Where the sun hides

Steal Me With A Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun walks back to the auditorium, he feels a little disoriented. It doesn't have anything to do with the make out session from earlier he tells himself, he really wants to believe that. He doesn't find Chanyeol where he last saw him, but he finds his bomber jacket on the seat. He throws on his jacket and makes his way to the exit. He is immediately welcomed by a slap of cold air across his face, he scrunches his nose, hoping it would aid in his quest to get blood flowing back to his face. He finds Chanyeol and Sehun huddled up near his car, deeply engrossed in a conversation. So much that it takes them a few seconds to acknowledge Baekhyun’s presence.

 

"I swear to god I saw-", he hears Sehun say to a confused looking Chanyeol, swinging his arms wildly in the air. He stops himself when he sees Baekhyun, he gives him a smile instead.

 

Chanyeol huffs, "Dude, where did you run off to?"

 

Baekhyun takes two seconds to gather himself only to reply, "To the washroom," it doesn't sound convincing at all. Well, at least he tried. Chanyeol is going to pester him about it, he mentally groans. Before Chanyeol can bombard him with questions, Kai pops up from behind him, being the savior he is. Baekhyun breathes out a sigh of relief.

 

"Hey," he says, not quite looking in Beakhyun's direction. He is quick to notice the thick scarf he has around his neck underneath his coat, Baekhyun can't help but feel a little embarrassed, he resorts to scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

 

"Let's get some dinner, drinks on me," Chanyeol says. Baekhyun coos in excitement, joined by Kai and Sehun.

 

"My baby is the best," Sehun says, pecking Chanyeol's lips.

 

Chanyeol laughs, and gives Sehun a bashful smile. Baekhyun recognises that smile, it's reserved only for Sehun. Baekhyun looks away, it seems too intimate of a moment. His eyes lock with Kai's instead, who is already looking in his direction for some reason. Kai gives him a small nod. Baekhyun breaks the eye contact, it's so awkward, he just wants to pull his hair out.

 

"Are you guys done? Chan's gotta feed a hungry kid, you know," Baekhyun says, walking towards the car. He hears Kai chuckle behind him, a sound he's grown to love.

 

They quickly get into the car, with Sehun and Baekhyun bickering over the ownership of the aux cable. Baekhyun doesn't understand why he should put himself through the pain of listening to All I Want For Christmas is You on loop the entire journey, there's still a week left for Christmas anyways. Sehun insists on claiming it's a Christmas ritual everyone should follow, Kai agrees with him. Baekhyun scoffs, but before he can even begin to argue, Chanyeol pulls up in front of a small pub.

 

The pub has gaudy Christmas decorations clinging to the front door. The bells on the door chime softly when they enter, reminding Baekhyun of the tiny bells he used to hang on the christmas trees he decorated as a little kid, he smiles inwardly at the memory of it all. The place is rather empty, sans a few couples, who look too cheery for this time of the night. They seat themselves in the corner of the pub, with Kai sitting next to him, he notices the large gap Kai leaves between them, it irks Baekhyun a little, but he lets it go, it's so puerile of him really. They order a pitcher of beer and lots of food. Baekhyun takes a sip of his beer, and lets out a sigh of contentment. Beer, food, friends, and poorly written Christmas music blaring through low quality speakers, what more could he ask for honestly.

 

"Oh god, I just remembered, I didn't tell you how ing good your performance was," Baekhyun says to Sehun, stuffing his mouth with large amounts of fries.

 

"And yours too," he adds quickly, looking at Kai, as if he didn't already let him know about it. Baekhyun feels blood rush into his face, he bites his lower lip harshly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter