Little more than like

Steal Me With A Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun slightly swirls his spoon, letting his cereals get soggier in the bowl. He lazily scrolls through his phone, stops when he sees Kai's story on Instagram. It's a picture of Kai with his arms slung around a shorter boy who has round, almond shaped eyes and a heart shaped smile. A little "miss you" is typed at the corner of the picture along with the boy's username. Baekhyun's heart stills, as he immediately checks the boy's profile, the boy’s name is Kyungsoo he gathers. He goes through his feed to find a few pics with Kai which are a couple of years old. He guesses he's the one Kai is trying to impress, something coils deep in his stomach. Baekhyun's mind is clouded as he clutches his phone tightly, he has never asked Kai about him, neither has Kai ever told him, maybe because deep down he didn't want to know. Baekhyun always knew he was just being used for practice and that all of this wasn't real, but that does not explain why he's so uncharacteristically irked by watching the pictures of Kai hugging this boy, Kyungsoo. Baekhyun heart constricts against his chest, he has suddenly lost his appetite. He throws the bowl into the kitchen sink and shakes his head. Kai walks into the hall, having just woken up from his sleep, his hair is ruffled messily. He stifles a yawn, stretching himself widely, his pajama shirt rides up, revealing the wide expanse of his waist. Baekhyun peels his eyes away, ignoring the blood rushing into his cheeks.

 

Baekhyun coughs a little into his hands, "All set for today?" he asks, he is glad his voice doesn't crack. Today is Kai's dance showcase, the one that has kept Kai awake for countless nights in anxiety and nervousness.

 

"Uh huh," he says, purring softly as he makes himself some coffee. Baekhyun feels that warmth simmer in his chest again as he watches Kai doing the most mundane thing, all he wants to do is run his hands through his hair and pet him. But the photos he saw earlier stop him from thinking any further. He feels pathetic, he needs some fresh air. He waves Kai a small goodbye, grabs his jacket and walks out of the apartment.

 

from Baekhyun:

Hey what time are you leaving to attend Sehun's dance showcase?

 

from Chanyeol:

Around 6 in the evening. Why?

 

from Baekhyun:

I was wondering if I could join u

 

from Chanyeol:

DHDHSHSHJ

 

from Baekhyun:

Was that a yes?

 

From Chanyeol:

Zbbfbddhsuuznznamajj

 

From Baekhyun:

r u okay there?

 

From Chanyeol:

Yes yes yes. After trying for months to get you to come, you finally agree. What changed your mind may I ask?

 

From Baekhyun:

Ummm I just wanted to give my bestfriend some company.

 

From Chanyeol:

I don't buy it

 

From Baekhyun:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter