to herself as she heard the conversation between the two. She didn’t mean to eavesdrop but when she heard Jaemin start the conversation like that, she wanted to know what Jungkook was going to say. The feelings that she felt for her boyfriend were one that she had never felt for any other man before, and she was glad that he felt the same way. Her hand was on the knob, ready to join the two when Jungkook’s voice stopped her.

 

“You know that I’m going to marry her one day, right?” Jungkook said, turning to look at Jaemin.

 

“I know dude,” he smiled. “And I’ll be right there, walking her down the aisle,”

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

“Wanna spend the night, we don’t have class tomorrow,” Soojin spoke, the radio playing softly as she drove them home after dinner with her aunt and uncle.

 

“Yes, please,” Jungkook nodded, reaching over to place his hand on her thigh, the other hand occupied with his phone. Soojin smiled at his direction before turning her attention back to the road. A quick 15 minute drive later, she found herself in her bathroom, brushing her hair as Jungkook hugged her from behind, his head lying in the crook of her neck. “Let’s go to sleep,” he whined.

 

“Give me a few minutes,” she giggled as his lips against her neck tickled her. “Let me finish braiding my hair,”

 

“Leave it like this, you look gorgeous either way,” he said, lifting her over his shoulder and out of the bathroom.

 

“Jungkook!” Soojin exclaimed, slapping his back. “Put me down!” The boy ignored her, leading walking to the bedroom before dropping her on the mattress and then dropping next to her, wrapping his arms around her upper body to cuddle her as he threw one leg over her waist.

 

“You big baby,” she complained, but snuggled closer to him.

 

“Hey Soojin,” he whispered into her ear.

 

“Hm?” Soojin replied, moments away from sleep.

 

“You are my number one, baby,” he chuckled, his voice slightly drowsy.

 

“You’re my number one too,” she chuckled, knowing very well he was referring to their song.

 

“I like you lots,” Jungkook whispered, shifting to press his lips against hers.

 

“I like you lots, too,” Soojin replied, breaking the kiss to smile.