Not broken after all

Steal Me With A Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun has his elbows propped up on his desk and his face nestled in his hands, he is probably dozing off for the fifteenth time in Prof. Jongdae's class. It's just that Expressive Typography in Media is infact as boring as it sounds and Prof. Jongdae doesn't make it any better, he looks like he hates the subject more if Baekhyun's being honest.

 

"Byun Baekhyun, do you perhaps want a blanket and a pillow, you seem a little uncomfortable there," says Prof. Jongdae, his loud booming voice jolts Baekhyun awake.

 

Baekhyun blinks his eyes vigorously, "Sorry, sir," he says. Prof. Jongdae goes back to teaching the class, shaking his head angrily. Baekhyun turns to look at his laptop and pretends to type something in it so that he looks at least partially productive. He can hear Chanyeol sneer beside him.

 

"Didn't catch enough sleep last night? Wet dreams keeping you up at night huh?" Chanyeol whispers, loud enough for Mark and Lucas to hear who break into a fit of giggles.

 

"Oh you, Park," Baekhyun says, only making them giggle louder. It was probably Baekhyun's fault for telling Chanyeol one night that he wouldn't mind blowing Prof. Jongdae, mind you, he was extremely drunk. Chanyeol believes Baekhyun is sort of a masochist, which he vehemently denies.

 

The classes are finally over, Baekhyun sighs as he slings his laptop bag over his shoulders. Mark and Lucas head home, they practically are living together at this point. Baekhyun watches them leave, their hands intertwined, faces beaming at each other's. It kind of leaves a void open in Baekhyun's chest, a void that can never be filled. Or maybe it's broken in the first place.

 

Chanyeol taps on his shoulder, "I'm going to Mason's Pub with Sehun later tonight. Wanna join?" he asks, scrolling through his phone to find coupons that he is sure is going to give him a discount at the pub. The thing is, Baekhyun would have normally agreed to the plan, but a small part of his brain screams that it's a Thursday, so that means he gets to Kai's face.

 

Only as practice ofcourse, his brain supplies for him.

 

Baekhyun wants to stop the excitement coiling in his gut, he doesn't understand why he's so eager. He asks Chanyeol to carry on without him, making Chanyeol stop his coupon hunting momentarily and look up at him, he ignores it. There's a spring to his steps as he back to his flat.

 

The first thing Baekhyun does when he reaches his apartment is walk over to the kitchen. He finds a small note stuck to the kitchen countertop. The note reads:

 

"I made some lunch to stop you from buying copious amounts of junk"

 

Baekhyun smiles fondly at it, Kai has always been so goddamn kind and warm. He has a way of showing affection through actions which makes Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter